shape
carat
color
clarity

The big old marquise does have fire!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks amazing on your hand. I also thought of having it mounted in a bracelet. It is so pretty!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! THAT rock is soooo fabulous and elegant. I would try to wear it every day!! Congratulations!! That is really beautiful. :love: :love:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1375227912|3493356 said:
You could have the clasp designed so that it could be removed and worn with different pearls or even with different chains. It could then also be worn as a diamond clasp on a necklace. It would also look gorgeous as a clasp for a heavy 22k woven chain (bracelet or necklace).

Brilliant idea. Especially as a clasp for a necklace. I see it now, sort of set off center, instead of at the back of or front of the neck. It would be stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go through Good Old Gold and have one of their antique stone cutters like Yoram evaluate it. I would either make it into a fabulous pendant after some rehab or even cut it into a smaller stone of another antique shape, such as pear, to get rid of the inclusion. I'd be happy to end up with a three carat pear that I could wear as a ring. But I really do think it would make a phenomenal pendant on a longer chain. I wouldn't be able to wear a 10 ct diamond ring, either.

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock
I would love it as a pear but the inclusions would still be there and possibly more noticeable. I think the bow tie is hiding the big one right now. When it was in the setting it looked like they might be close enough to the table to cut below it but they’re right in the middle of the stone horizontally and vertically. They would probably be hidden better by more facets but I’m afraid they’re going to be even more noticeable in a smaller stone. The one with the black crystals at the end extends from the girdle to the very center so I think it would end up right in the focal point of a pear. :( If I decide to keep it I’ll definitely send it to GOG for evaluation at some point. I’m sure it can be improved even if it wouldn’t change the overall shape or size. I just can’t afford to do it right now.

I’m going to give it a shot as a pendant and see if I like it for now. Hopefully the setting will be here next week.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I knew that baby would have some real sparkle! I love antique marquises. Glad you've come up with a solution and hope it works for you!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I'd never wear a diamond that large as a pendant. If the heft of it didn't bother me, the ease with which someone can snatch it off my neck certainly would. I would either sell it or reset it into a higher prong head ring (ring vs. anything else for less ease of theft), possibly with 18K YG shank and platinum head and some jeweltone sides like blue sapphire or possibly ruby for a European look. Ruby can play up the yellow sometimes, and blue helps cancel some of it out.

It looks like unsetting it and putting it in the stone holder lets light in through the back which offsets leakage and helps whiten the color. Looks like a boxy low head is not as flattering to it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still in love with those facets and I'm so glad you're not having it recut... for now, anyway.

If it were me, I'd have it sized to wear on my middle finger. It won't appear quite as large on your middle finger, and it's a very different feel and statement than wearing it on the ring finger.

And then... make a point of wearing it from time to time! Eventually, you'll "grow into it" to the point where it doesn't feel like a foreign object on your hand!

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth said:
Oh shit girl, I love that it takes up a third of your finger!! You can make it a special occasion right hand ring. Rock it on a fancy dinner night or even if you just feel like getting extra dolled up. That is one cool stone. It definitely benefits from being out of its setting.

+1

Glad you're not recutting it.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
If that gorgeous thing were mine I'd set it in a yellow gold solitaire for my index finger.
I do like the middle finger like VRB suggested. Imagine flipping someone off with that baby! :lol:

I'm glad you are trying a pendant. You deserve to wear it. 10cts! Lucky you!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Part of me says, if it were mine (which sadly it is not), to rec-ut and put it in a kick#$$ setting.

Then the other part of me says, if it were mine, I'd sell that bad boy and get whatever the heck you want. I imagine you could get something foxy fine with the takings...

Regardless, that's a pretty cool diamond.

Looks like a delicate lemony yellow.

Wonder how many knuckles it would cover in an EW setting :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! I was going to suggest an E/W setting so it wouldnt look so big but after seeing it on your finger that would
never work!

My choice would be to see if it could be recut (kept in an antique cut) and kept over 10 carats. Not sure if that is possible.
Still leaves you with the issue of when/where to wear it. Such a problem!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
geez, woman, you rock that stone like a rock star! get over it! it looks great on you! I love that it covers your finger as it does! you should sell it to me! i'd wear it as is! I really dislike rings that don't give coverage. i'm shorter than you and I wear rings that big all the time. of course, i'm older than you and I just don't give a damn about what other people think. I dislike wearing things i'll see on other people and I like wearing big pieces. yes, you should sell that stone to me!

seriously, it looks great on you and I do hope you get over thinking you need to do something else with it. if you can then you should: so rock it, baby, just rock it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh fabulous! Can't wait to see it in a pendant!

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock
Here's y'all's EW shot. It's definitely wider than my finger! lol

imageuploadedbytapatalk1375383237.jpg

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know this is a really old posting but I wanted to ask, did you ever send it to GOG? I also have an antique marquis that I love but haven't removed it from the setting yet. It looks to have a huge cutlet but it could just be the current setting just making it look that way.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing stone that was! @kristine johnson yours is gorgeous as well! I cannot wait to see what you end up doing with it.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about setting it east-west in a bracelet? That would look great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results