The Official TTC Thread!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Duplicate post.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, PS just ate my post.

Congrats Mischka! Does anyone else get the urge to POAS when they see a BFP?

DC, Sorry about AF, but a new cycle=new opportunity!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock

OMG Miscka, so SO so HAPPY for you!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Yay!!!!

Are you a soy believer now?

Love it!!!! This totally made my day. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

OMG!!!! MISCKA!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Miscka!

wellinsm

Rough_Rock

:appl:

Congrats Miscka!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Woo, congrats Miscka!!!! :appl: Yay for soy isoflavones!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

Yall are seriously the best!!! I was so excited to come and share :bigsmile:

CDN! Lady I am so glad to hear from you, how are you doing??

Re:soy, I am (obviously) happy with the results! Kind of crazy since it made my chart so wonky I didnt even know if/when I Oed.

I actually started testing after dc's 8dpo suggestion, and was about to stop when the lovely chart-guru dreamer came and weighed in. I tested Sunday morning and was SO shocked to see that faint pink line! I took 3 more tests (hahahaha) and all had the same faint line. Then Monday they were darker! Today they didnt darken so much, but I took that digi at lunch with only about 1.5hr hold so I was THRILLED to see it come up +!

I kind of felt pregnant, if that makes any sense. I had NO boob soreness (do now!) which I normally have pretty much the whole 2ww. Also I have weird cramping, like REALLY low twinges, and I am more tired than usual. I am ALREADY feeling really bloated. I know its crazy early, but I am pretty bloat-prone to start :knockout: I have a bloodwork appt with my midwife tomorrow to confirm. I am nervous!

I am SO grateful to be sharing this journey with you guys, I really am. Lots and lots of babydust!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

Woohoo! Congrats!!!

brooks

Rough_Rock

DC - sorry to hear about AF. I had the CD 3 b/w done earlier this month. It's nice to just have a little more information. In this very unsure thing called TTC, any additional information can help you feel a little more "in the know" ... at least for me anyway. Good luck with that - hoping the results are just perfect!

Thanks wellinsm - charts can be confusing to me too! Good luck to you this week!

Good luck to you as well, Steal!

Thanks for your encouraging words Bliss! You are so kind to all of us on this board. =)

Miscka - CONGRATS! It must be an amazing feeling to see that word! Good luck with your appt tomorrow. Keep us posted on your progress!

I still don't really know what to think about my chart, but I'm just choosing to be positive for the time being. I have the pink up and up bbt from Target and lately it's been making some strange sounds when it's trying to beep. I've read some negative reviews about it so I decided to go pick up a different one tonight. I'll probably continue this cycle with the old one for continuity but I'm going to try them both tomorrow and just see if there is any difference.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Miscka - WOOHOO, sooo exciting for you! Congrats to you and your DH on getting KU! Have you told him yet and if not, how are you going to tell him?

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

PS If I remember correctly, you used SI. Do you think it did the trick and if so, what was your regime?

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Miscka, OMG! Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Sooo happy for you, mama!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I just love seeing BFP pics on here!!! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

DC, sorry about CD1. Here's to new beginnings and a fresh new opportunity!! :bigsmile:

Brooks, I am not sure to make of your chart plus the other symptoms of O. Just based on the chart alone, I would vote anovulatory, but I'm somewhat convinced by your other signs. Perhaps your body geared up to O, and you even had somewhat of an LH spike (hence the positive OPK) but for some reason you didn't actually release the eggie?? The post-O higher temps that occur are caused by the progesterone that is released by the corpus luteum, which only forms if an egg is actually released, so that's my best guess. Sometimes our bodies can get all ready to O, but anything from illness to stress to even things we can't perceive can stop that egg from coming out. Unfortunately. However, I think you still have a good chance to O this cycle..maybe in another week your body will try again!! I've seen that happen to some women before.

