shape
carat
color
clarity

The official Mid-Atlantic Blizzard thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I''m in Eastern Loudoun County (Ashburn) and I can''t believe this! I thought the February 2003 snow storms we''re bad, this has to top that one!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We lost our power for a few hours but it''s back now, thank goodness. My son is still in the hospital, but doing well. Thanks for all the well wishes. I hate not being there with him. But his college and his friends have been amazing to him in our absence. Can''t thank them enough. The Dean of Students went to visit him. I think Trinity college rocks!!!

Stay safe everyone...
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/10/2010 8:34:16 AM
Author: treefrog

Could this get any worse? Outside of being wiped out and sore from shoveling snow, I guess I found the limits of what my body can take. I decided I had to get out of the house yesterday so I went skiing at Whitetail. About 2 miles from the slopes, I have to pull over... I got a little sick. Felt better after that so I kep going. I made 5 runs and was just too sore to continue. It was snowing pretty heavy so I really needed to get out of there anyway. The roads are pretty crummy in that area. I had to pull over again on my way home. I think my body temperature instantly went up about 10 degrees and I had to shed some clothes. I made it home around 3:00 and went right to bed. I'm feeling slightly better now. Seems flu-like to me. Temperature between 97.6 and 101.7, very sore, everything aches. I feel like I got thrown from a train and then run over by a tractor-trailer. Guess I won't be digging out any time soon. Work is obviously closed today. It's snowing like crazy right now. Can't tell how much is out there. 8 - 10' of new snow I'd guess. They're still calling for 10-20 in this area.

I'm ready to go back to Key West. This is insane. Hope everybody is hanging in there...

Sickfrog

Hey, treefrog, I read one installment of your story in the newer blizzard thread, but I don't care which one you post in. I'll find you! I always follow your anecdotes. I am so sorry you are now sick! Please take good care.

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 6:37:15 PM
Author: AGBF

Hey, treefrog, I read one installment of your story in the newer blizzard thread, but I don''t care which one you post in. I''ll find you! I always follow your anecdotes. I am so sorry you are now sick! Please take good care.

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif
No worries Deb! I''m migrating over to your new one. We''re all suffering through this to some degree... some just worse than others. Like I said somewhere earlier, it could be worse -- I could live in Haiti.

I''m feeling a little better now. Still haven''t ventured much past the couch. I hope to be out shoveling snow Friday. I''m certain work will be closed through Tuesday. Virginia whould be just about donw now. It''s still very windy but the radar shows the storm should be done here soon. My father is from Ridgefield, CT. I don''t think that''s far from you. I just checked and they are due to get 4-8" and blowing snow soon. Please stay safe!

Treefrog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results