shape
carat
color
clarity

The eagle has landed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is just SO drop dead gorgeous DeeJay! Like a work of art!!!!
3.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning! Glad it''s (finally) all good!

cheers--Sharon

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the recent "teaser" pictures
31.gif
that just wet the appetite for what you will post this weekend!

Your ring is truly perfection! I hope I run into you someday, somewhere, and you let me try it on. I think I would faint dead away!!!
What a sharing person you are.
12.gif

I can't wait to see what you will capture when the sun comes out! Please don't have any stress about your photo props, anything that beauty is on or near will just be a backdrop anyway. That ring IS the show!

I'll be sure to come back and check your thread this weekend!

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 12:47:50 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Ringplease, I believe that the Kelege setting you like *retails'' for a bit over $9K. If I recall correctly my jeweler quoted me an out the door price of about $6,500.

ETA: You know there are two versions of that ring, right? There is the one that you can see the profile of in the ad and there is also a version that sits much lower against your finger and that would not accommodate a wedding band sitting flush, but they are identical from the top view. (I have a pic of the second version somewhere if you want to see it). Just a helpful tip in case you do end up ordering over the phone so that you aren''t surprised if the wrong thing shows up at your jeweler...

Dee Jay, I didn''t realize there were two versions. I guess I should see both, especially with so much controversy over whether or not to have a 3 sided pave e-ring next to a 3 sided pave wedding band. If you find that picture and it is not too much trouble, I would love to see the other setting like the one on the website.

Also, I am a new to this process and perhaps I am being a bit dense today. However, with regards to the of the setting, for $6500 do you mean that is what the Kelege sells it to the store for and $9K is what the customer pays?

Thanks so much for your help.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay - glad your macro button is back in order. Love the photos! I think the side traps milgrain enhancement is very nice. I am glad they finally got in gear and gave you some good service.

It''s a beautiful ring.

Principessa5345

Rough_Rock
18.gif

It is stunning. Breathtaking. Love it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beacon -- turns out I had it in "movie" mode last time and that's also why I couldn't get the the flash to work. (Sometimes technology is beyond me...
20.gif
)

Ringplease, I have no idea what Kelege sells the setting to the jeweler for, but the *price tag* on the setting that I saw was $9k (ish) and the jeweler said that I could buy it for $6,500 (ish). (Sorry--I dont' remember the exact numbers off the top of my head.) So, what I'm trying to get it is that even if a jeweler shows you something with a price tag of X, maybe there is some "room" in the price.

I will post some pics tonight of the other version of the ring, which the jeweler had brought in for me as an option, so you can see both. And or some reason I'm thinking that the wedding band that fits with the higher version has pave on the top but engraving on the sides so there's no problem with diamonds rubbing together. Don't quote me on that though!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly a gorgeous ring, Dee Jay! I am so glad you didn''t give up on it when it was set incorrectly!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that after all the frustration and stress.... that is one STUNNING ring!!! Congrats and sticking to your guns and getting what you wanted.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, this is just such a fun thread for me, even though I know it is a hassle and a half, so to speak for you! I loved getting to see your diamond at the gem show in December last year, it is really just amazing in person, I loved being that close to such a quality piece of bling...I can''t wait to see it again in May when we hopefully will get together again for that show! You''ve really outdone yourself making sure you get what you want--that''s my kinda gal, LOL!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ringplease, I still owe you those pics. I pulled them up last night and a client called right when I was going to post them and I totally forgot. My apologies--I promise to get them on here for you!

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:07:26 AM
Ringplease, I still owe you those pics. I pulled them up last night and a client called right when I was going to post them and I totally forgot. My apologies--I promise to get them on here for you!
Dee Jay, not a problem. I am looking forward to seeing them.

I also emailed Kelege about the band and asked about the diamonds rubbing against each other. They said that the wedding band only has diamonds on 2 sides (genuis!!!) so it won''t be a problem. I just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone else was wondering.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that''s right -- I knew that Kelege has solved the problem of the diamonds rubbing together, I just couldn''t remember how!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ringplease, here are a few shots of the lower version of the ring.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops - that first pic didn''t attach. Let me try again.

low0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the side

low side0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This lower version is the one that I was leaning toward, but I was looking for a ring to wear alone and wasn't concerned with a wedding band not sitting flush. Too bad I don't have any pics of the higher one (god knows I tried it on enough times while I was waiting for the lower version to get shipped to the jeweler's!) but I never took any photos because I knew that I wasn't going to get that version.

Hope this helps!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My, my...I just don''t know what to say. There are no words coming from my mouth. Only drool.
30.gif

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Dee Jay, Thanks so much!!! Now I really have to see them both in person. I love the design and details under the center stone. WOW.... I love it too. I don''t know though... I guess I am pretty traditional in that I might want to wear the band. Oh the choices.

Thanks again for taking the time to post those.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, DJ, I love the detail!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been MIA for the past few weeks, but WOWSA! It''s amazing! Maybe the sun didn''t last too long today, but hopefully it''ll come out tomorrow.
2.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow DJ, your ring turned out beautifully!
36.gif
I know you went through a tremendous amount of frustration with this ring, but the final result is absolutely amazing. Please post more pictures!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for bumping this you guys - didn''t she promise pictures over the weekend like 2 weeks ago?? LOL!!!

dee jay.....
38.gif
39.gif
31.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes... I promised pics that I never delivered on...

My weekend clients have just been killing me lately (welcome to the spring real estate market, LOL) and I''m at work during the sunny hours during the week.

I WILL though post some pics at some point (but I know better than to put a time frame on it this time!)

Be patient my little chickadees--there will be more bling shots in the future!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 11:42:50 AM
Yes... I promised pics that I never delivered on...

My weekend clients have just been killing me lately (welcome to the spring real estate market, LOL) and I''m at work during the sunny hours during the week.

I WILL though post some pics at some point (but I know better than to put a time frame on it this time!)

Be patient my little chickadees--there will be more bling shots in the future!
okay okay.... but answer me this.... how are you feeling about it these days? You''ve had it on your finger for longer than ever now... are you in love?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Cehra, I really am kind of in love! *Every once in a while* I let the corners nag at me a little bit, but that''s so few and far between now, and so much outweighed and outnumbered by the times that I look at my hand and go OMG this thing is GORGEOUS! that I''m ok with it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 8:11:35 PM
LOL Cehra, I really am kind of in love! *Every once in a while* I let the corners nag at me a little bit, but that''s so few and far between now, and so much outweighed and outnumbered by the times that I look at my hand and go OMG this thing is GORGEOUS! that I''m ok with it.
this is excellent news!!! Now we just need more pics!! hahaha ;-)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 8:11:35 PM
glad you''re feeling the love for your beautiful ring deejay!
30.gif
36.gif

now.....what does it look like again?
11.gif
9.gif

we need more pics woman!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad you are in love with it!!! I think the corner thing looks completely nonexistent...it''s just divine, seriously!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m meeting dee jay tomorrow night for dinner and I''ll be taking pics
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results