shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Bella - big hugs lady!! And I hope your hiatus is exactly what you need...down the road, I''d love to see you to come back and announce that you''re expecting! :) Hang in there....TTC is not an easy road all the time. In fact, it''s rarely easy. Whether it''s trouble getting pregnant, or trouble staying pregnant, plenty of couples have a hard time in one way or another. I''ll be thinking about you! :)

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Bella - I know you are feeling frustrated (been there, done that), but please, please, please remember that it can take healthy couples up to a year to become preggo and you said you were only trying for 5 months and some months you even missed the window. Honestly, my Dr. labeled us with unexplained infertility, but she said with all our tests coming back normal that really, we could just be completely fine. Again, it took us 10 months for our 1st pregnancy (sadly ending in miscarriage) and 7 months for my current one.

Anyway, just keep that in perspective. Sometimes these things don''t happen as quickly as we want them to. I''m such a planner and this was one thing that was completely out of my control and I hated that!

Definitely take some time for yourself - I took a hiatus from PS from October to March (didn''t even lurk). When I came back in March, I was 8 weeks along! I think the break helped, put the important things in perspective for me and concentrate on our main goal of having a baby (or in my case, babies). Wishing you all the best and happy TTCing!
5.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella - Sorry to hear you''re having a tough time. I think taking a hiatus and re-grouping is a great idea. I''ve tried to do it myself in the past, but my lurking always turns into occasional posting, and then it''s not really a hiatus at all. But, really, it will happen, and when it does, this rough patch is going to be a distant memory. I went through similar issues with my DH. He is super-relaxed and would always say he was not worried and that we hadn''t been trying that long. Whereas for me, it felt like an eternity had passed. The waiting to ovulate, then the waiting to test, then the hopes being dashed, month after month, well, it just is not easy. I totally understand.

I hope you have a wonderful July, Bella. You''ve been a source of support to so many of us here, and we''ll do the same for you if and when you need it! Take care!
1.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
So last night, because I was technically "late" I tested because I wanted to know that I was indeed late so I could pay attention to the length of my cycle. Last month it was almost 45 days.

To my utter shock and suprise I got this:

BDRResult2.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY $H*T! Breha I''m so flipping happy for you!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think our Boston GTGs are going to have to be play dates from now on...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks HH! I''ve got to wait until the 13th for my first visit. I admitted to my OB this morning that I tested 3 times. I kept feeling like it was a fluke - the first time I used a cheapie test and the lines appeared instantly and were very dark. I waited until 4 AM and tested with my digital and then tested one more time with another digi.

I want so desperately to be excited but I''m terrified that this is a fluke, more tricks my body is playing on me. However, I have had very sore bbs for weeks now, some darkening of the nipple region and nausea throughout the day. My OB said all those symptoms combined with the positives is a great sign. I think I will feel more comfortable after the official blood work is done (for levels). Based upon my last period start date, I am about 4 weeks along.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations KTF!

or should your initials now be KTFu?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Umm....the vanilla milkshake craving didn''t give it away??

All signs point to knocked up. Congrats and Aidan and I are sending you lots of sticky bean vibes!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 3:31:34 PM
Author: noelwr
congratulations KTF!

or should your initials now be KTFu?
LOL - I LOVE it Noelwr! Thanks for the congrats!

HH - The milkshake totally should have been a dead giveaway. I NEVER want vanilla. I think on the way home I''m gonna have to stop and get one. The craving is still there. Unfortunately my thoughts about food wind up competing with my upset tummy and losing most of the time.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif
Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I loved what you said "If it is meant to be, it will happen. If not, that''s okay too."

This baby is meant to be KTF

Congratulations again
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations KTF!!!!! So happy for you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 3:16:26 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
So last night, because I was technically ''late'' I tested because I wanted to know that I was indeed late so I could pay attention to the length of my cycle. Last month it was almost 45 days.

Wonderful news. Congratulations Mamma
1.gif

118051rz4q62rqgn.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, congrats KTF!!!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

Geri, brooks, KeepingTF - thanks for the messages and support.

Po - i agree, it's definitely been quiet over here... hopefully it's the quiet before the storm (of BFP?).

Bella - so sorry you have been going through some tough stuff with your DH and issues of testing and fertility. I think it's hard to explain to a partner what exactly the process is like for us... and all can be chugging along fine until they have to get more involved (SA, bloodwork, etc)... I think it can suddenly make things real to them, when they have been real to you for awhile. But it sounds as though you guys are working on it and have come to a place that you are ok with. I hope your break from this site is refreshing and gives you a little perspective.

