shape
carat
color
clarity

The December LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 9:23:22 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 12/17/2008 10:38:25 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven''t posted in a while, but I just wanted to see how everyone is doing. It''s like 15 degrees here in MI and we are supposed to get an ice storm
emotion-39.gif
so that stinks. I am taking my cats to the clinic tomorrow to get spayed and nuetered, which I am a little scared about!

My birthday was this weekend, and my BF gave me a BEAUTIFUL new ring! It''s .5 princess cut with a square halo. I *MIGHT* start a thread BUT my computer''s harddrive TOTALLY crashed this past week and they could only save like 15% of my stuff
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
(that is literally me) I have not even gone on the computer in a bout 5 days because I don''t even want to START thinking about the money I am going to have to spend...

I watched the biggest loser and i LOVED IT! Michelle looked so pretty and I was on the fence about Heba being a meanie, but she is sooooooooo gorgeous, I have always thought so, and she looked beautiful in the finale. I finishde my semester up with a 3.4! Which is my highest GPA yet, I really can''t believe it. But my BF beat me and he even transferred, so who knows how he pulled that one off!

Dreamgirl, i read your story about your BF and it sounds like he is just being a sweetie and getting flustered with the whole thing! it''s cute! Good luck with him finding a job- I always think when a person works so hard and truly is a good person, they will be rewarded with all their hardwork!

I know I''m a day late with this LtlFirecracker, but Melting pot is my FAVORITE place! Me and my BF normally get a cheese (the cheddar one with the beer, YUMMM), split an entree, and then get dessert. You can also get coupons on resturaunt.com (spl? I can never spell this word!) where you pay like 20 dollars for a 50$ gift card. It''s awesome. We end up eating the perfect amount when we split one thing.

Well anyways, it''s now my winter break, and I''m working my tail off working 20 hours a week at my daycare + about 20 more babysitting to save up for all my college stuff! WHEW, hopefully I will be able to check in more from now on!

Getting ready for the storm?? I''m kind of nervous. LOL. I made FF go grocery shopping with me last night to stock up on food!

Did you make an SMTR thread for your ring??!
30.gif

Oh yeah, and my little brother went to Groves, but he graduated in 03, so you probably don''t know him. Plus, I know a lot of guys who graduated Groves on 01, but obviously they''re a bit older than you too.
wow, I might know who he is, I knew a lot of people who were older than me. I don''t have pics of the ring yet because I don''t have the stupid computer/camera cord, so they are stiill on my camera. Also, my brother and sister are preparing for the snow day more than me, I''m getting my hair cut tomorrow!
1.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone watch the Bachelor / Bachelorette? Excited about the new season starting in Jan?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:23:03 AM
Author: Namaste
Anyone watch the Bachelor / Bachelorette? Excited about the new season starting in Jan?
Yes! I was rooting for Jason on the Bachelorette....he is adorable!!!

Speaking of the snow day, it''s a complete white-out here (I''m just outside of Toronto). Winds are blowing at 20+ km/h and we''re expecting 30 cm (13-ish inches?)!!! I live in a condo so I can see the roads and they highway...cars are inching along like snails...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 12:23:03 AM
Author: Namaste

Guilty as charged... I got sucked in with Andy the Navy doctor''s season (totally thought he should have chosen the other chick) and I''ve watched every season since then. I am looking forward to the new one! I just hope it still remains somewhat "real" to me and doesn''t start to seem completely staged and fake. I used to be totally into The Hills but now I can''t watch it without rolling my eyes about 5000 times in one 1/2 hour show.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!! I love to watch The Bachelor and Bachelorette shows!!!! I''ve watched every season so I guess I keep on watching. I really liked Jason and I felt bad that Deanna did that to him! I honestly hope he finds someone wonderful because he really deserves it!!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 11:49:47 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
Yes!!! I love to watch The Bachelor and Bachelorette shows!!!! I''ve watched every season so I guess I keep on watching. I really liked Jason and I felt bad that Deanna did that to him! I honestly hope he finds someone wonderful because he really deserves it!!

