shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

lol Steal, we're not staying at the Hilton but I'd so love to see your travel books, your recommendations would be hilarious.

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

Lanie - Thanks so much for sharing in my disappointment. I really appreciate your sympathy and hopeful attitude. I am also hopeful that the next one will be IT... but I know it can take quite a few. They did a limited SA after my DH provided his sample for the IUI and everything came back within normal range. So at least that was good news. Hope all is well with you!

Modernsparkler - Thanks for your message. Congrats on tossing the Nuva ring! I hope your cycle returns to normalcy quickly and you can have your timing all sorted out in no time. It's a neat process to get to know your body through charting and testing for ovulation. Good luck.

Po - rubbish is exactly how it felt! Thanks for the HUGS! Hope you were able to make use of your peak days but sound you are being very smart not to force things. The Paris plan is also something fun to look forward to! What a great place to make a baby :)

Brooks - thanks for your note and encouragement. So happy to see your good news. Hope everything has continued to go well.

DCgator - thanks for your sympathy. Glad my body did at least get reacquainted with ovulating... it's only been about 10 years!! I really hope this next cycle is it for you too. Good luck with your positive thinking and massage... every little bit could help - you never know. Sorry about the week long ovulation window, I am sure that can be stressful and make bding a lot more of a guessing game. Good luck. I hope your CD21 test results were promising. Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Steal - thanks for the positive thoughts... right back at you. Sorry about your disappointment last cycle; you really do think it should be easier than this. Loved your mommy quote :)

Bella - so good to see you around here again. Sorry about AF showing up... sucks that it wasn't your time. Glad you had a great vacation to take your mind off things though. Sounds like you and your dh had a much needed recharge! Adoption is a really an incredible thing for both the parents and the kid - if that is in your cards (sooner or later) I hope it's a swift and rewarding process for you. Hope you'll be popping back in with good news soon.

Cupcake - sorry to hear about the wonky cycles... As others have said ovulation depends on the length of your cycle... so if you have a cycle that is 39 days, it's definitely possible that you are Oing CD20 or later. I agree with the other ladies to focus on CM and buy some opk strips. Good luck.

Hope all is well the other TTCers!

As for me, to add insult to injury I got my period on Saturday but at my CD2 bw and us I had two big cysts and they are delaying this next cycle. It's a fairly common thing for medicated cycles but it caught me off guard. So I am going back to check on them in 2 weeks... if they are not gone we are going to have to wait till after Labor Day because of travel plans. I know in the big scheme of things, a month is no big deal... but in TTC time it seems like forever. Trying to enjoy the forced mini break with lots of wine, exercise, and sushi... but I'd like to get the show back on the road. I am not at all hopeful that my body is suddenly just going to remember to do anything on it's own, but I guess stranger things have happened. Fingers crossed the cysts will have cleared up in 2 weeks.

And mini vent... 2 friends announced they were pregnant this week... one planned... one accident! How does that happen?

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Thanks ladies for the advice. I think I'm going to go 3 cycles without temping. So that would be in October, if we aren't KU yet by then. I figured that the more carefree approach might work better for me just cause I can get obsessive about stuff. ;)) I signed up for FF and will start monitoring my CM more regularly.

One question that I do have on the OPKs, is there a better brand than others? I talked to my Dr. last week and she suggested using them as well, but I know that some are harder to read than others, and some more expensive than others. Does it matter what kind I get? I would like to try using them next cycle so any suggestions would be great. I did see some really cheap ones on Amazon that I was thinking of getting--I have the cheapo pregnancy test strips already and that's what I'm using to feed my POAS addiction.

Lastly, I went through all 484 pages of this thread...yeah, remember what I was saying about obsessive 8) , and it's been super informative. I feel like I learned alot. I don't think I realized how common m/cs and chemical pregnancies were until I read through all the pages. Funny thing though, after reading everything, I have a strong urge to go POAS...I think I may be addicted--actually, I don't think it helps that DH is convinced he has super sperm and wants me to POAS everyday ::).

I'm glad that there is a place where POAS addicts and obsessive worriers can go to seek help. :bigsmile:

Good luck to everyone!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BELLA!!!, So happy to hear from you. GOOD for you for taking a real break. I was never able to do it. I am addicted! :twirl: Glad to hear that you are doing well. Interesting to hear about your planned career changes too. It does seem like you work ALOT, and that it's very stressful. I made a similar decision when I was around your age, and it was the best decision I ever made. Enjoy the break, but hope to hear from you too!