DCGator - thanks for sharing your story. Sorry about the confusion you are feeling. TTC can be really tough on a relationship in a lot of ways - the pressured sex, the different expectations, different coping strategies... I hope your suggestion was heeded and you are still in the running this month.

Wellinsm - glad to hear you are back on track and ovulating again. I hope the work out and vitamin routines get your body right back to ready for another pregnancy. Lots of dust.

Brooks - I totally agree that this is an exercises in lack of control... I don't think I am very good it so far :)

Swedish Bean - welcome and congrats on your upcoming wedding. I think getting pregnant can take longer than people think, but it's a personal decision as to when you want to start and how long you want to be married before adding to your family. Personally, I wish I had gone off BC sooner to get my body ready and learn my natural cycle. Good luck.

KeepthingTF - I just wrote a message to you about being sorry that your body is not getting right back on track... but guess that is not the case! CONGRATULATIONS!! What a wonderful surprise... maybe your laid back attitude helped!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Love the picture proof too.

My update... So Monday I went for an ultrasound and blood work... There was one 12mm follicle and they wanted to keep monitoring it so I went back Thursday for another u/s and blood, and it was back down to under 10mm. On clomid, they are looking for a follicle to be around 20-22 to trigger ovulation... So that cycle is officially a bust. After 3 rounds of Clomid, they feel confident that I will not respond to clomid and we are on to injectables. I start Gonal-F (pretty much the same thing as Follistim) on Saturday and then will have to go in for monitoring every other day or so starting Tuesday. The Gonal-F is a shot that I will need to take every night until they tell me to trigger with the Ovidrel. 36 hours after that we'll do the IUI... 2 days after that I will start progesterone support. It's a HUGE investment of time (and missing work!) and just a lot to process in general... we are going from trying to try to regimented baby making protocol. But in general I am excited to be on to the next step. Hopefully I will produce follicles and ovulate so that we can have our first true 2ww. Should be an interesting month...

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 11:01:37 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
thanks Lucy--I''m re-thinking the HSG now because of your post (not super painful and a ''success story'' of TTC right afterwards...we''ll see).

I''m going to be AWOL for July--taking a PS break, trying to relax and reconnect with DH, going on a trip...but I''ll be thinking of you all and can''t wait to read about more incredible TTC blessings in August. I may lurk every once in a while, but mostly I think I''ll try to stay off PS.

XOXO,
Bella
Bella,

I am sorry to hear that you will be AWOL for a while, but totally understand the need to take a break from all the TTC stuff. I think your idea of reconnecting with DH and taking a trip could be just what the Dr. ordered. We will all miss you while you are gone, but I do hope that you will continue to pop your head in to check on us.

Also, just fyi on the HSG, I have also heard (from both friends and my OB) that people tend to get pregnant after the HSG. Even if there isn''t a real blockage, for some reason, that just kinda flushes it out and things can get through with renewed vigor. If you do decide to do it, please let me know how it goes.

Big hug to you girly and take care of yourself. I look forward to hearing some good news from you soon!
35.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 3:16:26 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
So last night, because I was technically ''late'' I tested because I wanted to know that I was indeed late so I could pay attention to the length of my cycle. Last month it was almost 45 days.

OMG, Miss KTF, CONGRATS ON GETTING YOUR BFP!!! Yipee for you and your DH!
36.gif

I wish you a very happy and healthy 8+ months!
9.gif

I also hope that you start a trend for July, lots of celebrations and firecrackers!
2.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Well, it seems that many ladies have indeed been graduating to the BP and Preg thread, and it is kinda quiet in here. So, I thought I would gently stick my toes back in here. While I might not be posting as much as before, I really think that we have such a great group of super supportive ladies and I want to contribute to a place that has given me so much love and support.
9.gif

So that we know who is still hanging in here and cheerleading for the group, I thought I would just list the ladies I knew of. I am not going to try to update our CD''s, because it has been so long since the last time. But, feel free to add onto the list or tell me your status, and I will update it.

Steal
Krissie
Bella_mezzo
Amandine
Gaby06
Lilyfoot
Wellism
Ryan Claire
Miscka
ImperfectGirl
LAJennifer
dcgator
PO10472
inhisarms17
Brightlight
Deelight
On the TTC roster: Lili, Brooks, Fisher, parrot tulips

IHA: Where are you hiding these days. We heard you were going to test and then you disappeared. I hope all is well!

