shape
carat
color
clarity

THE ELECTION NIGHT THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:34:25 PM
Author: Krissie
I liked McCain in 2000. If he feels any bitterness, it should be for how he was treated in 2000 by the Bush campaign.

YES! I completely agree with you, Krissie. I liked him back in 2000 and I couldn''t believe he could back the Bush campaign after the way they treated him.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:39:46 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I know we promised no gloating, but I am sort of gleeful at the thought of Sarah turning all those clothes over to charity.

Back to those skin tight jeans and parka, Caribou Barbie...buh bye
35.gif
2.gif
Hate to tell ya PP, but she probably can''t wait to get back into northern exposure gear!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would really love to see footage of Obama and his family when they realized he won the election!
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:37:37 PM
Author: kama_s
Any updates on Prop 8?

So far YES is winning, it is making me sick. Rick and I voted NO. Only 2% of the precincts are in

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:40:27 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 11/4/2008 11:39:00 PM
Author: Haven
Date: 11/4/2008 11:31:07 PM
Date: 11/4/2008 11:30:06 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Date: 11/4/2008 11:29:14 PM
I thought I heard some boos for Palin, too. I would love to hear her speak right now.
I hope I''ll never have to hear her speak again.
Ha! Oh snap, q!
I have definitely heard enough of her. HOWEVER, and I know this is bad, I''d love to see her speak now that all that haughtiness is sure to be gone. No more smirking and winking, yanno?
Nothing wrong with a little schadenfreude!
12.gif

Oh, good! (Maybe it''s because I''m German, but that schadenfreude feels so right right now.)

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:42:16 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
I would really love to see footage of Obama and his family when they realized he won the election!
9.gif
Me too!
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:40:53 PM
Author: misspinky
Missouri is still undecided...I would love to see it go blue, even though it doesn''t really matter in the grand scheme of things

I feel the same way about NC. In the grand scheme of things it doesn''t matter any more, but I really really want to be living in a blue state.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock

Date: 11/4/2008 11:43:39 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 11/4/2008 11:37:37 PM
Author: kama_s
Any updates on Prop 8?

So far YES is winning, it is making me sick. Rick and I voted NO. Only 2% of the precincts are in
i just posted this over on the prop 8 thread:

the latest from L.A times.com:
Proposition 8: Gay marriage ban Yes 54.4% No 45.6%
Precincts reporting: 6.0 %

Linda, it makes me SICK too. everyone i know voted NO!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t multi-task like some of you! I go live a little, then come back and report on all of it! It seems that it may have been Virginia being called for Obama that put him over the necessary 270 electoral votes? If not, it must have been a Pacific Coast state called immediately after Virginia. Because no sooner did I see here that you said various sources had said VA had been called for Obama, than I heard a roar from my television. It showed Grant Park in Chicago. People were celebrating that "President Obama" had been elected with, at that moment, 284 votes. I watched the young crowd-black and white-and the total electoral votes kept mounting. People were interviewed. Then John McCain gave his concession speech. So it does seem to be all over now, although I will still return to the television. Mr. McCain''s speech was gentlemanly, but I did not like the mood of his crowd. They have grown too used to booing, a trick that he has used in the way he has worked his crowds, a very negative way, a very different way from the way in which Mr. Obama has worked his crowds. That is something to which I have drawn my daughter''s attention. She watched him address a crowd on television recebtly and he stopped every few minutes after asking the crowd what they thought and waited for them to yell their responses! I told her I just could not see Mr. Obama doing that! At any rate, I hope that the followers of Mr. McCain are not unduly negative to Mr. Obama in the weeks to come. Our country needs to come together as we did after 9/11 to dig ourselves out of this economic mess!

Deborah
34.gif

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
David Gregory, get a new suit!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I heard some boos for Palin, too. I would love to hear her speak right now.
DITTO.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FF and I promised the cats wet food in the event of an Obama victory.

They're GEEKED (and chubby...)

catswetfood.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH! What is taking so freaking long?!?! I want to hear his SPEECH!!!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:43:50 PM
Date: 11/4/2008 11:40:27 PM

Date: 11/4/2008 11:39:00 PM

Date: 11/4/2008 11:31:07 PM

Ha! Oh snap, q!

I have definitely heard enough of her. HOWEVER, and I know this is bad, I''d love to see her speak now that all that haughtiness is sure to be gone. No more smirking and winking, yanno?

Nothing wrong with a little schadenfreude!
12.gif

Oh, good! (Maybe it''s because I''m German, but that schadenfreude feels so right right now.)

