shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets post our wedding dresses!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, twinkletoes that IS very pretty. (sorry i haven''t been following this thread over the past few days!) who makes it?

weemodin: i ADORE ADORE ADORE your dress. i love it. i really like ML''s stuff.
30.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 11:45:16 AM
Author: treysar
Sparkler, sounds liek you and I have the same problem! I''m 5''2''. DD rack, and NOT A 6! I went to this place in the city to try on dresses, and the woman said that i was ''an odd size'' and that they really didn''t have anything like that there, that most of their dresses are size 0-2. HOW MEAN IS THAT?

Anyway, I went to RK Bridal right afterwards, and they had samples in 10/12 which were much better then jamming my ''girls'' into a size 6. They were much nicer there too, telling me that the average size that they sell is 18.
When I got married, I wore a size 10 (I''m 5 ft 6 in)...They had to order the wedding dress in a size 18!
32.gif
It cost $500 in alterations because the only part that fit was the bust (36 D). Even the heavily beaded sleeves had to be completely un-seamed, cut and re-sewn.
20.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2004 10:28
6.gif
2 PM
Author: Jennifer5973

Date: 12/6/2004 11:45:16 AM
Author: treysar
Sparkler, sounds liek you and I have the same problem! I''m 5''2''. DD rack, and NOT A 6! I went to this place in the city to try on dresses, and the woman said that i was ''an odd size'' and that they really didn''t have anything like that there, that most of their dresses are size 0-2. HOW MEAN IS THAT?

Anyway, I went to RK Bridal right afterwards, and they had samples in 10/12 which were much better then jamming my ''girls'' into a size 6. They were much nicer there too, telling me that the average size that they sell is 18.
When I got married, I wore a size 10 (I''m 5 ft 6 in)...They had to order the wedding dress in a size 18!
32.gif
It cost $500 in alterations because the only part that fit was the bust (36 D). Even the heavily beaded sleeves had to be completely un-seamed, cut and re-sewn.
20.gif
Don''t want to hijack this thread, but when I was trying on dresses at Saks, my salesperson said that their alterations were $450 plus! Can you imagine? What if you only needed a hem or a bustle (yeah, right, who fits perfectly in a wedding dress to begin with?)?!?!?!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2004 2:47:40 PM
Author: abradabra

Don''t want to hijack this thread, but when I was trying on dresses at Saks, my salesperson said that their alterations were $450 plus! Can you imagine? What if you only needed a hem or a bustle (yeah, right, who fits perfectly in a wedding dress to begin with?)?!?!?!

I''m 5''5", 36C, 147 lbs, size 11/12 or so normally (wide posterior
11.gif
), and I was actually fitting into sample dresses sized 8 through 12! Now, maybe I shrunk 5 sizes while I was in the bridal salons, or something screwy is happening with bridal gown sizes now... But all of the salons I went to had samples in sizes 4 through at least 16 - must be that midwestern physique influence!!
Anyway, my dress is a size 10 that fits me perfectly - the lace-up bodice helps a lot with the fit, so really, the only alterations I''ll need are the hem and the bustle! So it really does happen sometimes!! I got really lucky there...

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JC - The reason you can fit into smaller wedding gowns than normal clothes is due as you call it "to your wide posterior" in a-line dresses. The hip measurement doesn''t really matter for a-line gowns, so only your bust and waist matter. From your pictures, you look pretty small! Lucky you! I wear a size 2 in pants and I could fit into a 6 at Davids, but everywhere else I need at least an 8, and that Private label by g dress I just posted, I tried on in a 12 and it fit me perfectly everywhere except the boobs! I know I need to get beyond the number thing, but ordering a size 12 will really bother me, I know.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa - LOL - YES!! My bubble butt came in handy for something!!! Woo-hoo!! Honestly, I had no idea that could make such a big difference in the dress fit, but it kinda makes sense... And thanks!
5.gif
but I''d call myself "average", definitely not "small" by any means!

