shape
carat
color
clarity

The Big DIY Thread

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Thats some great stuff guys!! I am working on my bling letters now and I will post them once they are finished....they are almost done. :)

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the link to my DIY invites.

Morgie invite outside2.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
My DIY map insert (with roads erased though).
I found this awesome tutorial online on how to do this. Took about 2 hours total. I think it came out wonderfully! I''m going to print them on cardstock and include them with the invites.

mapforPS.jpg

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
stephbolt''s DIY hair flower.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
My DIY signature drink cards

jggdiystuffss (3).jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
DIY Mr and Mrs chair back signs

jggdiystuffss (7).jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
DIY shoe bling

jggdiystuffs s(12).jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
DIY monogram cake topper

jggdiystuffs (10).jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
DIY impostor calligraphy

calligraphydiys (2).JPG

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 11:59:06 PM
Author: princessplease
I found this awesome tutorial online on how to do this. Took about 2 hours total. I think it came out wonderfully! I''m going to print them on cardstock and include them with the invites.
can you post the link?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
sorry, dunno if we are only supposed to post completed projects, but I thought this was worthy of being archived...

DIY Wedding dress... from t-shirts! Only $10, for our crafty PS-ers.

It''s a video tutorial.

Enjoy!

cheapdress.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 11:40:02 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Date: 6/26/2009 11:59:06 PM

Author: princessplease

can you post the link?

Surely. Here you go! Link

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure that my DIY project is worthy of being on this thread given some of the amazing things people on here have made but here goes...my pocketfold invites with monogram seals I printed up, cut and stuck

16072009019.jpg

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
the evening invites were basically a square card with patterned paper stuck on and another worded card on top similar to the day invites (too dull to show)

And the programmes were more more monogrammed seals stuck on square patterned cards - I tried to keep the elements as interchangeable as possible to save myself from going crazy! It still took ages tho!

PreCer55.jpg

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
inside of the programmes, looking at this now I think I should have used thicker paper as the print comes through the double sided pages...

PreCer31.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 2:07:02 PM
Author: trillionaire
sorry, dunno if we are only supposed to post completed projects, but I thought this was worthy of being archived...

DIY Wedding dress... from t-shirts! Only $10, for our crafty PS-ers.

It''s a video tutorial.

Enjoy!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Holy cow!!! That''s insane!! Haha, wow... I mean, I know some people out there can make their own clothes like that and stuff... but it''s so creative!!! The only thing I didn''t like was the pin on the front pulling on the fabric. Anway, so neat!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Haha. Guess I should actually pay attention and post my DIY stuff here! Silly me.

DIY Favor Box

DIY Wedding Card Box

And LOVELY DIY''s ladies. Seriously! I wish I had half as much creativity of all of you!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
OMG Trinity!! I''m embarrassed to post mine after yours!
6.gif
They''re gorgeous!!

Here are my DIY attempts. They''ve been well received, so after slaving over them I''m happy about that!
5.gif

DIY 021.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
The inside...

DIY 023.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
The reception card isn''t taped down, so it''s not just crooked.
1.gif

DIY 024.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Favor tags! These were fun to make. I used a punch out stuck to a square of cardstock, then stamped ''thank you'' onto it.

DIY 001.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Close up:

DIY 002.JPG

ldmmd2

Rough_Rock
When my husband and I decided to get married we knew we did not want a traditional, formal occasion. I''d seen beautiful Renaissance-themed weddings, but that wasn''t what we wanted either. We wanted a theme to express our rebellious, yet playful nature and appreciation for a wide-range of music, so we chose rockabilly.

Being an unusual wedding theme it was clear we''d have to do the majority ourselves. I picked up plain invitation stock, printed them and double stamped black on red scrollwork on the invitations, RSVP cards and envelops. We looked in costume shops for our outfits, but they looked terrible, and seemed expensive for what was available, and simply did not fit me properly (I''m a plus-size woman). I found a skirt pattern I liked and leopard print fabric, then sewed the skirt, as well as a black petticoat out of illusion. For my husband, we found a solid black dress shirt that already had pleated panels. I simply made strips of the leopard print fabric and sewed those into the panels. It instantly resembled an old 50s-style bowling shirt.

For decorations and party favors I fell into a lot of luck. Party supply stores have massive sales the beginning of September in order to make room for incoming Halloween merchandise. I was able to get candy on the cheap, while picking up bubbles, mini 45s and 50s-style cars for wall decorations. From Dollar Tree I was able to get sundae glasses to put the candy in for the tables. It was the celebration I longed for.

If anyone reading this desires a non-mainstream wedding, by all means make it happen. I''m so glad I did!

shirt.jpg

ldmmd2

Rough_Rock
The stampwork on the front of the invitations.

tinvitation.jpg

Revana03

Rough_Rock
i found this idea on oncewed.com and did it for my bridesmaids and they LOVED their invites! i unfortunately did not take any pictures of the ones that i made but i pretty much copied this example, except I changed the hair color to match my bridesmaids'' real hair color.
click here for instructions :)

diybridesmaidscards123.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 8:28:12 PM
Author: Revana03
i found this idea on oncewed.com and did it for my bridesmaids and they LOVED their invites! i unfortunately did not take any pictures of the ones that i made but i pretty much copied this example, except I changed the hair color to match my bridesmaids'' real hair color.

click here for instructions :)

i did this too & mine loved it!! i''ll attach my pic below although there was a thread about it somewhere...

DSC02174lulu2.JPG

Revana03

Rough_Rock
lulu i adore how yours came out! and cheers for going the extra mile and customizing the hair color for each bridesmaid too--great minds think alike
36.gif

making this took FOREVER (i have 6 bridesmaids) but it was so totally worth it to have each one of them call me immediately upon receiving their invitation in the mail so excited to be a bridesmaid...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results