shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged with my dream cushion double halo e-ring 3.5 ctw

Originally I posted first in Show Me the Bling, and was told that my ring deserves its own thread =D. How exciting is that??

Finally after a week or so, I took out my camera and started playing around with the settings. It is really hard to take pictures of the ring.

All these pictures were taken in the afternoon so the diamond may have a hint of color ever though it's a colorless diamond. (I'm not a morning person.)

My FI originally wanted to get me a round brilliant, but luckily he asked what type of diamond and style I liked before buying one.

I'm not too sure of the specs, my FI kept the appraisal, and GIA report safely locked up. But I will disclose all that is known to me. He might have told me more, but I was too dazzled by the ring to pay attention to him haha. Kind of like trying to get the attention from a fat kid in a candy store...

Center 3 ct colorless
cushion modified brilliant
Very good clarity.
No fluorescence
Very good cut
Double halo 0.52 melee diamonds
Platinum setting in size 5.5

I am in love with my ring, but as I have mentioned in the other thread, I have gotten not so great comments about my ring from friends. I hope you'll love my ring as much as I do. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

20130813_0.jpg

_10550.jpg

dsc03040.jpg

dsc03063.jpg

only allowed 4 pictures post at a time...

heres a couple more with my poor attempt to imitate flower pictures. I only found these fake flowers in the house... Again taken in the afternoon sun

dsc03073.jpg

_10551.jpg

joolsiepetunia

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Holy halo! I love double halos with cushions! This is amazing with fab finger coverage. Congrats on your engagement :)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I think this ring is absolutely exquisite. It is extremely beautiful, and I can only imagine how sparkly it is. Ignore your friends. I have found that as a married woman people get a lot more "commenty" in general than when I was single. Are you finances separate or not? Do you cook him dinner? When are you having kids? When are you having the next kid? Some people's nosiness and rudeness knows no bounds. Smile, rise above it, and do what you damn well please!

It is an absolutely lovely ring. Wear it with joy, the way such an item of beauty should be worn! Show it off with pride, the way it deserves!

Sigh. So lovely... :appl: :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! Tons of finger coverage too!

Congrats!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It's beautiful on your hand!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats - it looks stunning on your hand. :))

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It's 110% finger coverage! Congrats!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow! I Just love this ring! Congratulations!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: Such a beautiful look on your pretty hand...I love the finger coverage, and it really does look perfect on you! Congrats! :appl: Don't pay any attentions to your friends...jealousy makes people say lousy things - trust me, your ring is awesome!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!

I didn't read your previous comments about negatives comments from friends....but my advise is just don't worry about it. You have a beautiful ring and a wonderful fiance. Concentrate on what you love and forget the rest! :appl:

Thank you for the support. I'm having a hard time figuring out which wedding band to get... Nothing really goes with this ring hahaha maybe I should wear a eternity ring on the left hand after being married and the e-ring on the right?? Any suggestions??

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crazy4CushionCutDiamonds|1380906486|3532160 said:
Thank you for the support. I'm having a hard time figuring out which wedding band to get... Nothing really goes with this ring hahaha maybe I should wear a eternity ring on the left hand after being married and the e-ring on the right?? Any suggestions??

Have you had a chance to try on any bands with it? I'm thinking a very thin eternity band or plain band will look pretty with it...although it looks lovely on it's own - wearing one ring on each hand is certainly another option. If you haven't yet, I would try some bands with it to see what you think.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! What a knockout!

I would probably wear a matching thin pave band if any.

DC519

Rough_Rock
From a double halo girl to another, I would recommend a thin pave band as well! However, I have seen some incredible thick eternity bands which let's be honest, are just fantastic. :D

But comfort wise, thin pave bands are the ticket. For some reason, I always think a thin rose gold or yellow gold one thrown into the mix would be pretty too!

And congrats to you and your new fiance--and yes--in regards to your friends comments, that's incredibly uncouth. There is only one acceptable response, in my opinion, to when you see a friends engagement or wedding ring and that is "It's lovely/beautiful/very nice" or "Congratulations!" and no more. Unlike shoes, or clothes where I would expect my best gal friends to say "Oh no, take that off and change" an engagement ring is such a sentimental piece and each one has their own preferences--even if it's something I don't particularly care for (which is fine, as I am not the one wearing it and my opinion of another person's ring doesn't matter!)--when it's an engagement ring or wedding ring, the beauty comes from the fact of what it symbolizes. Just my thoughts!!! :D Wear it in good health and be proud of it!!

Yes I've tried on many many different bands. I already have a thin wavy pave eternity band in platinum... But now I want a 3 ct or bigger eternity band... and it doesn't go well with it since eternity bands that big sit pretty high up.

Here's what I have now. I still think it's pretty but I might want something else..

Please excuse the poor lighting in the house... I had to light a candle to get more light

dsc03087.jpg

_10577.jpg

dsc03084.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that band looks really pretty with your ering! The only think about a curved band is you probably couldn't wear it by itself (for times when you want to wear just a band). I agree that a 3 carat eternity wouldn't fit well alongside your ring - but you could wear it by itself on your right hand.

junebug17|1380937015|3532511 said:
I think that band looks really pretty with your ering! The only think about a curved band is you probably couldn't wear it by itself (for times when you want to wear just a band). I agree that a 3 carat eternity wouldn't fit well alongside your ring - but you could wear it by itself on your right hand.

The band is wavy all around not just in one area, so it can be worn all around as a style ring. My FI thought the same thing until I wore it for him and he said it does look fine by itself. Maybe in a few years I'll switch out of the double halo into a solitaire so I can wear a 3 ct plus eternity band =D

I do have to say that I love how everybody was able to stack rings with their solitaires and it got me thinking... Pricescope really gives me tons of IDEAS haha

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crazy4CushionCutDiamonds|1380939047|3532525 said:
junebug17|1380937015|3532511 said:

The band is wavy all around not just in one area, so it can be worn all around as a style ring. My FI thought the same thing until I wore it for him and he said it does look fine by itself. Maybe in a few years I'll switch out of the double halo into a solitaire so I can wear a 3 ct plus eternity band =D

I do have to say that I love how everybody was able to stack rings with their solitaires and it got me thinking... Pricescope really gives me tons of IDEAS haha

Oh, that's great then! :appl: And you don't have to worry about it spinning when you wear it with your ering, perfect!

Oh I know - there is so much inspiration here on PS - It makes it hard sometimes to make a final decision!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!
Your ring is gorgeous!!! And I like the combination with the band. Great match. And if it's wavy all around you can wear it by itself when you are on a holiday etc.

Your ring has great finger coverage too!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That band is gorgeous with your ring. Get the eternity for your other hand! As for your friends; green eyed monsters. Each one of them would take that ring in a heartbeat! Wear it with pride!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results