The Official TTC Thread!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Aww, *hugs* Po. Hang in there. I know your day is coming sooooon!!! :bigsmile:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

Good luck to you, Ryan Claire!!!! Sending tons of dust and prayers your way!!!! :appl:

Po, enjoy Inception! I read some amazing reviews for it... Your time is coming soon! (((HUGS)))

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Miscka said:
Thanks again everyone for the congrats!!!! It means the world.

dc - I told him by running from the bathroom to the bedroom yelling "we made a baby! we made a baby!" :rodent: Not the cutest or most creative way for sure!
quote]

Miscka - I :love: the way you told your DH, that is quite adorable. Congrats again! How are you feeling now, any more symptoms yet? Btw, I chickened out on the SI. I may try it next cycle though. I have had a weird development, but I will get to that a bit later.

Brooks - I did get my CD3 B/W done, and I should find out the results tomorrow morning. In fact they said they had the results back on Friday, but the Dr. didn't get back to me, :angryfire: . Oh well, I guess I will know in the morning. Were your results all normal, or did they find anything? Personally, I am more concerned about low progestrone levels, so I might try to get them to run those tests. Did you plan on getting those done as well? Otherwise, how is your cycle going thus far, anymore clarity?

Houie - I have seen your latest BFP and you look great! How are you feeling now? Thanks for checking in us and do keep poking your head in b/c the rest of us appreciate the support :wink2:

Ryan Claire - Yippee on getting to your first 2WW! :appl: I really hope you get KU on your first go out. Fingers, toes, knees etc crossed for you. Please keep us updated!

Po - Aww, no sad thoughts lady, I am here with. I think I've been here longer than you too, so you are not quite the senior citizen on this thread yet, lol. Just keep those positive baby thoughts my dear. I have definitley had my times when I am thrilled that everyone is moving on but felt like the only kid not picked for the team. But all we can do is hang in there and eventually, we will get our chance to play...BIG HUG sweetie!

AFM, I had quite an interesting thing happen this morning. Since I got my period on Tuesday, I didn't even bother to contine to test with my HPT's. Well my period was really only 2 days of heavy flow, and then 2 more days of light/spotting. In addition, my temps have been bouncing around like a ping pong ball. Down to 96.3 CD1 and back up to 97.1 2 days later. So, for whatever reason, I decided to test this morning. Imagine my complete and utter surprise to see a super faint 2nd line (though real and not imagined as confirmed by my DH). So, I am thinking that I may have gotten KU and not gotten a BFP till CD15 (which would have been Tuesday morning), then I got my period and lost the little eggie and now just have residual HCG in my system. While I was thrilled to finally see a real 2nd line for my first time in 7 cycles (not counting the false positive I had once), I am saddened to think that I didn't check sooner. While I know there is nothing I really could have done, I feel like maybe I could have done something, like take progestrone or something. Oh well, I guess it's good to know that I can get KU. But, now I am even more convinced that instead of just getting CD3 B/W done, I should be getting my progestrone levels checked too.

So, since the doc is supposed to call me tomorrow for my results of my CD3 B/W, I am going to discuss with her about checking my progestrone levels. I am also going to take another test to see if the HCG is gone completely or what. I will definitely let you ladies know what happens with both my B/W levels and the HCG levels.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhhh DC, I would test again tomorrow. Stranger things have happened...I've definitely heard of plenty of women who had no idea they were preggo because they had a "period" at the expected time. I certainly don't want to give you false hope, but if you test again tomorrow and see a darker line instead of a lighter one, you may not be out of the game.

If it's what you think and you *are* out of the game at this point, then you're right, at least you were able to get preggo!!! :appl: I think these super early "chemical" pregnancies are waaay more common than any of us know...just imagine how many women out there who aren't actively TTC and obsessively testing would never know if they were preggo and had a super early loss if they had no indication beside their period coming 2 or 3 days late.

I'm holding out at least a little hope and I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! If this isn't your month, then big big hugs, and I'll continue to root for you in future months!!!! :) But please do let us know if you do test tomorrow.... :bigsmile:

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Mishka that is fantastic news :)

and DC I am keeping my fingers crossed that your two faint lines mean a positive sticky bean but as you said at least you know you can get there which is a good start - keep positive I will be sending tons of good vibes your way :).

So ladies I know I sort of popped my head in here and then disappeared (well lurked might be the more apt word LOL) but shortly after my first post we went away for our honeymoon in Thailand (2wks of awesomeness) and just what we needed to chill and relax.

