shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Po - what did you think about Inception? we watched it last night and even though it was complex, it was comprehensible. I really liked it. I'm flying out to Singapore for 2 weeks tomorrow for work. would rather stay home with my hubby. we're now having a little cooler weather. I wonder if the "heat wave" days are now gone for good.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Hey you!! Meant to say, first day poas with 'those' sticks - thank you.

I looooved Inception. First time in a long time I've watched a thought provoking movie. DH and I both have differing opinions on what went on and its great to explore ideas and our take on it. I'd love to see it again and pick up other parts that I missed. Not since the Matrix has a movie like this been done. Christopher Nolan is brilliant.

Singapore for 2 weeks, pity it's for work. Do you have to work there often?

The weather here stinks, so any sunshine is a blessing, I swear we have webbed feet in Scotland. We had some beautiful hot weather in May and June and as soon as July came it started raining and hasn't stopped.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Oh congratulations Deelight!! That is wonderful news!! (still waiting on your wedding photo thread!! lol) :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

Po: My husband I also have differing opinions on Inception......I think he's coming around to my side though once I explained what I thought.

Congrats Deelight!

Is it weird that I don't want to test yet? I must have the patience of a saint! My period should have been here either yesterday or today. I'm trying to wait until Monday to test though. I keep thinking "why waste the test, maybe my period is just weird for only being off the pill for 2 months" and "Why waste the test,the chances of getting knocked up on the first real month of trying are pretty slim."

Okay back to lurking.....

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

tao, test!!! Haha I am a bad POAS influence :Up_to_something:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

As I normally confirm the second line.....I say let everyone else judge my stick...what say ye!!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!

:mrgreen: :D :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Also if anyone knows me on Facebook...don't say a word!!

what2.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock

EEEEEKKKK!!! Tao, that is awesome!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

Tao! I think you are a jerkstore!!! :appl:

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock

Tao -- wow! congrats!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, Tao!!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock

Tao, congratulations!!!!

Hee hee. E is one week younger than Claire! You're blowing my mind!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: congrats tao and big brother evan :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Congrats Tao!!! Evan will be a big brother, how exciting!!!! :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG Tao if that is really a line, you are in for it!!! And WOW that was fast !!! Pre-Congrats! Keep us posted.

and LOL I never knew what jerkstore meant and even googled it and couldn't figure it out til someone said something on here once and I was like OH. It's such a weird word and sounds kinda dirty. :naughty: :devil:

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats Tao! That's definitely a second line :appl:

I had a questions for you ladies on here....this might be a bit too much TMI, but I have to ask. DH was involved in a car vs pedestrian accident alittle over two months ago--he's the pedestrian. If you've been on BWW you probably have read all about it :(( . He suffered quite a few injuries and surgery is probably going to happen in the fall--we are pretty much at the end of the road for things that the Dr. and physical therapist, massage therapist can do for him. But that's a whole another post...

Anyways, we decided to TTC partially because of what happened and also because we are soooo ready. Unfortunately, DH is having problems getting comfortable when we DTD. Me on top hurts, DH on top, hurts, etc. Basically, I was wondering if any of you have back problems or know of any good positions that won't hurt him? It doesn't hurt to ask, so I'm asking. I want to have his babies not break the poor man. Any ideas would be appreciated! ;))

drk

Brilliant_Rock

Cupcake - lying on your side spooning works too. Not sure if it would hurt his back less though.

Tao - jerkstore! So jealous you can get knocked up in the blink of an eye. Even after finally having my own baby. Congrats!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

I'm cautiously excited.

That was the only test I've taken so far. By the time I made it to the pharmacy when I was grocery shopping it was closed...and I don't have time to go to a 24 hour pharmacy.

The line is definitely there.....but I always like a second opinion.

I'll probably be running over to a pharmacy tomorrow to pick up another test.

thanks ladies!

drk

Brilliant_Rock

DC - no problems getting pg the cycle after a chemical. You're either going to ovulate and be fertile, or you won't. If anything, the slightly higher progesterone you likely had with the chemical should prime your body to do good things egg development-wise. Good luck!

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

Congrats Tao! That is definitely a second line. Lots of dust for a happy and healthy 9 months.
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Hmmm, I think this is my first post since PS 2.0 started! Whoa! I've been having major log in issues that hopefully are resolved..

Anyways...delurking on this thread to say congrats to the newbie preggos and ttc ladies! Totally seeing line #2 tao!

C*M: dh has a herniated disk in his back (we find out next month if he needs surgery) but lately we dtd face to face for a bit, and once he is in pain, usually then...um...he finishes from behind. That way he can kneel or stand and its more comfortable for him to finish.

As for my ttc status, we are puttiing it on the shelf for now. We have had lots of changes happen quickly. We are suddenly both looking for new jobs 2 hrs from where we live to move closer to family, so I'm going to try and wait until I've been at my new job for a few months before we start trying. Neither of us have lost our jobs, but I've had setbacks in the internship I was doing and DH is so unhappy at his job. We both have leads on new jobs, so if we can get hired by september, TTC is on for january.
I'm going to keep lurking and cheering!

geri

Shiny_Rock

DCG - Just a quick post to say I'm so sorry about your chemical. It is so frustrating but you sound like you have a good perspective on it so I hope you are doing okay. We didn't wait after either my chemical or the early miscarriage at 5.5 weeks, although partly that was laziness because we didn't think we could possibly fall pregnant the next cycle and each time I conceived again. Weird but I really hope there is some good news ahead for you very soon. Take care.

