shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Robbie, icekid, Lindsey, Lulu, Sabine, Dreamer, Peony, NYC Sparkle,

Thank you all so much for your comments (I''m so glad I''m not the only one who checks PS first thing when people are expecting news!)

Lysser, thank you so much - I so hope you get your BFP again as soon as possible.
1.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 11:58:00 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
I''ll be in the tww starting tuesday and i promised myself i''d only poas 1x this month
20.gif
we''ll see about that since i foound a $ tree 5 min. from my house
9.gif

Hi NYCsparke - I''m on DPO1 today and am planning on laying off those sticks - i''m pretty sure that there are no $ stores anywhere near me so hopefully that will help
20.gif

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the updated one. I haven't logged the BFN. Next month (if I get my period), I'm going to be better about checking my cervix and CM. That has been frustrating me because it's not always clear to me what type of CM I have. I might also try Preseed.

P.S. I have asked DH to confiscate my remaining tests, and I will only test again after I miss my period.

chart345.GIF

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I got online just now because I had a feeling that someone here was KTFU -
Pandora, congrats!! I''m so happy for you!
36.gif

Date: 9/5/2008 8:44:00 AM
Author: Pandora II

(one thing I did find out from my OB friend - over here the advice is that you can eat as much sashimi/sushi as you like, as long as the fish has been frozen to x degrees for 24 hours beforehand - which all sushi fish in the UK must be. You are advised to avoid mackerel because of potentially high levels of mercury. I had been wondering as I grew up in Micronesia where there was little other than fish to eat, and with no refridgerators we ate a lot of fresh, raw fish. Apparently the idea you couldn''t came about through something written in the first edition of ''What to Expect when you''re Expecting'' and since then people have just gone with the ''better safe than sorry''. Also the last two listeria cases in the UK were due to lettuce of all things...
23.gif
)
I meant to respond to this a couple of days ago. I''d read the same thing. The particular bacteria and parasites that are (rarely) found in properly prepared sushi can''t pass to the fetus, so the only real problem comes from getting infected with them and then not getting treated and being sick enough that the fetus isn''t getting adequate nutrients. I''m comfortable with that. In fact, we had a bunch of sushi for dinner last night. I just limited the amount of tuna I had, because of the amount of mercury.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 12:29:26 PM

I felt so bratty about it all last month. This time I was much more resigned. The first month seems to be hell for a lot of people!
I really think this is true... there is something about the first month were so much hope rests on it, especially if you have been anticipating TTC for months and months. If it doesn''t happen (which is the norm!) then it can be really disheartening. Subsequent months are still painful, but somehow not like that first month.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 12:39:59 PM
Author: peonygirl
Here is the updated one. I haven''t logged the BFN. Next month (if I get my period), I''m going to be better about checking my cervix and CM. That has been frustrating me because it''s not always clear to me what type of CM I have. I might also try Preseed.

P.S. I have asked DH to confiscate my remaining tests, and I will only test again after I miss my period.
I think your chart says you are still in the game - your dip is way more like an implantation dip than mine is, and your LP looks like it''s a bit longer than mine.

Your temps are still high as well.

I was pretty keen on Pre-seed. The meds I''m on have a side-effect of drying everything up a bit, so I think it was a definite help.

(Oh, I told you guys before DH! His response - well, he''s in bed having spent the last few hours throwing up! What a lovely response!
9.gif
Or maybe he''s going to come out in sympathy...)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 12:40:00 PM
Author: Blenheim
I got online just now because I had a feeling that someone here was KTFU -
Pandora, congrats!! I''m so happy for you!
36.gif

