shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Holy moly, Brooks!!!!!!!! Many congrats to you!!!!! Lots and lots of sticky dust to you and I'm hoping for a happy and healthy 9 months!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Holy crap!! There is definitely something in the water!!! Congratulations, Brooks!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: Soooo excited for you!! Wow, this is totally a record month...the just barely preggo thread is gonna be hoppin' again!! :)

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

CONGRATS!!!!!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

brooks said:
So maybe there really is something in the water ....

I tested yesterday, even though I had myself totally convinced it would be a BFN, and to my complete and utter shock, I saw a second line! I have never seen a second line so I immediately freaked out and didn't know whether to believe it or not. :)) So back to the store I went to purchase a digital test. Cannot describe the feeling of seeing the word Pregnant on that little screen! Honestly, it feels so surreal, like it cannot possibly be reality. (You should have seen me trying to take pictures of the tests with my shaking hands. I don't have them on this computer yet but immediately thought of this board when I was taking them. LOL)

My DH and I are over the moon excited. I told him with a card and the digital test and his reaction was wonderful. I know there's always a potential for a disappointment, but I'm really trying to enjoy these moments.

Thank you all (especially you dcgator!) for all of the support and knowledge you have passed along!

OMG!!!! I am sooo happy for you Ms. Brooks! :appl: Congrats to you and your DH and yippee for BFP's!

I wish you a VERY happy and healthy 9 months. Please do post your pics once you get them.

Btw, with you being the 6th BFP this month, this is an all time BFP RECORD, (at least since I've been here in January) 6 BFP's in July!

lili

Ideal_Rock

Oh wow, congrats to you MsBrooks.
Hope you have a healthy and smooth 9 months.

Dcgator--
:( is O later for you this month?
I hope it comes soon.
No real good feelings about this month or the months before.
Just hanging here and waiting for O.

Speaking of O, I have a question about the clearblue smiley OPK.
How important is it that we refrain from drinking and peeing for 4 hrs prior to testing?
After 3 hrs I'm already doing the full bladder dance.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Hey B, wondeful news, congratulations babes!!!

Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif

Amazing, 6 BFPs in July, do you think another will be sneeked in before the weekend making it numero siete?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Brooks!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I know what you mean about the tests not seeming real at first! It's a bit of a wonderland right now, isn't it?!? Enjoy every moment of it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just delurking to say HUUUUGE CONGRATS to all the newly preggos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations, Brooks!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

How amazing to have 6 BFPs in one month!

I started today, like clockwork. Happy to know that I am very regular, and last month was my first temping. I O'd right when I thought I was...and confirmed that my breast tenderness starts immediately after. So, CD 1 for me!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

Congrats to all the recent graduates!

I think I may have O'd yesterday! Obviously I still need 2 more temps to confirm, but I rechecked my temp this morning twice (at 2 later times) and got pretty much the same result. If I did, it was just in time because DS and I are leaving tonight to visit family and DH isn't joining us for over a week. Looks like I'll be either getting AF or a BFP while we're there since I have an average LP of 11 days.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Brooks!

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

Congrats Brooks! Great news.

Welcome (back) Robbie! I hope your adorable son has a sibling cooking in the oven soon :)

Amandaline - being regular is definitely a gift. I hope it helps you get knocked up quickly.

lili - I can't hold it for 4 hours either :) Never used the smiley opks but I would imagine you could still get a positive on 3 hours. Good luck to you!

BFN for me. :(( Got the call from the clinic earlier but I had been testing the last few days so I pretty much knew that it was not our time. We are disappointed but trying to keep things in perspective. Now I wait for AF, go in for CD2 bloodwork + ultrasound, begin the injections and monitoring... it all just begins again. I know you guys were rooting for me (which I really appreciate), sorry I don't have better news. Would have been realllly nice to add to our crazy July hot streak.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Ryan Claire -- AAAAHHHH!!! That is so wrong and unfair. :(( I am so sad to hear this. You seem to be in okay spirits given the situation. There's nothing I can really say, other than the fact that lots of couples have to go through several attempts at IUI's before getting pregnant. I really hope you get good news soon. At least you are ovulating, which is half the battle, and they can get you to ovulate in the future. Just out of curiosity, did your RE run a semen analysis on your DH? They probably did, but just asking. Don't worry...easy for me to say, but please take this in stride. You WILL be a mommy. I can just feel it! Big hugs.