So anyway I have attempted to post this post 5 times (this being the 5th time) seriously every time I posted something would go wrong (internet die, post get eaten etc) so I took it as a sign from the universe not to say anything just yet and DH didn't want me to say anything until the first scan (which was today) but I have an announcement - I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!. I have yet to announce this to all my friends and do the official FB post so at the momment it is a little PS secret mostly.

I had it confirmed by the doctor the Monday I left for the HM (I carried my 4 peesticks in hand) - DH would not believe the first two tests as the lines were not strong enough in his opinion *pfffft* it took the digital test flashing pregnant for him to finally believe me. The scan today revels baby's age is 6wks 3 days which means I am about 8 wks and babies due date is March 11 2011 (1 day off from being exactly 9mths from the wedding :razz:)

I know my journey was short and sweet but I just wanted to thank you ladies for all the support and knowledge - I lurked for long before I first posted and have learned so much - I wish you all a short and happy stay and the best of luck :).

Looks like we are on a roll ladies must be something in the PS water so get drinking I say

I do have pics of the positive tests however they are on another comp :)

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Wow Deelight, that's amazing news, a honeymoon baby.

Here's to a healthy and happy 9 months

Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif

DC - test!!!! And go see your Doc, it could be that BFP gal. Ooooh, got everything crossed for you.

Po
x

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DCG - Is it possible that you ovulated later than you think and you have a late implanter? Let us know what the dr says. Maybe he or she will want you to come in for blood work to see how much HCG is in your system? I don't want to offer false hope, but I have my fingers crossed for you and am hoping for a darker line today.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Ladies

Just a quick update on the HPT front: the test this morning had no 2nd line (not even a faint one) so I guess it was just as I suspected that I might have gotten KU, but it didn't last. Oh well, I imagine the good think is that after 7 cycles, I finally got to see that elusive 2nd line. I am P.O.'ed that I didn't test during the down time since I would have seen a brighter line for once, but such is life. I guess somebody didn't want to me to get too excited only to be let down even more. Oh well, like I said before, at least I know that I can actually get KU, which is a huge victory after seeing so many stark white HPT's I was about to start painting one myself, :cheeky:

I called the Dr. this morning, and they still haven't looked at my results so that is kind of annoying, but I plan to be annoying and continue calling back until they get me my results :naughty: .

Thanks for everybody's support, but keep all your happy thoughts for a few more weeks, please. :wink2:

PS Geri (or anyone else who can had that experience) - If you are lurking, I know you had a couple chemical pregnancies. Were you able to get KU the cycle immediately proceeding the BFP one? I just want to know if I can still get KU this cycle or do I have to wait till the next one. I would be REALLY bummed to have to wait, but I would rather know now... :(sad

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Deelight - CONGRATS on getting KU! Woohoo for you and your DH. And a jerkstore to boot, how awesome! :appl:

Good luck on your scan today and a very healthy and happy 7+ months! :mrgreen:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Deelight--congrats to you and your DH!!!

DC--that sucks. If it were me though, I'd rather have it happen the way it did then get a BFP, get all excited, and then be let down. Sucks either way, I know, but as you said and as others said, you CAN get pregnant! I don't see why you couldn't keep trying the next cycle personally, but maybe others will chime in that know more.

Po--Im still thinking of you too, and can't wait for you to get preggo!

Ryan Claire--thinking of you too if you are reading this!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Yayyyyyy Deelight!!! So happy for you and your DH! You had a big of a gap between your wedding and honeymoon, right? Congrats!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Deelight - Congrants on your brief stay here! I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

DC- sorry about what sounds like an early MC :(

Just a brief update, I just wanted to share the DH and I FINALLY got the results of the genetic testing we had done due to some serious stuff DH has in his family. After the lab lost a sample, and then waited another month to run the second sample waiting for an inusrance prior auth that they ALREADY had, we found out with 99% probability that I don't carry the gene we were worried about! That was the last obstacle we wanted to be sure of before starting our TTC journey. We will probably wait until fall to actually start trying but I wanted to share the good news!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats Deelight!!!! You and your hubby must be so deelighted!
:bigsmile:

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock

dcgator said:
Hey Ladies

Just a quick update on the HPT front: the test this morning had no 2nd line (not even a faint one) so I guess it was just as I suspected that I might have gotten KU, but it didn't last. Oh well, I imagine the good think is that after 7 cycles, I finally got to see that elusive 2nd line. I am P.O.'ed that I didn't test during the down time since I would have seen a brighter line for once, but such is life. I guess somebody didn't want to me to get too excited only to be let down even more. Oh well, like I said before, at least I know that I can actually get KU, which is a huge victory after seeing so many stark white HPT's I was about to start painting one myself, :cheeky:

I called the Dr. this morning, and they still haven't looked at my results so that is kind of annoying, but I plan to be annoying and continue calling back until they get me my results :naughty: .

