shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
yanekie25 - Congrats! That ring is absolutely stunning! Wow! Very pretty!
10.gif

goldengirl - Oh I know what you mean. I have another forum that I visit all the time, but when that one is slow, my mind tends to wander and I end up here and other wedding websites..dresses, receptions, all sorts of ideas. I think this ist just a part of my mourning period, well, not really mourning, but its going to get me over it in the end. I watched Whose wedding is it anyways? (I think thats the name) on style TV tonight and they had a wedding in Atlanta, GA and the location was absolutely gorgeous.

I think I need to watch Sex and the City.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Y25!!! Your ring is gorgeous!!! I love the scavenger hunt proposal...so cute!!!

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
Yea Y25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can''t wait to see had pics

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
OH, Y25 Congrats!!!!! Cushion + pave?!! Helooooo droolfest!! How wonderful
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

BOL, you keep hanging in there!!!

Ok gals, who''s next?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Yankie25! WOW! what a rock! I can''t wait to see some hand pics. A scavenger hunt is so sweet. Congrats on your engagement.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
I have followed this thread for some time now, and I wish they had this during the summer of 2003, when I was quite literally going out of my mind...WAITING for my now-husband to propose! I remember the moments of visible disappointment -- aciting like I was absolutely devastated every time someone else (who was probably five years younger than me and who had been dating for three months less than us) would get engaged... I can honestly say you really do forget all about the anticipation once he asks you to marry him. My best advice is to enjoy this special time in your lives...there''s SO much to look forward to! Congrats to all the Christmas-y proposals...I''d like to be an honorary member as well!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
heart prongs--oooh, are you anticipating a sweet little upgrade?? Does he plan on re-proposing when it comes in?? I think it''s so sweet when hubbies do that!
3.gif

I''ll be happy to add you on the next posting-of-the-list...I don''t expect it take very long, I''ve been reposting twice a day now!!
2.gif

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Heart prongs, do you really get over this? I have been waiting now for 2.5 years...I love him, but at times i feel like I will never get over what he (and my twisted, commitment hungry head) has put me through.

I spent 1/2 of Christmas Day crying over the way his family treats me like a 2nd clss citizen compared to his sister in law, who has been married 2 years, dated 2 years...we''ve been together 7...they got married 5 months before baby...lol. ANyway, she is "family" and I am NOT, so I don''t count. Basically, that is how I am treated, and I am TIRED of it. And I feel like if he loved me he wouldn''t do this to me, wouldn''t have let me spend 3 Christmases in a row feeling this way. But I do know he loves, I just...I don''t know. I worry that I will be bitter about this for a really really long time.

And his 2 sisters (BFs of 2 years and 3 years) and my sis (BF of 2.5 years) are all in the beginning parts of the waiting for thering stage, and I just don''t know how I will cope if they get it 1st. I love them all, and want them to be happy, but for God''s sake...how much of this can I deal with? Literally all of our friends are married/engaged. We are dating. That''s it. We are in the same category of relationships as people who have been together 2 months, and we have been together for 7 yearsm since we were 16!

And I don''t think I would mind as much, I know he loves me, if it weren''t for the comments and the differences in treatment that come with marriage. I am tired of being asked when we are getting married, I am tired of not counting b/c I am not engaged/married/family, I am just tired.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Awww. Kimber - Yes.. you really will get over this. Granted, you have waited a lot longer than I did.. but once you have your ring and the wedding planning begins.. all the waiting and everything really is pretty much forgotten.

As for his family.. it sounds like THAT is a lot more THEIR problem than his or yours. Do you even KNOW that once you get married things will change? It reminds me of the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond that was on last week.. where the mom wouldn''t let the older brothers girlfriend be in the family portrait because they weren''t married, even though they''ve been together, for like ever.. and she said.. "Its a barone family portrait.. when you make her a barone.. she can be in the picture.." Its so silly. My fiance''s parents treat me like family.. but they''re still silly about things like we can''t spend the night together or live together until we''re married. Which is just as silly, I think.

I know its tough right now.. the holidays are especially rough.. since its stressful enough already and then you have to deal with all sorts of family members and stuff asking you when you are going to get married. Last christmas, I wasn''t like.. "Actively" waiting for my ring.. but it was still very annoying when my 18 year old cousin got engaged!!!!!!!! Granted.. they didn''t even make it to the summer I don''t think.. but you get the idea.. I promise though.. It will all be better soon!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Golden Girl - No, I''m not waiting for an upgrade. My husband proposed with a gorgeous Mark Morrell solitaire with little heart prongs (hence the name) last year. I''m not an upgrader, although I will accept additional sparklies at ANY given time! I just wanted to be an unofficial member because I remember what it was like to deal with the waiting game. While my now husband was saving and figuring out the perfect time to propose, I know for a fact that I was driving him crazy! Why? Because I let other people get to me. I allowed myself to feel inadequate when people would look at my naked ring finger every Monday with a look of pity as if to say, "Oh, you poor thing, you didn''t get it yet..." And holidays, forget it!

