img_2164.jpg
img_2167.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
antique sparler= LOVELY :love: :love:

great colour!

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
Not engaged yet, but my boyfriend (soon to be fiance, I suppose!) received the ring via FedEx today. We custom designed the ring together at R&R Jewelers in NYC. I was hoping not to see the finished product until our engagement but he let it slip. I will post more pictures after the engagement when I actually get to wear it!

Center stone: 1.72 carat cushion cut (dimensions: 7.69x6.49x4.50); G Color, SI1 Clarity
The halo is comprised of 78 round brilliants weighing in at .85 carats (don't have specs for color or clarity on those)
Platinum split shank

img_1444_3.jpg j2oknev1t0hcofb4vsrjzzkphxh4jx1fpo_7lyvorhc_0.jpg

madefordiamonds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Many thanks to PS community for helping me choose this stone. I love it and now thinking whether I should halo it or wear it with a more blingy band.

20130828_171154_0.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ewozobski|1379644496|3523934 said:
Not engaged yet, but my boyfriend (soon to be fiance, I suppose!) received the ring via FedEx today. We custom designed the ring together at R&R Jewelers in NYC. I was hoping not to see the finished product until our engagement but he let it slip. I will post more pictures after the engagement when I actually get to wear it!

Center stone: 1.72 carat cushion cut (dimensions: 7.69x6.49x4.50); G Color, SI1 Clarity
The halo is comprised of 78 round brilliants weighing in at .85 carats (don't have specs for color or clarity on those)
Platinum split shank[quote/]

Oh that is just gorgeous ewozobski! You must be dying to get this on your finger! I hope you're not disappointed that you've seen the ring prior to the engagement - but I personally think having a pic to look at makes the waiting easier lol! Please come back with pics after you get it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madefordiamonds|1379824696|3525123 said:
Many thanks to PS community for helping me choose this stone. I love it and now thinking whether I should halo it or wear it with a more blingy band.

20130828_171154_0.jpg

Beautiful set madefordiamonds! I just haloed my solitaire and I absolutely love it - so I'm in a really "pro-halo" mood to the point where I might be a bit obnoxious about it lol! But I can say it was the right choice for me - I didn't want to upgrade but wanted more finger coverage and hand presence and a halo did that for me. Your solitaire would also look lovely with a blingy band...but I think if you go a bit too large on the band, sometimes it diminishes the solitaire. Maybe you could try on some different sized bands with varying carat weight to see what you think. Anyway, you have a gorgeous set as is!

Oh, check out this thread, it helped convince me to get a halo :Up_to_something:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-to-halo-before-and-afters.130309/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-to-halo-before-and-afters.130309/[/URL]

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
Oh Junebug don't you worry, I will be sure to post more pics once its on my finger. I'm not disappointed that I've seen it because I pretty much knew what it was going to be anyway. He took me to the jeweler with him when he purchased the ring... He let me pick out a few things I liked and then kicked me out while he designed the final product. Even though I've seen a picture of it I'm sure I will be wowed when I see it for the first time in person.

I think the proposal will happen the weekend of October 19/20. We're a long distance couple and I am going out to Los Angeles to see him while I have a week off from school (getting my doctorate in physical therapy). I'll be sure to post more after it happens!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ewozobski|1379875801|3525302 said:
Oh Junebug don't you worry, I will be sure to post more pics once its on my finger. I'm not disappointed that I've seen it because I pretty much knew what it was going to be anyway. He took me to the jeweler with him when he purchased the ring... He let me pick out a few things I liked and then kicked me out while he designed the final product. Even though I've seen a picture of it I'm sure I will be wowed when I see it for the first time in person.

I think the proposal will happen the weekend of October 19/20. We're a long distance couple and I am going out to Los Angeles to see him while I have a week off from school (getting my doctorate in physical therapy). I'll be sure to post more after it happens!

Oh, you definitely will be! As pretty as it looks in the pics, it's going to be amazing in person - you will be blown away I'm sure! Can't wait for you to get it - but in the meantime you have a pretty picture to look at :cheeky:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
My reset 1.35 L OEC. Ring size 6 1/2.

_10421.jpg

_10422.jpg

_10423.jpg

I recently got engaged, and my FI got me the ring of my dreams. He is traditional and really wanted to get me a round brilliant. I on the other hand love the look of cushion diamonds. I'm so glad that he ask for what I wanted because I would never ever tell him that I don't like round brilliants if he got me that.

Center is a white colorless, cushion modified brilliant and it is about 3 carats. There is a micro-pave of double halo and the total carat weight is about 3.5 carats. I wear a size 5.5. I don't really know much about it, except that my FI is very picky so I'm pretty sure he got me the best. He told me the ring is appraised for 80k.