Hahaha! I''ll be honest-schadenfreude always feels good to me! And I''m only a teensy bit German!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I say...I am not an Oprah fan? I know I am the only person on the planet who can''t stand her, but I can''t. Sorry!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I just stepped outside of my house to see what was going on and people are going NUTS in Philly! I swear I can hear the yelling and car honking all the way in my little neighborhood.

I''m tempted to go out and take a drive to take it all in.

I bet the celebration in the city tonight is on par with the World Series win last week.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 11:47:20 PM
Author: elledizzy5

They''re GEEKED (and chubby...)
YAY for the pudgy pudder-cats!!!
36.gif
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hahaha! That''s awesome!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:45:27 PM
Author: AGBF

I don''t multi-task like some of you! I go live a little, then come back and report on all of it! It seems that it may have been Virginia being called for Obama that put him over the necessary 270 electoral votes? If not, it must have been a Pacific Coast state called immediately after Virginia. Because no sooner did I see here that you said various sources had said VA had been called for Obama, than I heard a roar from my television. It showed Grant Park in Chicago. People were celebrating that ''President Obama'' had been elected with, at that moment, 284 votes. I watched the young crowd-black and white-and the total electoral votes kept mounting. People were interviewed. Then John McCain gave his concession speech. So it does seem to be all over now, although I will still return to the television. Mr. McCain''s speech was gentlemanly, but I did not like the mood of his crowd. They have grown too used to booing, a trick that he has used in the way he has worked his crowds, a very negative way, a very different way from the way in which Mr. Obama has worked his crowds. That is something to which I have drawn my daughter''s attention. She watched him address a crowd on television recebtly and he stopped every few minutes after asking the crowd what they thought and waited for them to yell their responses! I told her I just could not see Mr. Obama doing that! At any rate, I hope that the followers of Mr. McCain are not unduly negative to Mr. Obama in the weeks to come. Our country needs to come together as we did after 9/11 to dig ourselves out of this economic mess!

Deborah
34.gif
Deb: they pretty much called it right after the west coast polls closed as it was a given that CA, OR & WA were for Obama.

I hear ya on how McCain "works the crowd" vs. Obama

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:48:19 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Can I say...I am not an Oprah fan? I know I am the only person on the planet who can''t stand her, but I can''t. Sorry!!!
TGal, i''m right there with you.
she''s a bit too self-righteous for my taste.

total turn-off

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock

LOVES It! They are SO CUTE and chubby. I love cute chubby cats!!!!
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:45:27 PM
Author: AGBF

I don''t multi-task like some of you! I go live a little, then come back and report on all of it! It seems that it may have been Virginia being called for Obama that put him over the necessary 270 electoral votes? If not, it must have been a Pacific Coast state called immediately after Virginia. Because no sooner did I see here that you said various sources had said VA had been called for Obama, than I heard a roar from my television. It showed Grant Park in Chicago. People were celebrating that ''President Obama'' had been elected with, at that moment, 284 votes. I watched the young crowd-black and white-and the total electoral votes kept mounting. People were interviewed. Then John McCain gave his concession speech. So it does seem to be all over now, although I will still return to the television. Mr. McCain''s speech was gentlemanly, but I did not like the mood of his crowd. They have grown too used to booing, a trick that he has used in the way he has worked his crowds, a very negative way, a very different way from the way in which Mr. Obama has worked his crowds. That is something to which I have drawn my daughter''s attention. She watched him address a crowd on television recebtly and he stopped every few minutes after asking the crowd what they thought and waited for them to yell their responses! I told her I just could not see Mr. Obama doing that! At any rate, I hope that the followers of Mr. McCain are not unduly negative to Mr. Obama in the weeks to come. Our country needs to come together as we did after 9/11 to dig ourselves out of this economic mess!

Deborah

34.gif

I think VA might have done it, too! Right after they gave Obama VA, they called it!

I agree with you about the tone of the people at his rally...I just didn''t like it after how divisive this election has been.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I''m almost in tears on the other side of the world.

And this from my friend:

I''ll never be this excited about an Australian election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder what Bush is doing/thinking right now.
33.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:50:52 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl

TGal, i''m right there with you.

she''s a bit too self-righteous for my taste.

total turn-off

That makes three of us.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And Happy Birthday Elle!!!!!!!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock

You are not alone...I can''t stand her either.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 11:52:53 PM
Author: FrekeChild
And Happy Birthday Elle!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Freke, and anyone else I missed!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW- the Ebenezer Baptist Church is getting DOWN!
talk about a celebration

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results