I know! I really liked Jason too - I''m excited for this season to see who he ends up with! He seems so sweet and genuine.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So, remember how I thought I was getting sick last week because S had been sick? Well I fought it off and was ok. But now......I''M SICK
32.gif
32.gif
I really don''t feel good at all but I came to work because I''m off next week and we are having the Christmas Party tonight! I don''t even know if I can make it to the party but I really want to go since this is my first Christmas here at work and everyone wants to meet S.
39.gif
Booooo

I just want to say that TWO of my friends have become engaged in the last 24hrs.

If I didn''t know he already had the ring, I would be next to tears right now. You know, I''m def. happy for the other ladies on here and my friends, but part of me inside is just screaming that I need to get away from engagements. I mean, REALLY? 2 people in 24 hrs?
7.gif
BF did buy me some new soft pj''s bottoms tonight and some shirts... not sparkly... but.. you know.. comfy and loose for when I eat the gallons of ice cream soon
39.gif

/pity party
38.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Aww swedish it''ll happen! Yay for soft PJ bottoms! I do love me some nice lounging clothes. Speaking of which... I think my sweatpants are calling my name.

Wait... just realized something. I''m not a LIW anymore. Does this mean I shouldn''t be posting on the LIW small talk thread? I suppose I wander over here out of force of habit.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 2:30:57 AM
Author: swedish bean
It''s -34 degrees windchill right now.
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
-38 here... Celcius, of course, but once you get down into that range then I believe the C and F values are almost the same.

I am not in the best mood today. To follow up on my previous post about lack of time together, SO has done 2 things in the past week that really hurt my feelings. Neither would be a huge deal under normal circumstances but considering how little I see him, our circumstances aren''t exactly normal (as far a relationships go).

And I am finding it really awkward to be upset with him and in the same house. I never realized that living together could make things like this so weird. He is upstairs working on the house and I don''t even think he realizes I am home (stayed with my parents last night because he was staying at a friend''s, I didn''t feel like being alone in the house).

Ugh. I don''t know.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
ah! I just realized how far along this thread has gotten since I last read it when you first posted dreamgirl. I wanna small talk!
3.gif
ab_blonde whats your SO doing on the house? Maybe he didnt know you were home from all the racket he was making? I''m sorry youre feeling down.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
My gosh I''ve missed so much of this thread! I''d love to sit here and get all caught up but these darn calls keep coming though
29.gif

I really love that I can work from home, but I really HATE that I have to work weekends...
39.gif

And why, oh why isn''t Sunday sacred anymore? Am I the only one who remembers when the malls were closed on Sundays and people would stay at home, watch sports and eat gigantic dinners with their family? Why the HECK is everyone calling me?????
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Okay, rant over... Off to try and catch up on the rest of the thread!

~SL.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Gah--the weather here is awful! It is 20 degrees outside and freezing rain is coming down on top of the 6-8 inches of snow we got yesterday. We have drifts in our yard that are 2 feet deep and we can''t even go outside to play in it because of the rain. Boo!

I was not expecting this in Portland--it feels like I''m in the midwest!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, so now it''s back to snowing. It''s a freaking blizzard out there!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 1:43:08 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
ah! I just realized how far along this thread has gotten since I last read it when you first posted dreamgirl. I wanna small talk!
3.gif
ab_blonde whats your SO doing on the house? Maybe he didnt know you were home from all the racket he was making? I''m sorry youre feeling down.
I think he was just a bit afraid/feeling guilty. Things are better, but he''s on probation so to speak.... haha. I think the stress has gotten to him, he''s just been doing things that are totally out of character lately.

Is anyone else at work today? Most of the people in my department took today and tomorrow as holidays, but I don''t have any vacation time yet. It''s kind of peaceful, at least.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 10:37:59 AM
Author: absolut_blonde

I think he was just a bit afraid/feeling guilty. Things are better, but he''s on probation so to speak.... haha. I think the stress has gotten to him, he''s just been doing things that are totally out of character lately.

