shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets post our wedding dresses!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
MelissaSue, I have been waiting to see your dress--you are BEAUTIFUL--and THAT''S a gown, sweetie!

Congrats!
36.gif
1.gif

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Here are more pics of MelissaSue''s gorgeous choice: (which was almost mine too!!)

47b4d622b3127cceb3d8f3270e720000001610
47b4d622b3127cceb3d8079b0eb40000001610
47b4d622b3127cceb3d807848f9b0000001610
47b4d622b3127cceb3d83eeecf750000001610

CREDIT TO KNOTTIE COFFEEFIREWORKS FOR THESE IMAGES

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Beautiful
30.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
honeynut - those pics are different from my gown! Mine doesn''t have buttons down the back.. and the lace pattern is different.. and that has a lining under the train. They are REALLY similar though.. Is THAT the Now and Forever gown? Because I never actaully saw the tags in mine.. maybe my dress is something different! I still love mine though!!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
MS - Yup, that''s us...I loved that day...your dress looks amazing on youl...you''ll be a beautiful bride! klr
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
thanks heartprongs.. what a great wedding pic!! you look beautiful!

As for the dress honeynut posted.. I don''t know what it is.. but its really close to my dress. but not mine..
THIS is a link to a knottie''s bio who wore my dress
http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=jerseycitybride

Its Forever Bridals 42202 (Now and Forever collection)

rfath

Shiny_Rock
I'm really freaked.. I went out dress shopping with my mother and sister, not expecting to find anything. Visited David's and had a HORRIBLE experience - it was like a Walmart in there, with people running everywhere, shoving, pushing, babies crying. I'm sure other locations aren't like this at ALL, but it was really odd. I ran away to another boutique a few miles away. I'd already figured out that pale-face me looks better in ivory, so at least I had that much of a clue... I wanted something really simple, without a lot of beading or lace. I didn't want poofy! I didn't want a huge train!

Of course the dress I fell in love with on me is a bit different than the one I was envisioning, but... but...
2.gif
. It looks really odd in this picture - the sash (me? a sash?! I NEVER thought I'd want the ends flowing like that..) and embroidery are really subtle. Mine will probably be a bit less poofed even than it appears here - I'm thinking of taking off one of the underlayers of tulling, but I've got a few months to decide... This is a Mikaella dress that hasn't made it to their website.

knmikes051057m.jpg

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous dress, Melissa.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
This is my dress!! I love it!
30.gif

It''s from Pronovias

mams en zus klein.JPG

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Back picture

Yvette_achterkant3klein.JPG

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
and....

another front picture...

The pictures don''t show the beauty of the dress, but it is gorgeous!! I love it

toptotteenklein.JPG

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
All the dresses are beautiful!
18.gif
I like this thread!

MelissaSue, your''s is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
OMG MELISSA!!!!!!!! YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! I L
30.gif
VE IT!!!!!!
And you''re freakin'' tiny! LOL!! I think your dress and veil are so perfect!!! You will be a gorgeous bride! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I''m more excited about your dress than I am about mine!!! LOL!!!

JKohio - Don''t you LOVE Maggie!!!??? Your dress will look incredible with the halter straps! Where will you place them? At the armpit, or at the top of the points?

heart prongs - You and your husband look so amazing and in love in your picture! I also love the bustling! Such an amazing setting too! Makes me wish I lived near the ocean instead of as far away from it as you can get in North America (Nebraska).

rfath - Isn''t it weird how you end up loving a dress you had no intention of ever putting on in the first place? My sister picked out the dress I ended up buying, and I was like "well.... OK, I''ll try on anything, I guess." I love the white/ivory sash look. Is this what your dress will be like, or a diff color combo?

rockchick - You look incredible in your dress!!! All of the dress''s elements are so great - strapless, lace, sweep train, and the side slit is unexpected and very sexy, but still fairly modest at the same time! Pronovias has such elegant and modern gowns! (But the champagne glasses of RED liquid are kinda scaring me!!! LOL!!)

rfath

Shiny_Rock
JCJD- I''m not really sure what''s shown in that picture; I know that my dress will be what''s called ''natural'' with a champagne sash.. so a very subtle ivory with a breath of pink to it with the slightly darker sash.