RyanClaire, Sorry to hear about the cysts. Remind me which drug you were taking? So, in 2 weeks, they will potentially start a new cycle for you. That makes more sense to me now that I have written it out. I suppose they will check your follicle development at that point, and if there is none, then you'd be able to start the meds right away.

Cupcake Muffin, IMO, smiley face OPKs are the only way to go! http://www.clearblueeasy.com/clearblue-one-month-digital-ovulation-test.php I had used the cheapie internet ovulation sticks before, and I think I was convincing myself that the second line was darker than the control line, when in fact, it really was not. It was so hard to tell. The month I used the Smiley Face OPKs, I was so elated to see that smiley face! The cheapie internet HPTs are wonderful, however, because in that case, a line is a line, no matter how faint.

DCGator, Hope this is the month for you!!

wellinsm

Rough_Rock

Cupcake- Re: OPK- I used both the cheap ones and te clearblue easy smiley face ones. What I would do is use the cheap ones ( I used the CVS/Walgreens brand that come 20 in a container, but Internet cheapies work well too).

I always had a fade in pattern with my OPK, so when I got to what I thought was a positive or close to a positive I switched to the digitial smiley faces. I did this in July, and I did get KU that month. I also tried to monitor CM, but that wasn't for me.

RC- So sorry to hear about the cysts, hope that they go away within the 2 weeks and you can start your IUI cycle. Fingers crossed!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

RyanClaire: Good grief. You are in line for some good news soon lady. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Cupcake: OPK's and Preggo stick tests are the work of the Devil. Just giving you the heads up. In fact any pee stick should be banned for making TTC's crazy neurotics only one step away from Howard Hughes type looney-ville, separated only by the fact that he liked to keep the pee; we just like to examine it; in different lighting conditions and get a second or third opinion.... Don't say nobody warned you. (EDIT:I had a thought. Who is to say we TTC’s aren't actually crazier than HH was? After all, hands up who here has not examined their CM? Old HH, never went that far did he?)
BTW: I got the amazon cheapies; buy in bulk I say :devil: .

I have decided that it would be better for us to start a "How long can we fool around without any contraceptive before we get knocked up" thread. It seems that 'trying' isn't doing some of us any good but you can be darned sure if we weren't trying we would be pregnant left right and centre. So hows about we shift the focus from this cycle; I'm gonna give it a try. Ps. Double points for drunken sex.

:bigsmile: :naughty: :bigsmile:

CD9 and not being careful :wink2: .

lili

Ideal_Rock

RyanClaire--
*hugs* sorry to hear about the cysts.
Hope they disappear soon. If not, then like you said, you can enjoy your mini-vacay.
Who knows.....maybe you can conceive on a natural cycle like LV ^.^

Cupcake--
Welcome and I second the others about using your CM and OPK to pinpoint ovulation.
The ones that my dr recommends is the clearblue digital w/ the smiley.
Those supposedly takes the guess work of "is it or is it not" O is coming up.

DC--
Testing soon?
Fingers crossed for you that this is it.
Hope your CD21 progesterone test come back normal.
I did get finally my smiley ^.^
Was afraid that the clomid had shocked it back to oblivion.
It did delay it by 3 days though.
So now I sit and wait *tweedle thumbs*

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Steal said:
RyanClaire: Good grief. You are in line for some good news soon lady. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Cupcake: OPK's and Preggo stick tests are the work of the Devil. Just giving you the heads up. In fact any pee stick should be banned for making TTC's crazy neurotics only one step away from Howard Hughes type looney-ville, separated only by the fact that he liked to keep the pee; we just like to examine it; in different lighting conditions and get a second or third opinion.... Don't say nobody warned you. (EDIT:I had a thought. Who is to say we TTC’s aren't actually crazier than HH was? After all, hands up who here has not examined their CM? Old HH, never went that far did he?)
BTW: I got the amazon cheapies; buy in bulk I say :devil: .

I have decided that it would be better for us to start a "How long can we fool around without any contraceptive before we get knocked up" thread. It seems that 'trying' isn't doing some of us any good but you can be darned sure if we weren't trying we would be pregnant left right and centre. So hows about we shift the focus from this cycle; I'm gonna give it a try. Ps. Double points for drunken sex.

:bigsmile: :naughty: :bigsmile:

CD9 and not being careful :wink2: .

