shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets post our wedding dresses!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Back

nrl05b.jpg

abradabra

Shiny_Rock

Oh my gosh Laney, those are drop dead gorgeous! I mean really beautiful... And you look fantastic in all of them! All four of those dresses would be perfect for a beach wedding, too!

I LOVE looking at everyone''s dresses. This thread was a great idea!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
lol abra! That was my PROBLEM. All the dresses were great! How to choose?

Just keep trying them on I guess...!
9.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 12:46
6.gif
8 PM
Author: yanekie25
tulipcloud. Your dress is gorgeous. It is definitely the one.

Reena, that dress is a justina mcCaffrey again. I love here stuff.

Now for sexy
3425%3B89523232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3A63%3E899%3Ewsnrcg%3D32325233%3A6654nu0mrj
Yankee!

I tried this dress on! (not by choice... the saleslady brought it over. And I was afraid of it!!!)

But it is made of the most incredible material. That silk satin is sooo thick it doesn''t show any buldges.. AND - just so you know- it does "MEET" in the front - so it looks like a whole dress - in the back it is separate tho - like it is shown in the picture.

SO much $$$$$ - in ny it was $5K...almost 6 I think...

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
haven''t even started trying things on yet, but OOH how i love richard glasgow''s designs...
they must be WICKED expensive (sorry, new england native here) but ohhhh i love them!!!

CollF04-G3Lg.jpg

CollF04-G4Lg.jpg

CollF04-R2Lg.jpg

Coll04-G1lg.jpg

Coll04-R10lg.jpg

Coll03-G17lg.jpg

Coll03-G20lg.jpg

Coll03-R24lg.jpg

Coll03-R26lg.jpg

Coll03-G29lg.jpg

sorry about all the pictures. but ohhhh how i love richard glasgow''s designs. drool. drool. drool.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I love love LOVE Richard Glasgow's work (I have one myself, so I'm very much biased)! The whole experience made me feel so special and I think his designs are so classic/elegant and they are cut like you would not believe. I have never seen such workmanship on a gown in person and the designs are so flattering on most any figure! His designs aren't cheap, but I think they are really worth every penny. He cuts the dress himself and inspects every seam, button, bead, etc. before shipping it out. PM me if you have any questions--I could gush about him all day long!

One thing for anyone who is interested in an RG gown. I read on the knot that he has a bit of a reputation for cutting it close to your wedding date with the arrival of the gown, so you should order as early as possible and say your wedding date is a few weeks earlier than it actually is. (On the plus side, his gowns rarely need alterations because they are modified to your measurements before being cut--each dress is cut for the specific bride who ordered it!)

ETA: I saw a picture somewhere of a real bride in the 6th gown and it was gorgeous! Oh, I want one of all his dresses... A girl can dream, can't she?
30.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
This thread is such a guilty pleasure for me. Since I don''t even have an ering yet, I have refrained (reluctantly) from going and trying on dresses, but I have spent hours looking at them online. I can''t wait to try them on---wedding gowns are just so darn gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
! I love seeing what everyone finds...it gives me lots of ideas! I can''t wait to see everyone''s final choices ON...that will be even more fun!
This is my dream dress right now. I just found it the other day....already posted it in waiting ladies thread, so sorry for the repeat. I am just obsessed right now. I am envisioning bridesmaids in dresses the same color as the sash and a bouquet of monochromatic redish/orangey roses........(alas, it is only a dream--i''m positive it''s way out of price range
39.gif
)

mldress1.jpg

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Wow, so many gorgeous dresses!! I found a picture of mine in "Manhattan Bride" so I''m going to scan it and then I''ll post. TulipCloud your dress looks perfect on you - it''s so pretty!

And Laney - can I borrow your body for my wedding??
9.gif
You look incredible in every dress...but wait, you actually own all of them??!?!? WOW - maybe you can change a few times during the wedding!! That would be great!
3.gif

All of these gowns are amazing...sigh..

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2004 2:25:39 PM
Author: sparkler29
Wow, so many gorgeous dresses!! I found a picture of mine in ''Manhattan Bride'' so I''m going to scan it and then I''ll post. TulipCloud your dress looks perfect on you - it''s so pretty!