Date: 9/5/2008 8:44:00 AM

(one thing I did find out from my OB friend - over here the advice is that you can eat as much sashimi/sushi as you like, as long as the fish has been frozen to x degrees for 24 hours beforehand - which all sushi fish in the UK must be. You are advised to avoid mackerel because of potentially high levels of mercury. I had been wondering as I grew up in Micronesia where there was little other than fish to eat, and with no refridgerators we ate a lot of fresh, raw fish. Apparently the idea you couldn''t came about through something written in the first edition of ''What to Expect when you''re Expecting'' and since then people have just gone with the ''better safe than sorry''. Also the last two listeria cases in the UK were due to lettuce of all things...
23.gif
)
I meant to respond to this a couple of days ago. I''d read the same thing. The particular bacteria and parasites that are (rarely) found in properly prepared sushi can''t pass to the fetus, so the only real problem comes from getting infected with them and then not getting treated and being sick enough that the fetus isn''t getting adequate nutrients. I''m comfortable with that. In fact, we had a bunch of sushi for dinner last night. I just limited the amount of tuna I had, because of the amount of mercury.
My big thing is salmon sashimi which scores pretty low on the mercury.

I''m going to keep eating it, but just make sure I go to decent places rather than some of the dives in Soho that I have been know to frequent.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS PANDORA!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you
36.gif
Looks like a good month for BFP''s... hopefully we''ll have lost of PS May babies!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Pandora!

EBree, I''m sorry AF came. Keep up your positive attitude.

Lots of baby dust to all of you ladies TTC!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 12:37:25 PM
Author: lovelylulu
Date: 9/7/2008 11:58:00 AM

Author: NYCsparkle

I''ll be in the tww starting tuesday and i promised myself i''d only poas 1x this month
20.gif
we''ll see about that since i foound a $ tree 5 min. from my house
9.gif

Hi NYCsparke - I''m on DPO1 today and am planning on laying off those sticks - i''m pretty sure that there are no $ stores anywhere near me so hopefully that will help
20.gif

I''m testing on Friday at 10dpo. If I get a BFN, I''ll wait til Sunday (the test date given by FF) to test again as long as my temps are still up.

am04

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I''m late to the party!

Pandora- Congrats, I''m so happy/excited for you!!!

Peony- Hang in there, it''s not over till it''s over!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ok ladies, I have a bit of a chart dilemma. If I leave my chart set to FAM, I get dotted crosshairs on CD17. If I set it to advanced, I get solid crosshairs on CD19. It says the dotted crosshairs are due to having fertile CM after ovulation, but it's actually not uncommon for me to have 3 days of ewcm post-o. I'm leaning towards CD17 because it lines up with cp, but this is my first cycle charting cp so I don't know if it's usual for me to have it line up with the other signs. The open circles above the coverline are for lack of sleep. What do you guys think? cd17 or cd19?

robbie3982-09.07.08.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie this may be one of those charting mysteries that we never get an answer to! The good news is that you are "covered" either way with the BD. I would be tempted to say that it was CD 19 because on the CF pattern, since it is probably very unusual to have EW for so long after ovulation, but if it is normal for you, then the temps make it look like CD 17??? This is simply a chart that isn''t super clear. What it seems to boil down to somewhat is which fertile sign we put the most stock in. I wouldn''t put huge amounts of stock in the cp since it is the first month measuring it. So do we listen to the temp shift? Well, the shift is a *little ambiguous* because of thos dang temps on CD 11 and CD 14. So what about the CF? Clearly, your temps and your CF do not match up, so which do we listen to?

I think you stand a good chance of having caught the egg this month, but IF for some reason you don''t catch it then in the future you may want to really make sure you BD right up until the CF is gone. It is possible that your O-day matches up with your CF more than with the temp shift (there are lots of strange temp shift patterns out there, either earlier or later than actual O), and so you may want to cover both basis. You have so many days of EW that you could probably start the marathon later, or do every two days for the first couple days of EW or something... I just wonder if despite the apparent temp shift you ovulated on the last day of EW? Anyways, that''s only something to think about if it doesn''t catch this month, so here''s hoping it does!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Pandora!
36.gif

Robbie, I'm no expert, but I'd lean more toward O on CD 19. That seems like more of a thermal shift to me than CD 17 looking at your other temps. I could be *very* wrong, but that, with the eggwhite, makes me think CD 19.