:lol: I think you're right, pee sticks of all kinds are evil. I went online and bought the cheapies from Amazon, and paid the extra $3.99 so I can have them by tomorrow---yeah, talk about addicted to peeing on things. Not really sure why I need them tomorrow, but there is no fixing crazying! And I may or may not exam the pee sticks afterwards, in a variety of lights and different rooms, etc...actually, I think my DH is worse than me :roll:

I second the "lets see how long we can fool around unprotected before we get knocked up", seems like all my friends who are getting pregnant now were drunk or not trying, if only it was that easy for everyone.

I'm all in for double points for drunken sex, I'm sure I can get DH drunk on our fishing trip this weekend and pillage Man-land ---do we get triple points if you blackout and don't remember the next day? :Up_to_something:

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Ryan Claire: you have such a great attitude. I am thinking good thoughts for you. Enjoy your wine and sushi and hopefully the cysts will go AWAY!

Cupcake: I know what you mean about being a little obsessive... DH and I are on the same plan to just have fun for the next 2 months. I did however buy the cheapie amazon sticks ... I am going to *try* to keep them in their packages until october...

Vintage: love your idea about using the smiley kits if the cheapies are positive.

Steal: LOVE your idea about the power of opposite thinking.... We have DH's brothers wedding on August 21st which may be around my O time, if I even do after stopping the nuva ring on Sat, so I am expecting some champagne fueled BDing :wink2:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Ladies,

I hope everyone's Friday is going well so far. Kinda a rough day for me, but I'm glad its almost the weekend!

Modernsparkler - Sounds like you have a good plan going too. I feel like I am so invested at this point that's it kinda hard to go backwards in terms of knowledge, etc, but I admire your ability to let go

Cupcake - I like the not fixing crazy idea, that's me down to a T sometimes, :cheeky: Too funny about plundering your man, I wish you lots of luck and you will definitely get triple points if you black out and can't remember it :knockout: As for the OPK's, lots of girls like the smiley faces, but they are expensive, esp if you have a 10 plus day range of O'ing. I also like the First Reponse OPK's. I would stay away from the CVS ones. I bought some this month b/c I ran out of FR and then CVS was out of them. I didn't like them at all b/c they didn't give me a true positive but I did defintely O.

Lili - Great news on the O. But, ohh, the infamous 2WW. We strive so hard to get to it yet its misery when you are stuck in the middle of it :errrr: . Btw, I didn't know you were on Clomid. Why did you get it and did you have to use it last time for you LO (if you don't mind me asking). On that note, still no word from my doc, even though I have been calling everyday. This is REALLY starting to p. me off. :angryfire: And yep, you know me, testing already. I think my Indian name would be Lakopatiancia - "girl with little patience" :roll: No happy results yet. I also had a lower temp this morning, so feeling really bummed. I don't think I will deal so gracefully this month if it doesn't work. Poor DH... :???:

Steal - You continue to crack me up girl. I think you are taking over where Bliss left off in the comic relief department. Thanks, I think we all really need it :twirl: Count me in for flirting with the devil. I am totally a POAS-aholic once it hits 8DPO. I feel like I've bought them already, so why not use it, right? :twisted: I will also most definitely partake in the longest without protection without getting KU club. I am going on 8 months and 8 cycles. Ovulation occuring in each and everyone of them. Do I win the prize? :appl: Next cycle I will definitely have to try to drunken, oblivious, don't want one of those stinky babies, sex. Maybe that will do the trick.

LV - Thanks for stoping in to cheer us on lady. Sounds like you are progressing really well and I can't wait to see some more pics! :bigsmile:

RC - What a freaking bummer on the cysts. That just blows. But, I think LV can tell you that the same thing happened to her and lo and behold she got pregnant naturally, w/out all the ART drama. Fingers still crossed for you!

Po - Paris Hilton, that would be rather funny. :lol:

AFM, I am 9DPO and at the last part of the 2WW. I have been testing the past two days and no luck so far. I know that it's still early, but I was just hoping I would get lucky. I am particulary worried this month will be a no go b/c that last time I had a CD16 O date, my LP was only 11 days. That doesn't leave much time for error. So, I think I am kinda trying to prepare myself for a bust this cycle. Not what I was hoping for... :(sad Oh well, I am not trying to be debbie downer, just not a good day...

Anyway, on a more positive note, if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend you got check out www.TLC.com which is the webpage for The Learning Channel. (For the non-US folks, they do some great programs about pregnancy, adoption, and other family type stuff). They currently have a web-only documentary type thing called "A Conception Stroy." It follows the lives of 6 women who are TTC. Their stories are varied and include ladies going for a 2nd or 3rd baby and ladies who have been trying for years to get KU. It is both heart warming and heart wrentching. I really like watching them (and showing them to my DH) b/c it shows the faces and emotions of these women as they go through the very trying TTC process. If you have a few spare moments, go check it out.

