shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I know, it''s just unbelievable..... more info: http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/28/quake.aid/index.html

The UN is saying that this may be the largest aid undertaking...ever.

Pretty unbelievable. In Southern CA (still at my parents'') the sea level rose around 8 inches as a result, but that''s really nothing...it''s just amazing how worldwide this thing is--apparently it actually affected the earth''s rotation.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
honeynut!!!!!! we MUST be dress twins at heart.. My wedding is turning into QUITE the formal affair.(my mom actually said to me this morning "this is going to be a CLASSY wedding" which really made me laugh).
But I still think that the Mori Lee informal is just the cutest dress ever.. If I could have two dresses, it would totally be my reception gown! It will be PERFECT for a garden wedding.. oooohh. so cute. I saw it (although not originally) on a girl on theknot too.. jerseycitybride was her SN.. I like the pics of it on her way better than on the model.. and I like it on ME even better.
However.. my EMAIL is not WORKING tonite when I got home from work.. so I can''t check to see if my FSIL emailed me the pics yet. I am FREAKING out.. how am I going to go to sleep?
lol.. I suppose I can check in the morning.
Melissa

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay. I have the pics of me in the gown. I don't want to double post them.. I posted them in the show me your wedding gown thread in bride world wide. Here is a link

They are on page 11, a little ways down! I'm so excited!!! I wish the pictures showed the details of the veil better.. but its still wonderful!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Queen of Hearts - that is my setting that I posted from the Mark Morrell website...I so wish I knew how to upload pictures of my actual ring on my hand. I think there''s one if you look under the name "antique diamond" That was my name before my computer deleted all my cookies (or something like that) I changed my name to Heart Prongs because we decided on an RB instead of an OEC...so the name didn''t fit anymore (am I rambling or what)...If anybody wants to talk me through the process of adding photos, I''d be delighted to "show you the ring" and the wedding ring too!!! klr

Croí

Shiny_Rock
Heart Prongs

I really was taken with Mark Morrell''s work too.
What is your story ??? Engaged and have your ring ? When are you planning your big day ??

Croí

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Jennifer5973, JCJD, Rfath, Goldengirl, Appletini -- Thank you all for your comments -- I love it too! :) NOW I get to toss and turn over the setting!! He''s going to give it to me in a plain white gold setting (when when when?!?!?!), then we are going to pick out the "real" setting together!! Deciding will be SO difficult!!!! I just hope I get it soon because I miss it already!
emcry.gif

As for the Tsunami -- I just can''t believe it.....this morning the death toll is close to 70,000 and is expected to continue rising as they find more bodies. The loss is just devastating.....

njc

Brilliant_Rock
SJS - Another cushion!!! You ladies are making me jealous that i didnt one!
2.gif
Thats funny that its that setting that makes it look so round. It is beautiful and agree that i love the antique/OEC look to it! Congratulations on such a wonderful stone!

GG - there are lots of agencies collecting for Asia. I even noticed yesterday on Amazon that they had something set up that you could donate to the Red Cross on there. I was watching the news last night and they were interviewing local people who had family in the effected areas. A lot of people lost entire families (parents, uncles, aunts, neices, nephews, cousins, etc), swept out to sea. All i could do was cry... I cant even imagine... Last night the numbers were at 60,000+.

And as far as the earths rotation... it just made the earth wobble on its axis a little bit. Nothing dramatic and premanent.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/antiquediamond.jpg

Here''s my story: I''m not here waiting for an e-ring or an upgrade, I just posted the other day because I had read through this thread nad I remember thinking how much I wished it had existed, especially over the summer of 2003...when I was waiting patiently for my ring...it''s on my finger in the picture above! We just got married in August and I was letting the ladies-in-waiting know that it really is all worth the wait! klr
30.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2004 10:29:41 AM
Author: njc
SJS - Another cushion!!! You ladies are making me jealous that i didnt one!
2.gif
Thats funny that its that setting that makes it look so round. It is beautiful and agree that i love the antique/OEC look to it! Congratulations on such a wonderful stone!

This site is what REALLY turned me on to cushions too -- I was dead-set on an Asscher before I found Reena and Moremoremore -- and some of the others. What a search though!! I definitely want it to look more "cushion" than round, so I''ll have to figure out the best way to set it for that effect. Any ideas anyone?

As for donating to the victims of the Tsunami -- I would play it safe with the Red Cross, just because the help needs to get there soon and the Red Cross is a well established and organized group. I imagine they are best equipped to deal with the incoming donations and with dispersing funds, materials, and food to those people in need.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
MS: I love your gown...so pretty!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
heartprongs
oh, I see - so you''re way ahead of us all then ........... good for you.

lovely dress !

anyway ladies (those of you still waiting and planning)
I finally heard back from my first choice location, a pub over 200 years old, facing onto the ocean and backing onto the mountains. They are open to hearing my ideas and to meeting in person when I am home in a few weeks time. They seem to think we might be able to pull it off, Bealtaine fires and all ! hoorah !!!
36.gif

I am sooooooooooooooooo excited !!

