shape
carat
color
clarity

THE ELECTION NIGHT THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone, I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread for tonight, similar to the "Debate the Debates" threads that we''ve had in the past. I know many of us (myself included) are very excited about the results of this election and will be at home tonight, glued to the TV and the computer.

Please follow these rules:

1. Absolutely NO personal attacks. If you''re not sure if what you''re about to post is a personal attack, then it probably is. Don''t post it.

2. Be respectful of everyone, especially the supporters of "the other guy." If your candidate wins, please be sensitive to those who supported the losing candidate. I''m sure those people will be very sad and upset, and we all need to show compassion. On the flip side of this, if your candidate loses, please refrain from badmouthing the winner and/or those who voted for him. We''ve all had plenty of opportunity to state our views on the individual candidates and those who support them. This is not the place to rehash those arguments.

3. Have fun!!! Breathe a sigh of relief that the election is finally OVER, and we can all go back to being friends again!
9.gif

Everyone, please feel free to add rules to this list if you can think of any more. Thank you!
21.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won't be able to be here personally, but I'll definitely be here in spirit Irish! Have fun!
drinkingbuddies.gif

And may the best man win, whoever that may be. I mean that sincerely!
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it rude if I''m on PS while I have people at my house for an election party???? I''ll have to stop in!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 12:57:09 PM
Author: Haven
Is it rude if I''m on PS while I have people at my house for an election party???? I''ll have to stop in!
Only if they catch you.
31.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Miss Ellen! We''ll miss ya!
21.gif

Haven, I have to confess: My MIL stopped by last night because it was DH''s birthday, and I was on PS for a little bit while she was at our house! LOL!
9.gif
11.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
After a bit of the an absence around here (I didn''t care for the bickering anymore), I''d be happy to be around if you''ll have me! Amelia goes to bed at 6 now (woo hoo) so I''ll be on shortly thereafter. I love election night...it''s better than watching sports.

Honestly, after reading a lot in the last few months, I think both have the potential to be fine presidents. I''ll be good with the outcome either way.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 1:18:15 PM
Author: TravelingGal
After a bit of the an absence around here (I didn''t care for the bickering anymore), I''d be happy to be around if you''ll have me! Amelia goes to bed at 6 now (woo hoo) so I''ll be on shortly thereafter. I love election night...it''s better than watching sports.

Honestly, after reading a lot in the last few months, I think both have the potential to be fine presidents. I''ll be good with the outcome either way.
YAY, T-GAL!!! We missed you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I have a riding lesson to teach tonight, but I''ll be home somewhere around sevenish hopefully, so I''ll be here then!
21.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for starting this Irish, I''ll b here!!!
1.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 1:24:07 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Thanks for starting this Irish, I''ll b here!!!
1.gif
Yay, Kaleigh!!!
36.gif

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
I''m anxiously awaiting the end of this day as well. I''m feeling pretty positive about my candidate, but we shall see.

Whatever else, my son will not grow up in the same world that many of us did. There is an entire generation of children now that will think it''s perfectly natural for an African-American or a woman to lead our country, and that is an amazing thing.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m interested to see how close it will be--it could be a very long night!

Also, Irish, I think your rules are great.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amen, Maggie!!! No matter which way it goes, we are making history today, and that''s a WONDERFUL thing!!!
16.gif

And thanks, NEL! Hopefully the rules are complete enough and specific enough, and hopefully everyone will follow them. After all the negativity that''s been going on here lately, I think it''s high time for some POSITIVITY!!!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Count me in! And I promise to be on my best behavior!
12.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 1:32:13 PM
Author: thing2of2
Count me in! And I promise to be on my best behavior!
12.gif
LOL! Thing, I''m glad you''ll be here! I''m going to try to be on my best behavior too!
12.gif
9.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could hang around but I hope to be eating and being merry at a huge bash (free food and booze who could say no!?!?)

If I''m lucky, my guy will win and I''ll be drunk as a skunk....(do skunks get drunk?)

