shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Thank you everyone! Anchor, good luck! Hope to see your bfp soon!

I took another Clearblue digi this morning and it said "pregnant," finally! But I'm nervous because I feel like my hormone levels should be higher by now. My Wondfos are still very very faint, and my FRER this morning looked a little lighter than yesterday's, I think. I figure my hormone level must have increased for the CBE to finally come back positive, but I just feel like I should be getting darker lines by 13 DPO. Guess I should post in JBP, but I'm nervous! Just not sure this is really happening.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Blacksand! The fact the digital is now coming back positive means your HCG is increasing, so don't even give those lines on the test a second thought. There is so much variability between the tests, and it can take awhile for the line to darken. I have been there done that with the obsessing over the color of the line on the test, and all it did was make me worry unnecessarily. Congrats, again! I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Sending lots of good thoughts to everyone else TTC!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Uh oh... Temp drop + cramps + spotting = not good. I'll test again tomorrow morning, but I expect AF will show up in a day or two... :(

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

blacksand|1383159053|3547654 said:
Thank you everyone! Anchor, good luck! Hope to see your bfp soon!

I took another Clearblue digi this morning and it said "pregnant," finally! But I'm nervous because I feel like my hormone levels should be higher by now. My Wondfos are still very very faint, and my FRER this morning looked a little lighter than yesterday's, I think. I figure my hormone level must have increased for the CBE to finally come back positive, but I just feel like I should be getting darker lines by 13 DPO. Guess I should post in JBP, but I'm nervous! Just not sure this is really happening.

Blacksand - First off, congrats on getting your BFP's! :appl: You are def preggo, so don't necessarily worry about line strength. Also, just wanted to give you a big PSA on the CBE's - they are EVIL, stay away! You can see my story over in teh JBG thread, but basically, I had an HCG level of about 3500 and those evil things were still pegging my HCG to under 2000, giving me all kinds of nerves. Stick with with the Wondfo's and the FRER for your testing needs, and don't let those CBE's get into your head, lol. Congrats again though.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

anchor31|1383233358|3548142 said:
Uh oh... Temp drop + cramps + spotting = not good. I'll test again tomorrow morning, but I expect AF will show up in a day or two... :(

Anchor - Sorry for the possible bad news, but keep your chin up and hopefully you will get a pleasant surprise tomorrow. ;))

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you all so much, you are so patient with my neuroses! My tests all came back a little darker today, so I am feeling reassured. I will take your advice and not worry too much about the lines. I am going to attempt to refrain from testing completely for a day or two. AF was due today, and she's not here, so that's all the confirmation I need for now. dcgator, thanks for the CBE PSA (gah so many acronyms!). That must have been so stressful. As nice as it was to finally see "pregnant" on a digi, I officially hate CBEs for causing so much stress. I'm kind of hating Wondfos at the moment, too, for being so darned light even at 14 dpo. I am going to go ahead and crown FRER as the queen of HPTs. I don't know why I didn't buy them sooner. They give me nice, clear pink lines that remove all the ambiguity, and my results always come up quickly.

anchor, don't lose hope just yet. I have never felt more like AF was coming than I did earlier this week. Remember me pouting and whining about how I was obviously out this month and I hate AF and I hate the whole world and everything sucks? Turns out, that was my first official pregnancy mood swing. No matter what, I hope you get your BFP very soon!

Seriously, thank you all so much. I have gotten so much information from this thread, and so much patience, kindness and reassurance from all of you. You are the best.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Cycle 5, CD1. My whole body hurts. Meh.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry, anchor. Hope you feel better soon, and that Cycle 5 is your cycle.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I'm sorry Anchor! I hope this next cycle is yours!!

Nothing interesting over here. I had an emotional melt down yesterday b/c of job related issues and then I came home to no power. Apparently a tree fell, but it was the icing on the cake and I became a waterfall of tears. Broke my vegetarian eating and had shepherd's pie for dinner. :lickout: I deserved it right?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

I'm just giving up on this cycle. I'm not even sure if I O'd yet. I'm leaving for South Africa tomorrow. My friend that I've known for 17 yrs was killed in a car accident. Sis and I are flying there for the service. Wish we were going for a happy reason, but it is what it is. I'll be gone the whole week, so even if I do O next week, I'll be away from DH and things won't actually work out timing-wise. And I'm sure the stress/etc will not make for happy baby growing in my body right now. So I'm just going to count myself out for this cycle. :(sad

