shape
carat
color
clarity

The eagle has landed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, so Kelege doesn''t set the center stone himself?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, he would but because of the value I would have had to have the stone sent via Brinks truck and then Brinks''d back again, and I really wasn''t too excited about that whole process. So when he gave me the option of having the setting made just off the stones specs, shipping it here and having my local guy set it, that''s the way I chose to go.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, congrats on your ring! Wear it in good health!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
DJ if you ever get RSS from that honker your husband should have you commited. Congrats.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2006 2:33:30 PM
Author: whatmeworry
DJ if you ever get RSS from that honker your husband should have you commited. Congrats.

Um, yes... The happy hubby has expressed a sentiment along those lines!
20.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
OMG It's HUGE!

Congrats, what a beautiful ring!!! I love those crisp arrows...a truly stunning work of art! Specs please!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW
30.gif
30.gif
DeeJay, your new ring is FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Love love love it!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I think I hurt myself when I fell off of my computer chair upon viewing this beauty. Man oh man, Dee*Jay, it''s beyond beautiful, big, and delightfully blingalicious. Congrats on a great choice.

shay

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay, All I can say is it''s stunning!! How on earth can you ever get DSS from this? I hope that this is it for you [at least for a little while
11.gif
and now you can relax and really enjoy that honker! I can''t wait to see it in person. WOW!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any words......my gosh.....that is some ring.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Can you hold your hand up? The detail on that ring is....is....again no words. If you ever need someone to hold up your hand just give me a call.
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well now that I've had a full day to study it I've decided it's going back to get the stone set lower. It seemed a bit high to me when I picked it up, but I looked at the pics I had of the other Kelege rings that they showed me as a sample and this is just way up there. Hope they don't make a fuss about it!

For comparison, here is one they showed me with the stone set really low:

Kelege - stone set low0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here is mine:

My ring - stone set high0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to be such a nitpicky PITA for my jeweler but I had an EXTENSIVE conversation with him about how low the stone should be before it was set and he assured me it would be as low as the others I had seen.

Sigh.

Does it never end?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay -- only one word can sufficiently describe your new ring: MAJESTIC!!!! Truly awe-inspiring.
1.gif
If I were to see that ring on a lady in person, I would have to overcome my shyness and ask for a closer look. WOW!!!!

I actually think it works quite well with your wedding band -- they aren''t matchy-matchy but have a similar feel, and the band does not detract from the e-ring. That said, the simpler lines of the e-ring alone appeal to my eye more. But you really can''t go wrong either way.

AND....LOOOOOVE the arrows in your ring shots. Very sharp! COGNRATS!

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Just awesome. I adore big, encrusted, luscious jewels--LIKE YOURS.
3.gif
30.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Dee Jay your ring came out magnificent!!!!!!

You will get used to the size. You will bang it for a week or two and then you will be used to it.

I love the round diamond in a square setting.

Enjoy that big beautiful bauble
36.gif

And your arrow shots came out amazing....

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay- I agree 100% about wanting the ring set the way you saw it originally, it looks a bit better lower. and it would bug me too if it was set higher than I had thought. I had mine re-set (after making a bit of a fuss that the traps were hidden by their attempt to "smash" my 2ct asscher in a setting for a 1.3-.5 square stone)...and was VERY VERY happy when it was done right...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UCLABelle, I''m so glad you said that! I was starting to think I was crazy, but it really does matter to me. Also, I wondered if maybe I should have had them make the setting *a smidge* too small, but it''s too late for that now, LOL.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Deej, I would definitely have them lower the diamond. It''s great from above, but it would bother me a bit to have it that high from the profile. It shouldn''t be a PITA because you discussed this with them in advance. It should be what you want from the get-go. Congrats again on that beauty. BTW, how big is that massive honkin'' gawjus RB anyway?
2.gif

shay

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
dj, it''s GIGANTOR! you have done some serious damage there girly! heehee
9.gif
the stone is stunning, as i have said before.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shay, my RB is 3.37 ct. Honestly, if I had known how I would ultimately want to set it I would have gone with a smaller stone. (No need to tell my husband that, LOL!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 5:32:50 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well now that I''ve had a full day to study it I''ve decided it''s going back to get the stone set lower. It seemed a bit high to me when I picked it up, but I looked at the pics I had of the other Kelege rings that they showed me as a sample and this is just way up there. Hope they don''t make a fuss about it!

For comparison, here is one they showed me with the stone set really low.

3.gif
Okay .. now that you said that ... I *totally* agree! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ring ... but I did immediately try to visualize how it would look a wee bit lower INTO the setting. Right now I see the whole round outline peeking over the square halo ... and I WANT to see the square halo, filled up with diamondy goodness (the RB).

It''s subtle but I relate!

Man it''s gorgeous though!! I love the proportion of the traps (and am undecided if I agree about millgraining those bezels because the bezels are kinda thick .. I wonder if you''d need to milligrain each side - or do a double row of "beading" or something).

YUM! MERRY X-MAS!!
18.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 8:37:36 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Shay, my RB is 3.37 ct. Honestly, if I had known how I would ultimately want to set it I would have gone with a smaller stone. (No need to tell my husband that, LOL!)
Teehee, my lips are sealed.
2.gif

Wow, 3.37 carats is an amazing size. Will you adopt me?
31.gif

shay

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that thing is HUGE! it takes over your whole finger!! very commanding.

i agree re: setting it lower...!

clammer

Shiny_Rock
wow Wow WOw WOW

love it!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love love love!!! It is seriously a piece of art!!!! Girl, in a week (after DSS tries to bombard you) you'll be asking us if it's big enough.
2.gif
5.gif
It's perfect!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is spectacular!!! I would also prefer to have the RB set lower.

If it were me, I would not add the milgrain around the traps. The milgrain around the halo emphasizes the center stone (your focal point) and is also repeated on the shank. When you look straight down on your hand, you only see the RB halo and the traps. To me, the traps act like the supporting role to the RB and should be different than the focal point. Does that make sense? I am an interior designer and when I create designs - if everything is emphasized, well... then nothing is emphasized.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
DJ, Your new ring is gorgeous and it has some serious finger coverage! I love the side profile.

I agree about getting the stone set lower.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Dee*Jay, your ring is gorgeous. It reminds me of something royalty would wear!
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sun came out so I braved the cold for a few shots.

side14570001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results