Well, I am actually leaving tomorrow morning and taking a couple days vacation to go to Orlando to help DH's BFF do something very special with his gf. Should be a good time! I am hoping this will provide just the distraction I am going to need in a couple days. I will try to check in with you all while I am there, but if not, I will see you when I get back on Tuesday. Good luck to all your ladies in your 2WW and about to hit your BD'ing marathons! Otherwise, have a great weekend.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock

DC, over 80% of fertilized eggies implant between 8-10 dpo and some before that so 11 days still gives you a good shot at getting preggo. I'll be thinking extra positive thoughts for you these next few days!

lili

Ideal_Rock

DC--
You never know about the temp dip.
Wasn't Bliss who said that her temp chart was all over the place the month that she got her BFP?
As long as AF is not in sight, there is still hope.
Fingers and toes crossed for you.
The good thing about the short LP is that you don't have to wait that long to know if you are preggo or not.
Mine is 14 days, so I have to wait the whole 2 weeks before I let myself wonder if I am or not.

Anyway, this is my first cycle on clomid.
I was able to conceive naturally w/o with my 2 previous pregnancies.
Since I'm not getting any younger and working against time here....we went ahead w/ our first round of IUI.
The Dr said that he has a higher success rate w/ a medicated IUI, so we went w/ it.
So far, no adverse side affects from it w/ the exception that O was delayed by 3 days.
We'll see how it went. So far, no real good or bad feelings about it....but then again, I've learned to just be zen about it.
If we get a BFP, great. If not, there's still 2 more rounds.

Hope to get good news from you when you come back!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Hi I had two questions about OPKS and was wondering if you ladies could help?

1. I just got my cheapies from Amazon and of course I couldn't resist taking it :rolleyes: . I took it and it's almost as dark as the Control line, which I know means a negative. But my question is that does that mean it will continue to get darker in the next few days? I am expecting to O on the 9th or 10.

2. Once you get a positive result does that mean the next day the test line will be gone? Does the test line dramatically change from line (Surge) to no line after your surge?

Thanks!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

cupcake*muffin said:

1. I just got my cheapies from Amazon and of course I couldn't resist taking it :rolleyes: . I took it and it's almost as dark as the Control line, which I know means a negative. But my question is that does that mean it will continue to get darker in the next few days? I am expecting to O on the 9th or 10.

2. Once you get a positive result does that mean the next day the test line will be gone? Does the test line dramatically change from line (Surge) to no line after your surge?

Thanks!

1. Get thee to pee on a stick dot com. Read the w.h.o.l.e website. I learned so much there.

2. Make sure you leave the sticks for the allotted time. It counts if one side of the strip line gets as dark as the control.

3. Women can test positive on those sticks 365 days a year so it depends on your health problems (if any) and the strength of the test. If you are testing positive or nearly (ie a negative but a line did show - just not dark enough) then you may want to get the next strength down. ETA attempt part deux: what I mean is that if you are getting a line which is too dark to be faint and you are nowhere near O time then the strength is too high so get the strength down ie from 40 down to 30 etc.

4. What I did was read that website, I got the 30miu strips and when they start to show any kind of reasonable colour I get out the nice undies and throw the granny pants to the back of the drawer. That is of course until I get a positive, positive OPK. Then it is granny pantie time :devil: once again.

5. Bear in mind you can surge within a 24 hour period. As explained in that site I suggested. So when you are getting near test morning and late afternoon. Or morning noon and night or every time you pee, or.... what did I tell you? Work of the DEVIL!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hey ladies,

Sorry for the pity party earlier. I am feeling a lot better now, I guess sometimes it just helps to have an outlet. :wink2: Thanks for listening to me complain :wavey:

Cupcake - I will say from personal experience that I usually get 2 days of positive OPK's, so it really varies by person. That being said, if it's close to dark, I will jump on the BD'ing train and continue until I get to negative OPK land.