Po, I've heard more than once that the time when couples decide to relax about TTC is when it finally happens...hope that's what happens for you!! :bigsmile:

Wellinsm, hope your BD marathon is going well! hehe! We are not an "everyday" kind of couple either....my chart from when I got preggo is actually kinda hilarious....there's one X before O, then three X's in a row cerca-O, then nothing else. :lol: And lemme tell ya, the first trimester stuff did NOT help my libido....feeling bloated and nauseous with super sore BB's is NOT sexy. LOL! I'm hoping that the second tri will bring better times. :bigsmile:

Steal, I allowed myself to indulge in wine at night up until testing positive. The baby doesn't share your blood supply until it's well-implanted, so it's truly OK to "drink until you see pink". As far as the effect of alcohol on fertility, I don't know....but both times I got preggo I was still drinking during O time and the 2ww. Oh, and I'm also a big PreSeed fan. Used it both times I got preggo too....who knows, maybe we woulda been successful without it too, but I liked how it felt and maybe it did help!!

DUST ALL AROUND!!! I don't post here much, but I do lurk and continue to root for you all!!! :)

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Miscka - wonderful news, congratulations hon.

Here's to a healthy, happy 9 months.

Po
x

Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Congrats Miska!

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations Mischka!! :appl: :appl:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats Mischka! When is your due date? I'm guessing mid-March? :appl: :appl: :appl:

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks again everyone for the congrats!!!! It means the world.

dc - I told him by running from the bathroom to the bedroom yelling "we made a baby! we made a baby!" :rodent: Not the cutest or most creative way for sure!

I was taking soy. Someone on FF suggested it for my shortish LP. I took 120mg from CD3-7 (5 days). I do feel good about it, but I was also pretty nervous. I am not a big medicine-taker, but I was nearing the end of our good insurance deadline, so gave it a shot. It can mess with cycles and I was so worried it had messed with mine, but I think really it was my cold that messed with the chart. There are TONS of ladies on FF who have taken it, theres a soy user circle if you need more resources!!

Lanie - I think around March 25? Today at my appt I told my dr I O early and she said I was about 4 weeks, but my ultrasound for dating, etc isnt until Aug 4th. Gah!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I posted yesterday...but it is not here???

Miscka: Many congratulations. I am delighted for you!

Good luck to all.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats Mischka! So happy for you :appl: :appl:

DC, Sorry about AF, I wish you the best for this new cycle.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Miscka :appl:

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

Yeah Miscka :D Wishing you a very H&H 9 months... I think the soy connection is really interesting... whether it was that or just your time - congrats!

DC - so sorry to see your potentially hopeful post followed by the announcement of AF :twisted: ... I was frustrated and disappointed for you. Hope this cycle has been going well and that your BFP is just a few weeks away.

Lanie and HouM - great to see you guys pop back in here. I check in on you on the preggo threads and pull for you from afar. Lanie I am soooo glad everything turned out ok for you and your LO.

Steal good luck with your 2ww!

Wellinsm - we are also not an everyday couple... I like to think of us as weekend warriors. TI puts a lot of pressure on our sex life and unfortunately the most important part of the performance depends on DH so if he is not willing/able/interested it can be stressful.

Sorry if I missed people - this new format makes it hard to reply and review old posts. Hoping for more picture announcements sooon!

Sorry I have been MIA... I had my first IUI yesterday and I am officially in my first 2ww since we started to try. It's been a hectic three weeks getting here - between my first RE appointment and my IUI yesterday I had about 10 ultrasound/bloodwork monitorings, started Gonal F CD3, and triggered on Tuesday night, had the IUI Thursday. I have my first beta test in two weeks. Because of the HCG in the trigger you are not supposed to POAS, but I am not sure I am gonna be able to resist. Hoping this time flies but it's already dragging.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Miscka!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :appl: :appl: I love the way you told your DH! That's totally my style! Happy and Healthy 8.5 months to you, Miscka!!

RyanClaire! Congrats on your IUI and Yay for ovulating!! Regarding the HCG, some women like to test it out of their system. This works great if you have the cheapie internet tests. It is kind of an OCD way of going about things. Ideally, you would just wait until 14 days, and you can test on your own then. My RE's office would prefer testing at home before coming in for a beta. Some women like to wait it out. The HCG could be out in 8 days or 10 days, we are all different. That's why it's maddening.

I got a BFP after my first IUI (it CAN happen!!), though the pregnancy was not viable. Anyway, I didn't test until maybe 12 DPO, got a BFP and was psyched, only to realize a few hours later that it might have still been leftover HCG from the trigger. Grrr. That's when I decided to test it out the next cycle.

