shape
carat
color
clarity

The December LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Sunny

I didn''t get that option when I went there. I guess it depends if you like the action around you or if you would rather be alone. Do you think anything special is going to happen???? Than maybe the private booth would be better.

Dreamgirl,

Keep us posted, I hope everything is ok :(.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 11:56:23 AM
Author: ams0124

Date: 12/16/2008 10:37:07 AM
Author: Bia
35 degress in NYC (feels like 27) with a mix of Sleet/Rain/Snow... <<<brrrrrr>>>

I can''t wait to go home, put a fire on, and watch the BIGGEST LOSER Finale!!! (Yay!!!)
36.gif

DITTO!!! I can''t wait to see who wins...and what everyone looks like now!!!
36.gif
AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m watching the show now but I won''t divulge any details! My eyes are welling up already because everyone looks SO good!!!
39.gif
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 8:38:22 PM
Author: sammyj

35 degress in NYC (feels like 27) with a mix of Sleet/Rain/Snow... <<<brrrrrr>>>

I can''t wait to go home, put a fire on, and watch the BIGGEST LOSER Finale!!! (Yay!!!)
36.gif

36.gif

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m watching the show now but I won''t divulge any details! My eyes are welling up already because everyone looks SO good!!!
39.gif
1.gif

YAY MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Sunny,

Saw your other thread...never-mind..and congrats!!!!! I love your ring.

It''s funny how warm 4 degrees is compared to -15... my nostrals no longer glue together :)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 10:02:31 PM

36.gif

36.gif

39.gif
1.gif

YAY MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I knew she''d win!!! Everyone looks sooooooo amazing!!!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
You know you''ve been spending WAY too much time on PS and looking at Erings when TWO nights in a row you dream about rings, wake up in the middle of the night thinking about rings, then go back to sleep and dream MORE about rings!!! Okay, so I suppose I should replace all the "you''s" with "I", but someone else must be afflicted with this same disease?! I''m totally addicted to searching for my perfect diamond (at several different price-points) despite the fact that SO has not yet begun saving up money for it yet. (I know it''s COMPLETELY ABSURD to even hope for this because of the economy, but I''m still dreaming that he''ll get a bonus early next year...but they haven''t gotten bonuses for two years =( so I''m doubting it''ll happen this year either.)
20.gif
I''m ridiculous, I know!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So everything is kind of ok with S. He told me last night he is just stressing big time over his job and he just can't take it anymore. He wants out of there so badly and wants a new better job with the government. I think it's getting to him that he isn't finding a job he is looking for. It's frustrating him because he feels like he isn't getting anywhere at the moment. I told him that it's probably just going to take some time before he hears back for a job interview. Gave him the whole 'hang in there' pep talk. I wished he would get a better job too. This is what is mostly holding us back from moving forward with the future......

ETA- Poor guy. It took him several years to get thru college because he was working full time and doing school part time. (Mainly because he moved here to be with me) He paid for his entire education himself. The past 2 years he transfered to another college and did an accelerated program to finish up. He hardly had any personal time because he was constantly doing schoolwork. He worked so hard. He finally graduated with his B.S. in May and just hasn't had any luck yet with finding a job. He is such a smart guy too. I feel bad for him...
15.gif

Thanks for your support ladies!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
***** Aww Dream, here''s some dust in hopes that he''ll find something soon. *****

LtlFirecracker, I is confused now...
33.gif
1.gif
That used to be a menu option. Who knows if it''s still there, the last time I had it was 4 years ago or something.
18.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
DG I''m sorry to hear your guy is in sort of a rut
14.gif
That has to be so hard on not only him but the relationship too. I know what it''s like to feel the way you do...kinda helpless. My FF went/has been going through the same thing. He wants so badly to work somewhere else, but for reasons really beyond his control he''s just not been able to get a different job...and with a lot a companies and even the state gov. on a hiring freeze right now...it doesn''t make it any easier.

I just try to stay positive for him...he hears the good ol pep talk a lot actually.

Just be there for him...atleast he can count on that right now!

((((HUGS for you)))) ****DUST for you BF****

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 9:38:25 AM

36.gif

36.gif

39.gif
1.gif

YAY MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I knew she''d win!!! Everyone looks sooooooo amazing!!!
Yay for Michelle!