Lili- Thanks for chiming in, you are too sweet. Yeah, we'll see about the dip, who knows. Hopefully tomorrow I will be pleasantly surprised. :naughty: The funny thing about my LP is that it ranges form 11-14 days, so no definite there either. I was just basing it on the last time I had a 16 day follicular phase. It's always a crap shoot. As for you, that is pretty cool the your doc was onboard with jumpstarting the whole process. The IUI thing definitely increases your chances, so here's too a succesful first time out! By the way, you must teach me this zen thing, hehe :cheeky: But, like I said I have been doing a lot of visualization and some other TCM techniques this month, so maybe it will pay off. I really hope that both of us have some great news in the coming week!

Brightlight - Thanks for dropping in with your encouraging words. Yep, I am just rolling with it now. Whatever will be will be, and maybe tomorrow there will be a temp spike. Time will tell...

One more me-centric note - So my doc finally called me back. I got her to give me all my levels from both my CD3 and my CD21 tests. My CD3 (FSH, LH, and Estraodil) were all happily in the middle of all ranges so that was good. Not a huge surprise though, b/c ovulation has not been my problem. The CD21 test though was a big more concerning. My progestrone level was 9.9. Now I know that's not horrible since you want it in the 10-15 range, but it's also not great either.

My question is - for any other ladies who had thier progestrone level tests, what were the general ranges (if you don't mind sharing) and for those who have been diagnosed with LPD or low progesterone, at what point did your OB or RE advice you to take progestrone supplements? Has anyone just gone ahead and taken progestrone cream or possibly B6?

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Steal said:
cupcake*muffin said:

Thanks!

1. Get thee to pee on a stick dot com. Read the w.h.o.l.e website. I learned so much there.

2. Make sure you leave the sticks for the allotted time. It counts if one side of the strip line gets as dark as the control.

3. Women can test positive on those sticks 365 days a year so it depends on your health problems (if any) and the strength of the test. If you are testing positive or nearly (ie a negative but a line did show - just not dark enough) then you may want to get the next strength down. ETA attempt part deux: what I mean is that if you are getting a line which is too dark to be faint and you are nowhere near O time then the strength is too high so get the strength down ie from 40 down to 30 etc.

4. What I did was read that website, I got the 30miu strips and when they start to show any kind of reasonable colour I get out the nice undies and throw the granny pants to the back of the drawer. That is of course until I get a positive, positive OPK. Then it is granny pantie time :devil: once again.

5. Bear in mind you can surge within a 24 hour period. As explained in that site I suggested. So when you are getting near test morning and late afternoon. Or morning noon and night or every time you pee, or.... what did I tell you? Work of the DEVIL!

Steal--thanks! I have been on that site...probably one too many times. I actually went on it before I asked. Looks like Meghan (the tester) got the positive a few days later, so I guess I will test again tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure.

Guess I'm going to have get DH drunk and drugged (because of his back) and get to BDing this weekend. Crossing my fingers for a surge soon, maybe then we will have our "gummy bear" :))

Steel

Ideal_Rock

dcgator said:
Hey ladies,

Sorry for the pity party earlier. I am feeling a lot better now, I guess sometimes it just helps to have an outlet. :wink2: Thanks for listening to me complain :wavey: .
'.
One more me-centric note - So my doc finally called me back. I got her to give me all my levels from both my CD3 and my CD21 tests. My CD3 (FSH, LH, and Estraodil) were all happily in the middle of all ranges so that was good. Not a huge surprise though, b/c ovulation has not been my problem. The CD21 test though was a big more concerning. My progestrone level was 9.9. Now I know that's not horrible since you want it in the 10-15 range, but it's also not great either.

My question is - for any other ladies who had thier progestrone level tests, what were the general ranges (if you don't mind sharing) and for those who have been diagnosed with LPD or low progesterone, at what point did your OB or RE advice you to take progestrone supplements? Has anyone just gone ahead and taken progestrone cream or possibly B6?

You are not complaining; it is really frustrating. It is drilled into us to clingfilm ourselves before we french kiss in case we get knocked up. Because, that is what boys are all about; getting you p.r.e.g.n.a.n.t. But now that we are card carrying please get me pregnant women we are finding that it is not that simple. God only knows why it isn't, but apparently it isn't. We are still not pregnant. I am cranky about it too. For me it is not that I would care (well,I would but you know what I mean) if I knew I would be pregnant naturally in 3 years; it is the worry (panic) that I am the one out of what ever per cent that is infertile. There it is; infertile. So I get your stress, it is a big picture thing. You are right to feel concern; I know I do. But statistically we are still in the 1 year trying. Not time to hit the PANIC button just yet.

As far as your testing goes; I have no clue. Sorry. I don't even understand what you wrote. But I hope it is nothing of importance to your getting pregnant soon.

