The LIW Small Talk Thread

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 2:12:06 PM
Author: Miscka
Dust, Princesss!!!!

Out there=?

Let us know how it goes.
Holland, with a possible side trip to Germany.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 9:09:29 AM
Author: TopoDazzle
oooh, and freke, Loving the DBTY aqua, and the fact that I think you can know be called an early-adopter at Tiffs.
31.gif
What may surprise you is that is my second Tiff piece.
3.gif

Instant gratification for the DBTY, and I didn''t want to do a custom for the Elsa Peretti tsav stacking band...plus that was a birthday gift from FI.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So, it''s looking good! Mr. Manager told me to submit my official request, which means I''ll probably get an approval by the end of the day.

WOOHOO!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
DUST Princesss!!!!!!!!!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 4:22:12 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Dude, I''m a Christmas-aholic, and my dad dangled the German Christmas Markets in front of me. I want this reaaaaaaaaaaaally badly. And I loved Holland in April and I''ve been wanting to get to Germany....

Umm, can you tell I''m excited? I don''t even have permission yet, and I''m getting pumped.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 4:33:35 PM
Author: princesss

Dude, I''m a Christmas-aholic, and my dad dangled the German Christmas Markets in front of me. I want this reaaaaaaaaaaaally badly. And I loved Holland in April and I''ve been wanting to get to Germany....

Umm, can you tell I''m excited? I don''t even have permission yet, and I''m getting pumped.
Woohooooo!!! Hopefully it works out!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 4:46:17 PM
Author: sunnyd
Date: 8/10/2009 4:33:35 PM

Woohooooo!!! Hopefully it works out!

X2!! DUST awesome holiday plans!!! (did it get approved?)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
DUST for princesss!!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
good morning everyone
10.gif
35.gif

where you all at?
11.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:01:18 AM
Author: Bia
good morning everyone
10.gif
35.gif

where you all at?
11.gif
Morning B! How was your trip?

I''m around.. just busy!
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:14:51 AM
Author: elledizzy5

good morning everyone
10.gif
35.gif

where you all at?
11.gif

I''m around.. just busy!
3.gif
Hey! It was soooo much fun! We had a few crappy weather days, but thankfully 3 really great beach days. I gots me a tan!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:20:47 AM

Date: 8/11/2009 10:14:51 AM

good morning everyone
10.gif
35.gif

where you all at?
11.gif

I''m around.. just busy!
3.gif
Hey! It was soooo much fun! We had a few crappy weather days, but thankfully 3 really great beach days. I gots me a tan!!!
Niiiice! I haven''t had a tan all summer. I''m lame.

I''m glad you got at least a few good beach days in. That''s important!

Are you back at work now?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could tan... I just "freckle"
39.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:26:19 AM
Author: ckrickett
I wish I could tan... I just ''freckle''
39.gif
I tan AND freckle.
3.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:35:33 AM
Date: 8/11/2009 10:26:19 AM

Author: ckrickett

I wish I could tan... I just 'freckle'
39.gif

I tan AND freckle.
3.gif

see I can't even tan.. I tan like a lobster.
it stinks because my whole family has gorgeous olive skin and they tan and don't have to worry about the sun, but me... I swear I BAKE!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:23:12 AM

Niiiice! I haven''t had a tan all summer. I''m lame.

I''m glad you got at least a few good beach days in. That''s important!

Are you back at work now?
I am back at work
39.gif

Anything exciting happen while I was away???

I freckle too (on my face). FI was counting them the other day. 15 freckles!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
It''s been slow around here the last few days.

You know how I know I''m old now? FI and I turned on the teen choice awards last night, and I had no idea who any of those fools were!! Except Ellen and the Twilight kids. And Miley. Sad.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 11:07:24 AM
Author: sunnyd
It''s been slow around here the last few days.

You know how I know I''m old now? FI and I turned on the teen choice awards last night, and I had no idea who any of those fools were!! Except Ellen and the Twilight kids. And Miley. Sad.

ellen and portia.. I love them
30.gif

the the twilight kids because I''m a nerd

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Me too! She''s so funny! Well Portia is too I guess, her characters are anyway...

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Morning ladies! How''s everyone doing?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning LP, Sunnyd, and CK!

You didn''t miss much, Bia. It''s been slow through here. I haven''t been able to be around PS as much lately either.
7.gif

I saw pictures of Miley from the kids choice awards, and she had on a way-too-mini skirt. I also her dancing on a pole?
33.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

So, I have to say, I love M''s roommate, but he confuses me.

I was over there last night chatting with them, and M''s roommate, J, was talking to us about maybe moving out of the country. I am a HUGE advocate of moving out of the country (for a year or forever...forever for me, please!) so I was really getting into it. He asked why I wasn''t moving yet, and I said because M and I would most likely have to get married (visa issues and all of that jazz), and since we''re not ready to get married, here we are. J said, "Yeah, but you guys are practically married now. It''s just a piece of paper." So I rolled my eyes a little (internally) and said, "Yeah, but it''s a piece of paper I''m not ready for yet."