Is anyone else at work today? Most of the people in my department took today and tomorrow as holidays, but I don''t have any vacation time yet. It''s kind of peaceful, at least.
I''m at work today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. But then I''m on vacation until after the first of the year. The office is pretty quiet, and will probably only get quieter. I bet they''ll let us leave early on Wednesday.

I''m dying for this break!! Need to rest up before Winter semester starts.

On a side note, this weather is making me miserable. It should not be 4 degrees out. EVER!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 11:25:08 AM

On a side note, this weather is making me miserable. It should not be 4 degrees out. EVER!
What??!!! BF and I spent an HOUR digging our car out this morning. That''s what we get for leaving the car there since Friday and letting rain cover the snow that was piled on for two days. I nearly busted my @$$ a few times just walking to my car...grrrrr.
29.gif

But everything looks so pretty...I will say that.
30.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 11:30:22 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 12/22/2008 11:25:08 AM

What??!!! BF and I spent an HOUR digging our car out this morning. That''s what we get for leaving the car there since Friday and letting rain cover the snow that was piled on for two days. I nearly busted my @$$ a few times just walking to my car...grrrrr.
29.gif

But everything looks so pretty...I will say that.
30.gif
Oh yeah, it''s pretty!
30.gif
Wish I had that new DSLR that FF and I have our eyes on.

But it''s snowing AGAIN!
38.gif

I went to a Holiday party yesterday and it was 0 degrees out, and a windchill of 15-20 below zero. WTF? Seriously? This is Michigan, not the Arctic!

Had to clean my car off last night before I went to bed because I knew this morning at 730, I wouldn''t want to deal with it. I haven''t cleaned it off since our 10 inch blizzard! It was frozen shut!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
The snow''s really bad where I am too! =( My boyfriend''s flight got rerouted!! Now another precious day I could''ve spent with him has been wasted
emcry.gif

hehe, long distance relationships... EVERY DAY COUNTS >=(

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Boo bad weather! I had family coming in Sunday and they spent 9 hours at the airport.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, everyone seems to be having a very chilly week! I secretly envy you all. I haven''t seen snow since I was 10
39.gif
I live in Florida and we had a pretty cold November and then of course the week of Christmas it goes right back up to the mid 70''s. Grrrr. I just bought a pair of knee high black boots that I haven''t even gotten to wear!
38.gif

If you ladies don''t mind, I just need to vent a little bit here. A friend of mine has been dating this guy for a year. They recently broke up, but she told me today that they are back together and doing better than ever (yipee! I''m really happy for her about this!) Then she mentions that they had a serious talk and started discussing marriage. He wants to propose to her...and soon. I''m really happy for her, but I must confess that I feel a little deflated. SO and I have been together for almost 3 years and have talked marriage for almost as long. How can it happen so fast for some people and then seem to take forever for others? I dunno, I guess I was just surprised. Anywho, does anyone have similar experiences to share?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 1:48:10 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
Oh wow, everyone seems to be having a very chilly week! I secretly envy you all. I haven''t seen snow since I was 10
39.gif
I live in Florida and we had a pretty cold November and then of course the week of Christmas it goes right back up to the mid 70''s. Grrrr. I just bought a pair of knee high black boots that I haven''t even gotten to wear!
38.gif

If you ladies don''t mind, I just need to vent a little bit here. A friend of mine has been dating this guy for a year. They recently broke up, but she told me today that they are back together and doing better than ever (yipee! I''m really happy for her about this!) Then she mentions that they had a serious talk and started discussing marriage. He wants to propose to her...and soon. I''m really happy for her, but I must confess that I feel a little deflated. SO and I have been together for almost 3 years and have talked marriage for almost as long. How can it happen so fast for some people and then seem to take forever for others? I dunno, I guess I was just surprised. Anywho, does anyone have similar experiences to share?
It''s always hard to watch someone else get what you want. That''s never going to change for me. Someone in life is always going to be faster, better, prettier, thinner, smarter, etc. If you spend your whole life comparing, you''ll never feel good about you and your relationship!