Hugs to you, from me. If you were here you could try my carrot & courgette muffins! They are dee-lish!

(Just so you know, the making funsies is just to keep the mood light. This is no joking subject to me)

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock

DC--happy to hear that you finally heard from your doctor! It has to be incredibly frustrating to not hear and just be waiting for an answer. I *might* check out that web series on TLC...but I am trying to be better and not spend so much time online--so hard to do sometimes when you are home along a lot! Enjoy Orlando!

Steal--what you said about boys, kissing, sex being drilled into us for so long is so true! You worry about it for so long, if you are a minute late for Aunt Flo you worried yourself to death--"OMG, please, no!". And here we are, turns out its not so easy! Who's to say, though, we still couldn't be caught off guard when we not trying to get pregnant later in life and go through that whole scenario again? Life is funny that way!

DH's and my timing continues to be horrible. He had to delay a business trip this week till next week, where it will possibly be combined with another business trip...exactly when I am ovulating. He was debating earlier this week about whether or not to come home between the trips on Wednesday, and I told he most certainly needs to, as it was to be our BDing week! I double checked an ovulation calculator online this morning after he left to deal with an incident at work--turns out Wednesday is when I should be most fertile (I am very regular, always seem to ovulate at exactly the same time each cycle), so I called him to say that yep, Wednesday you need to be home. Then he tells me he was probably not going to be home--he was going to connect the trips. I became somewhat upset, and we delayed talking further till he got home later today. He feels awful, but can't delay the trip any longer because we go on vacation starting the 18th. I am just so frustrated, though! No problems, no interference for every other week--until I am ovulating! Then everything goes wrong, something keeps him from coming home, some disaster/stressful event/etc. occurs with his business! It is impossible to get pregnant if you are minus the other half of the equation! My friend said it is probably for some reason, and I know she is right, but still, it is so frustrating! If it doesn't happen this month, and I do get KU in September, the baby would be due right around DH's birthday--so that could be one positive. But, I live in Georgia and do not relish the thought of being pregnant here during the summer...ugh, the humidity and heat! :knockout:

Thanks for listening to my moaning and groaning...better to get the frustration out here, before he comes home.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to be an auntie!!!!

My brother and his wife (the ones who thought they couldn't get PG and have been trying for several years) just got the shock of their life, THEY"RE PREGNANT! So, ladies who have been trying for a long time, take heart.

My SIL has no idea how far along they are b/c she hasn't had a period since January 2010, and very infrequently before that. Also, it took her parents 13 years to get pregnant with her.

I am so excited for them (a little jealous ;)) but so excited! They are just thrilled!!! They're getting an OB appt for this week so that they can get an ultrasound and figure out when they are due:) :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

They weren't pursuing any fertility treatment, she wasn't tracking anything, and they were just BD when they felt like it.

It's the first grandchild on both sides, so I imagine her parents and my parents will both be over the moon too:)

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Amandine: That timing is sucky. Booooooooo. Can you travel to your DH? Is that a stupid suggestion?

Bella: Wow. Great news for your SIL. Trying for 13 years, wow :appl: . She defo has dibbs on 1st grandchild after waiting that long. I wish her a safe and happy pregnancy. Good for them.
I forget; does your family know you and your husband are TTC, was it awkward?

My husband and I had guests at the end of last month and well, I'm gonna try and be discreet here so please fill in the not-quite-so-vague blanks, we cleared the house of "inappropriate" items. All fine and dandy; except we cant find them now and prime on the MIA list is our pre-seed. So I had to call up our local chemist and sheepishly ask for them to order me up a new tube. I felt the need to offer and explanation so said we had lost the last one, but I could tell they thought it was a lie and we had been at 'it' like rabbits. So we have a new tube in the house and a lost tube somewhere - I bet the cats have it. God only knows what they would do with it probably use it to stick together all the odd socks and pens that are missing. Apart from that; I'm CD 11 and living dangerously :devil: .

Good luck to all :)) .

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

:) Ha-ha Steal, Your cats must be having a blast with the pre-seed.

My brother and SIL have been married for 5 years and trying (or as they call it "not not trying") for at least 2 years, maybe longer. her parents were the ones who tried for 13 years (I think they officially stopped trying after 3 or 4 years and got a major shock 9 years later:)

They know we are trying, but the rest of my family doesn't know...it's not awkward, but it would be super fun if we got PG soon and had cousins who were close in age!