Ryan Claire: Thanks for all the words of encouragement, I have really appreciated them. As for you, it sounds like your RE is being super proactive. I think it''s awesome that they are totally on board with getting you KU asap. I wish you lots of luck with the Gonal and hope that it does the trick for you. Think, it could be only a matter of weeks before you are officially in the 2WW, so exciting!
36.gif

Miscka: Thanks for hanging around and keeping things going. How are you doing? Getting ready for your BD''ing marathon? How is the SI treating you?

Lili: Thanks for the love. How are things with you. Are you into a new cycle or just waiting it out right now?

Krissie: I am so sorry to hear about all the issues with your DH''s swimmers. Hopefully the RE will be able to give you some better news. Hugs and hang in there sweetie.

Deelight: Welcome to the TTC hood. First off, congrats on recent wedding. As for the TTC process, I hope that it is short and sweet for you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have as we are all here to help. Good luck
35.gif

Po: I think that is pretty cool about your reading. I really hope that she is right and that you will get a LO soon! How is your cycle going, did you get your O yet? Even though she said October, its still fun to practice, right
2.gif

Wellism: Welcome back to the TTC process.
9.gif
I hope that you are a repeat jerkstore with a super sticky bean!

Brooks: Any movement from your eggie yet? That''s awesome that you already got your CD3 B/W and SA done. I am thinking that I will get my B/W done in the coming weeks if this cycle doesn''t work me. I really hope that you are enjoying your BD''ing marathon
2.gif

Swedish bean: Welcome! I would say that you shouldn''t try to worry too much, although that is easier said then done. I would assume that it will take you 6+ months to get KU, but for some ladies, it will be shorter or longer. Just be sure that when you decided to start TTC, that you are ready to get KU, b/c you could get lucky. Best wishes with the process and just enjoy the newlywed glow
30.gif

As for me, I am starting to feel better about everything in the TTC process. These past couple days have been in a little goofy b/c my hormones have been a little hay wire plus my DH has been trying to switch jobs which can be a bit stressful. But otherwise I am doing good. I am in the start of the 2WW right now, so I just going to try to remain calm and I NOT going to test before 10DPO! (someone remind me of this in a few days, ok)
27.gif
. I hope all you ladies in the TTC club are doing well and I hope that July will be a firecracker of a month for us all!
35.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I''m here.

Perhaps July will see a rash of BFP''s.

Good luck to all.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
HUGE congrats to KTF! Yay, so excited for you!!!!!

dcgator, hi there lady! Glad to see you around! Also glad to hear you are feeling better about TTC. I am CD 12 today (see q below).

Steal, hi
35.gif

bella, I hope you are doing well and enjoying your break.

RC, I am glad to hear you are excited about starting the injectables. My fingers are crossed for you!

-------------

Could someone answer an OPK q for me? Do you usually get more than one + a cycle? After you get one, its 24 hours UNTIL the O? Or am I wrong?

I got a + (or actually
1.gif
) yesterday but a negative today. Does that mean I ovulate today? Or I did yesterday? Sorry for the dumb q...I guess I mean does LH start to go back down during O? Temps did not spike this am, but I am sick/congested/sore throat so not relying much on temps. DTD last night and this morning, used preseed and instead both times I am not messing around this cycle!

Baby dust to all
10.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Geri and KTFu!! Exciting news! (I can''t believe that people are finding out they are due next spring already! Time flies...)

Bella, sorry it is hard for you - TTC can be so stressful! Best of luck for some summer de-stressing. Please have some faith in that it has only been a few months of trying for you and your hubs (whether 5 or 2-3) and hopefully it is just a matter of time.

Miscka, below is a paragraph I posted earlier this month, but basically OPKs are not precise enough to reliably figure out your exact O-day. Just get your BD in vicinity of the fertile window and hope it sticks!

