shape
carat
color
clarity

The "it's so ME" antique dream piece thread

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dying!!!! Zircon, old cuts, tiara, engraving?? Swoon!
20220408_210826.jpg

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE This is so unique and really quite lovely! If you are willing to share the link, I'd like to check out the listing -- of course, if this is something you're debating purchasing, no worries if you choose not to share =)2

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE This is so unique and really quite lovely! If you are willing to share the link, I'd like to check out the listing -- of course, if this is something you're debating purchasing, no worries if you choose not to share =)2

Hey you!
No problem. This is a fantastic ring isn't it? The seller is on Instagram. She's deciding if she's going to sell or not... might be worth a dm!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have no idea how much this was as it’s already sold but emerald and sapphire are my kids’ birthstones and I love antique pears.

B1A20A01-1C42-4B5F-A11E-A6E4D32C193F.jpeg

This is soooo pretty. Can you link to the entire ring so I can see a profile photo? So gorgeous…..

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
This is soooo pretty. Can you link to the entire ring so I can see a profile photo? So gorgeous…..

It’s it just so perfect?! I think it sold a while back so it’s not on their website anymore so the pic I posted is a screenshot from this. They don’t really show the profile though…

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s it just so perfect?! I think it sold a while back so it’s not on their website anymore so the pic I posted is a screenshot from this. They don’t really show the profile though…

Ohhhh my GOD!! I'd sell everything I own for that! Holy cow!

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I've fallen in love with this ring! Emeralds and pearls, beautiful little gold flowers on the shoulders...

The seller offers a layaway but it's a pretty short period for me... But I love this ring so much!!! I don't know if I should just jump the gun (a little irresponsible of me), but I keep thinking how I'll never find another like this again!

Help me decide?

1650352834375.png

The flowers...
1650352885352.png

SapphireBomb

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I've fallen in love with this ring! Emeralds and pearls, beautiful little gold flowers on the shoulders...

The seller offers a layaway but it's a pretty short period for me... But I love this ring so much!!! I don't know if I should just jump the gun (a little irresponsible of me), but I keep thinking how I'll never find another like this again!

Help me decide?

1650352834375.png

The flowers...
1650352885352.png

Special enough to be irresponsible and go for it IMHO

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock

Help me decide?

1650352834375.png

The flowers...
1650352885352.png

How would you feel, if it would be gone the next time you checked? If that thought feels horrible… go for it!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

Help me decide?

1650352834375.png

The flowers...
1650352885352.png

Can I play devil's advocate for a minute? Those pearls look to be of dubious quality. The one on the left almost looks like plastic (always possible it's just bad lighting). And the prongs look like they may need some work. It certainly is a charming ring, and I'm a sucker for anything emerald, but I would want the price to be really good on this one.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Special enough to be irresponsible and go for it IMHO

How would you feel, if it would be gone the next time you checked? If that thought feels horrible… go for it!

Can I play devil's advocate for a minute? Those pearls look to be of dubious quality. The one on the left almost looks like plastic (always possible it's just bad lighting). And the prongs look like they may need some work. It certainly is a charming ring, and I'm a sucker for anything emerald, but I would want the price to be really good on this one.

Thank you all for your inputs !!! I started another thread because I don't want to flood this one... I would like some help with other options I'm considering and I'd like to leave this thread to those who have found their dream dream antique pieces :kiss2:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have no idea how much this was as it’s already sold but emerald and sapphire are my kids’ birthstones and I love antique pears.

B1A20A01-1C42-4B5F-A11E-A6E4D32C193F.jpeg

Regarding this ring - does anyone here know WHO cuts colored stone (genuine or synthetic) side stones? I’m thinking it is a speciality that wouldn’t be done by regular colored stone cutters. I want to remake this ring. Who could do this?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Regarding this ring - does anyone here know WHO cuts colored stone (genuine or synthetic) side stones? I’m thinking it is a speciality that wouldn’t be done by regular colored stone cutters. I want to remake this ring. Who could do this?

I would reach out to Sako cjd_sako on IG. His father, thegemdoctor on IG, is a stone cutter and has done many projects involving colored stones.

Here is an example:

Did you buy the 2 matching pears from SinCity?!?! I was considering purchasing them to have this ring remade too!!!! I checked this morning and saw that they sold and was kicking myself for sitting on them.

Last edited:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Help me decide?

1650352834375.png

The flowers...
1650352885352.png

Yes! :)

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would reach out to Sako cjd_sako on IG. His father, thegemdoctor on IG, is a stone cutter and has done many projects involving colored stones.

Here is an example:

Did you buy the 2 matching pears from SinCity?!?! I was considering purchasing them to have this ring remade too!!!! I checked this morning and saw that they sold and was kicking myself for sitting on them.

Hi Muluver, I did not purchase the two pears (but would have drooled over them had I seen them). I actually have two round stones in mind for this ring. I Have a feeling price of natural gemstone will constrain me. I should see what GemDoctor has to say.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Muluver, I did not purchase the two pears (but would have drooled over them had I seen them). I actually have two round stones in mind for this ring. I Have a feeling price of natural gemstone will constrain me. I should see what GemDoctor has to say.

When you start the project please start a thread dedicated to the process! I’m so excited for you!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

I found another ring that is very similar and I LOVE the profile! I think you can also probably get the baguettes on the side cut with emerald/sapphire as well!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results