I will take pics when I am at home. It''s all coming together, I can hardly believe my luck ! (considering I''m doing all of this with only seventeen weeks to The Day !)

Croí, going into major planning mode now !

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, ladies, good morning! :) Hope everyone''s happy and healthy today. I drooled on everybody''s dresses on the dress thread so I won''t duplicate it here.... okay, maybe just a little... I LOVE YOUR DRESSES!! Every single one of them! They just look *perfect* for each of you, like that dress was just sitting around waiting for you to find it... kinda like your fh, right?
2.gif

Well, some people brought in cheesecake as a bribe today so, since I''m not planning a wedding in the immediate future, I''m gonna go have a piece!
31.gif

One of the realtors in the office was showing off her Christmas present... a 4ctw diamond tennis bracelet, princesses. Is it BAD that when she said "4ctw" my first thought was, "that''s it?"
32.gif
:lol:

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I"m with you, GG.....I just had to go have a look over there! I won''t try wedding dresses on either!!! With all the rounds of weddings I''ve had, all the bridesmaid trips and try-ons in shops, I have always been tempted, but I''ve NEVER done it in a shop--it just never felt right to do it. Though I have tried on my mom''s dress and my sister''s dress for fit. My sister''s is gorgeous but not right for me. I might wear my mom''s, though I put it on one time like 5 1/2 years ago and I''m not sure. I might want a new one just for me!!

JC and MS, your dresses are SO lovely!!!!! I''m so excited for you both! It''s really happening!!!
9.gif
9.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
All your dresses are just gorgeous! I''m so excited for you gals!
36.gif

My boyfriend has recently told me he wants a 2006 wedding and I''m so disappointed. I know that 2006 is a perfectly good year, but it''s just that I had my heart set on 2005. Also, it confused me because months before he said he would ask me "soon". Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Also, my friends, family, and coworkers have started asking me if he''s proposed yet. I try to tell them politely that I will inform them the minute it happens (so they do not need to ask) but they just don''t get it and it''s stressing me out!
39.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry DG
8.gif

I really think that boys should be legally barred from ever uttering the word "soon." I''ve been hearing soon for almost a year now. Which later was changed to "very very soon." Clearly boys have a different definition for soon, and even when clarified, it still hasn''t happened!

Perhaps now is the time to establish how much time you''re going to need to plan the thing, b/c if he wants a 2006 wedding, then 1) you MUST be engaged in 2005, and 2) if you want to get married in the Spring and need, say, a year to plan, then he has to make SOON mean like, in a few months!!

(Not that it''s worked for me, but maybe you''ll have better luck!!)
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''ve just taken to holding up my empty, sad little naked left hand and giving them the, "do you REALLY have to ask?!" stare. I mean, come on--as if they wouldn''t have heard!! I get the same thing!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Going back to the ''soon'' thing... when my fiance is distracted on the computer, ''just a second'' could be up to half an hour later; similarly, ''just a minute'' might last a few hours. So ''soon'' is just impossible to predict (for the record, it was probably a year after I initally heard that ''married soon'' and got a diamond... though he''d gotten me a promise ring years before.
1.gif

I got pictures of myself in my dress... unfortunately, my mother didn''t check the settings on the camera and they were taken at the lowest possible resolution. I can''t get mad - she was SO excited! My dad insisted on going back with us to see it. Then he started sniffling - this man NEVER cries. I see pictures of the dress in magazines and can''t believe how different it looks in real life and on my body!

.. is it a problem when my sister thinks that I''m really going to spend $10+ per invite and that they should be a ''surprise'' (she''s a graphic designer)? Always a challenge!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2004 7:19:24 PM
Author: blueroses
I've just taken to holding up my empty, sad little naked left hand and giving them the, 'do you REALLY have to ask?!' stare. I mean, come on--as if they wouldn't have heard!! I get the same thing!
Me too! Come on people- when it happens every person I know will hear the news... quickly.

All- those dresses and locations are BEAUTIFUL!

So, no proposal over the holidays, but we did decide on a budget for ring. Now it is my task to find stone. Which freaks me out a little. I have done all the research, but the thought of ACTUALLY spending the money is overwhelming. I can only imagine how it would be for him to try.

Once we had decided on looking for the stone, I went and put in an order for an engagement watch. He knows about the watch and when it comes in (4-8 weeks) he wants to start to wear it right away. I said "no can do buddy!" He will get the watch when he proposes- I want it associated with a special occasion- not just 'very nice present from Jen'.

So, since I am in charge of finding stone for ring, any delays are now my fault!
32.gif

Once it comes in, any delays in proposing will then be back to him.....

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DG: 2006 could be a January 2006 wedding. I''m starting to lean towards Jan 2006 and March 2006 as actual possibilities (otherwise Sep, Nov, Dec 2005).

I have been hearing soon since July. In September when I was really mad about it, I looked up the definition and posted about it on my weblog where I knew he would see it and it definitely got his attention. I''ll try to cut and paste...

