shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets post our wedding dresses!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
this one, on the otherhand, might actually look nicer in the crappy pcture. This dress fit AWESOME and was very flattering, and I love the look of all over lace (I don''t remember what the train did though..)However, the lace pattern is kind of gaudy.. Its likle little flowers, made of fabric and beading.. which actually pop out from the dress, like they are sewn onto the lace, rather than INTO it.. do you see what I am saying? If it was a different lace.. I would really like this dress.

davidshaltermb12343.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
MS--gorgeous dresses! i really like them both.

re me and the pouf--i KNOW! but these are so gorgeous i couldn''t resist. maybe i''ll change my mind when i try some on.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Reena - that first one you posted by Ulla I think is called "whirlwind." It''s one of her most popular designs. I know that a few girls on the Knot wore it - one has a ton of pictures in her bio. You can search under the Dress bullitain board.

I''ll share what I found out when I was dress shopping - the Ulla that I purchased was originally $3800
32.gif
23.gif
39.gif
, but I got it for $1900 (still
32.gif
but pretty much the best price you can find for a couture dress). I tried on a few other Ullas that were more, plus Melissa Sweet, Elizabeth Fillmore, and Rivini gowns that I loved but were over $4,000
6.gif

I highly recommend sample sales - you can get an amazing gown for 75% off retail. Plus you''re thin, so you will find lots of sample gowns that fit you.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
rms - that dress is so pretty and looks gorgeous on you!!!!!!!! WOW!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
jcjd and rms --- i love hte maggie sotteros!!!! esp the organza overlay on yours, jcjd! im such a sucker for those.
3.gif

reena- have those pix you''ve been posting been ulla dresses? arrrrgh those are to die for!!! i''m afraid that i would look totally overpowered by the big poofy dresses tho, since i''m on the short side (5''2")
9.gif
and i think the second one would look great on someone w/less cleavage, bc the folds in the front will flatter the chest...
1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
goldengirl - The corset top TOTALLY flatters!!! I''m a pear shape, and my dress makes me look like an hourglass. I mean, I''ve got boobs and a waist in that thing! I feel like Marilyn Monroe in it! The first pic I posted doesn''t do dress any justice - it''s way more flattering in real life! Plus, I don''t have to wear a bra b/c of the boning and corset lacing!

rms - You look amazing in your wedding dress!! So elegant and beautiful! I''m in love with Maggie dresses!!

reena - OMG: the first Ulla dress!!!! I LOVE the skirt!!

Melissa - I still like the Forever dress!!! And I see what you mean about the lace on the second dress... she looks kinda bumpy all over... The detachable train on the first dress would be nice too - no bustle!!

flopkins - That''s what I fell for too!! I LOVE the organza!!! The hemline is one of my favorite parts of the dress!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 10:58:43 PM
Author: reena
MS--gorgeous dresses! i really like them both.

re me and the pouf--i KNOW! but these are so gorgeous i couldn''t resist. maybe i''ll change my mind when i try some on.
I tried on the Ulla "Whirlwind dress" and it was really beautiful and flattering on, but decided I wanted something uber-traditional. Plus I wasn''t crazy about the salesperson who was helping me that day, so I didn''t really want to reward her with the sale of an expensive dress. I''d definitely recommend trying her dresses on though...

For those of you still looking (and wanting to spend a small fortune on a dress), I wanted to share a story I heard today. I was out shopping and started chatting with a recent bride. She had recently been married and was just raving about the experience she had at Saks.

Apparently, she lived out east somewhere (Philly, I think) and was married in Chicago, and for no charge after she had her fittings, Saks shipped the dress to their Chicago location and pressed it, etc. there. That way she got to having her fittings close to her home and her dress in perfect condition close to her wedding.

Anyway, for people getting married in one part of the country and living in another, it sounded like a great option (the only problem is their dresses start around $2000, so you do have to be expecting to spend quite a bit). Just wanted to share!

Do other national retailers have programs like this as well?

flee12

Rough_Rock

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock

Gals, I am an old married lady (8 years this month) but I''d like to share this picture. This is my 73-year old grandfather jitterbugging with me at my wedding (I was 23)--and I think the dress looks great too!

2.gif
I had the poufy, 200 layers of tulle dress with an Austrian crystal beaded bodice and matching crown headpiece. it was my dream dress and I love it still!

PS I know tiaras/crowns have come up and while not for everybody, I loved mine and think if you want to be a princess, go for it!

1.gif

wedding.me.pa.jpg

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
And what is it I notice first about J.Flo''s picture?.... the frickin'' LASER BEAM shooting off her left ring finger!!!
3.gif
2.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
lol.. goldengirl is SOOOO right!