On the O-day front, BBT is only accurate +/- 3 days. Even LH is not precise enough to pinpoint the exact day of ovulation - I did my searching on this a while ago so it is a bit fuzzy - but the LH peak is anywhere from one day *after* ovulation to 2ish days before O. And keep in mind that most home LH kits don''t give a detailed quantitative measure of LH that you would get from a proper lab analysis - they give readings like ''Low'' or ''High'' or ''Peak'' so it can be difficult to determine the exact time or day of your actual LH peak. In other words, take all this data that you painstakingly gather with a grain of salt. To precisely pinpoint ovulation down to the day, you need ultrasounds daily. But you don''t need to know the precise day of ovulation to get pregnant. Just cover the bases during your estimate of the broad fertile window and hope it sticks! Using your data to inform your estimate of the fertile window. And if it doesn''t take, try again next month. Kind of a disappointing conclusion to reach, as a person that likes data and information, but it is what it is.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Just a quick congrats to KTF(u!) :appl: :appl:

and a hang in there, Bella, if you're lurking about. Your time will definitely come.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Ladies,

Well, it looks like a couple posts got eaten, but I will say, Steal I absolutely love your link for the onesies :love: They were sooo cute, I wanted to buy like 5 now!

As for the OPK question (I can't remember who asked), generally the OPK's aren't truely accurate. They can sense a surge in LH, even if you don't ovulate. I have had a couple months were my body gears up for ovulation (hence a rise in LH), but it gets delayed and I have no temp rise. My LH will go back down and then I will have another surge a couple days later and a true O. I usually take two days of positive OPK's, combined with a temp shift to confirm actual O.

In other news, is anyone else in the 2WW? I could really use a 2WW buddy to whine with? Did I mention I hate waiting... :rolleyes:

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock

dcgator said:
Hey Ladies,

Well, it looks like a couple posts got eaten, but I will say, Steal I absolutely love your link for the onesies :love: They were sooo cute, I wanted to buy like 5 now!

As for the OPK question (I can't remember who asked), generally the OPK's aren't truely accurate. They can sense a surge in LH, even if you don't ovulate. I have had a couple months were my body gears up for ovulation (hence a rise in LH), but it gets delayed and I have no temp rise. My LH will go back down and then I will have another surge a couple days later and a true O. I usually take two days of positive OPK's, combined with a temp shift to confirm actual O.

In other news, is anyone else in the 2WW? I could really use a 2WW buddy to whine with? Did I mention I hate waiting... :rolleyes:

According to FF I'm in the 2WW, but I'm not sure it's right. My temperatures have been off b/c my sleep schedule's all wacky from being sick, but the overall pattern is the same as before. According to FF, I Oed on CD20 and had a temp shift after that, but I noticed an increase in ewcm 2 dpo (still have ewcm) and dipped below the coverline on 5 dpo. So, I think I'm going to O today or tomorrow. I finally got my sleep schedule back on track, so I'm eager to see what my temp is tomorrow morning.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks ladies for the OPK help!

I swear TTC is killing me. I had a +OPK, but only one and my temps are all whacked the crap out from being sick around that time so I have NO CLUE where I am. I am either 4/5dpo, 2dpo, or I havent even Oed yet. My temps are where they usually are post-o, but who knows?

Sorry to be whiney, just really frustrated. I like to have my info and it drives me batty for it to not be accurate. Like why am I doing all this work to still be in the dark?! :(sad

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

In case anyone has any light to shed:
mchartwtf.png

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Brightlight and Miscka - It sounds like you two have some fickle cycles this month. Boo :evil: I hope that you ladies get some clarity in the next day or two.

How are the rest of you ladies doing, hanging in there? Have you all made the switch to PS 2.0 successfully?

PS Miscka - I just saw your chart. How long is your usual follicular phase? Could it be that you O'ed on CD8 and then had an implantation dip on CD14? Also, what is you usual pre-O and post-O BBT? That might help shed some light on the mystery.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

OK interesting, I just did a chart overlay, pinning at my known O dates (CD 16 and 11) and my possible one this time, also 11. Does this look legit? Like 11 may be right?

This is what grasping at straws looks like....hopefully yall dont judge me :shock: :oops:

chart%20overlay.png

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

Haha dc I was about to edit my post to talk to you too!

My usual pre-O is low 97s and post is 98. Anything above 98 and I usually have Oed. My LP is 11ish 12ish days?

How are you feeling? Better? What DPO are you? Perhaps we are waiting together again?

Here I pinned this cycle at 8. Maybe you are right??
chart%20overlay%202.png

Would be interesting, since we BDed on 8 randomly, but I have no clue if we did before that since I typically dont "record" unless its right around when I think I O. Also 8 is when I finished the soy.

What about the OPK though? Thanks for helping I am nutso over here :roll:

ETA x2: Could also be 9 I suppose. Hrm.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Miscka,

Based on the OPK and chart, I guess you O'ed on either CD 11 or CD 14, but hard to tell because of missing temps! CD 8 would be crazy early!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results