All I know is that I forgot all about the waiting the moment he got down on his knee and asked me to be his wife on September 13, 2003. We were married August 15, 2004. We had a beautiful wedding on the East Coast and then spent two amazing weeks in Hawaii...And you know what, it all went by so fast. Don''t wish away those moments, because they go by fast enough on their own. Think of how much fun it is to plan your future...to whimsically talk about "When we''re married..." My mom would always tell me that I was so busy worrying about the future that I was forgetting to enjoy the present...she was so right! I mean think about it. Perhaps this doesn''t pertain to everyone, but life is pretty good when you have no kids, no mortgage, and it''s just the two of you having fun. Responsibilities and adulthood come soon enough...and it takes a strong bond to deal with all that stuff. It also takes a very strong relationship to be engaged...I never knew how much work and emotion (not to mention money) goes in to planning that one-day event??!!

Kimber and others, you really have so much to look forward to! Enjoy this time...you two are happy, you love each other and you know it IS going to happen. Even though you''ve been together a long time, you say you were in HS when you started dating. Boys aren''t in marriage mode in high school (I teach high school) It''s great that you''ve stuck it out through college, I assume, and built a strong foundation to make it last. But you still have a lot of changing to go through together. Careers, living on your own, etc...You''re so young...People who meet after college tend to get married more quickly, I think, because marriage is a reality from the beginning. I don''t think guys are out to torture us...they just really want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row...the "provider" thing comes into play. And when they do come around, it''s all very much worth it! Sorry to go on and on!

Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! klr
35.gif

kasih

Rough_Rock
Did anyone else get "faked out" by their boyfriend? Well, I think I am a victim! I was so expecting a ring!
7.gif
We exchanged gifts on Thursday and on my last present that I opened there was no gift but only a clue for a scavenger hunt in my apartment. When I finally found the gift, it was a little box (Don''t cha love those little boxes!?!) And inside was NOT an e-ring, but a nice pair of diamond earings. (Princess-cut, .25 each) I was soooo happy to get something so nice for Christmas, but I think my BF enjoyed teasing me a little too much cause he knew what I was wanting! AHHHHH!!! But I do know (because my grandma slipped and told me) that he asked my Dad''s permission...so that''s a good sign it''s coming soon.

So for those of us who didn''t get rings for christmas, at least we are getting very nice "other" kinds of gifts....right?? (And there is always New Years?!)

Congrats to those who did get something special!!!!!!!!
36.gif

kasih

Rough_Rock
And thanks HeartProngs for the words of encouragement! It''s so hard to keep things in perspective sometimes!

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Melissa Sue - that is EXACTLY how his family is. They like me, I used to be pretty close to his parents, less so now mainly b/c my feelings are constantly hurt. It''s silly things like his grandmother had done needlepoint stockings for all of the family, well I just found out his sister in law got one...or his stepmom knit sweaters for his 3 sisters and sister in law, and let me sit there while they opened them. They KNOW we are going to be married one day, they know me better than her, its just silly stuff, but it drives me nuts. I am pretty sure once we are married it will change...I dont know about engaged. And it just sucks how much what I WANT has changed...I always wanted a long engagement. That seemed like the fun part, lol, but after waiting this long, and his parents crap, I think, ok, I don''t need a long engagement, I want to get married in time to NOT have another Christmas not married to him. But that''s not fair to me. BLAH! LOL.

Heart Prongs, thanks. Oh, and I completely understood why we weren''t engaged those 1sst few years...shoot I wasn''t thinkingg about marriage at that point. But we graduated college 2.5 years ago and I had REALLY hoped to get engaged then, seemed appropriate...yet still not. And he has promised over and over that it is going to happen soon...well I dont know what his version of soon is, but this sure isn''t mine. ANyway, thanks, I hope you are right and I will get over it all as soon as he proposes...
Kimberly

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Kasih -- I sense a princess cut e-ring in your immediate future!

Kimber -- A man''s sense of soon is waaaay different than a woman''s!

Enjoy the anticipation!!!
30.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
No problem, HP. You can still join. But now you'll have to tell your hubby he'll owe you something sparkly...after all, you're on a list waiting for one!!
2.gif
3.gif

Kasih, that is SO MEAN..... that sounds JUST like something my bf would do!!!
20.gif
lol... I wouldn't write him off yet, I think NYE might be good for you!
1.gif

Oh, and yes, no sparklies, but definitely good "other" presents! At least he didn't skimp!! lol....
31.gif

HP, I wanted to add: I'm trying hard to keep that perspective in mind. I kinda wanted to "hurry up" and get engaged so we could get married this (upcoming) year... I was thinking, okay, what is the LAST possible day he could propose and I'd still have enough time to plan the wedding?.. and that day kept getting pushed back, the longer I waited, until I'd convinced myself I didn't even need 6 months to plan. Lol. We talked and he expressed a preference for 2006, for many reasons I understand, and so I've resettled my sights on '06... and I'm loving that I'll be able to experience the engagement, instead of rushing through it. But it's hard, because I do still want to be married to him, for all the reasons Kimber has stated and many more.. still, I'm trying, because I know if I were constantly pushing forward he'd feel rushed, and I don't ever want him to feel like HE'S not my main priority.

