shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets post our wedding dresses!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I almost bought that one! (the Demetrios!) Sorry to just jump in here, but I started to browse through dresses, and although I have very different tastes i tend to like looking at all types of gowns...

That Demetrios IS super sexy and the cut is just breathtaking, but honestly, I wasn''t impressed with the quality. The satin was soft, and nice, but i suppose I got all spoiled after I went to all the nice places and tried on all those silk satin gowns, etc...

Not sure if anyone is in or around NYcity, but RK Bridal carried that dress, along with the Jessica McClintock strapless gown with the poufy back and the pink ribbons gathering from the sides for ONLY $300!!!! I almost bought the dress just to freaking have it, ON TOP of buying my wedding gown!!!! I mean $300 for a Jessica McClintock gown that I could perhaps never wear but paw at in my closet and try on at home....eventually I did NOT get it, but it''s such a fun and pretty dress on that I was suprised it was only $300!!!

So many nice dresses, it''s too bad I already have one... can I wear more than one? Maybe I''ll convert to Chinese and have a wedding with several dress changes!!!
30.gif

By the way, have any of you guys considered going directly to a Trunk show where the designer is present, and having them customize the dress to YOUR taste??? my friend had a Herrera made to her specifications, as it actually was a black gown and NOT a wedding gown, and she had them make it out of white fabric. Stunning. I did the same...

researcher

Ideal_Rock
LOP~
It is the Neighborhood Church! We had considered La Venta Inn as my FH REALLY wanted an outdoor wedding and it''s one of the most beautiful places in SoCal, but I REALLY wanted a church wedding (my dad is a UCC minister (along with being a psychologist)). So, the church it is! I think you''ve chosen a gorgeous place though
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 9
6.gif
0:42 PM
Author: researcher
LOP~
It is the Neighborhood Church! We had considered La Venta Inn as my FH REALLY wanted an outdoor wedding and it''s one of the most beautiful places in SoCal, but I REALLY wanted a church wedding (my dad is a UCC minister (along with being a psychologist)). So, the church it is! I think you''ve chosen a gorgeous place though
1.gif
The Neighborhood Church will be a beautiful setting. We would have chosen it if they would have let us have the ceremony outside on the grounds. I went to a wedding there where everyone exited to the grounds right above the surf, and was given white balloons to release when the bride and groom came out. It was really nice.

Will your reception be there or somewhere else?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
LOP~
I PMed you so we don''t take over this whole thread!
2.gif

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I''m gonna jump in here too because I''m in the midst of wedding-dress shopping too! It''s been fun but crazy. I just started looking last week at Kleinfeld''s in Brooklyn. What an experience! I started cracking up when I put on my first dress - what a strange sensation to put on this heavy, structured, elaborate article of clothing. It''s surreal...but then I got totally into it. I loved a few of the Rivini gowns but they''re sooo expensive.

Then yesterday I went to the Vera Wang sample sale (my mom and I got there at 6:45 a.m. and stood on line for 1.5 hours). I left very unhappy because it appears that she just doesn''t cut her dresses for my body type - I''m pretty short (5''3") and very curvy - 34D boobs and a short torso. I felt about 500 pounds - not how you want to feel trying on dresses!
39.gif
Most of the samples were in bridal size 6 which ain''t gonna happen! Some of the dresses fit and were lovely, but I didn''t find "the one."

Then today I had FUN - went to Bergdorff''s and tried on some AMAZING gowns. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh - Ulla Maija''s (sp?) and Melissa Sweet''s gowns were so wonderful. I don''t want to spend such an insane amount of $$$$ on a dress, but WOW I think I''m in love. Unfortunately I have the type of body that requires some inner structure in the dress (boning) and an a-line shape, and that automatically requires some expert tailoring and design, which usually means expensive.

You all posted some incredible gowns - I love everyone''s taste!!!!! I''ll start contributing some pix too!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkler, sounds liek you and I have the same problem! I''m 5''2". DD rack, and NOT A 6! I went to this place in the city to try on dresses, and the woman said that i was "an odd size" and that they really didn''t have anything like that there, that most of their dresses are size 0-2. HOW MEAN IS THAT?