I am in love with my ring. I've been feeling some heat from my friends, but I don't really care what they say. I'm the one getting engaged, marrying the man of my dreams and have the ring that I totally love.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

20130813_181019.jpg

20130807_232920.jpg

1098028_10152108292653032_1488575514_n.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring crazy4cushioncutdiamonds!! :love: Looks beautiful on your lovely hand! Good for you for not worrying about what your friends say - take it from an old(er) woman - life is too short, just wear what you love, and what makes you happy!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you friends pushing you 'cause you aren't engaged? or they don't like the ring? either way they should MYOB.... I wish I had your thin fingers... :) congrats.. may you have a wonderful life with a caring man.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring.. it's exquisite.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Talk about finger coverage! :naughty: It's a beauty! Congratulations on your engagement!
I think you should make a thread about your ring here in SMTB with some more pics. :lickout:

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
whoa! beautiful ring. i'm sure anyone would be jealous of that rock!

Yes I've had complaints about the ring being "too flashy", "too big", "or why didn't I get a round brilliant like everybody else".
I love the way cushions look on my long slender fingers vs a round brilliant. Plus I love the finger coverage. =D

Honestly, I would never ask my FI to return it for a smaller rock or anything else just to satisfy other people. This is what my FI picked. I love the ring. I already know that no matter what there are going to be haters.

Thank you for the nice compliments!! I forget all the negativity when I look at my ring and watch it dance magically under the lights.

PS. I don't know how to start my own thread hahaha

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
It's your engagement ring and that's it should be something you love! I don't understand comments like that. :angryfire:

You can start your own thread here in SMTB by clicking "new topic" button in the left side of the page right under the "Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)" -text. :)

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
Yes I've had complaints about the ring being "too flashy", "too big", "or why didn't I get a round brilliant like everybody else".
I love the way cushions look on my long slender fingers vs a round brilliant. Plus I love the finger coverage. =D

Honestly, I would never ask my FI to return it for a smaller rock or anything else just to satisfy other people. This is what my FI picked. I love the ring. I already know that no matter what there are going to be haters.

Thank you for the nice compliments!! I forget all the negativity when I look at my ring and watch it dance magically under the lights.

PS. I don't know how to start my own thread hahaha

Why do people have to make rude comments? They shouldn't question your ring as long as you are comfortable with it! I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go up to someone and say their ring is "too small" so why would it be okay to call it "too big?"

I also love the cushion cut... just waiting for my boy to pop the question and I'll have one on my finger as well. No need for you to get something else to please those around you. An engagement ring never has to be anything standard... definitely has to please the wearer!

With all that said it sounds like your fiance made a great choice! Wear it in good health! :cheeky:

Thank you for all the support! I will definitely grab a good camera and take more pics to be posted in my ring's own thread.

I found some ring twins in pricescope. I really enjoy seeing others sparkling beauties.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
crazy, I am infamous for not liking halos.......but, honey, tell your friends to mind their own business! that ring is ****ing gorgeous and is absolutely stunningly gorgeous on your finger!

congrats for not following the pack and getting the ring YOU want for YOUR engagement. i'm betting they're jealous........and I can understand that!

you rock that ring!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous ring! Your guy did a great job! Your promise ring was a pretty good size too. How long did you wear that for?

luv2sparkle|1380509747|3529442 said:
That is a gorgeous ring! Your guy did a great job! Your promise ring was a pretty good size too. How long did you wear that for?

He gave this to me early in our relationship, probably to get guys to stop hitting on me haha. I wore this for about 4 years.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your stunning ring! It's so pretty, I'm going to dream about it this evening. Ha ha! Please post more pictures and from every view possible.

Here's one more using a better camera in Macro setting. My first time trying it out. I will take more pics and post it on the ring's own thread!!!

dsc03029.jpg

Crazy4CushionCutDiamonds|1380826510|3531571 said:
Here's one more using a better camera in Macro setting. My first time trying it out. I will take more pics and post it on the ring's own thread!!!

Here's the thread [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-my-dream-cushion-double-halo-e-ring-3-5-ctw.193961/#post-3531596#p3531596']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-my-dream-cushion-double-halo-e-ring-3-5-ctw.193961/#post-3531596#p3531596[/URL]

DC519

Rough_Rock
I have been waiting for so long to finally post my ring in this forum!

Double halos must be catching, because FINALLY my ring is ready to wear! These are photos sent to me from the jeweler
and it will be here on Saturday! Woohooo! :appl: :appl: :appl:

(The macro setting on the first photo looks like the ring is set off kilter, but it's leaning)

img_0911__2_.jpg

img_0864__1_.jpg

Congratulations DC519! Double halo cushions are gorgeous... But I may be a bit biased hehe

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! :love: : :appl:

Wear it in good health and happiness. :appl: :appl: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results