Thanks for everybody's support, but keep all your happy thoughts for a few more weeks, please. :wink2:

PS Geri (or anyone else who can had that experience) - If you are lurking, I know you had a couple chemical pregnancies. Were you able to get KU the cycle immediately proceeding the BFP one? I just want to know if I can still get KU this cycle or do I have to wait till the next one. I would be REALLY bummed to have to wait, but I would rather know now... :(sad

DC, I'm sorry ... but like you said, at least you know you can get pregnant. I think it was Mara who said that sometimes our bodies need time to figure things out in steps.

Re: SI, I'm considering trying it next cycle too. I'm a little hesitant, b/c I've read that it delays ovulation in some women. I've read that if you do try the SI, you should try and avoid soy for the rest of your cycle.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

I cannot figure out how to quote on here! Argh.

Brightlight, interesting re:SI. DH and I are veggies and we eat a LOT of soy. I did not alter any eating habits this past month, but was considering cutting back on soy in general next cycle, as I had read some things about soy and fertility in general. I did, however, have the concerns you are voicing re:ovulation, and in fact was not totally convinced I had ovulated at all when I got my BFP.

Deelight, CONGRATS! Yay, another March baby :) come join us on the JBP thread!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

ETA, dcgator, so sorry about this month :sick: I agree with PP though, its almost better in this order than the other way round. Hopefully this means your body is raring to go! I would love to hear what your doc says. What kind of test were you using? Keep us posted!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Deelight, congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Modernsparkler, congrats on awesome genetic results!! Now go, make haste, and make babies!!! hehehehe!! :naughty: Or I guess wait till fall, if that's what you guys had planned. Anyway, glad you can TTC without the worry!!

DC - I'm sorry. :cry: From what I know, there is no problem with TTC again right after a chemical pregnancy. Because it happened so soon, and probably just barely implanted, your hormone profile and endometrium didn't have a chance to change that much, so there should be no problem if you get preggo again quickly. I wish you the best of luck...hang in there, lady. This journey is hardly ever easy.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

DC I am so sorry the line went away but as you said on the positive side your body can do it. I also have heard the same thing as brightlight I from my doctor and others that sometimes the body has to take a misstep to work out what the heck it is meant to do so *fingers tightly crossed* for two strong lines next cycle. I hope your doctors get back to you ASAP

And thank you so much for your well wishes :)

Po10472 thank you :) the baby was already here for the honeymoon not sure I would do that again makes you very paranoid when your in a foreign country thousands of miles away from home but at the end of the day what is meant to be is meant to be

Clairitek Thanks hun - we had a 2 week gap as family was still around from o/s (seemed like FOREVER) and the honeymoon was planned/paid a week before we left great way to get some great deals though :D.

Lanie, brightlight, HOUMedGal Thank you :)

modernsparkler Thank you - congrats on your great news thats fantastic to her I hope your journey (when you begin) is a short and happy one :D

Miscka Thanks hehehe I have been lurking on the barely preggo thread as well and plan to stick my toes in tonight :D

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Hi ladies :wavey:.

I have been lurking for a few weeks and thought should probably just out myself since DH and I are officially (unofficially--no charting etc) trying this cycle. We just got married 6/19 and originally had planned to wait until next fall but DH asked me if I was ready now and I told him "YES" so we are going for it...well, unofficially that is. I have been off bcp since November last year so we are hoping that by now my body is back to normal. However, now I'm having super long cycles. I will probably start charting in October. But at this point we are just going to see how it goes.

DH has been going around telling everyone who will listen that he has big plans to knock me up so I figured I should be able to tell someone too ;)) Now that AF has come we can officially start!

I look forward to learning from you ladies and congrats to everyone who got a BFP and GL to those that are waiting!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Deelight :appl: =)

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

Just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS to Deelight!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dcgator, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. The good news is, you *can* get pregnant - and pretty quickly, too! Your eggies love your DH's swimmers, everything's in working order... I bet you will get KTFU before long because it doesn't take long the second time. I do understand how disappointing it can be, after the huge thrill of seeing a second line. I'm so sorry about that. Sending you healing vibes and dust for a BFP from you soon!