And he just accepted it. How do you go from saying, "Just get married, it''s only a piece of paper," to "Yeah, okay, I get that," in 30 seconds? I feel like if anybody would understand not being ready to get married, it would be a single guy in his 20s. And yet, SO MANY PEOPLE act like I''m doomed to remain the Swamp Monster from the Planet Lonely for admitting I''m just. not. ready.

Plus, I already had to talk my dad down from a ledge because me doing a little research about CDN''s amazing wedding in Mexico apparently translated to "Mom, I''m getting married!" and she talked to my dad who got all freaked out, the poor guy. So I had to reassure him, that yes, it was pretty and I did do some poking around (for curiousity and future reference), I''m not planning on getting married for another 5 years or so. Then the idea of me getting married was less freaky, and he actually seemed to like the fact that I found some place that won''t cost an arm and a leg.

But really, world. I''m not ready yet. So calm down on the wedding mania!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Princess, I would have to say he probably just didn''t feel like debating with you, I know I''ve done that where I''m just not in the mood to go into why I disagree with them, so I just agree with them to close the topic

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 11:58:08 AM
Morning!

So, I have to say, I love M''s roommate, but he confuses me.

I was over there last night chatting with them, and M''s roommate, J, was talking to us about maybe moving out of the country. I am a HUGE advocate of moving out of the country (for a year or forever...forever for me, please!) so I was really getting into it. He asked why I wasn''t moving yet, and I said because M and I would most likely have to get married (visa issues and all of that jazz), and since we''re not ready to get married, here we are. J said, ''Yeah, but you guys are practically married now. It''s just a piece of paper.'' So I rolled my eyes a little (internally) and said, ''Yeah, but it''s a piece of paper I''m not ready for yet.''

And he just accepted it. How do you go from saying, ''Just get married, it''s only a piece of paper,'' to ''Yeah, okay, I get that,'' in 30 seconds? I feel like if anybody would understand not being ready to get married, it would be a single guy in his 20s. And yet, SO MANY PEOPLE act like I''m doomed to remain the Swamp Monster from the Planet Lonely for admitting I''m just. not. ready.

Plus, I already had to talk my dad down from a ledge because me doing a little research about CDN''s amazing wedding in Mexico apparently translated to ''Mom, I''m getting married!'' and she talked to my dad who got all freaked out, the poor guy. So I had to reassure him, that yes, it was pretty and I did do some poking around (for curiousity and future reference), I''m not planning on getting married for another 5 years or so. Then the idea of me getting married was less freaky, and he actually seemed to like the fact that I found some place that won''t cost an arm and a leg.

But really, world. I''m not ready yet. So calm down on the wedding mania!
I hate that "It''s just a piece of paper" thing. Blah. It''s not.

I think its funny that whenever anyone in a serious relationship mentions rings, weddings, babies, etc... even in no way related to them, people start to flip out. Society is SO WEIRD about that sort of thing!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
question: do you guys check race/ethnicity when applying for jobs?

I''m wondering if I should...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 12:40:18 PM
question: do you guys check race/ethnicity when applying for jobs?

I''m wondering if I should...
Yes, I check the white girl box.
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 11:42:44 AM
Morning LP, Sunnyd, and CK!

You didn''t miss much, Bia. It''s been slow through here. I haven''t been able to be around PS as much lately either.
7.gif

I saw pictures of Miley from the kids choice awards, and she had on a way-too-mini skirt. I also her dancing on a pole?
33.gif
Dude!! She was wearing hot pants and a tank top through which you could see her see-through bra!! The arm holes were so big, Travis Barker style. And yes, she was dancing with a pole. And her dancers were no joke, anorexic. It was disgusting.

The she gave this big speech for Britney about how greaaaaat she is, then Britney came out, said "wow, thanks" (or something to that effect) and left. No hug for Miley, nothing. That woman is a waste of space I tell you!!!
29.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Bia, I don''t. I took a race/humanities class in HS and my teacher explained those things. I remember thinking...I will never check one again. But, now I can''t remember why
41.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 1:08:46 PM
Bia, I don''t. I took a race/humanities class in HS and my teacher explained those things. I remember thinking...I will never check one again. But, now I can''t remember why
41.gif
yea, Im thinking the same. I''m fine with it once I''m in the job, but for some reason, prior to getting an interview seems wrong.

Thanks!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 1:19:31 PM

Date: 8/11/2009 1:08:46 PM
41.gif
yea, Im thinking the same. I''m fine with it once I''m in the job, but for some reason, prior to getting an interview seems wrong.

Thanks!
I always check it, but feel weird doing so...like, why do you wanna know? Will I put you over your quota?
11.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results