You look pretty covered either way, though!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
8.gif
I guess I should wait til Sunday to test then. That would be either CD10 or 12 depending on the O date. Sigh. I was having a hard time waiting when I thought I only had to wait til Friday.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I''m FINALLY tuning in - and HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!!!!!!!! PANDORA''s a JERKSTORE!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl! I''m beyond thrilled, in fact, I just bawled my eyes out reading your trail of pee sticks! (I''m over the top hormonal right now). Man oh man, a beautiful May baby. This is FABulous! xoxoxoxoxoxooox

My update: 11 DPO and another BFN. I''m still convinced I''m pg, and my chart is a perfect triphastic pattern. Feh(tm by LittleL), maybe tomorrow?!

Shout outs:

Robbie - I know about the agony it is to wait to test. hang in there! My DH is always disapointed in my when I POAS against HIS better judgement.

Sabine - welcome to the party!!!
35.gif

DRK (Kate) - I''m in Toronto! where are you?

NYC - a few pages back you mentioned your DH thinks he has supersperm! Mine too!!! hahaha. Men. I hope you''re does
27.gif

Ebree - so sorry about your Aunt coming. sucks. I hate her. I''m really hoping next cycle is all about you
37.gif

Amber - miss you friend!! How are you? check in when you have a chance.

Little L - how are you hangin'' girl? Thinking of you too...

K, tomorrow. Fingers crossed for me so that I can stop with this terrible self-doubt.
39.gif

Congrats again Pandora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS. what''s your EDD?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mela!

Please, please let tomorrow''s test be a BFP for you! Fx
1.gif

Due date is May 19th.

I am going to be in soooooo much trouble. My brother is getting married in Cornwall on the 23rd May - in the middle of nowhere and at least 45 minutes to the nearest hospital. Ooops. (I loathe his FI as well so I''m sure I''ll be accused of doing it on purpose!
20.gif
)

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I loathe my brothers GF too - so hopefully we'll have more than that in common this month
27.gif

I have a few dumbo questions re: Fertility friend.

Dumb Q#1: According to FF, AFF is scheduled to show up (that red ball with the creepy eye) on Thursday Aug 11 - based on a 14day LP. Thursday would technically be 15DPO. However, if I was to simply count 28 days since my last period, then AFF would come on Saturday Aug 13th. Now, from what I understand, the LP never changes, so I should go according to FF's creepy red eye and expect AFF on Thursday. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Dumb Q#2: On my FF chart, there is a line that says "stats". What is that? ETA: I answered my own question. FF says "The stats line also displays when appropriate a countdown (numbers from 5 to 1) to the test date starting 5 days before the recommended test date." Mine seems "off" versus my expected AFF date because this is my first month temping and FF has no test date benchmark to give me.

11DPOEC.JPG

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Mela, you should go by your LP length, not cycle length since cycle length depends on when you O whereas LP stays constant. I''ve been wondering about that stats row as well. No idea. Your chart looks awesome!

Well, I decided to search for a crystal ball to answer my dilemma and found one (lol)! http://www.imagi-nation.com/moonstruck/question.html So, according to the crystal ball, I O''d on cd17 and there''s a good chance I''m a jerkstore this cycle. Haha.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Robbie, you crack me up! haha. hilar.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mela how do you know you have a 14 day LP? How many cycles is that based on? I thought this was only your first or second month charting so I wondered where you got 14 from. It can take a number of months of charting with normal/typical cycles to know what it is. And FYI, when FF doesn''t know your typical LP it tells you to wait until 18DPO to test
20.gif
yeah right! LOL!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
dreamer - you are so right. my LP is based purely on assumption.
emembarrassed.gif
I assume that It''s roughly 14 days, as I got pregnant the first time by only DTD once, on the CD13; of what is always a 28 day cycle. I technically, could have a slightly different LP...but it''s somewhere very close to 14 days. Does that make sense? Thanks for your input!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 8:29:11 PM
Author: mela lu
dreamer - you are so right. my LP is based purely on assumption.
emembarrassed.gif
I assume that It's roughly 14 days, as I got pregnant the first time by only DTD once, on the CD13; of what is always a 28 day cycle. I technically, could have a slightly different LP...but it's somewhere very close to 14 days. Does that make sense? Thanks for your input!
Sounds like a pretty good assumption then!
9.gif
Sorry if my previous post sounded harsh or anything, I wasn't trying to... I was just wondering!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
hey y''all.

