shape
carat
color
clarity

The eagle has landed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been out of town and missed your update Dee Jay. Your ring looks wonderful and I think lowering the stone made a significant improvment in the overall look of the design. I hope that the discolored melee issue can be resolved quickly so we can get this beauty on your finger! Keep us posted and remember that we never get tired of seeing your ring.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay that is breathtaking!!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It really looks great with the stone lowered! Congrats and wear it in the best of health!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 10:46:11 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 2/13/2007 10:38:29 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 2/12/2007 8:33:23 PM

I promise better pics than this when it comes back. (But at least you can see the milgrained traps in this one.)

Dee Jay - have you thought about the poor dwarves? Where are they going to work? I hope you''re prepared to offer up some unemployment or something!!! ;-) (looks great!!!)

ROFL -- I totally forgot about the dwarves! Maybe they could work on *your* ring next!
9.gif
Mine won''t be a diamond cave though LOL Good thing you''re in real estate ;-)

So when do we get MORE pics?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 10:12:09 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Mine won''t be a diamond cave though LOL Good thing you''re in real estate ;-)

So when do we get MORE pics?
BUMP!!
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I personally LOVE the milgrain but the more milgrain the better IMHO. The most important thing is that you love it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to be so late chiming in, but WOW, the modifications have done remarkable wonders!

Like Deco, I really did think that lowering the stone would take care of the corners problem, and it seems to have made a vast difference.

YAY - hope the melee issue is resolved as handily!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I was a day late taking it back to the jeweler because of the blizzard, so it didn't even head back to Kelege until last Wednesday. I made it VERY CLEAR that I'm not waiting any ridiculous amount of time for the melee to be fixed, so hopefully it will reappear here soon.

And thanks to all of you who chimed in lately with the nice comments--I didn't even see this thread bumped on the 18th so sorry if anyone thinks I was ignoring them!

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
I hope it gets back to you soon! I love it with the lower stone. That is one fabulous ring!
21.gif

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Hello Dee Jay-
I contacted Mike Gale yesterday about a custom setting. I would like to replicate the Danhov ME6 design. http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno_collection_by_danhov.asp?module=setting&cid=294&item=88
He quoted me a great price, almost half of the designers cost. I was wondering if you have any experience with pave work done by Mike Gale.
I am hesitant to get this setting since there is a lot of pave and i really don''t want to deal with loss stones. Any advise would be really helpful. Thank you- Lucy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucy, Mike has had several pieces made for me over the years. I have never had him make a pave piece so I can''t give you a first hand account in terms of wear, but he has shown me several paves pieces and they have all been of truly wonderful quality. And yes, I find Mike''s prices to be better than anyone else. I have never been disappointed in anything I''ve worked on with him.

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
I have been browsing this forum for a while and I have been following the progress of your ring. I am so sorry about all of the challenges and I hope that it finally gets resolved. The details are spectacular and it is such a unique design. So Beautiful!!!

I have actually been considering some Kelege settings, especially the Imerperial Crown Collection as seen in the middle of the www.jackkelege.com site. Please keep us posted on your progress and thoughts of how Kelege has finally fixed the problem. I hope they give you the customer service you deserve!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been delinquent in posting but my ring actually came back last week. They changed out the melee (it is perfect--you can''t event tell which ones were worked on) and apparently Kelege was not satisfied with the milgraining on the traps that the local person did so they polished it off and redid it themselves (!). And let me just say that the turnaround was rather quick this time (I guess my e-mail lit a fire under someone so that it was not languishing in the Brinks delivery area or on the workbench like it did the last time, LOL).

Ringplease, the setting that you link to was the other one that I was seriously considering. It is just gorgeous!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to hear your ring is finally finished! It is unbelieveably beautiful. Any chance of a few more pictures?
26.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2007 9:25:22 AM
I''ve been delinquent in posting but my ring actually came back last week. They changed out the melee (it is perfect--you can''t event tell which ones were worked on) and apparently Kelege was not satisfied with the milgraining on the traps that the local person did so they polished it off and redid it themselves (!). And let me just say that the turnaround was rather quick this time (I guess my e-mail lit a fire under someone so that it was not languishing in the Brinks delivery area or on the workbench like it did the last time, LOL).

Ringplease, the setting that you link to was the other one that I was seriously considering. It is just gorgeous!
Ah hemm..............I think we need pictures!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So are you wearing it now DeeJay???

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no such thing as a secret here on PS, is there, LOL!

Yes, I have it on my hand as I type. If anyone is still interested I could try to get some more pics when (a) the sun is actually out and (b) I''m home during this alleged sunshine so I can get decent shots. But really, I hate to bore you all with more pics of the same ring over and over...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 2:08:55 PM
. But really, I hate to bore you all with more pics of the same ring over and over...
Honestly, DeeJay...you know better than that!!
38.gif
It would be IMPOSSIBLE to bore us with pictures of that gorgeous ring!!

Get going, Girl! We want to see TONS!!!

widget

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are we interested? Is the Pope Catholic??
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock

...bore you all with more pics of the same ring over and over...

Bore us with pictures of your gorgeous ring??? In what alternate universe!!! Of course we want to see more pictures, DeeJay! I''m really interested and hope that it turned out happily for you. I''ve been wondering when they would be done with your ring.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, I have it on my hand as I type. If anyone is still interested I could try to get some more pics when (a) the sun is actually out and (b) I''m home during this alleged sunshine so I can get decent shots. But really, I hate to bore you all with more pics of the same ring over and over...
Excuse me........the sun is out right now Miss Dee Jay!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2007 3:35:04 PM
Author: Catmom

Excuse me........the sun is out right now Miss Dee Jay!

I know... but I am at work...
8.gif
And the sun most likely *won''t* still be out when I get home tonight...
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another vote for more pics..of course I can''t wait to see it in person in a couple of weeks
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 4:17:17 PM
Author: mrssalvo
another vote for more pics..of course I can''t wait to see it in person in a couple of weeks
36.gif
Yes more pics, take as many as you like, you know we live for them!! And lucky you mrssalvo who gets to see it in person soon!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2007 4:49:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/5/2007 4:17:17 PM
Author: mrssalvo
36.gif
Yes more pics, take as many as you like, you know we live for them!! And lucky you mrssalvo who gets to see it in person soon!!!
36.gif
Ditto to all of the above!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

If anyone is still interested I could try to get some more pics ............

SURELY you JEST.........

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh come on now DeeJay you know we want more pictures, we always want more pictures!
9.gif
Are you feeling happier with it now or is it too soon to say?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am curious too! I think she is too busy over in the workout thread
31.gif
31.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I did the best I could in the fast fading light of afternoon. Here is my compromise: I will post a few of the so-so shots now but this weekend I will commit to a bunch more really good ones.

And Sundial, I waver between loving it and being crazed by the corners, but it really is quite a bit better and I think I will be OK with them over time.

Funny story, tonight one of my girlfriends and I went to Red Lobster for dinner (Dee hangs head in shame... !) and one of the waitresses came over and almost slobbered on my hand. I offered her my ring to try on but she said she was afraid she might hurt it somehow and didn''t dare touch it, LOL. Then, our waiter came over at the end of our meal and said that my ring was the talk of the restaurant and one of the other customers had even asked if I was a celebrity. Ha--my 5 minutes of (almost) fame!!!

Anyway, here are some pics. For some reason the prongs look really prominent in the photos, but they truly aren''t in real life...

full0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

full20001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results