And Laney - can I borrow your body for my wedding??
9.gif
You look incredible in every dress...but wait, you actually own all of them??!?!? WOW - maybe you can change a few times during the wedding!! That would be great!
3.gif

All of these gowns are amazing...sigh..

LOL! I really like the idea of Laney changing dresses a few times during the wedding...Like a concert! Laney, you could have a costume crew waiting in the wings for quick changes!
Keep sending pictures. I haven''t even had a chance to get out and try any on! This is a really fun thread.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I just looked back a page and somehow I missed laney and tulipcloud in their dresses. Tulipcloud- I LOVE that dress....it looks like it was made for you! And Laney--all the dresses are fabulous. Do you own them all? The second (I think the Marilyn) is so classy and elegant and I love the back of the last one. And the Lazaro is pretty stunning too...sparkly yet classic.

laney

Brilliant_Rock

Sparkler29, Tybee - don''t tempt me!!!! lol! my costume crew is ready!!

Actually, no I don''t own all of them... Just two! Yeah, oh well.

And sparkler29, I am letting you know that I am hungry right now! I am 5 lbs away from my ideal weight and it is Sooooo hard right now. I really am striving for this goal...if only for (1) day. As soon as the honeymoon starts WATCH OUT!!!!

The Lazaro is my dress. FI already nixed the idea of two dresses - so only (1) for me...

psuheather - the romona "marilyn" was the 1st dress that I put a deposit on. But I got money back. I dunno what I was thinking... and usually I am pretty good at shopping. Give me wedding dresses and apparantly my head just spins off!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i love this thread! still in-waiting but can''twait to start with the dress shopping craze! since i''ve yet to get my ring, i feel too guilty to do any actual shopping, but i do sneak peeks at the mags...and here is another souce for "window shopping"...totally innocous since i was really just educating myself on diamonds and just happen to stumble here occasiaonlly
31.gif
!

tulip and laney - your dresses are GORGEOUS!!!!!!! i love how i see so many gorgeous dresses here that aren''t in the mags...makes me even more excited to finally start the shopping and see what i can find!

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
MelissaSue, when I saw this new Maggie dress...I thought of you instantly..it reminds me a little of the Melissa Sweet gown...hope you like...

47b4cc35b3127cce9dfd444073a800000016108Acs2bhm3aty

ophelia3.jpg

ophelia2.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooh.. It IS pretty! I love the bottom especially, the way it flows.. thanks for thinking of me! Is this dress out yet?

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/14/2004 2
6.gif
0:52 PM
Author: psuheather
This thread is such a guilty pleasure for me. Since I don''t even have an ering yet, I have refrained (reluctantly) from going and trying on dresses, but I have spent hours looking at them online. I can''t wait to try them on---wedding gowns are just so darn gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
! I love seeing what everyone finds...it gives me lots of ideas! I can''t wait to see everyone''s final choices ON...that will be even more fun!
This is my dream dress right now. I just found it the other day....already posted it in waiting ladies thread, so sorry for the repeat. I am just obsessed right now. I am envisioning bridesmaids in dresses the same color as the sash and a bouquet of monochromatic redish/orangey roses........(alas, it is only a dream--i''m positive it''s way out of price range
39.gif
)
Heather,

You should consider trying to get something similiar made... Dream dress and dream pricetag! It''s just like when someone around here gets a custom ring because they fall in love with a Micheal B setting but don''t want to pay $10,000 for something that doesn''t even include a stone. I seem to recall from a previous thread that you live in the DC area and I''ve definitely read about seamstresses who will custom design wedding dresses for you. There''s a place in the city called New Couture that only designs custom dresses and Katherine''s Bridal Boutique in Alexandria will do custom work. There are others too, but you should definitely look into it!

reena

Ideal_Rock
hi, im always forgetting to drop in on this thread! it is so fun! but i am beginning to feel like a delinquent bride-to-be--i have no dress, we have no date--hell, we don''t even know what STATE the wedding is going to be in.

am i bad?

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Reena- No date (sometime 2006?) No dress (Haven''t even started shopping) and no idea what COUNTRY (beach wedding somewhere).