Anywhoo--Tues-Sat of this week is supposed to be our big window this month, so we'll see how that goes ;))

Dust to everyone!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Bella_mezzo said:
:) Ha-ha Steal, Your cats must be having a blast with the pre-seed.

My brother and SIL have been married for 5 years and trying (or as they call it "not not trying") for at least 2 years, maybe longer. her parents were the ones who tried for 13 years (I think they officially stopped trying after 3 or 4 years and got a major shock 9 years later:)

They know we are trying, but the rest of my family doesn't know...it's not awkward, but it would be super fun if we got PG soon and had cousins who were close in age!

Anywhoo--Tues-Sat of this week is supposed to be our big window this month, so we'll see how that goes ;))

Dust to everyone!

*Pokes self in eye* Sorry Bella, I didn't read your 1st post properly.
Don't forget that a daughter having their grandchild is *extra* special(Edit: for your parents I mean). It would be very cool to have cousins close in age and you will be able to advise her on cloth nappies! Good luck BD'ing this week. :))

This thread is s.l.o.w again. Where are we all?

I'm CD 12 and being reckless! :sun:

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

:wavey:

We just got back from our camping trip, it got cut short due to rain. I got eaten alive---don't know why DH never gets bitten :confused:

Today is CD 22, on to the TWW since my cycles are around 34-39 days :sick: Not sure of anything this month but since its our first month trying, but not really trying. I am hopeful that being off bcp since November and being still relatively young--29 will help. Either way, in the words of the great Steal, "we're living dangerously" :naughty:

By the way, I think I get double points :Up_to_something:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Ooh, double points to cupcake:) :Up_to_something:

Steal, we are so cycle twins:) I am CD 11 (well I guess CD 12 now since it is after midnight:) I usually o on CD15/16 but had some EWCF today. Apparently DH is now starting to get the concept of "trying" plus I think he feels like if my brother and SIL can get pregnant we can too:) So, he's amped up for this week...we'll see how it goes. The goal for DH is everyday M-Sat, since that is like 200% more than usually for us, I'll be psyched if we hit every other day:)

Also, in the spirit of "not trying" I am declaring this cycle POAS-free for me, no OPKs and no tests:)

So, here goes ladies:)

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Everybody do a shot: Double points for Cupcake! :bigsmile: :naughty:

Hey Bella: Stock up on the lucozade for your husband; a 200% increase is a major target for this week. Happy egg hunting! (Shudders; Easter will n.e.v.e.r be the same after my stay here in crazy TTC land :rolleyes: )

So I went to the Dr. today on an unrelated to TTC issue and mentioned that we are still not pregnant. He suggested (not for the first time) that we abstain until day 14. (BTW I'm a 28 day regular, taking day 14 as bon voyage egg day; also confirmed by OPK's)
Meaning from CD1 to CD13 no sex and then go for it on CD14. I know that Bliss would disagree ( :naughty: ) but what do we think about that ladies?

It made me a little cranky. What if he is right? Do I waste a cycle or 5 (etc) trying 'his' way? Agh!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

modernsparkler said:
Ryan Claire: you have such a great attitude. I am thinking good thoughts for you. Enjoy your wine and sushi and hopefully the cysts will go AWAY!

Cupcake: I know what you mean about being a little obsessive... DH and I are on the same plan to just have fun for the next 2 months. I did however buy the cheapie amazon sticks ... I am going to *try* to keep them in their packages until october...

Vintage: love your idea about using the smiley kits if the cheapies are positive.

Steal: LOVE your idea about the power of opposite thinking.... We have DH's brothers wedding on August 21st which may be around my O time, if I even do after stopping the nuva ring on Sat, so I am expecting some champagne fueled BDing :wink2:

I'm sorry, I completely missed your post.
May I respectfully say HA! I bet those little sticks are out of their packet by now; are they? It is impossible to buy pee sticks and not use them. Impossible I tell you. I wonder will they have to set up Betty Ford clinics for TTC's jones-ing for their next hit.
Seriously though, enjoy the wedding. Enjoy the booze and throw caution to the (perfectly timed with ovulation) wind! :wink2:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Steal said:

Hey Bella: Stock up on the lucozade for your husband; a 200% increase is a major target for this week. Happy egg hunting! (Shudders; Easter will n.e.v.e.r be the same after my stay here in crazy TTC land :rolleyes: )

So I went to the Dr. today on an unrelated to TTC issue and mentioned that we are still not pregnant. He suggested (not for the first time) that we abstain until day 14. (BTW I'm a 28 day regular, taking day 14 as bon voyage egg day; also confirmed by OPK's)
Meaning from CD1 to CD13 no sex and then go for it on CD14. I know that Bliss would disagree ( :naughty: ) but what do we think about that ladies?

