shape
carat
color
clarity

The official Mid-Atlantic Blizzard thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
a neighbor helping his daughter out of the snow

vipsnow911.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
they were having the time of their lives!

vipsnow912sled.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
BF measuring the snow on top of some trash bins. that measurement ended up being 2 feet

vipsnow913.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
you can''t see him, but he''s trying to make a snow angel in the middle of the photo somewhere...

vipsnow916.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
one of my other neighbors walking his gorgeous dogs. one of them is a Husky and he was totally loving it!

vipsnow917.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My mom said Pittsburgh had 20" this morning and was supposed to get 5" more! Over 100k houses were without power (luckily my parents do still have power).

In CT, not a flake. I'll consider myself lucky. Take care to everyone with lots of snow!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, vip0802 - great pics! Looks like you got a little more snow than we did. Hey, wanna join a GTG at Intergem in 2 weeks?

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous pics vip! almost makes me want to get out and play in the snow
9.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. DH and I have been taking turns shoveling and resting all day. We are almost done. I have some pics. Nothing spectacular, but there are some with the leaning tree.

feb62010mcp.jpg

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Sorry this has the mini blind twisty stick in the way, but you can see that tree leaning.

leaningtreemcp.JPG

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Again with the twisty stick and leaning tree

leaningtreemcp2.JPG

I''m sooo jealoouuuuusssss!

I have not seen a fun storm like that in quite a while. Our winters have been pretty mild lately!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
My sweet Pete with his cute little blue collar thing. He did not tolerate being outside when he only had the size of the porch to run around in.

snowpetemcp.JPG

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 6:01:23 PM
Author: radiantquest
My sweet Pete with his cute little blue collar thing. He did not tolerate being outside when he only had the size of the porch to run around in.
adorable!
and that leaning tree is a bit frightening

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I made it home. We had two barn collapses with horses trapped. I think most, if not all horses made it out ok. I''m about a page and a half behind on updates here. Hope everybody is well.

Roads are still a mess. I''ve been shoveling for about 2 hours; about 3 more hours to go. I''ll post some pics of craziness later.

Treefrog

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaaand 2 power flickers in the last 30 minutes.

Here''s hoping we don''t end up with another power outage.

Loudon County already canceled school for Monday and Tuesday.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
No trouble with power for us, fortunately! We got something over two feet- I''ll be waiting to see the official total tomorrow. I''m from Buffalo, and this is still a TON of snow for me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 9:24:40 PM
Author: icekid
No trouble with power for us, fortunately! We got something over two feet- I''ll be waiting to see the official total tomorrow. I''m from Buffalo, and this is still a TON of snow for me.
Knock on wood we have power too. I swear , this is the most snow I have seen in AGES!!! Our road wasn''t plowed, but my husband used the snow blower and managed to get our DD back to Penn tonight. Thank god her car is here. Philly on those side streets are a mess, and the plows just put more snow on top of them.

We had a great time cooking, and having fun. But come tomorrow... I want out!!!
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 9:33:38 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 2/6/2010 9:24:40 PM

Author: icekid

Knock on wood we have power too. I swear , this is the most snow I have seen in AGES!!! Our road wasn''t plowed, but my husband used the snow blower and managed to get our DD back to Penn tonight. Thank god her car is here. Philly on those side streets are a mess, and the plows just put more snow on top of them.

We had a great time cooking, and having fun. But come tomorrow... I want out!!!
3.gif

I''ve enjoyed being snowed in today too, but starting to get antsy! Definitely not looking forward to digging out the cars tomorrow either. Glad Ash made it safely back to Penn!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
FI and I just came in from digging out our 2 cars... that took THREE HOURS!!! AHHHHHhhhhhh! I can already feel my body tightening up. Thank BOB I was able to get shovels yesterday, and even though they were FORTY DOLLARS A PIECE, and FI fussed at me for spending $80 on shovels, SO glad I did! It would have been a nightmare doing that job solo or taking turns!
14.gif
The shovels were those ergonomic kinds where you don''t really have to bend your back, and FI was totally unimpressed with them conceptually, but as a native MD''er, I know for a FACT that those shovels saved our poor backs from pain and misery! At least we were just tired and not in pain! The plows and snowblowers have already done their thing, so we shouldn''t get blocked back in. I was also amazed at the number of people driving about... where in the world are people going??? I don''t want to leave my space, I''ll be royally PISSED if someone takes my spot!
29.gif
FI said he finally understands why people put lawn chairs in their parking spaces... Um, yeah...

I can''t believe that took 3 hours! I''m so glad we did that today before everything freezes overnight, it''s going to just get worse as the days wear on.

I need wine and sleep...
9.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
We are in Central PA, here is our back porch!

porch3345.jpg

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
And here is my crazy husband laying in the yard- almost buried!

snowya342.jpg

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 10:17:10 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29
And here is my crazy husband laying in the yard- almost buried!
You got married on my birthday!

Very cool!
9.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 4:50:50 PM
Author: cellentani
Wow, vip0802 - great pics! Looks like you got a little more snow than we did. Hey, wanna join a GTG at Intergem in 2 weeks?

thanks cellentani! oh i would love to go to another GTG! are you planning to go on Friday the 19th? i won''t be able to go that day, but then again i''m not sure if i''ll be able to go that weekend at all. BF''s b-day is on the 17th and we''ll most likely be celebrating that weekend. plans are still tentative though, so i''ll definitely let you know sometime this week!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
No power outage!
36.gif

Not looking forward to shoveling my car out. We ended up with just a smidge over 2 feet at my condo. I''m from Ohio/Michigan and I don''t think I''ve ever seen this much snow. Who knew?!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 10:15:26 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29
We are in Central PA, here is our back porch!
This looks like our back deck!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow! These pictures are amazing!! I am so jealous... It just hasn''t really felt like winter here because of the lack of snow. Although, it''s been FREAKIN FREEZING!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
A few pictures to add, finally! Sunset Friday...

Snowpocalypse 2010 023a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Eerie glow Friday night...about the time the power started flickering...

Snowpocalypse 2010 032a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results