shape
carat
color
clarity

The eagle has landed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another penguin!

penguin 20001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARROWS!!! (Last one!)

arrows0001.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW!!! So FUN!! I was thinking the "on the tree" ones are kinda like when Victoria''s Secret covers a bra in diamonds ... THAT''S SOME ORNAMENT!!!! And then the gift-topping ones remind me of the Lexus with a big bow commercials.
18.gif
So I guess I''m a sucker for marketing!

I can''t get over those TRAPS ... ARE they traps?? I guess I''m just so used to seeing step cut ones and these are PRINCESSY or RADIANT-esque or SOMETHING SPELLBINDING!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!

And the BRICK is just PHENOM FOR SURE!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco - the traps are brillaint cut. It''s funny--for a brief moment I thought I wanted step cut ones and I *almost* called the jeweler, but decided not to at the last minute and now I''m glad I didn''t.

And I must be a sucker for marketing too; did you see that Coca Cola pic, LOL?

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I love all the colors that are reflected back through the "Brick"! There''s nothing quite like having your Christmas tree and presents dripping with jewels! Be still my heart!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 2:48:22 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Deco - the traps are brillaint cut. It''s funny--for a brief moment I thought I wanted step cut ones and I *almost* called the jeweler, but decided not to at the last minute and now I''m glad I didn''t.
BRILLIANT CUT TRAPS!!! Awesome!! I''m so glad you didn''t switch out for step-cut traps too ... it would have been a whole ''nother "element" yanno ... push it over the top of different things to take in! THESE TRAPS just complement it AMAZINGLY! They pick up on the brilliant cut center FLAWLESSLY ... winking their little flared facets out from behind BIG MAMA - *faint*

I want a BRILLIANT CUT TRAP PENDANT NOW!!! Bezel set ... YUM. It''s just so different-looking, but perfectly integrated and SPECTACULAR.

I just can''t say enough about this darn BRICK!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

the second and the last arrows pics you posted made me drool
18.gif

your ring is stunning!!!! congratulations!! I LOVE IT!!!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that is a boulder and a half
9.gif

Love all the different shots! Wear your ''new'' ring in good health!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous new pictures! That setting is so intricate and exquisite and the arrows in your diamond are sheer perfection!!!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
I''m drooling! Beautiful, beautiful! How big is your stone, DeeJay? I''m sorry if I missed it but I looked through this thread but didn''t find it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I LOVE the tissue paper shot, the silver bow, and the arrows!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you all had fun with the decoration pics. I went a little crazy there, but it was so much fun I couldn't bring myself to stop, LOL.

jenniegirlm, it's a 3.37 ct round. I was actually holding out for something larger but now I'm glad I didn't (can you imagine how big something BIGGER would be?!?)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay, WOWOWOWOWOWOW is call I can say. I saw the arrows too!!! I LOVE it, and I hope you can get comfy with it soon, never fear, I am sure you will! Anyway, it is lovely and stunning and amazing and I hope you love it too! And no band with it, it is stunning by itself!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Dee Jay, your ring is magnificent! I probably would lower the diamond a bit if it''s possible too, but gosh, that round brilliant is gorgeous! I love that last shot with the arrows.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a spectacular ring!
30.gif
(Are you sure you want it set lower?)

Giada

Shiny_Rock

DeeJay,

Merry Christmas to you! It is truly a work of art. You've done VERY well!

I think you will like it even better (if you can imagine) set lower. I too had to take my ring back to the jeweler to have the stone lowered and I never regret doing that. I'm even considering having it lowered again so that the girdle is even with the halo. Please note that we'll need more pictures of your "after" lowering!

Congratulations on a beautiful piece!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think The Brick might be going back to Kelege for a little more than just getting the stone lowered...

I would like them to modify the single prongs to double prongs, which will hopefully take up more space in the corners and do away with the gaps. And I do think I want the trap bezel milgrained. Oh, and now I have one dark melee on the side of the band, which I''m sure is just some polishing compound reacting to the amonia in the ultrasonic but I don''t exactly have an acid bath at home with which to get it off, LOL.

Oh lord, does it never end?!?

I really feel bad even going back over to the jeweler and giving him the list of what I want (and obviously I am fully willing to pay for it) but I know he''ll about have a heart attack when I walk in the door. Is this normal or am I just being High Maintenance To A Ridiculous Degree?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this normal or am I just being High Maintenance To A Ridiculous Degree?

You''re not being high maintenance at all. You paid good money for the setting - it should be done exactly the way you want it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2006 10:58:11 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Is this normal or am I just being High Maintenance To A Ridiculous Degree?

You''re not being high maintenance at all. You paid good money for the setting - it should be done exactly the way you want it.

I agree, for what you paid the brick should be PERFECT!!!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 9:21:04 PM
So glad you all had fun with the decoration pics. I went a little crazy there, but it was so much fun I couldn''t bring myself to stop, LOL.

jenniegirlm, it''s a 3.37 ct round. I was actually holding out for something larger but now I''m glad I didn''t (can you imagine how big something BIGGER would be?!?)

WOOOAHHH!! *wipes drool*

It''s beautiful just the way it is, goood choice!
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I just took a little trot over to the jewelers. Turns out Jack Kelege is closed until next week so I will be wearing The Brick "as is" for a week, however my problems have gotten a little more interesting.