Everyone did look fantastic. I think this is the first BL where the contestants actually stuck to losing weight even after being kicked off. In previous shows there was always that one person that overall had only lost maybe 10-20lbs. The show last night was fabulous.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you sunny & ams! *HUGS*
1.gif
Things would really start to fall into place if he would just get called for an interview and then get hired. Maybe I need to make him his very own thread for dust. I got PS dust while looking for my job and I honestly think it worked!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 11:44:12 AM
Author: fieryred33143

Date: 12/17/2008 9:38:25 AM

I can't wait to go home, put a fire on, and watch the BIGGEST LOSER Finale!!! (Yay!!!)
36.gif

DITTO!!! I can't wait to see who wins...and what everyone looks like now!!!
36.gif

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm watching the show now but I won't divulge any details! My eyes are welling up already because everyone looks SO good!!!
39.gif
1.gif

YAY MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I knew she'd win!!! Everyone looks sooooooo amazing!!!
Yay for Michelle!

Everyone did look fantastic. I think this is the first BL where the contestants actually stuck to losing weight even after being kicked off. In previous shows there was always that one person that overall had only lost maybe 10-20lbs. The show last night was fabulous.
Fiery: Can you believe how thin Heba got?!!! Its crazy...she was such a big girl. I know you dont like her but...that girl lost some weight!!!

ETA: I was in shock when they announced that ED had won the vote...since he was pleading with America to vote for his wife. She looked really annoyed too!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 11:52:36 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
Thank you sunny & ams! *HUGS*
1.gif
Things would really start to fall into place if he would just get called for an interview and then get hired. Maybe I need to make him his very own thread for dust. I got PS dust while looking for my job and I honestly think it worked!
Do that sweetie. We''ll send him all the dust we have here...and YOU KNOW we have a lot of it
2.gif
3.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Bia

About Heba...I know! I was actually really happy to see she was under 200 because I know that was her goal. Good for her.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Oh hold up...

Did you guys see the hot mess that is Mama''s Boys????
38.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I never got to see it although I wanted to....Thank God FFI is NOT a mama''s boy!!!!!!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Be glad you didn''t Alexis!

After biggest loser, FI left the room with the remote and yes I was too lazy to change the channel myself LOL. So I watched it.

The concept is funny but they just screwed it all up. It should be one guy and his mom, not three.

The girls should be like in the Bachelor...good, successful women.

Instead, its three hideous guys and they''re very annoying mothers. There is a small handful of successful women (teachers, a med student, an entrepreneur, etc) but the majority are models...as in penthouse models, one had been in jail. You already know that even if they do find "love" at the end, the relationship is not going to last.

And then there''s the super ignorant mom that I''ll just leave at that. All in all, a horrible show.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 1:27:31 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Oh hold up...

Did you guys see the hot mess that is Mama''s Boys????
38.gif
Hell no. I got so turned off watching all of the sneak peaks, I turned off the tv immediately after BL was over. Mama''s boys annoy me in general...and none of those boys looked appealing to me whatsoever. Slicked/spiked hair and big muscles turn me off big time!

The next season of BL starts on January 6th! Do they usually do two seasons per year? I can''t remember because I haven''t been watching for very long.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl,

I hear you. My BF hates his job too. And like many corporations, they are known for laying people off at the end of the 4th quarter, ie right before Christmas. So he is kind of stressed.

I hope he finds something better. The government would be great b/c there is job security :).

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven''t posted in a while, but I just wanted to see how everyone is doing. It''s like 15 degrees here in MI and we are supposed to get an ice storm
emotion-39.gif
so that stinks. I am taking my cats to the clinic tomorrow to get spayed and nuetered, which I am a little scared about!

My birthday was this weekend, and my BF gave me a BEAUTIFUL new ring! It''s .5 princess cut with a square halo. I *MIGHT* start a thread BUT my computer''s harddrive TOTALLY crashed this past week and they could only save like 15% of my stuff
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
(that is literally me) I have not even gone on the computer in a bout 5 days because I don''t even want to START thinking about the money I am going to have to spend...

I watched the biggest loser and i LOVED IT! Michelle looked so pretty and I was on the fence about Heba being a meanie, but she is sooooooooo gorgeous, I have always thought so, and she looked beautiful in the finale. I finishde my semester up with a 3.4! Which is my highest GPA yet, I really can''t believe it. But my BF beat me and he even transferred, so who knows how he pulled that one off!

Dreamgirl, i read your story about your BF and it sounds like he is just being a sweetie and getting flustered with the whole thing! it''s cute! Good luck with him finding a job- I always think when a person works so hard and truly is a good person, they will be rewarded with all their hardwork!

I know I''m a day late with this LtlFirecracker, but Melting pot is my FAVORITE place! Me and my BF normally get a cheese (the cheddar one with the beer, YUMMM), split an entree, and then get dessert. You can also get coupons on resturaunt.com (spl? I can never spell this word!) where you pay like 20 dollars for a 50$ gift card. It''s awesome. We end up eating the perfect amount when we split one thing.

