shape
carat
color
clarity

The December LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yuck AMS! That sucks.

It''s snowing like crazy here right now, but not sticking...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, there is more snow expected sometime this afternoon and then again later this week...
14.gif
I'm ready for spring! lol
36.gif
(After Christmas that is.
27.gif
)

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 1:42:10 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Oh yeah, there is more snow expected sometime this afternoon and then again later this week...
14.gif
I''m ready for spring! lol
36.gif
(After Christmas that is.
27.gif
)
I must have missed that part of the weather forecast!! SNOW??? REALLY?? Alot??? Well all I heard was that "We''ll warm up by Wednesday...34 degrees" I thought to myself....that''s not warm
33.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, every channel is different
20.gif
They said a light to medium accumulation.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
In Seattle, snow is a rare occurrence, and it''s usually around high 30s-40s. Well this week the highs are in the high 20s and it could snow like crazy!!! This is not right. It''s soooo cold. And basically the city shuts down when it snows because of all the hills. Oy. I don''t know how you guys do it!
32.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
haha! I was just telling my coworkers that S sent me an email and where he is from (Minnesota) it''s going to be -30 tonight. I couldn''t ever do that!!! I hate the cold but usually here in Denver it doesn''t get THIS cold very often.........I need a trip to Hawaii right about now. mmmmm hot sun...

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
-30!! Now that''s cold...I won''t complain anymore!

Oh Dreamgirl!!! Hawaii sounds wonderful! FF and I went in July and it was wonderful!!!

Here''s a picture that you can daydream to
9.gif

Hawaii.JPG

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
UUUh! That looks GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Now that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I''d really like to get out to Hawaii one of these days. We just might go for our honeymoon.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
It snowed here all day yesterday too and will be below freezing all week, so the snow is still on the ground. It''s supposed to snow again Wednesday. Brrrr!

I love it, though--yay snow!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Portland got hit hard I heard, up to 24" in some places!! Is that right? Our snow is still on the ground too, luckily the roads are dry in most spots...until Wednesday!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It is cold and raining in SAN DIEGO....that''s just wrong :(.

Oh well, that meant a slow day in the clinic because no one showed up, I actually had some time to breathe, it was nice :).

My boyfriend is so sweet!! He put new windshield wiper blades on my car in -15 degree weather/ -27 windchill
32.gif
23.gif
4.gif

edit: I'm in MN too

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yikes! I feel bad complaining about 38 degrees in NJ after reading that. We''ve already hit the high temp for the day, and its downhill from here.
14.gif
Supposedly, that storm system is moving across most of the country, and leaving everyone just chilled to the bone.

BTW, the Christmas forecast is up on accuweather now, and its predicting a white Christmas!
21.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Its a freezing 19 degrees here in Indiana too! I was hoping when FF''s company told us we would be moving that it would be to someplace warm, instead we have to go to Pennsylvania where the winters are worse than here! Oh well, at least we''ll be together...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
35 degress in NYC (feels like 27) with a mix of Sleet/Rain/Snow... >>

I can''t wait to go home, put a fire on, and watch the BIGGEST LOSER Finale!!! (Yay!!!)
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 9:02:02 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
Yikes! I feel bad complaining about 38 degrees in NJ after reading that. We''ve already hit the high temp for the day, and its downhill from here.
14.gif
Supposedly, that storm system is moving across most of the country, and leaving everyone just chilled to the bone.

BTW, the Christmas forecast is up on accuweather now, and its predicting a white Christmas!
21.gif
It''s from Alaska! Sarah Palin is having her revenge on the country!!!
32.gif
9.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 10:37:07 AM
Author: Bia
35 degress in NYC (feels like 27) with a mix of Sleet/Rain/Snow... <<<brrrrrr>>>

I can''t wait to go home, put a fire on, and watch the BIGGEST LOSER Finale!!! (Yay!!!)
36.gif

DITTO!!! I can''t wait to see who wins...and what everyone looks like now!!!
36.gif

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Hey folks!
3.gif

I was debating on whether to start my own thread regarding this, but -shrugs- Figured I might as well post here instead
5.gif

At any rate.. have any of y'all been to The Melting Pot before?

Tomorrow is me and my boyfriend's 3 year anniversary, and we're planning on going there for dinner
4.gif

I'm in the middle of making the reservation online, and I need some advice on which seating request option is more preferable: 1) Corner booth if possible 2) Private if possible
33.gif

Also.. anyone have any recommendations on what yummy stuff we should try?
10.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Never been there but its SUPER expensive.