Turns out there were *supposed* to be double prongs to begin with and the setter somehow melded them down to tiny little single prongs. Hm. The jeweler doesn't know if even the double prongs would be big enough to fill the gaps, but I'll be interested to see what Kelege has to say and/or suggest.

The stone is indeed set "too high." At least he and I agree on that. I would really like Kelege to set my stone but the cost and hassle of shipping it is pretty high. Is there a tactful way to suggest that the jeweler use a different local setter than the one that goofed up my prongs the first time? I don't want to offend anyone but seriously...

The bezel around the traps was supposed to be milgrained and for some reason it didn't get done. It's as clear as day in the catalog picture, and that's what I *thought* but I wasn't 100% sure.

Finally, one of my melee has turned brown. The jewler put it through two acid baths and steamed it, and it looks a bit better, but not perfect.

So, next Tuesday back it goes. Geesh.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw DeeJay, that''s a bummer, but at least some of your issues have been legitimized, hence you don''t look like the neurotic, obsessing, mind changing PS''r we have been known to be.
11.gif
9.gif
2.gif

As for another setter, I think I''d put it something like this:

Do you think the setter will be able to address the issues without any problems, or should we possibly think of having someone else do it?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha Ellen - I am DEFINITELY a neurotic, obsessing, mind changing PSer!!!

Yep, some of my issues are indeed "real" (I was afraid I was a bit out of my mind!) but the one that's the biggest deal for me is the space around the corners and I didn't leave there with any feeling of confidence that it can be fixed. And now I have an extra week to worry about that since Jack and all the little Kelege elves are off on vacation (not that they don't deserve it!).

And I really don't know what to do about the setter. My girlfriend got two rings from this jeweler; the emerald came back set with scratches all around the prongs and the sapphire doesn't sit straight in the basket. For some reason she didn't say anything about either one to the jeweler (although I hear all about it every time she wears them!) and now this thing with my prongs. I want to be diplomatic, but I do want what I want--and what I'm paying for!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2006 2:42:06 PM

And I really don''t know what to do about the setter. My girlfriend got two rings from this jeweler; the emerald came back set with scratches all around the prongs and the sapphire doesn''t sit straight in the basket. For some reason she didn''t say anything about either one to the jeweler (although I hear all about it every time she wears them!) and now this thing with my prongs. I want to be diplomatic, but I do want what I want--and what I''m paying for!
Well, now that this has come to light, I think I''d just politely, but firmly point out your issue and your friends issues and ask if there is another setter available, adding that, that would make you feel more comfortable. If the jeweler wants a happy customer, I''d think he''d try and oblige you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
p.s. I KNOW stuff like this isn''t fun, I''m the worst sometimes. But not when it came to my ring, and the money I was spending/spent. That''s where I drew the line and was adament about certain things, still am.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2006 2:02:41 PM
Well I just took a little trot over to the jewelers. Turns out Jack Kelege is closed until next week so I will be wearing The Brick 'as is' for a week, however my problems have gotten a little more interesting.

Turns out there were *supposed* to be double prongs to begin with and the setter somehow melded them down to tiny little single prongs. Hm. The jeweler doesn't know if even the double prongs would be big enough to fill the gaps, but I'll be interested to see what Kelege has to say and/or suggest.

The stone is indeed set 'too high.' At least he and I agree on that. I would really like Kelege to set my stone but the cost and hassle of shipping it is pretty high. Is there a tactful way to suggest that the jeweler use a different local setter than the one that goofed up my prongs the first time? I don't want to offend anyone but seriously...

The bezel around the traps was supposed to be milgrained and for some reason it didn't get done. It's as clear as day in the catalog picture, and that's what I *thought* but I wasn't 100% sure.

Finally, one of my melee has turned brown. The jewler put it through two acid baths and steamed it, and it looks a bit better, but not perfect.

So, next Tuesday back it goes. Geesh.
honestly dee jay after al you've been through I wouldn't * want* the jeweler to ask someone else to set it - I WOULD go through the hassle and expense of having it set.... if it's *really* that much to have it shipped brinks - then why not fly it there in person stay a couple days and fly it back hahaha - nice excuse for a little vacation ;D Or just have it sent to him.

And I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this.... I wonder if the rush to get it to you (or off his table) before christmas played a part in the rush? Best of luck!! Enjoy it in the mean time and make a list of things you want to tweak!

ETA: consider the $ you spend in shipping it to k is the money you saved by not going up to a 4 carat! haha - (well, and some ;-)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
WOW - that''s one serious ring!

I hope you''re able to resolve everything so you can LOVE it!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oh man deejay that is definitely a boulder!!!
9.gif

I am glad the jeweler agreed there was some problems, and you weren''t imagining things... I am uber picky about details, so I know how you must feel... regardless you should get things perfect for what you paid... if it were me, I would seriously consider sending it to kelege and make sure everything is exactly how it should. Sometimes paying extra for peace of mind is soooo worth it. (For me, anyway!)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wowza, that''s quite a ring, DeeJay! I hope the issues get ironed out soon so you can just love wearing that amazing piece of jewelry.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love that last pic....

I would def ask for a different setter. You paid good money, you should have a perfect ring. I second what I said before, you should get it perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results