You are not the only one
20.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2004 8:41:10 PM
Author: reena
hi, im always forgetting to drop in on this thread! it is so fun! but i am beginning to feel like a delinquent bride-to-be--i have no dress, we have no date--hell, we don''t even know what STATE the wedding is going to be in.

am i bad?

No worse than I am
1.gif
Got no date, got no dress, got no venue, haven''t sorted out the bridesmaids/groomsmen. Whenever people ask me about wedding stuff I just smile and tell them I''m not thinking about anything until after I pass my quals ( which will be sometime this spring, haven''t set a date for that either
11.gif
)

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh GOOD! phew . . .

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Reena - you''re SO NOT BAD! I hated how I felt pressure immediately after I got engaged. Everyone would ask me, "what''s the date?!!" and I just wanted to enjoy engaged life for a bit. Now I feel behind because I don''t have most of the details - music, photographer, etc and now I only have EIGHT MONTHS!! OH NO!!! My mom was chomping at the bit to get going on the planning because I''m the only daughter and she''s been dreaming of this wedding for far longer than I have
20.gif

You''ll figure it all out when you''re good and ready! Enjoy the process and don''t let it stress you too much - there are so many cool things you can do nowadays.
1.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2004 8
6.gif
6.gif
8 AM
Author: abradabra

Heather,

You should consider trying to get something similiar made... Dream dress and dream pricetag! It''s just like when someone around here gets a custom ring because they fall in love with a Micheal B setting but don''t want to pay $10,000 for something that doesn''t even include a stone. I seem to recall from a previous thread that you live in the DC area and I''ve definitely read about seamstresses who will custom design wedding dresses for you. There''s a place in the city called New Couture that only designs custom dresses and Katherine''s Bridal Boutique in Alexandria will do custom work. There are others too, but you should definitely look into it!
Abradaba--GREAT idea! Thanks for the tip. WHEN I finally get engaged, I will definitely look into that. See, this is why I love PS...so many creative, intelligent thinkers!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
null

snapdragon

Rough_Rock
I think my friend has this dress. It''s gorgeous.

rcdress.GIF

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2004 10:33:29 PM
Author: sciencegeek
Date: 12/15/2004 8:41:10 PM

Author: reena

am i bad?

No worse than I am
1.gif
Got no date, got no dress, got no venue, haven''t sorted out the bridesmaids/groomsmen. Whenever people ask me about wedding stuff I just smile and tell them I''m not thinking about anything until after I pass my quals ( which will be sometime this spring, haven''t set a date for that either
11.gif
)

yay! fellow delinquents... been engaged since october... i''ve started telling ppl there are two things they cannot ask me- when i''m graduating (currently in grad school and also planning to take the dreaded quals in spring) and when the wedding is... when they ask abt the wedding, i tell them... it''s under negotiation
20.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
lack of wedding date/site/church etc.. hasn''t stopped me from browsing dresses though... my current fav from the watters spring 05 collection:

ww0410_33_b.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
front

ww0410_33_f.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
detail

ww0410_33_d.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2004 1:30:44 PM
Author: snapdragon
I think my friend has this dress. It''s gorgeous.
snapdragon--that dress IS gorgeous. who makes it?

thanks guys for all of the moral support about being a slacker bride-to-be! the real problem is that we''re about to embark on three months of craziness--ie, moving clear across the country, starting new jobs, buying two cars (we live in NYC now so we don''t have cars), finding a place to live, and studying for and taking another bar! plus, we''re thinking we might want to do the wedding out west, so . . . we need to get moved before we can pick a place or a date . . .

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s me in my dress!! I goofed on the style, which explains why the gather starts at the wrong side on the pic I posted of the Julie. Here''s mine, Maggie Sottero''s Mileta!

Train:

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Ewwww! LOL! Sorry the pics are so big! The pics show way more armpit and back flab than there actually is - the pics are from my mom's picture phone and the lights are way bright in the salon. And you can see my bellybutton through the dress... weird... and that's not the veil I got either.

ETA - Apparently you need to be logged in to see the pics I posted... FYI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results