Anyway, I went to RK Bridal right afterwards, and they had samples in 10/12 which were much better then jamming my "girls" into a size 6. They were much nicer there too, telling me that the average size that they sell is 18.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I am really jealous of you girls that live in/near NYC for wedding gown shopping. There is NOWHERE around here that carries the big designers. There was one store that carried Romona Keveveza, carmela sutera, Anne Barge and some others.. but i just found out yesterday that they CLOSED last month and that they had clearanced all their sample gowns!!! I can''t believe I missed it. All the dress shops around here carry Alfred Angelo... and thats about it.. no.. i''m not being fair, they carry mori lee and forever yours (my fav. dress), and some of themmight carry eden bridals too.. . One carries Jim Hjelm, but I haven''t been in there and everyone says to avoid that shop because they are rude and snobby and mean. You see my point though.. If I wanted to try on that Melssa Sweet gown that I love.. I''m SOL.

Melissa

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Treysar - I know it''s so frustrating! I''m a size 8 in regular clothes and not a large person but I''ve had one person classifying me as plus size! I''ve found the whole process to be really odd.

I just had to pop in to say that I BOUGHT MY DRESS! I can''t believe it! We don''t even know where we''re getting married yet, but I have the dress!
20.gif
I just got back from a sample sale at Bergdorff''s and the Ulla Maija dress I fell in love with yesterday was half price!!! I guess it was mean to be! It''s fabulous - but I can''t seem to find a picture. It''s strapless, with a "modified trumpet" silhouette. In the back it''s got this fabric that gathers and is finished with a sassy bow. It''s very plain in the front and has a bit of fun going on in the back. So luxe, so fabulous. And the color is divine - it''s kind of a glacial gray blue white color. So gorgeous...I cannot believe it!

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 11:45:16 AM
Author: treysar
I''m 5''2''. DD rack,
LOL! that cracked me up treysar. (not to mention made me a leeeeetle bit jealous, with my double A batteries here.
3.gif
2.gif
)

sparkler that is so AMAZING about your dress! see if you can find a pic!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yanekie- Now you''ve said the "O" word. Oscar. Oscar De La Renta. I love him I love him I love him. I think he and Carolina Herrera could have an an ubder design baby LOL

ju

Rough_Rock
Hey reena, why don''t you try the new bridal for BCBG, I think their design looks flattering on tall and slim brides cuz i''m actually short 5"3 and not as slim and I look bad when I tried them, but I really think those chiffon/silk/lace V neck, spagetti strap or halter will look nice on skinny brides like you. Lets cross our fingers and wish us both luck on finding the dress we want!!
2.gif
Good luck

ju

Rough_Rock
Hi Alexah, what a bargain for the dress, it''s lovely and the beading looks very nice. Do you mind sharing the tailor information w/ me? Thanks

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I found my dress!!! It's Maggie Sottero, Julie. I'm buying it off the rack from a local bridal salon too, so the dress I tried on will actually be MY dress!! I love it so much! The corset style lace up back is wonderful for "rearranging" my "assets" - I feel Marilyn Monroe beautiful and hourglassy in it! Plus it'll help save on alteration costs - don't have to alter the bodice, just lace it up tighter or looser!! I just fell in love with the wrap-style bodice and the organza layer over the satin, and it's not a ton of beading.

MSOT002_L.jpg

genie

Rough_Rock
Here is my wedding gown, you can''t see the detailing but there is flower embroidery on the bodice and along the bottom of the skirt with rhinestones as well. It''s from Paloma Blanca.

gownsmall.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JCJD- I really really like your dress. Maggie gowns are awesome. I tried on the Shayla.. which is sort of similar to that gown.. with the corset back and the wrap bodice. I think the skirt was a bit slimmer though.. but it wasn''t me.. It is satin actually, which your gown is not, and the satin was the main thing I didn''t like about it. (and that girl I work with who didnt shut up about her e-ring is wearing it.. so i certainly couldn''t wear the same gown as her..) But your gown is beautiful.

Genie - Is that YOU in your dress? If so.. you''re a gorgeous bride.. In any case.. beautiful dress.

I''m going to two dress shops tomorrow with my mom. We''re getting up early and doing xmas shopping in the AM and then hae appointments at shops at 12 and 2. My goal is to try on something different than what I think that I want.

Melissa

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
This is the shayla. Its not as similar to the Julie as I remembered. but its still pretty.