Ryan Claire, thinking of you!

Sending major dust to our TTC ladies!!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock

Just popping in to say

CDN--
I'm so sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy.
Glad to hear that you are recovering well.
Hope your follow-up appt went well.
Keeping you in my thoughts.

RyanClaire--
Woohoo :appl: :appl: for the 2WW.
Lots of luck to you.
I hope this cycle is it for you.
Different dr has different protocol.
Mine said to BD every other day starting day 12 up until you get a :)) and go in 2 days later for one IUI.

DC--
I'm so sorry to hear about the fleeting BFP.
Like you and others said, the good news is that you can get pregnant.
Fingers crossed for the coming month.
And we'll be here to dump lots of sticky vibes when you get your next BFP.

Miscka and Deelight--
:appl: :appl: Congrats!
Lots of sticky vibes to you.
Wishing you a smooth and healthy 9 months.

Po10472--
*hugs* your time will come -- not much longer, Oct right? ;))
I feel the same way too...so you are not alone.

brooks

Rough_Rock

Ryan Claire - hope the 2WW is going by quickly for you! I'm sending lots of baby dust to you!

dcgator - So sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy this month. I echo everyone else in hoping that this was a bump in the road and you will get a BFP very soon! We are all sending lots of good thoughts and vibes your way. In response to your questions about the CD3 b/w, my results were normal. They actually just said "they're normal" when they called to relay the information, but I tend to need more information than that. I asked for something more specific so they offered to mail the detailed results to me. I'm glad I asked for that - I know if I end up at a RE's office the b/w will probably be done again but it's nice to have the actual results. Like you, I'm also curious about my progesterone levels. I haven't had those checked yet. Have you heard anything else from your doctor?

Deelight - Congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful, healthy pregnancy. :))

cupcake*muffin - Welcome! I also have been off bcp since November and am experiencing long cycles, so we can miserate together. ;)) Hoping you have a short stay here!

Thanks again to everyone who commented on my chart last week. My temps continued to fluctuate but I did get a positive OPK again on Friday and Saturday. I've seen a temp rise since then, so it appears that my body geared up once, couldn't quite make it, and tried again 12 days later. Definitely going to make for a longer cycle again, but I'm happy to be back in the 2 ww! Our timing was pretty good, but not perfect, so we'll see.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Modernsparkler - Huge congrats for you and your DH getting the positive results. I'm sure you are both super excited to start TTC now that you know you will be making a healthy little baby. We will be here for you when you are ready to "officially" join the club! :bigsmile:

Ryan C. - How is the wait going so far? I am sooo exicted for you and really hope it will be your month sweetie :naughty:

Brooks - Thanks for the support :)) . My Dr. gave me the same "everything is normal" diagnosis. I will also ask for some more info when I go back. In fact, I expressed my concern about my progestrone level, and the RN said I could come in and get that test done. So, I will go in on CD21 to get that test done. I am interested to see what that test will reveal. I will be sure to let you know what comes of it. As for you, I wish you lots of luck in your 2WW and hope you get some great news in the coming weeks!

Cupcake Muffin - Welcome to the TTC hood! :wavey: That's great that you got a start on getting off BC and getting your body back on track. I wish you lots of luck and hope your stay is short and sweet.

LIli - It's good to see you again, I was about to ask where you were :wink2: Sorry that you are still here too, but you, me and Po will be there for each other. Just hang tough my dear. It will be our turn soon enough. Btw, how is your adorable little princess doing?

Bliss - Thanks for stopping in. I am keeping positive and thinking this could be a good sign. I am continuing with checking out all my levels though, just in case. I have seen some of your preggo pics, and OMG, you are just the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen! :mrgreen: Keep taking care of you and your bean!

Anybody seen/heard from Krissie, Steal, Wellism, LAJennifer, Amandine, Parrot Tulips or the rest of the TTC crew?

honey22

Ideal_Rock

Delurking for HOLY MOLY DEELIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

Aww thanks for all the love ladies...

Lanie - your story stays at the back of my mind and proof that it does happen :) I tested yesterday 6dpiui (faint faint line from hcg trigger shot) and today 7dpiui (nothing) so hopefully it's out of my system. Thanks for the thoughts and support.

