shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets post our wedding dresses!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JC-
I am logged in but still can''t see your pics. I am travelling over to the maggie website to see your dress, but I wanna see the pics of it on you! coudl you try reposting?
melissa

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooh. I just saw it on the maggie website.. and its GORGEOUS. I think I like it even better than the Julie. can''t wait til i can see your pics.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2004 11:27:35 PM
Author: aliciamt7

I love my gown--I get to wear it in 4 months!!! It''s a Maggie Sottero also, Maggie Mariella. It''s VERY similar to the previous one posted on here!

47b4d902b3127cce998ca4fe393400000016108AbsXDhk1Ytj

47b4db07b3127cce998ca4f45bee00000016108AbsXDhk1Ytj

Everyone''s gowns are GORGEOUS!!! I love the Lazaro''s too!
That is cool!! I went with Maggie Mariella too, and just got married on Nov. 12. The first picture here which is from the Maggie website doesn''t do it justice in my opinion. I absolutely adored my dress. It was actually pretty funny because with the corset, I got complimented on the back of the dress way more than the front of the dress. Everybody kept telling me to turn around. aliciamt7, is the second pic your actual dress? did you go with the lilac beading? I went with white on white and thought it was great. I almost went with the lilac though, because I loved it that way too. I put lilac in my flowers to make up for it. I am dying to upload a pic and show everybody, but I can''t get it to upload...I keep getting errors. Help!

The other cool thing (although some folks might think it''s crazy) is that we are actually having a second reception in February, and I get to wear my dress twice! We live far away from our families so wanted to have a reception in my hometown too. I am actually pretty excited to wear my dress again.

I love looking at everyone''s dresses. It seems that a lot of people are going for the not so poofy look...simple and lovely!

snapdragon

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/21/2004 11:59:38 AM
Author: reena

Date: 12/19/2004 1:30:44 PM
Author: snapdragon
I think my friend has this dress. It''s gorgeous.
snapdragon--that dress IS gorgeous. who makes it?

thanks guys for all of the moral support about being a slacker bride-to-be! the real problem is that we''re about to embark on three months of craziness--ie, moving clear across the country, starting new jobs, buying two cars (we live in NYC now so we don''t have cars), finding a place to live, and studying for and taking another bar! plus, we''re thinking we might want to do the wedding out west, so . . . we need to get moved before we can pick a place or a date . . .
The dress is Romona Keveza. You can see it on theknot.com

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Melissa (and others perhaps...)! I''ll try again...

Here''s the back and my front in the mirror (and my mom with her camera phone!)

I hope I hope I hope.....

JCmirrorpic1.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the train. I LOVE the organza overlay!!!

JCtrainpic1.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite pic of the three - full length of the back of the dress.
1.gif

JCbacklengthpic1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
yay!! Your dress is beautiful JC! I love the little asymmetrical wrappy part of the skirt. It looks so girly! You''re gonna be a beautiful bride!!.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww!!!! Thank you so much Melissa!!
5.gif
(we need a blushing icon!!) I love it so much!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh you look so beautiful in your dress. Stunning.
And here''s the blusher
emembarrassed.gif

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I hope this works...Here is a picture of my dress! (not on me of course)
2.gif

It''s not quite so shiny in real life, but I''m so excited to find a picture of it. It''s Ulla Maija''s "Rita" dress - the color is so cool.

mydress.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh!!! I love your dress sparkler!! Champagne color I presume? It''s stunning, and oh so elegant!! I bet you look amazing in it!

Thanks sevens! I''d use the blushing icon that I now know we have, but my Opera web browser doesn''t have them.
39.gif
Oh Leonid.....

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
JCJD, gorgeous dress. I love the corset backs. Very sexy.

sparkler9, you dress is gorgeous. I have been considering that style rather than ball gown. I do love Ulla''s stuff though.

reena

Ideal_Rock
jcjd, sparkler--
6.gif
30.gif

WOW!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!! I love it too!! It''s actually more of a pale gray/icy blue color
30.gif

JCJD - I love your dress too! It looks so great on you!
36.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay, sparkler, THANK YOU! as you may or may not know i have had a terrible time finding wedding dresses that i like . . . i checked out the ulla site and OMG, her dresses are utterly FABULOUS. i will post some of my favorites in a bit.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Reena - can''t wait to see some of your favorites!! I got my dress at Bergdorff''s annual sample sale a few weeks ago. The original cost was far above my comfort zone, but I got it for 1/2 off at the sample sale. I really got lucky.

I tried on a few Ullas and the fabrics, cut and designs are really just above and beyond. Kinda like the Leon Mege of wedding gowns
2.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 4:43:31 PM
Author: sparkler29

Kinda like the Leon Mege of wedding gowns
2.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

im sold!

would you mind terribly if i asked you what her dresses generally retail for?

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 2:40:24 PM
Author: JCJD

Thanks sevens! I''d use the blushing icon that I now know we have, but my Opera web browser doesn''t have them.
39.gif
Oh Leonid.....

Heh, I use Mozilla and I have the same prob. Not a huge deal...I''ll trade limited emoticons for no popups, anyday. ;-)

JC, you really do look lovely in that dress! I''m falling head over heels for corset-back dresses. Did it support/flatter, or did it smush? I''d hate to get one made and then find out it makes me look like a pancake!
38.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got my pics of my Maggie Sotero, Mariella dress to upload. Hopefully it will show up here. I really like the corset back.

mariella1.jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
a couple more. I don''t have a good photo of the entire front of the dress, but more people complimented me on the back of it anyway!!
2.gif

mariella2.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
ok, omg, i love this one. it's like a princess dress!

ulla1.JPG

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
reena check out the dress you like on a real person...this dress was one of my favorites too!

bland_photo2.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it''s totally and completely gorgeous. she looks so elegant! is that a friend of yours? any chance of getting closer pics?
1.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
duh, not that the person in your picture isn''t real :)

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
no, it is from the website www.insideweddings.com then go to real weddings. I had saved this dress as one of my favorites too- it is to die for~

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay, omg. this dress. i am speechless about this dress. look at the back! i utterly adore it. the ONLY thing i''m not sure about is how far the sleeves seem to droop down her arms in the front shot. what do you think this dress would look like on someone with no cleavage?

ulla2.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
reena - What happened to you not liking poof?? lol :) Nah.. those dresses ARE gorgeous. I tried on some poofy gowns too and I actually liked a couple of them! I however.. have determined I just look BAD BAD BAD in anything satin, especially if it is very heavy satin.

Hey. I finally found some pics of the dressses that I tried on at Davids that there weren't pics of when I tried them on. I wanna show you girls.. I will scan them..

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
okay. this one was actually a lot prettier ON than it looks in the picture. The little band underneath the boobs is sparkly, and the train. I don''t know what you call it, but its like a separate piece of fabric, which is sheer, and attaches on the back at the waistline.. almost like a sash... and it has little crystal sparklies all in it.
I don''t think I really want a dress THIS simple for my wedding, but it was my favorite from the Davids Galina collection. Would be nice for a destination wedding, or a reception dress.. (wish I could have a reception dress) I think!

davidsgalinamb12343.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results