shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets post our wedding dresses!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCbride

Rough_Rock
Lets all post our gowns!!!
Here''s mine

gown3333333.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a dress yet. (Engaged just over a week)
But this is my dream dress
melissasweetgownwdetail.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
and that would be my dream weight... 64 pounds soaking wet...
9.gif

Melissa Sweet gown, right?

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
Deleted that post - totally had a blonde moment and posted it on the wrong thread...haha sorry!
28.gif

tachi

Rough_Rock
ooooo... i love that melissa sweet dress too. i love the whole look... the dress and the hair. i ended up getting a totally different dress but i still love that one. it''s actually the pic on the back of my wedding organizing binder!!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - I''m game... I wanted something simple & light for a Carribbean wedding, ideally A-line with a v-neck... and this was the only dress I found that I really liked so I ordered it on-line in ''pearl'', sight unseen (minus the butterfly TYVM), for $290 (+S/H). It was special-ordered so it took a few months but I got it last wk & it''s really Luvly!!
9.gif

AlexWedDress.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I love seeing all these wedding dresses.
emlove.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Alexah! That dress is freaking GORGEOUS! And you got it for under $300?? Thats CRAZINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2004 12:20:25 PM
Author: MelissaSue
Alexah! That dress is freaking GORGEOUS! And you got it for under $300?? Thats CRAZINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!
I love that dress too! Very pretty and amazing at under $300!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2004 4:20:30 PM
Author: njc
Date: 11/3/2004 12:20:25 PM

Author: MelissaSue

I love that dress too! Very pretty and amazing at under $300!

Thanks soo much Melissa & njc!!
9.gif
Btw, it came to a grand total of $315 w shipping & handling, tho I still have to find a veil & shoes...
2.gif

Melissa - I luv that dress you posted!! And NYC, yours is FAB too!! Anyone else care to share....?
30.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine - Maggie Sottero''s Paulette.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
treysar - You didn''t post a pic! No worries.. I''ll find one!

Here it is! Very pretty!!!
Paulette.jpg

Are you wearing it Halter or strapless??

However, while I was searching for your dress (It was on like the LAST page) I absoultely have fallen in LOVE with some of the Maggie gowns.. And I know they are available around here, and somewhat affordable.. Maybe I will be a Maggie bride tooo!

Melissa

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine, just bought it last Friday!

s032113.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Maggie Sottero''s dresses are sooo pretty!!
30.gif
Your dress is absolutely gorgeous treysar!! ...As is yours Girls-Best-Friend - wonderful that you found your perfect gown!!
36.gif

Bride2BeVintage

Rough_Rock
I''m so glad people are posting their dresses. I LOVE this stuff.

aliciamt7

Rough_Rock
I love my gown--I get to wear it in 4 months!!! It''s a Maggie Sottero also, Maggie Mariella. It''s VERY similar to the previous one posted on here!

47b4d902b3127cce998ca4fe393400000016108AbsXDhk1Ytj

47b4db07b3127cce998ca4f45bee00000016108AbsXDhk1Ytj

Everyone''s gowns are GORGEOUS!!! I love the Lazaro''s too!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooh. I just LOVE all these dresses. You girls have great tastes! That Mariella was one of the maggie''s I was talking about when I said I fell in love with some of those dresses while browsing her site. Its so pretty. I just love the long flowy skirt.I think I have my heart set on lace, but those are so pretty too.

Melissa

NYCbride

Rough_Rock
Keep them coming
9.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I love all of your dresses! Wish i had one to post.
39.gif
But hopefully soon enough!
9.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the back of my dress........the sleeves were scratchy and I ended up tucking them in and wearing it strapless. I''ll find a picture of the front. My dress budget was $300.

jaimeaj.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mariahlyn- you look beautiful.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
MellissSue, where did you find that dress at? I love it!
3.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Heh, mine''s going to be a custom job by my mom, incorporating the details of many dresses that I like. :)

It''ll have a wrap bodice kinda like this:

462_front.jpg

And a back kinda like this:

335554%3A323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2324%3D525%3D82%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E2323338%3C94467ot1lsi

And a silhouette kinda like this:

lezu_1081.jpg

This is all "kinda" what I have in mind, but you get the idea.
1.gif

.....just need the RING first!!
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the actual dress worn by marriahlyn and the picture of the one being acquired by Girls-best-friend and the mental image I concocted from the pictures of different gowns (from each of which she planned to take a piece) by goldengirl. My gown was, by comparison, very dowdy. All of yours are far more sleek and elegant. I do not like off-the-shoulder gowns on brides, but even a spaghetti strap can make a gown look "bridal" to me. Not that I saw a single gown I didn't like in that thread! They *ALL* are lovely!

Deborah

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments. The dress was really elegant but ended up costing a lot more than my original budget (this was 2nd wedding). The sheer beaded sleeves had to be made smaller to fit tightly over my shoulder so beading had to be redone my hand costing over $100 in alterations.

bonniedrsfrt.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
LMurden - The dress is a Melissa Sweet. The style name is "Hallie." I saw it originally in "The Knot" magazine. I''ve never actually seen it in real life, because I don''t live anywhere close to anywhere that is civilized and has not so popular designers. You can go to the Melissa Sweet website to see if there are any retailers in your area.
malldress%20ad.jpg
This is a dress that I have seen locally, but haven''t gotten to trying on yet. Its by Forever Yours, in their "Now and Forever" collection. Its about 1/3 of the price of the Melissa Sweet from what I can tell.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock

I just bought my dress yesterday and cannot even BEGIN to explain how excited I am! It is designed by Richard Glasgow and the fabric/workmanship is just out of this world... Since I am short and rather petite, I thought I would never be able to wear a skirt this full but because he such a fabulous fabulous designer, it ends up looking full but not "poofy."

I LOVE it though!

36.gif

RGOlivia.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2004 8:43:11 PM
Author: marriahlyn
Thanks for the compliments. The dress was really elegant but ended up costing a lot more than my original budget (this was 2nd wedding). The sheer beaded sleeves had to be made smaller to fit tightly over my shoulder so beading had to be redone my hand costing over $100 in alterations.

The dress is even more exquisite when seen close up, although you looked better in it than the model does! You were a truly lovely bride!

Deborah

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
MelissaSue, thanks for the info.!

tachi

Rough_Rock
abradabra, i love your dress. it''s so pretty... simple but not boring... totally my kind of dress!! i love the ribbon detailing at the waist. how does it look in the back? details, details, details!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results