But.. I think that J. Flos dress IS really pretty! Its.. like.. what you think of when you think of "wedding gown." Lots of lace and beading and poofiness.. Very princess like!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of my tulle wedding gown that made me feel like a fairly tale princess the day I married websailor.

If you look carefully you can see websailor's w-ring with 7 GH-SI diamonds .56 ct TW. (LOL they were NOT ideally cut)
Edited to say I think we "lost" his ring during the file compression to get the picture below 1 Mb.

Wedding_Staircase_05h.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer and Cflutist- you two look so Beautiful.

Thanks for posting your pictures.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Jennifer and Cflutist you look so pretty!!! And of course JFlo has a disco ball shimmering off her finger even in dim lighting!!
2.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/26/2004 10:30:18 PM
Author: sevens one
Jennifer and Cflutist- you two look so Beautiful.

Thanks for posting your pictures.
Nan, Jennifer and I have traded wedding pics and yes our dresses are very similar. I got married 8 months after she did. We are almost soul sisters, even our birthdays are a day apart on the calendar (but I am older by many years LOL).

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
ooooh.. that TRAIN.. I loooove big long trains like that.. it makes me want one!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer and cflutist - you two look incredible in your dresses!!!! And it is apparent to me that your fairytales have continued to this day! Congratulations!

Jennifer - Such a sweet picture of you and your grandfather!! I love it!!!

cflutist - websailor is just BEAMING!!!!!!! And with good reason - you look smashing!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I''m sooooooooooo excited.. I went back and tried on the Now and Forever all lace strapless gown.. and I am in love with it.. it is THE one.. AND I am going to get this AWESOME cathedral length veil that goes with the gown perfectly.. and it just makes the whole ensemble!! My mom and FMIL and FSIL all came with.. me, mom and FMIL all cried!!!!! Its so perfect.. FSIL has pics of me in the dress and veil on her digital camera.. but she hasnt emailed them to me yet! I can''t wait to post them!!!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
MS - Congratulations!!! Isn''t it the best feeling to put on the dress that''s meant to be yours?? I''m so excited to see those pictures - hurry up!!
2.gif

YAY for you!!
36.gif

JKohio

Rough_Rock
My dress is a Maggie Sottero, too -- very similar to this one (mine is probably from last season). I found it at a consignment shop around here for half the retail price. I never expected to spend so much on a dress, but I fell in love with it after trying on about 15 dresses between 2 shops. Yeah, I guess I found The Dress pretty quickly.
emsmile.gif
I will be having it altered, adding a halter strap around the neck & removing the top layer of ''pouf'' under the skirt. It will still look full though because of the pleats in the skirt. I LOVE
emlove.gif
the blue swarovski crystal beading on the top as well as the matching purse & stole.

Giovanni.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Jkohio! Lovely gown! Looks like a princess!

Here are my pics!!

Funny looking shot of the front of the dress

PC270083s.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Here is the back. Shows a little bit of the veil.. but none of them really show the detail. When I have it up around my face its just sooo pretty! I loove the back of this dress though..

PC270084s.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
and a little bit better pic of the front (where i''m not standing on the hem of the dress!)

PC270085s.JPG

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
MS - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!!!! It really looks lovely on you! What a beautiful dress
30.gif

Jkohio - what a pretty dress! You''ll look like a princess! I love the beading.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
MS you look so pretty. I love your dress.

This is a great thread!

reena

Ideal_Rock
the dress is beautiful, MS, and you are such a cutie! i''m so happy for you.
1.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Here's what mine looked like...I want to wear it again...it's an angelina...all silk gazar, shiny silk folds over at top and bottom, same band at hem...covered buttons down the back...i miss my dress!!! klr

wedding day.jpg

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
J.Flo & cflutist, you both look like princesses. Your dresses are beautiful and you all (all including websailor!
2.gif
) look so happy!!

JKohio, I LOVE Maggies!! The corset backs are just so stunning! I love the beading... it'll definitely make you stand out!

MS, that dress is sooo flattering on you. I know you are going to feel so elegant and regal on your wedding day! ..and I can see some of the detail on that veil, it's fantastic.. I love how it's just a little bit longer than the train!

heart prongs, your dress is simple and lovely--just what I want in my own wedding gown. I love the way it's bustled at the back... and I l-o-v-e your location!!
3.gif

I can't wait until it's my turn to share my dress!!
5.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
thanks for all the sweet compliments girls!!! I couldn''t wait to post my pictures here.. its so funny how excited I get to share things with you guys!
Heartprongs - Your dress is beautiful! is that your wedding picture?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, I just want to add that I am LOVING seeing all these gorgeous dresses--actual, past, future, potential--and it''s great to lurk over here and share the fun! I will be posting here for real at SOME point (once I graduate from THE LIST!!) but for now, I''m so thrilled for all of you....it''s so cool how everyone seems to find the perfect dress for them.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results