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 12:31:06 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Never been there but its SUPER expensive.
Yeah.. it looks like it might be kind of pricey, but it seems like it would be appropriate occasion to splurge a little
37.gif

I''m sure that my boyfriend is starting to hate this month
2.gif

My birthday, our anniversary, and Christmas all happen to fall in December..

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 12:12:38 PM
Author: Lexie
Hey folks!
3.gif

I was debating on whether to start my own thread regarding this, but -shrugs- Figured I might as well post here instead
5.gif

At any rate.. have any of y'all been to The Melting Pot before?

Tomorrow is me and my boyfriend's 3 year anniversary, and we're planning on going there for dinner
4.gif

I'm in the middle of making the reservation online, and I need some advice on which seating request option is more preferable: 1) Corner booth if possible 2) Private if possible
33.gif

Also.. anyone have any recommendations on what yummy stuff we should try?
10.gif
iI've been once. It was good but I think its more of an experience than anything. I can see how it would be very romantic to go with your SO but I went with a bunch of girls for a bachelorette party...still fun but more novelty-ish.

I would try just the cheese and dessert fondues. I didn't like the main course options at all. Its basically a flavored broth where you dip various bits of meats and fish--wasn't a big deal. The cheeses were really good (cheddar/spinach and mexican cheeses) and the chocolate fondues were really good. As I said, I only went once, so your place might be better than where I went. They do have private rooms, so if you can get a private table, that'd be really nice.

Happy Anniversary!!!
36.gif

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 1:03:36 PM
Author: Bia
iI've been once. It was good but I think its more of an experience than anything. I can see how it would be very romantic to go with your SO but I went with a bunch of girls for a bachelorette party...still fun but more novelty-ish.

I would try just the cheese and dessert fondues. I didn't like the main course options at all. Its basically a flavored broth where you dip various bits of meats and fish--wasn't a big deal. The cheeses were really good (cheddar/spinach and mexican cheeses) and the chocolate fondues were really good. As I said, I only went once, so your place might be better than where I went. They do have private rooms, so if you can get a private table, that'd be really nice.

Happy Anniversary!!!
36.gif

Thank you very much for your suggestions and observations, Bia!

We're definitely aiming for something romantic, so hopefully this will fit the bill
12.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
One idea is to go for happy hour and just do the appetizer/cheese fondue there. Way less expensive ($10 for fondue for two people!) and you still get the best part!

P.S. It is still below freezing here (24 degrees and hasn't gotten above 28 since Saturday night) with 20 mph winds. The only plus side is that work has been canceled, so at least I get a long weekend!

prettylnpink419

Shiny_Rock
I LOOOVE the Melting Pot! It''s my fav...but definitely pricey so it''s usually a special occasion type place for us. I love the fiesta cheese and I''m a big fan of their house salad and the chicken, it''s got great spices on it. The desserts are to die for! You can''t go wrong with any of them! I''m so jealous!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Mmm Melting Pot...I''ve only been there once and we did the couples dinner or whatever they call it. I think it was $60 (?) but it was a freakin tonne of food! Appy, dinner and dessert! Oh man, I''m hungry and there''s still 1 hour till lunch!
18.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Uh oh ladies!
6.gif
40.gif
I called S to talk to him about something and he didn''t seem very happy. He told me he isn''t ''in a good mental state right now'' he is thinking about leaving work. So I said "why, is something wrong?" and he said "yeah, it''s overwhelming" So then I told him "maybe you should go home then" and he said "maybe I will" So I told him I will talk to him later about what I wanted to talk to him about.
32.gif

I hope he didn''t find out they are closing up business or something bad like that. He''s been pretty frustrated there lately because they have had several lay-offs and have kept dumping EVERYTHING on him (he has been there for 9 years.) Of course, he has been looking for that ''career'' job since this fall. Hasn''t found anything yet....

Oh god, I hope it isn''t anything too too bad. He is so crazy about the economy stuff right now to begin with.
20.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, Dream. I hope its not too serious. Keep us posted...

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
*Hugs* Dreamgirl--I hope everything is ok!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I tried calling him at home but no answer so he must still be at work. I just emailed him to see if he is ok or not....

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Dream I hope everything is alright!...Hopefully it''s nothing too terrible and he''s just stressed and needs time to cool off.
Keep us posted.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results