Well anyways, it''s now my winter break, and I''m working my tail off working 20 hours a week at my daycare + about 20 more babysitting to save up for all my college stuff! WHEW, hopefully I will be able to check in more from now on!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 10:38:25 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven''t posted in a while, but I just wanted to see how everyone is doing. It''s like 15 degrees here in MI and we are supposed to get an ice storm
emotion-39.gif
so that stinks. I am taking my cats to the clinic tomorrow to get spayed and nuetered, which I am a little scared about!

My birthday was this weekend, and my BF gave me a BEAUTIFUL new ring! It''s .5 princess cut with a square halo. I *MIGHT* start a thread BUT my computer''s harddrive TOTALLY crashed this past week and they could only save like 15% of my stuff
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
(that is literally me) I have not even gone on the computer in a bout 5 days because I don''t even want to START thinking about the money I am going to have to spend...

I watched the biggest loser and i LOVED IT! Michelle looked so pretty and I was on the fence about Heba being a meanie, but she is sooooooooo gorgeous, I have always thought so, and she looked beautiful in the finale. I finishde my semester up with a 3.4! Which is my highest GPA yet, I really can''t believe it. But my BF beat me and he even transferred, so who knows how he pulled that one off!

Dreamgirl, i read your story about your BF and it sounds like he is just being a sweetie and getting flustered with the whole thing! it''s cute! Good luck with him finding a job- I always think when a person works so hard and truly is a good person, they will be rewarded with all their hardwork!

I know I''m a day late with this LtlFirecracker, but Melting pot is my FAVORITE place! Me and my BF normally get a cheese (the cheddar one with the beer, YUMMM), split an entree, and then get dessert. You can also get coupons on resturaunt.com (spl? I can never spell this word!) where you pay like 20 dollars for a 50$ gift card. It''s awesome. We end up eating the perfect amount when we split one thing.

Well anyways, it''s now my winter break, and I''m working my tail off working 20 hours a week at my daycare + about 20 more babysitting to save up for all my college stuff! WHEW, hopefully I will be able to check in more from now on!

Getting ready for the storm?? I''m kind of nervous. LOL. I made FF go grocery shopping with me last night to stock up on food!

Did you make an SMTR thread for your ring??!
30.gif

Oh yeah, and my little brother went to Groves, but he graduated in 03, so you probably don''t know him. Plus, I know a lot of guys who graduated Groves on 01, but obviously they''re a bit older than you too.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 7:51:36 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Dreamgirl,

I hear you. My BF hates his job too. And like many corporations, they are known for laying people off at the end of the 4th quarter, ie right before Christmas. So he is kind of stressed.

I hope he finds something better. The government would be great b/c there is job security :).
Yeah, that''s just terrible! His degree is in Public Administration and those are usually within the government. I wish he''d find something already!!! It becomes stressful for me too. You know where I''m coming from.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 10:38:25 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Oh, you are talking about our latest excursion to Tiffany''s? lol! Maybe you are right. He just got flustered....
4.gif
Thank you!

Also, I feel the same way you do abouta good person getting rewarded somewhere along the line with a job (or anything really).....it happened to me with my job!! (Finally)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So if any of you ladies want to play "Help Dreamgirl pick out a wedding band to go with this engagment ring" you can find the thread: over here
31.gif
(no, I''m not engaged yet...lol) Just crazy ol'' me! lol

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 3:54:42 PM
So if any of you ladies want to play ''Help Dreamgirl pick out a wedding band to go with this engagment ring'' you can find the thread: over here
31.gif
(no, I''m not engaged yet...lol) Just crazy ol'' me! lol

Haha, you''re not crazy! You just like to be prepared!

I looked at your thread earlier, but I can''t decide.
8.gif

I think I might need to take a little more time to make my decision!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
We need real-life photos of those sets. So I think you have a mission...
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
ok elle. I''ll let you decide. Truts me, there is NO hurry! lol

gwendolyn- haha! That would be awesome. Only problem is No pictures aloud and I was just there so I probably wont go back for a while...lol

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 4:14:25 PM
ok elle. I''ll let you decide. Truts me, there is NO hurry! lol

gwendolyn- haha! That would be awesome. Only problem is No pictures aloud and I was just there so I probably wont go back for a while...lol
So ask for a spy camera for Christmas and be very covert when you next happen by a Tiff''s...
27.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
haha! That would be AWESOME!! I actually took a couple of pictures in the Chicago Michigan Ave. Tiffany. But when I was upstairs someone saw me and said "You can't take pictures in here!"
6.gif
I felt awful. I had no idea!! Which is exactly what I told her. But, I still got the photos
27.gif
Not of any sparklies mind you, just of the store...lol

Then again, I wonder if favorite SA would 'look away' to let me do that sometime. She just adores me....
27.gif
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results