9.gif
bama

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 1:34:55 PM
Author: MoonWater
I wish I could hang around but I hope to be eating and being merry at a huge bash (free food and booze who could say no!?!?)

If I''m lucky, my guy will win and I''ll be drunk as a skunk....(do skunks get drunk?)

9.gif
bama

Fine then, Ms. "I''m Popular So I''m Going To A Party In Real Life!"
3.gif

The
9.gif
bama is priceless! I am so stealing that from you!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

9.gif
bama
Moon, have a great time at the party! Hopefully, everyone will be HAPPY!!!
21.gif

And I love your "
9.gif
bama"!!! It reminds me of an e-mail my Mom sent me today. (She''s as big of an Obama supporter as I am.) She usually signs her e-mails "Love, Mom" but she signed this one, "Love, Obama Mama"! LOL! She''s a trip!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um...any republicans on this thread yet? Do I need a bigger bat to fend all you dems off? Who''s gonna protect me when you all get drunk as skunks and stomp all over me with your partying ways?
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 1:41:37 PM
Um...any republicans on this thread yet? Do I need a bigger bat to fend all you dems off? Who''s gonna protect me when you all get drunk as skunks and stomp all over me with your partying ways?
9.gif
Don''t worry, T-Gal! We''ll be nice!
9.gif

Besides, I''m hoping a few Reps will check in soon. Lucky, Sarah, Holly . . . are you out there, ladies???
2.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 1:37:04 PM
Author: thing2of2

9.gif
bama

Fine then, Ms. ''I''m Popular So I''m Going To A Party In Real Life!''
3.gif

The
9.gif
bama is priceless! I am so stealing that from you!
Haha, popular? Nah, I just *finally* got a connection to the inside scoop. I call it luck, not popularity lol.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 1:38:28 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

9.gif
bama
Moon, have a great time at the party! Hopefully, everyone will be HAPPY!!!
21.gif

And I love your ''
9.gif
bama''!!! It reminds me of an e-mail my Mom sent me today. (She''s as big of an Obama supporter as I am.) She usually signs her e-mails ''Love, Mom'' but she signed this one, ''Love, Obama Mama''! LOL! She''s a trip!
9.gif
Hahaha, your mom''s great!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

tgal, i''ll be around too so you won''t be all alone
35.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moon, I wish you could meet her . . . I think you guys would really hit it off!
9.gif

Mrs. S, I'm glad you're joining us! It's about time we had some more Republicans checking in here!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 1:56:43 PM
Author: mrssalvo

9.gif

tgal, i''ll be around too so you won''t be all alone
35.gif
Cool MrsS. If they come after us, let''s hold up our kids. No sane person would lay a finger on such cuties (and hopefully the person holding them!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well *I* wasn''t invited to any real life parties (wonder why
3.gif
2.gif
) ... so I might be around! Just got back from voting & feel relieved. Maybe I''ll get my free Starbucks coffee later this afternoon ... No Ben & Jerry''s around here darnitall. I feel VERY lucky that I live in a small town with no lines & easy breezy voting. So my thoughts are with everyone who doesn''t have it so easy -- no matter what your affiliation or heh associations
5.gif

HAPPY ELECTION DAY!
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be here! I''ve been lurking on this board and dipping my toes in, but I''ll be up all night (or at least until they call CA and tell me about Prop 8) and I''ll definitely be on this thread.

Is it weird that I''m nervous? My stomach has been flopping around or in knots all day.

Either way, there will be a few drinks involved.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY, Deco and Princesss!!! Glad you guys will be here!
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be around tonite, so i''ll pop in.

THANKS for starting this thread, IG!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2008 2:24:27 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
I''ll be around tonite, so i''ll pop in.

THANKS for starting this thread, IG!
No problem, CG! Glad you''ll be around!
21.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never wished I wasn''t an alien more than today!!!
1.gif
It''s gonna be a good day, CADs for my ring and a new president! LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results