Football season began today. Well, technically, it began on Thursday...but I''m a die-hard Steeler fan. So for me, it began today. And the Steelers KICKED SOME SERIOUS BEHIND. It was wonderful! Also, it was very nice to have something else to think about for a few hours. So anyway, goooooo Steelers! Yay.

Otherwise, I am doing alright. Suffice to say, this hasn''t been one of my best weeks. And now, our poor little Cricket dog is sick. She''s had a wicked case of the pukies and crappies. Both in the house. Repeatedly. But she is still eating and drinking and acting like her foolish self. And we haven''t had any incidents in the last 10 hours...but still. Has not been a fun day, week. Has not been a fun September, really!

Anyway...

So yeah.

Good luck to all the knitters and POAS''ers! Good vibes to all!!

And congrats again Pandora!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Lysser - so sorry you''ve got a sick dog to deal with on top of everything else. Hope she gets better very quickly!

Pandora - told you so yesterday! I definitely saw that first faint little line, and there was no doubt in my mind.

Mela - I''m in Toronto too - live right downtown for now, but hopefully next year when I finish school will be buying a house somewhere nice. Don''t quite know where in Toronto that will be yet though. How neat to finally run across someone from the same city! I was going to say the same thing as dreamer about the stats countdown - it takes FF a couple months to figure out your typical LP and put a more realistic test date down. Like anyone''s ever going to wait till 18dpo! You''re chart''s definitely looking great BTW. I''d expect AF around Thurs, but you could have a 13-15 day LP, so it might be slightly off. GL tomorrow with the testing - you''re still a little early for it though. Lots don''t get their BFP till even 14 or 15dpo.

Pandora - if you''re not absolutely opposed to induction, you could probably make arrangements to be induced a week or so early, so that you could go torture your FSIL at her wedding with a newborn. At least in Canada you could. :)

Robbie - I hear you on the waiting to test agony. The last few cycles the HCG I was on would have screwed up my testing anyhow, so I really had to wait until AF was pretty much knocking at the door. I''ll have to see how well my willpower holds out this time! I''d definitely suggest waiting till Sunday. I kind of think that will be 12dpo based on your CP, but who knows. You could always use cheapy OPKs to take the guesswork out of it. Either way, you''ve definitely covered things with the BDing.

Peony - your chart''s looking good!

OK, time for bed. Have to be nice and chipper tomorrow morning to go do all the C/S and epidurals all over again. Must remember to wear my compression stockings so my legs feel marginally less dead by the end of the day. Friday was a killer.

Kate

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Kate, hi lady! How are you?? Sorry I didn''t get a chance to reply to your last email. I was away from my computer for a bit. How are you doing? I have thought about you often over the past few months. Thanks for your kind words. I am still in total shock. It still pretty early along, but I am so grateful to finally get here. I wish you all the best and hope this cycle is the one. I know how hard it is and I am so sorry you are going through this. I swear when we finally got the bfp last month I almost forgot it took us 20 months to get there. I hope you get pregnant soon! xo

Wishing all of you ladies lot''s of baby dust!!!!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Pandora!!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
DrK, I almost missed your post! It''s nice to get some feedback from someone who''s travelled my path before.
1.gif
Thanks for your encouraging remarks. DH has often said that if he could do things over again, he''d do some type of engineering. He''s really great at working on novel problems, and he finds a lot of the problems in medicine repetitive and tedious. Oh well! He does like the human aspect though. I will be very curious to see what kind of job he ends up with in a year. The job market is so tough right now, but he''s thinking of going into industry which is always easier than academia.

We can definitely be study-buddies.
12.gif
I definitely want to go into a family-friendlier specialty, but I also think that I''m going to like doing procedures. . . so maybe anesthesiology or ER for me. We''ll see! Your hours sound SO great! I wonder if the US is different, because that''s almost unbelievable for here. Then again, I don''t know too many drs yet, just med students and residents. Take care!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results