Congrats to the newly announced preggos! I can't believe how many there are! :appl:

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Ryan Claire: sorry about this month. Wishing you luck with the next cycle.

Brooks: Congrats to you! Wishing you luck for a happy and healthy 8.5 more months!

As for me... I ordered a basal body thermometer and some wondfo ovulation predictor strips and pregnancy tests of amazon today... it seems surreal! The nuva ring is coming out next weekend and although our plan is not to try for the next 2 months we are not going to prevent either, just so I can figure out my cycle. Going to be off BC for the 1st time in 10 years!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Rubbish news RC. All I can offer at the moment is a big [[[[[[HUG]]]]]]

Po
x

brooks

Rough_Rock

Thank you all so much for the well wishes! You guys are the best! I'm just praying that everything turns out well.

Here's my BFP ...

CIMG1340.JPG

brooks

Rough_Rock

Ryan Claire - just wanted to say I'm thinking about you. So sorry that you did not get your positive this month. Please know we will all be pulling for you this next cycle.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Happy Friday Ladies!

I am sure you all are as ready for the weekend as I am :wink2: Anybody got something special planned or just relaxing and not working? Either way, I hope you have a great time!

Ryan Claire - I am soooo very sorry to hear about the BFN this cycle. I can only imagine what a let down that is after the whole process but I think you are handling it really gracefully. I agree with a previous poster that you are definitley making progress and that just ovulating is a huge step. I think that now that your body has figured out the whole process, maybe it will do the 2nd part of the drill, which is keep that little eggie. I am sending you all my positive energy for the next round and feel like it's only a matter of time before you become a mommy! Hang in there my dear.

Brooks - I love the pic of the test, especially the lights reflecting in the test, making it look even more bright and luminous, hehe :saint:

Modernsparkler - It sounds like you are all ready for your upcoming TTC journey. I hope that it is a short and sweet one for you.

Robbie - I think I may have missed properly welcoming you (back) to the TTC hood. :wavey: I must say that your son is ABSOLUTELY adorable. What a great pic! As for your O date, I think I am just a day behind you, so I will keep an eye out for you in the coming week or two. On that note, I hope that your time here is short.

Amandine - Here's to a successful new cycle. Hopefully this will be it for you!

Lili - Thanks for checking in. Yeah, my O dates are all across the board each month. Nothing crazy like CD30 or anything like that, but they tend to come within a week range, so its kinda hard to time my BD'ing marathon. I feel like we either miss it b/c it comes too early, or we are too exhausted from earlier attempts to follow through till I O. Oh well, I did have a temp spike yesterday, which is even a bit higher today, so I am going to guess that I O'ed yesterday. I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow, and then I can assess the timing of our BD'ing. Either way, I am now meditating/vizualizing each night b/4 bed, as well as trying out some cycle-time specific massage. I am trying to keep super positive and just hoping that the positivity translates to a happy outcome. How about you, have you O'ed yet?

Well, I wish you ladies a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations to Brooks and the blow-ins; I wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Ryan Claire: So sorry this cycle did not work out. I'm thinking positively for you for your next try.

DC: Hi there. I am sorry it is not you posting a preggo stick pic. I'm rooting for you this month. Fingers crossed for you too.

I'm CD 3 and sitting pretty. There is no point is assessing this or worrying about that; I 'm sorry that I'm not knocked up by now but early days and all.... I thought about temping this cycle but I not going to bother. You would think it would be easier to get pregnant than this wouldn't you. I caught a glimpse of some trashy chat show this morning (yes I watched the whole episode but I will never admit that;oh the shame!) and it was full of social misfits all pregnant fromone night stands claiming to have used condoms and here we are in stable relationships; not pregnant AND trying! Anyhoo; rant over....