Concerning the size issue - I''ve personally come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to rely on the number on the tag, I just have to try everything on and see what fits (Why oh why can''t women''s clothes be sized like men''s.....). I''ve got clothing in my closet ranging from small to xL, 8 to 14, so I''ve just given up caring. I know how much those numbers can matter to us all, but if you think about it rationally, it''s so arbitrary (varies between designers, between styles, between yearly collections by the same designer, etc....), what does it matter so long as you look good in your clothes?
36.gif

OK, totally off topic - Sorry!!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I had the same depressing experience while dress shopping. I''m a size 6/8 but very voluptuous, and fitting into samples was a challenge. The dress I bought is a 10 so I guess I''m OK with that
2.gif
It fits like a dream - it''s an Ulla Maija (still working on finding a picture) and has excellent "structure" inside the bodice so it really looks lovely as it smoothes out the bumps. The Vera Wang samples that I tried at the sample sale were cut for much slimmer/less curvy women. I also tried on a Vera dress in a 12 that fit me very nicely, but I just couldn''t get over it! I keep having to tell myself that it''s just a number
20.gif

Alterations are costing a fortune because I got the gown through Burgdorff Goodman''s and they use "Madame Paulette." Now that I think about it...WTF?? Why do I have to use them??? I''m going to think about going elsewhere!! Grrrr...the bridal industry is insane.

razza21

Rough_Rock
Hi girls, what fun this is!! I absolutely love looking at wedding dresses even though I''m still waiting for the ring!! Here are a few Maggies that I love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dion.jpg

razza21

Rough_Rock
and another......
emwink.gif

Dulce_Vita_A-Line.jpg

razza21

Rough_Rock
and another.............

Lynnis.jpg

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/11/2004 5:14:17 PM
Author: JCJD
Melissa - LOL - YES!! My bubble butt came in handy for something!!! Woo-hoo!! Honestly, I had no idea that could make such a big difference in the dress fit, but it kinda makes sense... And thanks!
5.gif
but I''d call myself ''average'', definitely not ''small'' by any means!

Concerning the size issue - I''ve personally come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to rely on the number on the tag, I just have to try everything on and see what fits (Why oh why can''t women''s clothes be sized like men''s.....). I''ve got clothing in my closet ranging from small to xL, 8 to 14, so I''ve just given up caring. I know how much those numbers can matter to us all, but if you think about it rationally, it''s so arbitrary (varies between designers, between styles, between yearly collections by the same designer, etc....), what does it matter so long as you look good in your clothes?
36.gif

OK, totally off topic - Sorry!!
I couldn''t agree more! That being said, I was very very happy that my dress didn''t really come in sizes because they cut each dress specifically for the customer (rather than cut the dress to a standard size and alter it down)--they just every measurement imaginable and figured out where they''d have to add to/take away from the sample I tried on. Much more comforting than going from a 4 to a (bridal) 12 to jam the twins in there....

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are too cute. It is annoying that the dresses run so small. I was also going to go to the Vera Wang sample sale, but figured that since I''m still a LIW (lady in waiting) that I had to wait ...just a little longer!! :) Sounded like fun tho. Maybe as a size 8, they would have had a veil in my size. lol.

Reena!!! Where did you find that "jail bait" dress?? I''m in love.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

-lovey

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I believe it''s by Lazaro..

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
JCJD...sorry so late to post...but my bridesmaids dresses are light silver blue. I too got a maggie sottero dress! I love the lace up corsets! I love those dresses that were posted with the french bustles in the front and back...absolutely beautiful. I''m hoping that I will be able to do similar bustles to the back of my dress for the reception. Still 3 more months before I get to try it on again....here''s the pic from when I realized it was the one!

Love all the dresses....too bad we can''t wear it for more than one day...

regency 1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
tulipcloud- WOW.. that dress is GORGEOUS and it looks GREAT on you!!

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
tulipcloud. Your dress is gorgeous. It is definitely the one.

Reena, that dress is a justina mcCaffrey again. I love here stuff.

Now for sexy
3425%3B89523232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3A63%3E899%3Ewsnrcg%3D32325233%3A6654nu0mrj

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
tulipcloud - you look beautiful in your dress!!! I agree, that''s "THE ONE"!! I like the necklace you were wearing too! I absolutely love Maggie dresses now!!! They do amazing things for the female figure!

The silver blue sounds great for a summer wedding! Even better than all your maids agreed on it! My sister (MOH) chose a wine red for the dresses, and I''ll just let the other maids choose their own style, so long as it matches the others somewhat. My sister''s looking at square neck halter dresses with corset tops, like:
493e04eb-1eb1-400f-a016-30498d932c51.9f2f8a65-cfdb-444d-9997-7f2f2156fcf2.normal.jpg

So my color scheme will be Berries - berry-colored mom dresses, berry-colored flowers, berries on the cake, etc.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
tulipcloud, that's so funny...I just saved that dress to my "inspiration" folder... mine may very well end up like that, or at least have a few of its characteristics... it's a beautiful dress!!