It made me a little cranky. What if he is right? Do I waste a cycle or 5 (etc) trying 'his' way? Agh!

Steal -- was this doctor an OBGYN? If not, I wouldn't go by what he says. I think the only reason you'd do that is if there's a problem with your husband's semen output, which I don't believe you have confirmed. If you O on day 14, even having some boys swimming around in there prior to that day is beneficial. I'd personally be scared it would be too late, but that's just me. :wink2:

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Lanie said:
Steal said:

Steal -- was this doctor an OBGYN? If not, I wouldn't go by what he says. I think the only reason you'd do that is if there's a problem with your husband's semen output, which I don't believe you have confirmed. If you O on day 14, even having some boys swimming around in there prior to that day is beneficial. I'd personally be scared it would be too late, but that's just me. :wink2:

No he is a regular General Practitioner. We have no reason to believe other than DH has the best most wonderful sperm in the world. :love:
I think it is insane to wait for day 14; sperm can survive for up to 3/5 days so why not have them waiting with corsage in tail (so to speak)? If the egg survives 24hrs at most then the waiting game is dependent on timing sex perfectly within that 24 hour window; every hour wasted sends the egg away disappointed. But if she gets escorted on her way down by 2/3 days worth of sperm ready and dressed for dinner then surely you increase your odds as there are sperm already there? Am I right?

Also general question I know I should know already so please don't throw your used OPK's at me:
Do you guys BD after ovulation for TTC purposes; not trying to get too personal here :naughty: . Like if you ovulate on Day14, do you specifically have sex on day 15 or 16 (+) to increase chances or in case you got O day wrong?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

Steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha! Thanks for the mention! Yes, as the resident PS nympho :wavey: I agree with Lanie. If your DH doesn't have any sperm issues, there is no reason to abstain until O day. Besides, your fertile window is actually several days since it's tough to pinpoint ovulation exactly.

When I was using my CBEFM (Eva), it told me to BD the 5 days before O to increase chances of conceiving. The more the merrier so long as the swimmers are in good order. Also, BD'ing regularly means fresh and healthy swimmers, not stale old swimmers that have been mashed up against his hot laptop for days... SNL's Schweddy Balls skit comes to mind! Even if you don't BD, it's good to keep the swimmers fresh! Some women milk Bessie every few days before their fertile windows to make sure there's a fresh supply of vigorous young swimmers and not geezer swimmers. :lol: Oy! Also, yes we did BD after O and it's good to do so just to make sure! Can't see how it could be bad. Might as well! :naughty:

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Bliss said:
Steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha! Thanks for the mention! Yes, as the resident PS nympho :wavey: I agree with Lanie. If your DH doesn't have any sperm issues, there is no reason to abstain until O day. Besides, your fertile window is actually several days since it's tough to pinpoint ovulation exactly.

When I was using my CBEFM (Eva), it told me to BD the 5 days before O to increase chances of conceiving. The more the merrier so long as the swimmers are in good order. Also, BD'ing regularly means fresh and healthy swimmers, not stale old swimmers that have been mashed up against his hot laptop for days... SNL's Schweddy Balls skit comes to mind! Even if you don't BD, it's good to keep the swimmers fresh! Some women milk Bessie every few days before their fertile windows to make sure there's a fresh supply of vigorous young swimmers and not geezer swimmers. :lol: Oy! Also, yes we did BD after O and it's good to do so just to make sure! Can't see how it could be bad. Might as well! :naughty:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

OMG!
I have never heard that expression before in my life! So funny.

As an aside; isn't it true that old sperm are absorbed by the body and new sperm trained up and prepared for dispatch? So really all sperm is 'fresh'

P.S. I live by the mantra that you should not write down what you are not prepared to wear on a Tee shirt. I still do, but can I exclude everything I write on this thread? I have asked questions here that I would die if people knew I was asking. I mean, really, do we even discuss with our best friends how many times a week (really) we have sex, but here we are free to post a full on chart even specifying Am or Pm. I feel very luck to have you group of gals. Especially you Bliss, you have thrown down the gauntlet to us TTC'ers and it is up to us mere mortals to 'try' to have sex as much as you guys did. (I get exhausted even thinking about it :errrr: )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results