LV - thanks for the testing out suggestion - I can't trust myself not to POAS before 14 dpiui so I am glad to know that it most likely won't be a false positive.

HouM - thanks for the well wishes. I totally agree that Miscka needs some company over on just barely preggo board - hopefully a bunch of us will be joining her soon.

DCgator - so sorry about your early mc; what a rollercoaster of emotions. I hope you are doing ok and feeling like perhaps it's that much closer. I agree with what the other ladies have said about being able to get right back at it... Glad the CD3 testing was "normal"... let us know if you decide to do CD21 testing. Fingers and toes crossed for you. Thanks for still checking in on me while you've been going through all that.

Keeping the faith and Miscka - thanks ladies! Hopefully your newly preggo dust will have special powers :)

Po - thanks for the crossed fingers! If babies are made from good thoughts and well wishes that I have a good shot this month. Haha wish it were that easy, right :) I hear you about the bitter sweet nature of the TTC board... it's tough see others move on to their next step knowing 1) you won't really be there to share in the fun stuff (actually being preggo) with them and 2) still being here... waiting. Where are you in your cycle?

Bliss - thanks for all the dust! Hope you are doing well and having a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Deelight - CONGRATS! I love that your EDD is 1 day and 9 months from your wedding. Well someday you can tell him or her that they were on your honeymoon with you! Good luck.

ModernSparkler - Great news :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: ! I am thrilled for you and your DH. I am sure it was an enormous relief that you are not a carrier. Lots of dust and luck for you come the fall... or sooner ;-)

Welcome cupcake! Glad you introduced yourself and good luck with your official/unofficial trying. Long cycles are frustrating, so down the road charting may help you time things better. Hope your hubby is right about knocking you up soon.

lili - thanks for the good thoughts! It's hard not to obsess afterwards about whether you did EVERYTHING right but it is what it is... I just want this 2ww to step up the pace.

brooks - thanks so much for the dust. Sounds like your hormones were toying with you this month but glad they got their act in gear. Good luck with your 2ww!

Nothing much to report... 6dpiui and just crawling along. I know the beauty of the 2ww is that you get to be hopeful but I'd still just like to KNOW! No real symptoms. I am on progesterone supplements and they will mimic pregnancy symptoms anyway (sore boobs, bloating, etc.) so I am not paying much mind to stuff like that. My sister (4th IVF) and best friend (12th cycle) will also find out if they are pregnant in the next 2 weeks so that is exciting and nerve wrecking too. I know it's greedy (and unrealistic) to want us all to be pregnant... but it would be so much fun.

Sorry about any spelling/grammar issues - I don't have time to proofread! Really wish they had spell check on here :)

wellinsm

Rough_Rock

DC- Sorry to hear about the chemical...hopefully your CD21 bloodwork will come back positive as well and you can get KU quickly.

Congrats to Deelight...

Ryan Claire- Good luck during this 2WW....I hate the waiting game

Sorry I haven't been around much- trying to keep busy and not being obessive, kind of a mental time out for me, even though this is our first month of TTC. I am currently 9 DPO and waiting. I want to wait to test until at least 14 DPO or even if I can make it until I am "hopefully" late. We had good timing I think O-4, O-1, O, and O+1, so...wait and see is the game here.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Wellism, glad to see you back here. I totally understand the not wanting to obsess, b/c well, by 9DPO, I am totally at that point, lol :wink2: I wish you loads of dust and hope that you get some fabulous news in another 5 days, or whenever you decide to test :mrgreen:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

I've been lurking this thread for quite some time, and I just wanted to chime in to congratulate Deelight!!!!! That's fantastic news, dear!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Good morning all

It's now CD8 and my first poas day with the CBFM. This is my 7th cycle using the monitor and so far bar 1 month I've had highs and peaks, strangely the only month I didn't have a peak was the month I got a chemical pg but I knew when I ov'd.

I finish up this coming Friday for 17 days holiday and can't wait. We're getting the hall and second bedroom decorated and new hardwood flooring put down in the first week then we may take off somewhere hot for a week if we can get a cheap deal. Just to be off work is what I'm looking forward to, I don't care where we'll be.

I'm meeting up with an old friend for lunch and we're going for dim sum. I'm so excited both to see her and eat gorgeous foods. If I had my choice I'd eat Chinese and Japanese food everyday. Then off out with another friend to celebrate her birthday then spending some time with my dad tomorrow.

What's everyone up to this weekend, any nice plans?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results