Good luck to all; whether just knocked up, just practising ( :naughty: ) or chasing (and ambushing) that eggie.

Bella: If you are lurking; Hi honey. I'm thinking about you too.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Steal -- I hear you about the situations some preggo girls are in. My friend just came back from counseling at a children's AIDS camp. She said more than 90% of them had HIV since birth, and it's apparently preventable if the moms would have just taken some medication while pregnant. BUT they didn't and the kids have to suffer the rest of their lives. There are so many reckless women out there who get pregnant with a snap of a finger, and it really isn't fair. I thought about that A LOT when I was TTC. I would see teenage moms at the mall and it hurt me that I would be angry at them. Granted, I didn't know their situations, and any number of things could have led to them being pregnant, and it wasn't fair for me to judge either. But I couldn't help but feel hurt about it.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry to jump in without responding to anyone else....I'll make it back over...

Robbie! I didn't know you were TTC! So excited for you....

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

:wavey: Hi everyone! Holy cow!!!! I go away for a month and there are like 10 BFPs! Congrats to everyone, jerkstores and those who have been waiting a little longer!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Claire I am so sorry that this wasn't it for you and hope that AF comes soon and everything works smoothly for the next cycle!

Steal-Thanks for the shout out! I lurked a few times, but pretty much stayed away from PS during July. I'll lurk somemore in August, but will be swamped at work and school so anticipate that my PS time will be very limited:(

On my end, I am on CD 3, sigh...AF showed her ugly face on the last day of my 2 week vacation to CA, AZ, NV, and UT; but, going on vacation for your entire 2ww is totally the way to go :bigsmile: I hardly thought about it at all and we had a great time and some much needed non-BDing sexytime:)!

DH's CPAP is really proving to be life-changing for him, so, now that he has more energy (for life, and BDing :Up_to_something:) we're going to focus on healthier eating and being more active so that we can drop some lbs. We're waiting until the fall for blood work and semen analysis b/c we want to try on our own for a few more months. I have a theory that DHs swimmers might have been oxygen starved from his severe apnea, in which case they won't be full-force until early October (around our first anniversary).

We are still definitely actively TTC, but are also looking into adoption since that's something we've wanted to do as well, regardless of whether we got pregnant. We thought it would be better to be pregnant first and then adopt (for financial and biological/age reasons) but maybe that's not the the schedule God has for building our family... I've identified several agencies that look like they would be good fits for us, have done my usual obsessive research:), and will be trying to set up some in-person meetings in August to look into starting the formal process.

In the meantime, I have realized that although I really like what I do, the stress and long hours of my company is not ok for me now, and is really not going to work once we have a child, so I am looking into other options and we're going to start saving more aggressively and trying to pay as much as we can towards my MBA tuition so that we have more options for me to look into part-time, contract, or flexible work options when we are blessed with a little one.

The crazy cloth diaper collecting is finally slowing down/stopped, not b/c I become less crazy, but because I have a complete stash now :shock: With the exception of an order from green mountain diapers that I will place as soon as we pass the first trimester and/or receive a referral for an adoption, and a few wool covers which I will register for or stalk on ebay b/c they are so expensive, I've got everything to diaper 2-3 kids from birth through pottytraining :-o crazy I know, but I guess it will be nice not to have to worry about that down the line:) and it was a super fun distraction for the past few months. Thank goodness I don't really shop for clothes, bags, or anything else expensive!

Totally TMI, but along the way I ordered some cloth menstrual pads b/c Blenheim mentioned them on another thread. I thought they would be way to "crunchy" for me...not so. The rinsing/washing is a little yucky, but the comfort and leak-protection is so much better I don't mind at all! I'm not sure if I'll use them at work on heavy days, I'm going to try it and see, but nights and weekends for sure! I am usually a tampon girl, but when my cramps are really bad they are not comfy, plus they are kind of drying which is :knockout:

Post partum, I would imagine these would be awesome too. They really are so much more comfy! Okay, my TMI PSA is over:)

Fisher-I am thinking about you and hope you have some great news soon!