What is the definition of "soon." I am beginning to hate this word and I hate being patient. According to dictionary.com "soon" has several meanings. 1. in the near future; shortly, 2. without hesitation; promptly, 3. before the usual or appointed time; early. 4. with willingness; readily, 5. immediately

Now that I think about it, I am also starting to dislike the word "plan" as well. And like soon it seems to have a rather ambiguous definition as well. 1. a scheme, program, or method worked out beforehand for the accomplishment of an objective, 2. a proposed or tentative project or course of action, 3. a systematic arragement of elements or important parts; a configuration or outline, 4. a drawing or diagram made to scale showing the structure or arragnement of something, 5. In perspective rendering , one of several imaginary planes perpendicular to the line of vision between the viewer and the object being depicted, 6. a program or policy stipulating a service or benefit.

When someone tells you they have a plan and it will happen soon, and the plan keeps changing, or soon keeps getting later rather than sooner, at what point do you stop and realize that soon can be a lot later or never, and maybe you should just make your own plans instead of waiting on someone/thing else. I guess since, I am an accountant, control freak, and perfectionist, when I say soon...I mean ASAP...as soon as possible. My personal definition of soon would be #3 and #5, and my personal definion of plan would be #1. Of course some people I''m guessing have the #1 soon, and the #2 plan.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2004 7:19:24 PM
Author: blueroses
I've just taken to holding up my empty, sad little naked left hand and giving them the, 'do you REALLY have to ask?!' stare. I mean, come on--as if they wouldn't have heard!! I get the same thing!

lmao!!!

Is it bad that I haven't even HEARD the word "soon" yet??
7.gif
2.gif

DG, I feel ya--I'd had my heart set on an '05 wedding, too, and then he came up with the "I prefer '06" kicker. Not that I can REALLY fault him... I mean, his reasons were sound and I'd feel silly for throwing an impatient fit this early in the game. Ask me a year from now, I might not be so magnanimous about it, lol...

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
GULP!

OK, I just sent a message to Whiteflash asking for their help in picking out a stone, this getting more real by the moment....

I don''t know why this is making me so nervous...it is what I want, absolutely. Just scary step after 34 years of singleness.

Ok, I am sure I will snap out of it in a minute. Especially when I get a reply with stone options!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
GG, I think it might be even BETTER that you haven''t heard the word soon in a while....could mean that there is activity?

JW, this is SO EXCITING!!!! It''s so many pages back that I have forgotten what you''re looking for stone-wise....remind us! I''m so thrilled that you get to actually pick out your sparklie for real!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for an asscher (seems to be really catching on in popularity!), would like it set in platinum with 5x 2 or 3 pointer melee stones in shared prong on either side. We''ll see what I eventually get, but that is what I am aiming for...

I think I wanted asscher because it is a little bit less sparkly- I am not a very ''blingy'' person, and until I saw the asscher I was pretty sure I wanted an emerald cut. Once I saw the depth of the look with an asscher, I was hooked.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hey girls - The soon thing is SOOOO funny.. Cuz while I was waiting for my ring I asked him about every day when it was coming and the answer was always "soon" and sometimes even "Really soon" even though it was months away.. They just don''t understand!! Soon means like.. in an hour!!

And I too wanted an 05 wedding.. I had known it wasn''t going to happen before he came out and said "I think we should wait til 06). I am really really glad we are waiting now though. And you girls.. don''t you all want at least a YEAR for planning? I don''t know.. I guess you don''t need it.. but i would freak out if I didn''t have almost a year.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
JenWill, that's RIGHT!!! You, Lovey and I are all fellow asscher-droolers. Sounds like what you're talking about is similar to the Dainel K Rosebud or Pave Regal (well, in the prongs anyway)? I have been thinking for a while that I really wanted the Daniel K boxter (or the ritani endless love in an asscher) but the more I look and look, I wonder if I don't want that pave border. That was definitely my first love--back when I thought I wanted a cushion, I always wanted the pave border. But now I'm so enamored of asschers that I wonder if the stone deserves to just stand alone? I am eager to hear how your search goes b/c I know they are hard to come by.

Talk to all of you "soon"
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

(that's soon in girl time, not BOY time....I'll be back berfore 2006, I promise
2.gif
)

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
blue, I wish, but I think it means nothing except he''s just relieved we settled on ''06.
1.gif
I want a Sept wedding, and he knows I''d need 6-12 months to plan, so I wouldn''t be surprised if he waited until the..very..last..minute.... especially considering our finances, at the moment. He''s been working really hard at paying off his debts, and he''s down to about $2500... I''m really impressed by that! But he''ll probably want to knock out more of it before making any large purchases. I totally understand... if I thought I could finish off my debt in less than, oh, ten years, I''d want to be done with it, too.
2.gif
So, no, I''ll probably be here a good while yet.

jenwill, how EXCITING for you--I know WF will just find you the best asscher possible for this soon-to-be-breathtaking ring!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results