shape
carat
color
clarity

The eagle has landed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
dee jay that is QUITE a stunner! enjoy it!!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a bummer that you are having these issues with your beautiful ring DeeJay! You deserve to have this amazing setting be just the way you want and I agree with the idea of sending it back to Kelege, however much a pain, if you feel that they will do a better job fixing it to your satisfaction.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy. Moly. It's a stunner for sure!

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, sorry for being unfashionably late to your thread...but your ring is just to die for. I sincerely hope that in May you''ll make another appearance at the gem show and I can see it in person...Wowser! Love it! Congrats!
36.gif

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Wow! I''m late to this thread also. What a beautiful stone and setting. But I have to say, it is so beautiful that I didn''t notice the gap until you pointed it out. I hope it can be resolved to your satisfaction.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been away. Sorry for the late comment. I just LOVE the arrow shots of your stone. The traps are just FAB. Hope you are very happy with this setting and these stones, once all is resolved.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness!! I haven''t been on PS in a while and found this thread. DeeJay... my jaw just hit the floor.
30.gif
That ring is so beautiful!! What a fabulous setting for your gorgeous diamond. I must see that in person sometime! Congratulations on finding that perfect setting!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Portia, bring your new kitty over to meet The Demon and I'll let you play with my bling!
9.gif

ETA: Once I get my setting woes straighted out we'll have to meet at that Caribou on Kingsbury some time.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Sounds like a good idea to me! Someone (or animal) needs to put Miss Zoe in her place! Would absolutely love to see your ring. I can''t wait til the next gem show....argh!!! hehe

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha - The Demon has had exactly ONE encounter with a cat and he''s never forgotten THAT lesson, LOL!

Gem show May 25-27 -- mark your calendar.
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now *that* is a grown-up ring! Dee, it is beautiful. I would vote for the extra milgraining. If you look up a photo of my e-ring I have two rows of milgrain on the sides of the sapphires and think it is a lovely look.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dee...The ring is BEAUTIFUL
emhot.gif
, but if you aren''t 100% happy then I''d fix whats bothering you. You have to live with it...until an upgrade
emwink.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Dee~
I don't know how I missed this...so I went looking for it...and proceeded to say holy ---- so loud I woke up the dogs who are now rolling around on the floor like pillbugs. WOW! Bummer for the problems, but add me to the list of believers that you paid a decent amount of money for that setting........so they can afford to have it done properly. Let us know how it goes!

Can't wait to see it! =)

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
dee*jay you have probably already seen these rings, but I came across an add for JB Star in a mag today and they had some rounds in a square hole kinda dealios, their website is all flash and I''m too lazy to screen shot the pics and copy them over here, and really I''m not sure you could ''fix'' your ring to be like those, but there is one that doesn''t have any holes around it, it has a milgrained bezel and graded size diamonds in the halo... anyway I hope things are progressing w/Kelege!! (I tried to find your thread in Rocky talky but didn''t see it so I''m posting here!)

Oh the website is jbstar.com, and its the by Rafael, on their front page it''s the ring in the middle...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flopkins, that is exactly the concept that I''m going for! The ring was on its way back to Kelege as of last night. The jeweler didn''t inspire any confidence in me AT ALL about getting it fixed, so now I''m even more nervous about the whole proposition. I guess I''ll just have to see what Jack Kelege has to say...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 9:31:59 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Flopkins, that is exactly the concept that I''m going for! The ring was on its way back to Kelege as of last night. The jeweler didn''t inspire any confidence in me AT ALL about getting it fixed, so now I''m even more nervous about the whole proposition. I guess I''ll just have to see what Jack Kelege has to say...
DeeJay, did you post about this and I missed it?? What did he say? And obviously Kelege is going to try and fix it?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, I took the ring over last night with a mark-up of what I meant on a magnified photo because it better showed the empty corners (in the bright bright lights of the jewelry store the diamonds under the halo sparkle up and the corners don''t look so bad--too bad I can''t live my life in a jewelry store, LOL). He said the same thing that he did when I took it back the day after Christmas; he didn''t think there was much that could be done at this point. But off to Kelege it went (diamond and all) and we''ll have to wait and see...

I guess I should bump my thread over in Rocky Talky and let people know that I''ve shipped it off.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think there are a lot of people who''d like to know. And good luck!

*keeping fingers crossed*

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
best of luck dj. keep us posted on what happens. will the jewler be contacting you or will you hear from kelege when he gets it?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Belle, I *imagine* that I'll hear from the Jeweler. I would really like to talk to Kelege directly because I think that would better insure that nothing (or at least LESS) gets lost in the translation, but the jeweler didn't give me any indication that I'd hear from Kelege.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2007 10:05:20 AM
Author: Ellen
Yeah, I think there are a lot of people who'd like to know. And good luck!

*keeping fingers crossed*

Ellen, I've bumped the thread back up in RT.

Fingers crossed!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 10:12:29 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Belle, I *imagine* that I''ll hear from the Jeweler. I would really like to talk to Kelege directly because I think that would better insure that nothing (or at least LESS) gets lost in the translation, but the jeweler didn''t give me any indication that I''d hear from Kelege.
yeah, that''s what i was thinking too.
8.gif
well, hopefully there won''t need to be much intervention. i will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
please keep us updated.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful!!

I love your wedding band as well. Do you mind my asking where it''s from and any other information (mm width, carat size, full or half eternity) you are willing to share?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Larissa, my wedding band is an estate piece that we got in Chicago right before we got married just over 8 years ago. I don't really know any stats on it. As a matter of fact I always thought it was white gold, but I've had several jewelers tell me that it's platinum. It is only a half eternity and the stones are *tiny*tiny*tiny*. There is engraving on the back and the sides, but it's pretty worn at this point (who knows how long the original owner wore it before I came across it.) Ironically it has gone not only with my original wedding ring but with all the upgrades that came after it!

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Ah, that would be why I like it then! I saw an estate ring awhile ago that was almost exactly like that, with the little box settings for each stone. I stupidly didn''t buy it and haven''t been able to find one since (the budget didn''t allow for it). It would only make sense that your ring was an estate piece. It''s beautiful!! ...and I''m still on the look out for a similar estate piece or a really good copy
2.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m soooooooooo glad that you decided to ship the whole ring to Kelege. I would bet that the quality control they exercise in finishing an entire ring would be better than the QC on just a setting, that has raw prongs and a big gaping hole winking up at them. I am confident that you are going to get just what you want, when the Brinks truck rumbles back into Chicago...
1.gif
But ooooh I''m sure you will miss it!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay I hope they can fix it!! crossing my fingers for you!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, glad that ring is going to the source for it''s repairs. It will be fine I am sure. Very good choice not to let the local setter put his hands on it again. You did just the right thing.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hey Dee-Jay...

WOW what an AMAZING RING
3.gif
..I am just loving your ring..it is totally up my alley!!!! Your ring is the MOM or BIG sister of my ring
19.gif
. I am including a pic so you can see your NYC relative. All kidding aside I really do love the octagonal halo with a round set inside. It really works for me..I just love it. I CANNOT wait to see more pics of your amazing piece
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Annette

laurentaylorring.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Oh I forgot to add that I showed my 6 yr old your ring pics and she said WOW MOMMY that is one HUGE RING...Can I get one that like when I am an adult?

once again..love the ring and I am sure all of the changes will make it look more amazing.

Annette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results