Guys, my latest love has been with corset dresses. I'm LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING corset dresses. There's something ultra-feminine about corsets, period, that I just love...
30.gif
My only real fear is, (okay and this is stupid because I'm NOT a big girl) that once the dress is laced up I'll have that little roll of shoulder blade fat sticking over the edge. Doesn't matter if you actually HAVE any fat there, somehow the models never have them but pics of the dresses on real girls ALWAYS do. So I'm afraid a corset dress will magically procure me some back fat. Euw.
40.gif

Anybody try them on and can reassure me otherwise?? I'm too superstitious to actually try them on until I'm engaged.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 1:15:51 PM
Author: goldengirl
tulipcloud, that''s so funny...I just saved that dress to my ''inspiration'' folder... mine may very well end up like that, or at least have a few of its characteristics... it''s a beautiful dress!!

Guys, my latest love has been with corset dresses. I''m LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING corset dresses. There''s something ultra-feminine about corsets, period, that I just love...
30.gif
My only real fear is, (okay and this is stupid because I''m NOT a big girl) that once the dress is laced up I''ll have that little roll of shoulder blade fat sticking over the edge. Doesn''t matter if you actually HAVE any fat there, somehow the models never have them but pics of the dresses on real girls ALWAYS do. So I''m afraid a corset dress will magically procure me some back fat. Euw.
40.gif

Anybody try them on and can reassure me otherwise?? I''m too superstitious to actually try them on until I''m engaged.

My corset-dress actually minimized my back fat. I honestly suspect that it squished it all into my boobs, cause the girls looked amazing! The lady tied me up pretty tight too, and I didn''t have any shoulder blade pudge, even though I couldn''t breathe.

There''s something ultra-feminine about corsets, period, that I just love...
30.gif
I agree
9.gif

My only real fear is, (okay and this is stupid because I''m NOT a big girl) that once the dress is laced up I''ll have that little roll of shoulder blade fat sticking over the edge.
why would that be a problem??? corsets are designed to push things up

somehow the models never have them but pics of the dresses on real girls ALWAYS do. So I''m afraid a corset dress will magically procure me some back fat. Euw.
40.gif
model schmodel!!! the pics are all enhanced anyway - and who decided that that look was the sole determinent of beauty???

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I unfortuntately am a 2 dress bride! I also have lots of pics in dresses (who doesn''t love ''em).

But here''s my lazaro 8143. Old camera - sorry!

nrldresso1.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Tulip cloud and Laney- your dresses are simply beautiful.
I LOVE this thread.

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
thank you so much everyone!!! it was a great sigh of relief to get the gown ordered, but it still doesn''t stop me from look at more.!

laney..that lazaro dress is absolutely gorgeous!! it flows so beautifully!

As for corset tops...they are sooooo sexy and flattering! I am worried more about the fat chucks that come out from the armpits than back fat!
9.gif
hahaha...but amazingly, when they pull tight the corset...and fits right..it doesn''t oozzee...hahaha..i can''t help but laugh thinking ''bout this!
25.gif

now if i can get some more planning and christmas shopping done instead of drooling over everyone''s diamonds and dresses
28.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Laney, that dress is absolutely gorgeous on you! I love Lazaro''s dresses--they are so elegant. Did you post your other dress and I missed it or do you not have a pic of it?

Mmmmm... I agree, corset dresses are so beautiful--so flattering and elegant!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
abracadabra -

Umm no, I only posted "my dress". But if you really want to see.... (it will reveal my neurotic dress search! lol!)

But I have lots of stuff, Romona Keveza, Angel Sanchez, Monique lil, Amy Michalelson... If you twist my arm.... :)

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I thought you meant that you had 2 dresses... I must have been confused....

Do post more dress pics--I absolutely LOVE looking at them!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Okey Dokey - Romona Keveza "Marilyn

nrld03.jpg

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Another of "my Dresses" - YES I AM crazy.

This one - gets the "why did mommy get married in a nightgown" effect. But I am having a beach wedding. I did buy this - but I LOVE my lazaro.

nrld04.jpg

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Is that enough abra? LOL! The sad thing is I have more
31.gif

Just say the word....
2.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - Amy Michelson - and then back to work.. :)

nrl05f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results