Edit. I dont know what the deal with the maggie site is. Whenever I copyy something from there it shows up at first but then an hour later shows red x box

Here is a link

genie

Rough_Rock
yes, that''s me in the gown on my wedding day! And thank you very much!

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 9:52:59 PM
Author: genie
yes, that's me in the gown on my wedding day! And thank you very much!
oh, GENIE. what a wonderful photograph--not to sound cheesy or anything but you made me gasp! the dress is exquisite and you look just radiant.

JCJD--beautiful choice!
36.gif

ju--thanks, im going to check that out!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Reeyonce,

I think this dress would look absolutely amazing on you. I had the dress saved because I loved the look, but as a short & somewhat stocky girl I would never do it justice. But with your slim frame and height you''d look amazing! Low chignon w/a large white flower on one side ... *sigh* ... Isn''t it gorgeous?

DiamondBrideDress.jpeg

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
ooooooooooohhhh, i love this one! why not take this to a local wedding dress designer and have it made for a fraction of the cost?

ETA: ok. my reply didn't work. i was refering to the origami like carolina herrera dress. LOL

genie

Rough_Rock
Reena,
Thank you so much! And congrats to you! I forgot if I posted there, but your e-ring is awesome!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I just love it!!! After seeing it again yesterday when I put down my deposit, I think the model pic must have been turned around - the wrap begins on the left side on my dress, but on the right on the model.... oh well, it's beautiful either way!! I had to decide between the one I ultimately chose - Maggie's Julie above,

Maggie's Olympia:
MSOT_OLYMPIA_L.jpg

and Jessica McClintock bridal # 21014 GIA:
21014F.JPG

But the Julie just made me feel incredibly "bridal" and beautiful!! And curvy!!! Look Mom, I'm not all hips and no waist!! I'm definitely NOT getting that shawl - way too Prom!

Melissa - my computer doesn't like Maggie's site for some reason, so here's the Shayla for others who have my computer problems!
MAGGIE_SHAYLA_L.jpg

genie - You look so beautiful in your gown, just like a model!! I think the sepia tone makes it look like it should be in a magazine, not in a personal photo album!! You look radiant and gorgeous!!!

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to post my dress, too! It''s Noel by Monique L''huillier -- I got it in ivory with a light gold 4" ribbon sash for the ceremony and a sage green 4" ribbon sash for the reception. The picture here shows it with some sort of obi-like cumberbund, which I didn''t get.

noel1.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooh!!! Beautiful dress weemodin! The scalloped lace at the top of the dress is exquisite and delicate! Yeah, the cumberbund is really weird, and it looks like the dress is too big for the model (esp in the tummy and boobs).

You girls are all making me like lacy dresses now! It''s a good thing I''ve just bought mine!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, this is so much fun, I love all the dresses you girls posted, wow! I just ordered my dress last Saturday, here is a picture of it on a model. I have to admit though (and I don''t mean to sound vain
41.gif
) but I love the dress on me more than her, or at least I don''t like this pic all that much)

I ordered it at L''ezu (www.lezu.com) they have really pretty dresses...I was torn between the one I ordered and one from Monique Lhullier (that was to die for), but this one fit the location better...

more pics please! these dresses are amazing!

ps. Researcher our friends had their wedding at La Venta and it was so spectacular, the place is so intimate, the views are to die for, and their food and service unmatched. We would have done it their if they hadn''t...but the picture from your church looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!!

thedressforwedding.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
That monique L''huillier is STUNNING. I want it. I want all the $5000 dresses. I went to two shops today. One had some cute things.. the other had nothing but poofy frou-frou stuff. So I tried on some poof. Some of them looked decent on me. Didn''t love them though. Can''t find any pics of those since they were tag cutters.. but here are some of the ones I liked from the other shop.

STPAT2_L.jpg

St patricks bridal 5812. I tried it on in white, which i like much better than ivory.

pl712m.jpg

Private Label by G.

These were both very pretty. I still think I love my Forever Bridals one the best.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
ivana - your dress is beautiful!

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I am loving everyone''s dresses I think this is the first time I have seen a bunch of dresses together and didn''t dislike one of them.

Here''s the front of my Ideal dress (stolen from Vera Wang)

Vera Wang Dress - Front.jpg

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
And the back which has been stolen from a different Vera Wang dress

Vera Wang Dress - Back.jpg

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
So many beautiful dress...so hard to choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results