Miss you all and hope to see more great news and BFPs soon!!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Great to hear from you Bella, you sound like you'e been mega busy on your hiatus from PS. Hope to see you back here full-time soon.

How's everyone else today, good weekend I hope? Well I've had a pretty chilled weekend and got my first peak yesterday and 2nd one today but we're just going with the flow and seeing how we get on as we're trying to be relaxed about all this stuff so if we've not caught it this month then that's ok, no panic.

DH has booked a long weekend for us in Paris the end of September/start October around the time I'm due to ov, to see if I get that elusive bfp in October. No pressure, we're just using my tarot reading as an excuse for a dirty weekend :naughty: Our hotel is literally round the corner from the Arc de Triomphe so really central. Am so excited, haven't been to Paris in years and I'm looking forward to taking my camera and shooting lots of pics, eating lots of wonderful food and drinking lots of champagne. Any restaurant recommendations gladly welcome.

Have a good day.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Brooks--CONGRATS! :appl: Here's hoping for a sticky bean!

So, I'm pretty much a newbie here so excuse me for my ignorance in asking this but I noticed from reading the previous threads (I'm on page 365 :naughty: ) it seems that women usually ovulate between CD12-16 correct? I have rather irregular cycles with alot of EWCM for long periods, so I am confused when I am ovulating. I should probably temp but I know I would get so stressed doing it so I haven't started and since this is our first cycle I thought I would try temping later.

So my question is this, my phone has an app that is saying that I am ovulating on CD21, is that possible? My cycles are running between 29-39 days, which is crazy long. I thought I felt O pain on my left side around CD10 though. Since I am so irregular we are basically BDing it every other day (as long as DH's back permits). I am just trying to figure out if my app is correct and we should be BDing it everyday this week or not. Any advice?

ETA: I've been off BC since November and when I first got off I was right at 28/29 days.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Cupcake -- welcome! I had super irregular cycles as well, and there are so many factors to think of, so there's no way your phone knows when you are ovulating. :cheeky:

If you have, say a 30 day cycle, that doesn't necessarily mean you ovulate on a certain day. I ALWAYS thought people ovulated on day 14 before I started TTC. It was dumb, but that's what the books always say. But even if you have a textbook 28 day cycle, you might not ovulate on day 14, do you see what I mean? Between the day you ovulate and CD1 of the next cycle is called the luteal phase, and it could be 5 days long, it could be 15 days long. Your luteal phase should be the same from cycle to cycle, assuming you don't have issues. You don't know unless you pinpoint ovulation, which you can do by temping, or with OPK's, or with CF. Even THEN, the combo of those 3 might not be entirely correct in pinpointing it. If you aren't interested in temping at this point, I would BD every other day when you have a lot of CF. That's your best bet, in my opinion. In theory, if you know when your luteal phase is, you don't have to BD during that phase anymore. At that point, you will be in your 2 week wait, and you'll be ripping out your hair and testing and analyzing symptoms. Hope that helps, and maybe others can chime in more.

With me, I tried temping, but realized after several cycles that I wasn't ovulating at all. So what I did was I paid for a Fertility Friend subscription, and just started entering in when my cycles were. I'd enter in symptoms too. You don't have to enter in temps. And it will give you predictions as to when you ovulated, but like I said before, don't take it as definite. Good luck!

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Wow, another PS baby boom!!

LTP- :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I just looooooooove it when our long-time PSers from back in the old school LIW days get knocked up. So excited for you.

And many congrats also to Brooks, Tao (you crazy lady with #2 already!), Wellism, and Deelight!

dcgator & bella- Sending you TTC dust ladies!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock

Po, so jealous to read about your Paris trip! What a great story that will make, and how romantic! I have been pushing for a trip to Europe (never been) before we have a baby, and just am not sure it will happen...so I guess I will have to live vicariously through you!

Cupcake, if you don't feel like temping, what about keeping track of your CM? Temping confirmed for me what I already suspected from keeping track of CM.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hello ladies,

Well, we made it through Monday, whew, what a relief. Now only 4 days left in the work week, lol :rolleyes: Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice weekend and is doing well.