I found out that my sweet girlfriend (college roomie) is expecting her 2nd! So hooray for happy news. Our sons are 6 months apart. She's due Apr 2nd. I wish I could join her soon, but we'll see.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

LC, I'm so sorry :(

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

LC, so sorry to hear about your friend. How tragic. I'll be thinking of you, and I'm hoping that if this is not your cycle, that you will get pregnant very soon.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock

LC, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :((

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

LC, I'm so sorry about your friend. Also sorry about the frustrating cycle. You could use some good news. I hope it comes soon for you!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Spotting on DPO5&6 is bad, isn't it? Too early to be implantation bleeding, right?

Oh well, first appointment on the 18th, chin up til then!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Aviastar, you never know, it could be implantation bleeding. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is! If not, I'm glad you at least have an appointment scheduled. Hang in there!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Hey all! Not a lot to report. I got a somewhat? Positive OPK last night. Has anyone had two lines but both be slightly faded? Like maybe the dye didn't take all the way across? They were both there, same color, just both had a bit of fading on one end. Regardless we got bbd in in the morning. SO was SO cranky yesterday and he is again today so it might be our only chance this month.

Non related topic, I broke yet another phone yesterday. ;(

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Hi all! Well, I think I'm in the two week wait...but I don't know if I've O'd yet so I'll call it the two-ish week wait. Today is CD15 which is my most common O day, but it can vary between CD14 and CD19. We meant to BD on Saturday which was CD13 but both fell asleep, so we did it last night and will again tonight. It's funny how much more motivated and on it we were for kid #1! This time is much more relaxed. I had 3 OPKs left from last cycle and it was still negative yesterday. So I'm thinking we are probably okay timing wise and I will O either today or in the next couple of days. I can usually rely on my O pain but I've had a constant pain since last month's O so that's no help.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Diving back into Pricescope posting with this thread! DH and I are going to TTC on the next cycle. I'm on CD 17 for this one and used OPKs to track ovulation. Got a positive on CD 12. My cycles have been anywhere from 24-28/29 days in the last few months but mostly around the 28 day mark. If I have a 28 day cycle this one I will be ovulating right around Thanksgiving. Only thing is... we will be visiting friends in San Diego for the holiday.

I need to go back into this thread and read up on everyone who is TTC right now! I'm excited to go through this journey with you. Best wishes to everyone TTC!

My eye did catch LCs post. I'm so so sorry to hear about your friend. Safe travels over to South Africa.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Ahhhh Claritek!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you here!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Umm I know there's really no such thing as TMI in this thread...but I've got a question that is borderline. So last night we BDd. When we aren't TTC he pulls out, so I'm a bit rusty on the aftermath of real BDing. How long does it usually take the...remnants...to come out? Because I either just had a bunch of EWCM or it was, uh, something else. :)

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1383600523|3550348 said:
Umm I know there's really no such thing as TMI in this thread...but I've got a question that is borderline. So last night we BDd. When we aren't TTC he pulls out, so I'm a bit rusty on the aftermath of real BDing. How long does it usually take the...remnants...to come out? Because I either just had a bunch of EWCM or it was, uh, something else. :)

I am really terrible about telling the difference :lol: ! But in general, I find 10-20 mins for the initial flush to, um, dissipate? exit? And then I don't trust anything for tracking purposes for the next few hours. If it's CM, it will happen again and I note it then.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I suppose I am in the tww. I took another OPK last night and it was negative, so I'm assuming I O'd on CD13 which was Sunday, which is also when we got in our 1 bbd for the week. Not very likely. Meh.

AMC - you are so funny! I don't have a good answer for you as I don't really pay super close attention to see how long or to decide how long to wait. I've never really had to b/c we are like you!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek, hey, nice to see you are finally about to take the plunge! I remember you posting when I was TTC#1. I hope that your TTC journey is short and sweet!

amc, um, it can sometimes last quite awhile, even into the next day, which is disgusting to even talk about. But like aviastar said, if it is EWCM, it won't be an isolated event.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Aviastar- Good luck this cycle! I hope you won't be needing that appointment in the end! Those OPKs looks fabulous. Realllllly hoping that spotting you're getting is implantation bleeding and not AF coming early. Fingers crossed!