I keep looking at the picture and thinking that it reallly doesn''t look like the dress... it''s a cross between an a-line and a fit and flare style. The satin is just divine-feeling. The company is a daughter company of Paloma Blanca and uses the same yummy fabrics. Nope, never would have pictured myself in it...
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Rockchick - Your dress looks soooso beautiful. It reminds me a lot of the Melissa Sweet gown I was originally in love with.. the lace pattern looks similar. and that little side gathering really adds a lot to the dress. its really fantastic and I love the back veiw too!

JC - aww.. you are too sweet. I really do think that my dress and veil are "perfect" for me. I''m soo excited. You really didn''t think you would like your dress when you saw it at first? It seems pretty similar to the gowns you had said you liked pre-engagement. I remember I went back and looked when you posted your gown cuz I wanted to see how similar it was to what you "thought" you wanted. The maggie has a little more detail than the first gowns you had posted, but that just makes it more beautiful!!

Rfath - I think I already told you how much I like your dress.. but again.. Its lovely.. So simple and sophisticated!

Tonite is our anniversary (dating anniversary) 3 years. We are going up to Niagara Falls.. and having dinner at the Skylon tower. I guess the falls are the one perk of living in buffalo.

Melissa

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
rfath - The "breath of pink" sounds lovely! I bet it''ll flatter really well! My dress is "diamond white", which is just off white, not quite ivory. I just adore champagne-colored wedding dresses, but they don''t look right on me.

Melissa - When my sister pointed it out, I didn''t like the organza overlay - I''d tried an organza one on earlier that day that I really didn''t like - it was really weird: thick satin edge at the hem, the organza was stiff and didn''t lay nicely on the dress, it maximized my hips rather than minimizing them... Conversely, I just fell in love with the organza on my dress! Weird how that works sometimes.

I love how perfectly your veil fits the line of your train! Soooo pretty! LOL I''m such a dork!
41.gif
Are you going to take the veil off for the reception?
Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy the spectacular view!!
36.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Melissa - thanks for the compliments... yours is a dress that I secretly coveted, but you''ve got the wonderful figure and look *stunning* in it! I''m a bit too curved to feel comfortable in that style (or I''d need to shell out $$$ to have one made to fit me correctly!). And happy date-anniversary! I''m such a dork that I can''t ever remember ours, though fiance does.. and teases me about it every time.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JCJD- I know what you mean about the fabric thing.. I have pretty much determined that I hate Satin on wedding dresses (on me.. they look really nice on some girls..) but when I was looking for BM dresses.. all the ones I liked were satin.. weird huh? I didn''t like the chiffon ones because I felt they were really clingy (like the one I tried on for my best friends wedding). So I guess it just depends on the dress.

As for my veil - I love the way it fits with the train too. I THINK i am going to take it off for the reception but FMIL (who is buying the veil) seems pretty intent on bustling it!!!! She kept asking all the ladies in the shop whether i could take off the bottom layer and just wear the shorter layer (its not possible with that veil because of the way its made) and then she made them show her how it would look bustled like twice.. and I was like.. "I could just take it off"... and she says "Oh.. you''re only a bride once.. don''t you want to wear it the whole time?" And I DO love the way it looks so much it seems silly to only wear it for half an hour..(that and it costs almost half as much as the dress!) but I also would feel silly with it bustled the whole night! So.. that is yet to be determined..

Rfath - you are too funny.. I just like the way you said that you "secretly coveted" my dress.. lol.. it makes it sound a little sinister..
2.gif
I get confused about our anniversary too. I sometimes think it is the 31st.. and other times I think it is January 30th. i mean. I know it is the day before NYE.. but the actual DATE sometimes confuses me. We have one of those little books that you''re supposed to write about yourselves in (like a couple book) and I TOTALLY wrote down the wrong date that we started dating. I think I wrote January 31st! because I think new years.. and I think january..