Steal - Aw, you are too sweet. I hope that I get to post a pretty BFP picture soon too. :mrgreen: I'm sorry that you haven't gotten your BFP yet either, but our time is coming. And I totally get what you are saying about people trying not to get KU, and then do, and here we all are trying to bring a LO into this world with open arms, and we are shut down. It just plain old sucks, it really does. But, if you spent time thinking about all the kids brought into bad situations, the injustice of it all would just drive you crazy. All we can do is keep the faith that it will happen for us. That being said, I still get jealous when people get KU so easily, but I can't help that. I know it will be my time soon enough, so I just try to keep a positive attitude (whether it works or not :Up_to_something: ) Btw, I love your new term for the drive-by TTC'ers, I will have to use that one in the future.

Bella - How nice to see you pop your head back in here. It sounds like you had an awesome vacation, even with the BFN. I'm happy to hear that you are well and that you have solved DH's sleep problems and I imagine it will result in good health all around. It sounds like you are getting a lot of things in your life in order for a LO, be it through childbirth or adoption. I really hope that however God chooses to bring you a LO, it doesn't take too much longer. Big hug to you and we look forward to having you back here when you are less crazy busy :wavey:

Ryan Claire - Are you onto your new cycle yet? I wish you lots of luck this time around and hope that number 2 will be the magic number for you!

Po - It sounds like either way, you are going to get that elusive BFP, whether it be this month, or the next cycle in Paris. I think it might make a pretty good tale to tell the kids though about they were made in the one of the more romantic cities in the world. I just wouldn't name them Paris b/c that might be too much of a give away, lol. But, you definitely have your odds on your side b/c I belive Icekid conceived in Spain, as well as a couple others abroad. Let us know how this cycle shakes out though.

Cupcake - Hmm, that is quite a tricky situation you've got there. If you don't want to temp, which I can understand, but your CM is too long to be a good indicator, I would try investing in some OPK (ovulation predictors). While these are not fool proof either, at least they can help you to shine some light on the best BD'ing times. I know that BD'ing can get exhausting, and with your DH's injury, I'm sure it's even more tiring. As far as this cycle is concerned, I might consider it a wash and just wait it out till AF. On your next cycle maybe you can try OPK's around CD14 and go from there? I also second the notion for fertility friend's VIP option. They are pretty good about intepreting all the signs. Good luck!

Icekid - Thanks for stopping in and thanks for the dust! I hope that it does the trick this month. :tongue:

Robbie - How you doing dear? You should be about 7 or 8 DPO right? Have you given in to the temptation of the POAS demons, or are you planning on holding out? Good luck!

Lili - How are things going on your end? Did you get your O yet. I really hope that you did and that you were able to catch you little eggie!

AFM, I am chugging along at 6DPO. I prefer not to get into to details or symptoms, but I am just feeling really good about everthing. I actually had my CD21 progestrone test yesterday, and I am waiting for my results. Hopefully all will be good, but if not, we will take it from there. Well I wish you all lots of luck this week and to those of your in your 2WW, lots of happy thoughts for you!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Hey DC, could be worse, we could be staying at the Paris Hilton and what a nightmare that would be if we conceived then!!! Thankfully we're not, but yes, hoping a nice wee holiday is just the ticket.

Hope your 2ww is a productive one and your results come back quickly.

Po
x

Steel

Ideal_Rock

PO: If you are staying at the Hilton by the Eiffel tower then cancel asap. It is a Sh1t hole! Been there done that.

Drive by to say, I saw this on a blog rants from mommy land dot com and had to share with you:

I swore I would never make threats I couldn't keep.
So far they've learned Christmas never gets canceled, I don't have God's phone number, it's impossible to stop time, I'm not capable of taking anyone out of this world despite my ability to bring them into it, and we've never actually had worms and dirt for dinner. Apparently, I'm also incapable of stopping this car right now or giving anyone anything to cry about. They appear to know that I don't have Santa's address. My sole power rests in the ability to count to three. Really slowly. Sometimes with halfsies or Mississippis.

So funny!

Apart from that I'm CD8 and still not pregnant!

Happy Mid-Week to all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results