Anchor- Sorry to read that AF came this cycle. I hope by now AF has packed her bags and taken her discomfort with her.

AMC- Have a great time on your cruise! I can relate to the "should we try this month or wait due to our vacation" thing. We have a big wine tasting trip planned for the week before Thanksgiving. We live in Walnut Creek (I know you're from around here, right?) and heading to Paso and then Santa Barbara County (Foxen Canyon and surrounding areas) before driving the rest of the way to San Diego. I really, really wanted to be able to drink on our trip as I loooooooove wine so this is our last big wino trip before baby. I need to check out the baby threads and see how your little one is growing up!

Blacksand and Meg- CONGRATS on your recent BFPs!!! :appl:

DF- Good luck this cycle! Thanks for the welcome! As for the faded lines that are equally as strong- I noticed that with my current batch of OPKs that they were like that. I normally would dip a test and then jump in the shower. By the time I got out they were stronger (but still within the window). Weird how that happens. When I used to use OPKs a couple of years ago after I went off of the pill if I were to get a positive it would be raging red right away. But from my point of view I think if the test line is as dark as the control line thats a positive- or getting there.

MP- Thanks for the welcome! I used to read a lot during your journey with TTC #1 and cheer you on from the sidelines.

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. Part of me is ridiculous and thinks "Hey! My ILs are here for Christmas! If we get lucky the first cycle we can tell them in person!!!" but I need to temper my expectations and hopes and enjoy the process as much as I can. DH has been reading new father and baby books that a friend gave us. I've been really to have a lot of great girlfriends who are already moms that I've been learning from for years. He is 4 years younger than I am and none of his friends have kids yet. Barely any of them are married, in fact. So he feels overwhelmed and frightened about being able to be a good father and I keep telling him that no one knows what they're doing when they become parents and that he has great instincts and is smart and we will figure it out together. As long as the baby has a place to sleep, is fed, clothed, loved, and clean then we will be doing just fine.

I apologize if I missed anyone! Work has been nuts but I'm going to make a habit of coming over here regularly so I don't get behind on everyone's journeys.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the input! I thought it was an isolated event but it happened again last night. I had read that one way to tell is to rub it between your fingers (ew) and if it is ewcm it will stay slippery, but if it's "something else" it will dry up in a few rubs. Well, it stayed slippery so I'm guessing it was EWCM. We got another BD session in last night so that means we dtd on CD 14 and 15. I'm pretty sure all of the CD14 swimmers were old and dead. Still no idea if I've O'd yet but I'm thinking possible not due to the EWCM still being around.

Clairitek said:
AMC- Have a great time on your cruise! I can relate to the "should we try this month or wait due to our vacation" thing. We have a big wine tasting trip planned for the week before Thanksgiving. We live in Walnut Creek (I know you're from around here, right?) and heading to Paso and then Santa Barbara County (Foxen Canyon and surrounding areas) before driving the rest of the way to San Diego. I really, really wanted to be able to drink on our trip as I loooooooove wine so this is our last big wino trip before baby. I need to check out the baby threads and see how your little one is growing up!

It is so hard to plan anything at this stage of life. I mean for the next few years I'll either have an infant or be pregnant, so that makes it hard. Just do what I'm going to do- go wine tasting and don't test until you get home :) I used to live in WC and was raised near Modesto. And my parents live near Pismo Beach and I went to UCSB...so I'm familiar with all of those places...oh and I lived in SD as well :) Have a great time!!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

aviastar, it could well be implantation bleeding. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

dragonfly, good luck with the tww! When do you test?

amc, I see your TMI and raise you into just plain disgusting territory: I can always tell the difference by the smell.

Clairitek, good luck! Hope it's a short stay for you!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

blacksand|1383669744|3550885 said:
amc, I see your TMI and raise you into just plain disgusting territory: I can always tell the difference by the smell.

Haha nice! Better than by taste :shock:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Well, apparently all I have to do to bring on ovulation is post about not knowing when I O'd. Just after I submitted my previous post I started getting my typical O pains. It's the same pain I've had for the last month but WAY worse, so I'm sure that's it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

blacksand|1383669744|3550885 said:
aviastar, it could well be implantation bleeding. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

dragonfly, good luck with the tww! When do you test?

Clairitek, good luck! Hope it's a short stay for you!

Blacksand - Probably the end of next week.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results