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Melissa - well, you know, I''m SUCH a stalker!
2.gif
Really, though, it was secret because I didn''t want to tell anyone else how much I liked the dress because I just knew one of my family members would comment about how it SO wouldn''t fit me, no matter how much I protested that I knew that already. Then word would get around (''she actually wanted to wear that! Oh honey, your butt is JUST TOO BIG for that - what were you thinking?!'').

I''m just so bad with dates. I used to forget my fiance''s birthday, too. My own once or twice...

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, thank you, thank you...
9.gif
9.gif

This was the first dress I tried on, loved it too, but when I came out of the dressingroom with the other one, both my sister and mom started crying, so I took that as a little push in the right direction.

This one looks better in the picture though, I still love it.. It is from RosaClara

babel.JPG

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, all of your dresses are gorgeous...the lace ones, the simple ones, the poofy, the not so poofy, the different ways to do the bustle...

and rfath, even the sash!! That dress is really lovely. I would love to see other pictures of that dress if you have any.

I love seeing everyone''s personal styles here.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
WOW everyone''s dresses are incredible.

rfath I love sash gowns so much and actually wanted to find one, but wasn''t successful in finding one that I love on me. I think they''re gorgeous. Yours is especially pretty.

Rockchick, I love the lace dress too! It looks perfect on you.

In fact, I love everyone''s dresses...such different choices but all so incredible!!
36.gif

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
I checked out your bio on SMTR and totally can relate to your preference of the waiting club vs the knot gang. I swear,the P+E and R+E boards rmind me of being in grade three.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
lol. I don''t even GO to those boards. I stick to the Upstate NY board and the Dress board on the knot... I''ve heard about those other ones and I don''t want to waist my time!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/31/2004 2:30:34 AM
Author: rms
and rfath, even the sash!! That dress is really lovely. I would love to see other pictures of that dress if you have any.

Unfortunately, the only other pics I have of the dress are from my mother''s digital camera and have me in them.
2.gif
Pretty low-resolution since she was too excited to check the settings on the camera before she started taking pics... So silly!

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
MS - love your Knot bio!!! It looks great!

Ummmm...your neices and nephew are GORGEOUS. They''re so adorable!!!

Yes - do not go near P & E on the Knot. It''s like an alternate universe over there
14.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
THanks sparkler!! I think my neices and nephew are adorable too! They are very excited about being in the wedding (and about the fact that they are obtaining an uncle!). Especially my four year old neice.. on Christmas she told one of my aunts, who she does not even know that well "When my auntie gets married with Jeff he''s gonna be my uncle!!!!!!!!!!" and she seemed so genuinely excited about it. I thought it was really sweet. And the baby is going to be just a few weeks short of her second birthday for the wedding, so she will be the cutest age for a flowergirl!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/1/2005 10
6.gif
4:20 PM
Author: sparkler29

Yes - do not go near P & E on the Knot. It''s like an alternate universe over there
14.gif

Whoa. I had never looked at the Knot boards before, and I was curious about the horror of P&E you had mentioned. It''s been colonized by potty-mouthed seventh graders! I couldn''t believe it!!

MelissaSue- your bio page is an inspiration for me to get off my bum and be a real bride like you instead of just a lazy fiancee
1.gif
You''ve obviously put so much thought and care into everything and all your photos are beautiful, especially the cutie pie kids
1.gif
1.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
MS- love the dress and you are gorgeous!! i love the lace but dunnos if I can pull it off!
rfath- also love that dress!!! any pics of you in it?! i am looking at something similar to that but w/pink sash - seen anything? sigh. i have yet to find anything, but im hoping spring collections might have some PINK!! hehe. can i say i''m such a girl? i love pink.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results