Did they tell you how many follicles they expected would release?? Very exciting!!

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

Hi LV! Thanks for the encouragement. I am definitely the OCD type so I already love the idea of testing out the hcg. When would you start? 7dpiui? On the day of trigger (CD13) I had 1 follice at 20 mm and another at 16mm. My E2 levels were over 1000 though so hopefully the 16mm one had time to catch up. I have PCO-like ovaries with lots of immature follices so they all emit some estrogen, which is my the number is that high for only two follicles.

I know it's naive to think it will work on the first time, but clearly sometimes it does (although I am sorry it was not viable :(sad ). My head knows it's a 20% shot but somehow you just hope you'll find yourself in that minority.

TMI did you and your DH have sex within 24 hours of the IUIs... with our schedules we didn't fit it in and I hate to think it might have hurt our chances... but it's done. So now I wait.

Thanks again for the response and support. (How are things going for you? Is it possible you are already in your 2nd trimester? LOVED the us pics from week 10...)

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock

Lots of dust Ryan Claire!

ETA: You know, I always assumed there was an underscore in your username, b/c they were all underlined on old PS. So, I always put an underscore whenever I replied to you.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

RyanClaire,

I think I would start testing at 5DPIUI, at least. I must confess that on my second IUI (the only time I tested out the HCG), I seriously made myself crazy with this. It's the internet cheapies that help fuel the craziness. I probably started testing at 5DPIUI and very clearly had HCG in my system. Each day, the darkness of the line would lessen, until maybe 10DPIUI. Well, in my mind, there was still a faint line there on days 11 and 12. I just could not accept it. Evaporation lines fueled my faint belief that I was pregnant. I was actually happy when I had the beta and my HCG level was zero. The blood test finally put me out of my misery!! Oh well, actually, I wasn't happy at all. Quite devastated, but no need to talk about any of that now!

Regarding your question, my office actually does back-to-back IUIs. The IUIs are scheduled approximately 24 and 48 hours after trigger, if I am recalling correctly. So, we did not BD the day after the second IUI. Some offices do back-to-back IUIs, but many do not. My RE believes that odds are slightly increased by doing 2 IUIs, but I do not think this is generally established, which is why not all REs do them. I wouldn't worry about skipping the BD session after the IUI, as the IUI itself has really optimized your chances. And, yay for possibly 2 eggs!! Though all you need is one!! Sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts that sperm and egg meet and a little embryo will implant soon!!! It's only a matter of time, but I hope this is the one for you!

Yes, I am 14 weeks now. It's still hard to believe sometimes!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Ryan Claire - yaaaaay for your 1st 2ww!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I really hope this 1st IUI did the trick for you! I will keep my fingers crossed and send all kinds of baby dust your way!!

And of course, continued baby dust and well wishes to all my buddies here!! :) The Just Barely Preggo thread has been a tad slow lately...I think Miscka needs a few more friends to head over there with her! :naughty:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Ryan Claire!!!! Yay for ovulating!!!! Isn't that a great feeling?!?!? I'm so excited for you. I got preggo the first time I finally (medically) ovulated, so it can happen for you too. I figure there can't be too many kinks in the whole system, and I think you just have a kink in the first part of it like I did! I personally didn't test out the HCG day to day but I read about lots of ladies who did. I think I tested it on 7 or 8dpo (or what I thought was 7 or 8 days) and it was negative, so I knew I was good to go from them on since it was too early to be a true positive. I tested on day 13 and it was positive. The HCG is a cool thing since it makes you feel pregnant (or it did for me at least), so even if you aren't, it's nice to know what it feels like and what to expect when you are! I'm honestly so excited for you and I'll be checking in when you test, if you decide to let us all know! Yay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock

RC - I am so thrilled for you in your first 2 WW!!! I am crossing every part I have hoping that this is it for you!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

Ryan Claire!!! SOOOO happy for you, and sending tons of baby dust your way! Very exciting :bigsmile:

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Morning All

It's so nice to see all the posts and familiar faces.

RC - I've everything crossed for you and hope the 2ww isn't too long for you.

I love all the BFPs it's so exciting but then it's not so good being left behind :oops:

Anyhoo, hope you all have a good day, we're off to see Inception which I'm looking forward to.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results