shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets post our wedding dresses!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Flopkins- That dress is lovely! I like the subtle ribbons in front- nice detail without being overwhelming.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I SO wish I had a different body type! I LOVE LOVE LOVE so many of the dresses that have been posted (especially the simple lace dresses that hug the body). I''m just too busty and have too short of a torso for those styles (I''m all leg--at 5''7, about 5 feet of me is leg (my friends call me "boobs on legs"). Reena, you HAVE to go for one of those simple lacy dresses! I wish I could wear them!!! I LOVE my dress, but it''s not what I would have imagined myself wearing (it''s an a-line strapless dress with a cathedral length train). I tried on all those body hugging dresses, but I just looked too much like a stripper trying to be classy but failing miserably. It really is true that you need to find the dress that suits you best!

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am late to the game...I''m a long-time lurker but really getting into the planning sites and forums now. Wanted to throw my gown into the mix - it''s a Marisa dress and I have ordered it with an ivory underlay instead of the standard white.

Dana

601_front.jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Girls, I love all your dresses and I love this thread!!

Stellamarina, the back of your dress has me completely mesmerized....simply stunning!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Stellamarina~
Your dress is STUNNING!!! I bet it looks beautiful on
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
flopkins - I love your dress! It looks really nice on you! Its simple and classic.. and I''m a sucker for the buttons down the back.

Stellamarina - I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR DRESS!! I especially love the low-ish back.. very beautiful! It looks comfy too!

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies! I am totally excited about it - AFTER I lose a few lbs. hahah. I have pics of me IN the dress and they''re enough to scare me into going to the gym everyday. But I have till the end of October! There are some AMAZING dresses on this thread. There are so many different styles and types out there - all of them gorgeous!

Dana

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
stella - I know what you mean. My belly in my dress pics irks me too! I have a long time until my wedding, but ideally I''d like to lose 5-10 pounds before i even ORDER the gown! I am a little person.. but i have contantly battled with my mid-section. I once weighed under 110lbs and STILL had a big flabby gut.. and this was when I was like 18! I definitely have no hopes of being under 110 ever again..(my hips finally came in when I was about 21!).. but really need to get the the tummy in shape!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Trying on wedding dresses was a bit traumatic. I mean, I have issues about my butt anyway, and then I''m trying on a danged white dress. *sigh*

Must...get..in..shape... Winter''s a bear since I''m usually horseback riding to keep in shape. I had to move the horses and have no access to be able to ride them often enough. *sob* I LOVE pilates for keeping my back in order, and it''s done wonders for my housemate''s tummy. Haven''t seen a lot of difference for my particular problem area, but my fiance and family have confirmed that I''m insane in this regard.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
flopkins - I tried on your dress, and it is gorgeous!!! And it looks so much better on you than it did on me - the ribbons made me look bumpy or something... I loved the soft sweetheart neckline and the buttons down the back - so lovely! Doesn''t it feel great to find The Dress?!
1.gif

JKohio - You''re right, your dress was made to have halter straps!

MMM - OK, you MUST to post pics of your dress now! It sounds lovely, I bet it''s beautiful!

stellamarina - love the lacy overlay!! It will look incredible with ivory under white lace!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
OooooooOOoooOOooh!
I must must must try on dresses soon! Wow to all these lovely dresses! How does one even begin? Do you think about what you want to cover, or what you want to show? I think I am with Reena--leaning towards the "sexy"bride look. I don''t think I want a veil or a train.
Wow...I''ve just got to get my self out there, don''t I? It''s interesting to read how so many of you tried on dresses that they weren''t what they were lookng for--but turned out the be THE dress.
Why does this whole thing make me nervous?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2005 2:50
6.gif
4 PM
Author: Tybee
OooooooOOoooOOooh!
Why does this whole thing make me nervous?
when i went for the first time to try on dresses, i freaked out!!! it was so weird to see myself in a wedding gown.. oh my!
6.gif
6.gif
but then it got kinda fun and i got over it!! hehe.

JCJD-kinda weird how the exact same dress looks totally diff on diff ppl... it still surprises me every time.
1.gif

WOW to stellamarie and everyone elses'' dresses... keep them coming!!!!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i''m officially nutso. I bought the BRA to go under my dress today. Haven''t ordered my dress yet, my weddings not for a year and a half.. but I have my bra! Its a body by victoria strapless slip with a built in bra (real cups and padding..its really nice.. and was only $48.. Its a light control material so it should smooth out some of my tummy region. Then when I lose 10 lbs.. it will be fantastic..