Congrats Tao and good luck to all the other TTCers.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all enjoying your weekends. Mine has been pretty low key, and that is just fine for me. :wink2:

Po - Yeah for not working for two weeks. I am sure that will be fabulous. And its always nice to be able to get some work done on the house. Hopefully you will be able to get a little vaca too.

Noelwr - I don't know what the temps are over there, but in the Northeast, it is absolutely MISERABLE! It was 103 degrees yesterday and like 70% humidity. YUCK :-o Could you please send some cool weather over here please? Btw, have a good trip and take care of you and the LO.

Cupcake - I am sorry to hear about your DH. I really don't have any useful advice, but I hope that you are able to find someone to circumvent the painful DDT process. Big hug and good luck!

Drk - Thanks for the info. Let's hope I do ovulate and that I can get lucky :naughty:

Charbie - I am sorry to hear about the bad turn on your and DH's jobs, but I hope that the leads work out on the new jobs and you are able to move closer to the family. Thanks for keeping an eye out for all of us still hangning out here. Be sure to let us know what happens with the jobs :wink2:

Geri - Thanks for the input. I really hope that we can fall pregnant this cycle too. We should know in a few weeks though. I am getting a progestrone test next week though, so that will be good to know. Hope you pregnancy is going well so far. Take care of you and your LO.

AFM, I am just plugging along here. My CF is giving me positve signs, but I haven't gotten a positve OPK yet. My temps are possibly on the rise, but I will know more in the next day or two. I am just hoping that I get a true temp rise and confirmed O. In the meantime, DH and I are enjoying our BD'ing marathon :mrgreen: . I hope everyone else has a lovely weekend and is enjoying their time not working.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

taovandel said:
As I normally confirm the second line.....I say let everyone else judge my stick...what say ye!!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!

:mrgreen: :D :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Also if anyone knows me on Facebook...don't say a word!!

Tao - I definitley confirm a second line there. HUGE CONGRATS to you and your DH. And yeah for your little guy getting a baby sibling. And a jerk store for you too, lucky girl!

I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

I know my stay was short here...but I lurked for quite a long time and I really appreciate how supportive everyone is here and I especially appreciate all the information I managed to gather while lurking.

I think this thread might be the most important one on pricescope.

I hope that everyone elses stay on this thread is short and I can't wait to keep following all the journeys this life will take us on.

omg.jpg

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock

Tao - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I'm so happy & excited for you :bigsmile: The 2nd time around it happened VERY quick for us as well...I wonder if you become more fertile after the 1st. Anyway, congrats again and can't wait to see you over in the preggo thread!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tao, huge congrats to you!!! I'm like you, I've been lurking, but I've just been in awe of the special community this is. Lots of sticky dust your way!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock

Tao, congratulations!!! So happy for you, you jerkstore!!!

Feel free to pop in once and while in the role of 'unofficial second-line confirmer'!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

OMG Tao!! hehehehe! Preggo again, and on the first shot! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Congratulations lady!!! Can you believe you're really gonna have 2!? Sooo cool. :bigsmile:

wellinsm

Rough_Rock

Well, I tried to hold out until AF was past due, but I was having symptoms so I broke down and tested this evening (12 DPO) and this is what I got. :appl:

While I am happy, I'm not excited like I was the last time because I was in such disbelief because in May it was an "ooppsie" which didn't end the way that we had hoped.

I guess that you could say that I am cautiously optimistic. I plan on calling my doctor this week to see if they can send me for blood tests to confirm that my levels are rising at the appropriate levels and I would like to have my progesterone checked to make sure. I know now from experience that there are so many early losses that I don't want to allow myself to get too excited just yet, especially if this ends up being a chemical.

I haven't told my DH yet, as he is once again out of town. He is coming home tomorrow for 3ish days and is leaving again for 7 days on Thursday. He will get back the day before we are leaving for vacation to the Bahamas. I haven't decided if I am going to wait to tell him until we are on vacation or not. I think that it would be a great place to tell him, but it is quite a while away. Also- if there is another early loss/chemical I don't want to get him all excited and then for nothing......I'm kind of torn.

The tests are a 2 Walgreens brand (+/- and digitial) and a Wondfo. All showed up very quickly. I will probably run to the drugstore tomorrow and pick up an EPT digital so I have something to show him with the words "pregnant" on it as I have already gotten rid of the ones that are in the pictures. Like I said, I'm being way to pessimistic, but I figure, whatever will be will be, with this prgnancy. I hope that everything sticks and grows the way it is supposed to, but if it doesn't...it doesn't.

My doctor told me to wait 2 complete cycles to TTC, but I only waited 1 (I had my very early loss at roughly 16-17DPO) and ovulated within 15 days of that "period" ending and got AF 14 days after that, so my body went right back to normal, which was why I decided to start TTC this cycle. I figured if my body went right back to cycling as normal, it knows best!

I plan on now watching True Blood, going to bed, and getting up and going to 9AM spin class tomorrow! Oh, according to FF my estimated due date is April 5th, 2011----which would be PERFECT as I could take 12 weeks leave, most of it paid (however long my doctor writes the medical excuse for is what we get paid for, but can take leave up to 12 weeks) and that takes me in to summer vacation, so I wouldn't have to go back to work until the baby was almost 5 months!

Sorry for the me centric post but I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers that this sticks!

ohmygoodness1.JPG

ohmygoodness2.JPG

ohmygoodness3.JPG

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Blimey Charlie, I don't post for a day and look what's happened too flippin BFPs!!!

Congrats Tao and Well!!!!

I so love seeing the double lines, cross and pregnant! signs on the test sticks.

Sending you both heaps of baby dust...........

Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results