So yeah, let the jealousy come, and let it go just as quickly, and then be happy for them. Even if you have to fake it a bit at first.
2.gif

I''m at 3 years with FF, and I think it may be closer to 4 before we get engaged. I''m not thrilled, but I know when he does it, that HE will be as ready as I am, and that''ll make it perfect!

And personally, getting engaged after 1 year is a bit soon for me. I realize that people do it all the time, and it works for them, but I imagine my relationship with FF at year 1, and now at year 3. It''s SO different. I have learned so, so, so much about him in the 2 most recent years. And it was the "Can I handle this for the rest of my life stuff?" Now I know I can. Much fewer surprises later on the longer you''re together, IMHO.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2008 8:26:01 AM

39.gif
38.gif

It''s always hard to watch someone else get what you want. That''s never going to change for me. Someone in life is always going to be faster, better, prettier, thinner, smarter, etc. If you spend your whole life comparing, you''ll never feel good about you and your relationship!

So yeah, let the jealousy come, and let it go just as quickly, and then be happy for them. Even if you have to fake it a bit at first.
2.gif

I''m at 3 years with FF, and I think it may be closer to 4 before we get engaged. I''m not thrilled, but I know when he does it, that HE will be as ready as I am, and that''ll make it perfect!

And personally, getting engaged after 1 year is a bit soon for me. I realize that people do it all the time, and it works for them, but I imagine my relationship with FF at year 1, and now at year 3. It''s SO different. I have learned so, so, so much about him in the 2 most recent years. And it was the ''Can I handle this for the rest of my life stuff?'' Now I know I can. Much fewer surprises later on the longer you''re together, IMHO.

ditto! think of everything that people go through in a year and then everything they can go through in 2 or 3 years. I appreciate what I''ve learned and what SO and I have worked through the past couple years of our relationship. It wouldnt have been the same situation nor would we have the same priorities in mind if we were already engaged/married. But thats my relationship, to each his own.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
38.gif

Sweetie - we have all been there! I believe the LIW''s began calling it "getting lapped". It happens - some realtionships move quickly - others take a bit more time. In the end what is right is what works for each couple. The year I was sure I would get proposed to, one of my good friends proposed to his girlfriend whom he had been dating 4 months! Talk about shocking!

I highlighted the comment you made above to illustrate that just because people are talking about marriage it does not necessarily mean it is on the immediate horizon. Keep in mind that for some guys, proposing "soon" may mean within 2 or 3 years. You also heard this information from your friend who could have easily misinterpreted his timeline. As my father always reminds me, "I talk all the time about wanting to travel to the moon, it does not mean that I am going to board a rocketship and go there."

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Elledizzy5 - yeah, the jealousy has definitly run it''s course - lol. Now I''m nothing but excited for J! And what you said about getting engaged at one year is true - that would''ve been a bit soon for SO and I.

Sailorsweet<3 - I totally agree with you. The 3 years I''ve been with SO have seen us through a lot of ups and downs and we''re stronger because of it. I''m very thankful for those years. I tend to forget how essential the "courtship" process is in my hast to get engaged.

Keepingthefaith21 - I laughed when I read the "getting lapped" part! So true! This is why I love having you LIW''s -- you all have been there and have such kind words to help with this waiting process. So thank you! and what you say about men and their loose interpretation of the word "soon" -- unfortunately I have found this out first hand! lol

Thank you, gals!

So is everyone excited for Christmas?! Figures I''d find some time away to hop on PS on Christmas Eve! lol

Well, I hope you and your families have a GREAT holiday and a blessed New Year! (oh, and let''s not forget...lots of dust to everyone!)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Kris and I got kitties! They weren''t the ones we were originally going to go with, but we just fell in love with these two. We get to bring them home with us on Saturday!!

Here''s the thread with lots and lots of pictures:

Linky!

Happy holidays to all the LIW--you gals are fantastic!!!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
LP your kitties are so cute! Its like night and day all rolled into one. Good luck with them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results