I REALLY should do pilates. Bought the darn DVDs but I did the thing twice and it hurt sooo bad that I couldn''t make myself do it again! I have seen some great results from real people with pilates as well though too.
Anyone know anything about the ABS diet? I don''t want to spend the money on the book!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Hey Reena -- are you here????
People are asking about you in the diamond world!! (diamond hangout -- "Where is.....")

I said, well she''s probably in the trenches! lots to plan!

tachi

Rough_Rock
flopkins, i have the same dress as you!! i think... is yours by rivini or by joli bridal?
it''s very cool seeing the dress on someone else. thanks for posting!! i posted mine somewhere in this forum too but i can''t find it. i''ll try posting it here again later.

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
For some reason my browser at work won''t let me post here so I have to wait till I get home.

rfath and MelissaSue - I hear you both. I am a petite person too but instantly my legs butt, belly gain and I''m currently wanting about 10 lbs off. Nothing drastic, I know things could be worse but like you said rfath - WHITE DRESS! There is NO forgiveness there! With this weather I have zero motivation too. I''m trying.... we can do this! :)
Dana

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
HEre is my bra. However.. I look much more like a sausage in it than this girl does.. she manages to make a control slip look sexy.. I can''t pull that off!
V122293.jpg

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
MelissaSue, that''s a Victoria''s Secret bra? It looks GREAT! I will have to check that one out...

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
yep. They have this one in the stores too.. Most of their longlines/corsets they only carry online.

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Cool, there''s one near work that I can pop into during my lunch hour. Thanks for the info! By the way, I can''t believe how much the dress you found looks like that Melissa Sweet dress! Gorgeous!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
tachi- actually the dress is by ''Exclusive'' aka Allure Bridal (that in itself took me a while to figure out, these bridal gown companies are like some kind of weird secretly incestuous group that carries different brands under different companies with different names...) Maybe you have something really similar?! Please post pix! I am actually still on the lookout for dresses, and can''t seem to find anything similar to this, or at least not within my price range.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Diet starts today!
Wow, looking at these beautiful dresses has me sucking in my stomach---wishing I hadn''t spent the holidays stuffing my pie-hole!
17.gif
I guess I''m lucky, though. all my holiday sins rest on my thighs and butt...most wedding dresses hide that pretty well, right?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
good luck tybee. I''m trying to start doing better too. I don''t really want to start a "diet" though. Im trying to give up soda though and sweets.

tachi

Rough_Rock
flopkins, here''s the link to my dress that i posted in another topic:

http://pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=20566

just scroll down and you''ll see it. strange how the same dress or very similar dress is made by different companies. when i bought my dress, i was told it was by joli bridal. i went to their website (jolibridal.com) but they haven''t updated for 2005... at least that''s what i was told. i''m thinking about putting a antique-y looking brooch in the middle where the ribbons meet to add some sparkle. what do you think?

have you been to the mikaella website? they have similar dresses that are very simple and i think they''re reasonably priced... i''m not quite sure though. (http://www.mikaellabridal.com/)

rfath

Shiny_Rock
I *love* the mikaella dresses (that''s what I ordered!). The fabric and quality is just wonderful!

MS.. I''m jealous. Victoria''s Secret doesn''t carry strapless bras in my size (wah!). I have to try to find something that won''t slide down my body while I''m wearing it, so I''m looking for a sexy bustier that comes in my size. Why do the simple things have to be so complicated?!

tachi

Rough_Rock
rfath, which mikaella did you order? i love the mikaella''s too... unfortunately i discovered them after i ordered my dress. but it''s ok, i''m still totally in love with my dress!!

tachi

Rough_Rock
oops, nevermind. i scrolled back through this topic and saw the dress you posted. i love it!! it''s sooo pretty. i went to the mikaella website (they''ve updated!!) and fell in love with dress 1062. if i had seen this dress before i got mine, i probably would''ve gotten this one. oh well, it''s ok, i''m calm and over the shock now.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
lol.. I SO need to stop looking at dresses! Mine''s ordered. I can''t change my mind!
2.gif

Yours is absolutely stunning as well!

Mikaella dresses are part of the same company as Paloma Blanca, but the ''bargain'' is that they''re not so customizable. Still more than I thought I''d be spending on a dress... I''ve heard that you can get Mikaella for much less in Canada since they''re based in Toronto.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think this is the one I''m going to wear in Hawaii. I am going to have a garden wedding.....it''s really pretty with the jeweled beading!

602_front_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results