Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!! love it..

snowy812

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much. Loving this forum. All the rings are gorgeous :love:

gjw

Rough_Rock
ecf, that's just so gorgeous. It's so simple but classic and innovative all in the same. Beautiful! :love:

marhealy

Rough_Rock
becpics|1377427752|3509435 said:
Just picked up my Spessartite E-Ring Yesterday! Love it!

Can I just say how absolutely thrilled I am that this stone is ACTUALLY made into jewelry? My fiance LOVES dark orange and we were unable to find any commonly known stone in that color... tjen when we wrre at the natural history museum in DC he found spessartite and said it was perfect, but id never heard of it before and was in such a huff over whether or not I could realistically get it... you have made my year!

Might I ask how you went about procuring it? :)

becpics

Rough_Rock
It's an amazing gem and until my fiancé and I were on the hunt for the perfect non diamond e ring I hadn't heard of it either. We initially came across it called mandarin garnet.
We had our jeweller source a few gems for us to choose from (this was hard as there seems to be very few decent sized gem quality pieces around) the one I chose is 4.69ct and is vivid orange (like fanta) the photo above doesn't do the colour any justice at all.
I then had my designs CAD drawn and the piece hand made by my jeweller.
I loved every part of the process and would choose a spess again in a heartbeat.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful ring and adorable setting!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone this is my 24 year old round brilliant diamond - on its 4th setting, this one handmade by C Kirk Root in Austin, TX USA.. I had reset this stone with a heavy, thick band with 8 baguettes (4 on each side) my stone is 1.66 carat G/H color VS2 clarity, it's never been appraised with GIA but it's been appraised several times and always comes up with the above numbers, the baguettes came in at .93 carat(s).. I love this stone because my husband let me upgrade from a 1.01 oval cut (with visible ((annoying)) bowtie(s) because I quit smoking after our first son was born.. it's quite sentimental to me.. I took the ring to Kirk Root and they reused the baguettes - the baguette setting went from north/south to east/west - the prongs are platinum and the band is 14K white gold.. doubt this will be my last reset! but for now it is..

imag0282.jpg imag0284__1_.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty setting! I love what they did with the baguette stones! Your ring is just beautiful - enjoy it's new home!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you so very much.. I really like it much better than the previous one.. I have a picture on my old laptop and I will try to upload that pix also.. again thank you so much.. the stone means a lot to me.. (although if someone walked in the a 3 carat D/E VVS1 stone I would jump! ;-) that's my dream ring these days.. emerald cuts.. I know everyone likes cushions but go lala over emerald cuts.. someday (ha!).

gixxerbabe

Rough_Rock
Here is my upgrade ring that I received six months ago. It's a GIA triple X, 1.16 carat, I color, SI1 clarity. HCA score is 1.4. Plain platinum 6 prong solitaire setting.

p9022243.jpg
p9022260.jpg
p9022232.jpg

Supersleuth50

Rough_Rock
Tiffany style rounded knife-edge in 18 yellow gold including prongs. Diamond 0.51 carat. Photo taken with Samsung Galaxy S4 and unenhanced. I'm an understated person in many ways but I do enjoy my Bling!

20130902_0.jpg

BonniePharmD

Rough_Rock
Here is my pear - just reset into this gorgeous WG baguette setting...love it!
:wavey:

my_0.png

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
good luck with your proposal!!!!

boilerguy

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Here is a pic of the cushion cut diamond I recently purchased and am having set in a Ritani platinum ring with .15 carats around the band. My soon-to-be fiancé loves cushion cuts, I originally was drawn towards traditional squared cushions but really fell in love with this more rectangular stone. I guess one added benefit is the more rectangular stones tend to look a lot bigger!

Really excited to hand the ring off and hope she loves it! What do you guys think? I'm hoping she's also a fan of the rectangular cushion.

All the best,

Boilerguy

_9776.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boilerguy, I love that stone! Good job!

boilerguy

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the kind words, I really anxious to see her reaction! I was one of those classic cases of falling in love with a diamond and throwing the quantitative stuff out of the window :).

Pammy

Rough_Rock
Round 1.0ct VVS2/Color I
Plat 950 band 3mm

_9891.jpg

Pammy

Rough_Rock
My ring specs:

1.0 ct VV2/I color ideal cut
Round brilliant
Very good polish/symmetry
Medium Blue fluorescence