So I'll be an '05 engagee, and probably a LATE '05 engagee, at that, but I'll have plenty of time to plan for my Fall '06 dream wedding and still enjoy the man standing beside me.
1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2004 11:39:16 AM
Author: heart prongs
Kimber -- A man''s sense of soon is waaaay different than a woman''s!

YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 2 years ago, I asked my then-bf when he wanted to propose, cause we''d been seriously discussing marriage for a while by that point. He said "soon". Of course, I got excited and was anticipating a proposal that Christmas, or my birthday, or V-day, or .... President''s day...... or April Fool''s day......... you get the picture. Finally, I got so angry and frustrated that I finally asked him what he meant when he told me he wanted to propose "soon". Turns out he meant "soon" as in, "in one or two years" when I meant "in 3 or 4 months". Boy brains are very very different from ours - beware!!!
2.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the congrats ladies. I hope some other ladies post as well. I think my bet was for 7 right. New Years must be the time. I posted more pics on a separate thread

Goldengirl, I too am doing fall 2006. Will we be date twings??? I just want to relax. I told everyone that I won''t answer any wedding related questions until Feb. Give me a month to enjoy just being engaged. People ask you do you have a date. I am like, I just found out I was getting married, how in the world would I have a date.
33.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
I want to play golf soon, however, does mean this weekend!!!
20.gif

gg -- I was looking through people''s old posts (bored much?) and I noticed that the ring you like is the same as mine! Here''s a link to what mine looks like...that''s not my stone though. klr

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Leo-cp-a-sm.jpg

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
HP--OHHHHHHH, yesssssssssss.... the MM heart prongs.
18.gif
3.gif
*wipes drool off keyboard* I fell head over heels for heart prongs with that ring. Frickin amazing. Yummy. Although I''ve since progressed to a more "complicated" style, I still require heart prongs!
2.gif

Y25, I dunno, WILL we be date twins? I want 09.07.06. If absolutely everybody I know refuses to come if I get married on a Thursday, I would choose 09.23.06--it''s Mabon.
2.gif
However, I will push hard for my Thursday, so I don''t imagine we''ll be date twins... not too many other people want to get married on a weekday.
1.gif
But it''s a special date for me, AND everything wedding is cheaper midweek! Yippee!
9.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
That is will so true. I was thinking October actually or late September. My family would revolt on the Thursday, since most guests would be OOT including most of the bridal party.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Heh, ALL of my guests will be OOT as we will be holding it in his hometown. However, the ones I really *want* to come are either retired, or willing to take off two weeks if they had to, to see me get married. The others, I won''t cry over if they don''t show.
2.gif
Maybe it''s a good weeding-out plan for me, lol! All his family''s local, so if they gripe about making a max-20 minute drive on a Thursday evening to see him get married, well, they don''t have to come, either.
11.gif
:razz:

lololol.... I''m not even engaged yet and I''ve already got a Bridezilla-y attitude!!
9.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Golden - That''s part of why we''re getting married on a Friday, plus everything is a lot cheaper then! The day after I got my ring I went and got my nails done, and this girl I met there is eloping in Vegas this spring, just her and her FI. They wanted to get married all by themselves, with a party after the Vegas honeymoon, so their wedding could be uber-special with nobody else around.

OK ladies (and gentleman), [(shameless plug for my thread)] I posted some cool pics in my e-ring thread, so go check them out!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
hi all
the latest from me .........

kinda out of sorts .... and worse, I feel crap for feeling like this because it comes across as SO mean and self-centered.

so, I talked to home on Christmas Day and one of my sisters sprang pregnancy news on me. I''m THRILLED for her and her hubby (have been trying awhile) but it was hard not to feel a little stab of dispair. I am the eldest but am totally "behind", by the time one sis is my age, she''ll be married seven years and have a baby, the next sis ( by the time she''s my age) will have a TEN year old AND a FIVE year old.

even though my sweetheart has promised the proposal is coming and even though I''m realistically here planning a wedding ..... my heart just sank - sometimes it feels like it''s never going to happen for me. Been close, so close but never get there.

I am trying to get a hold of myself about it all and trying not to feel like some pathetic old spinster but I''m struggling.

and how is my sis going to feel about being a seven-month pregnant bridesmaid ??? do I change the date ??
I mean nothing is set in stone yet and ..

7.gif

well, he hasn''t asked me .... has he ?

C, trying hard not the let the spirits of relationships past RUIN how happy I had been feeling ........

rfath

Shiny_Rock
aww Croi.. there''s no rushing perfection. We all do things in our own time, even though we''d like some things to happen sooner and others later... *hugs* I''m so sorry you''re feeling a bit down.

I''m a bit depressed... fiance only stayed here in Ohio with my family for a few days. He''s gone back home now. I''m SURE I miss him much more than he misses me!

Went dress shopping... you want to feel old? Try going to David''s Bridal (don''t laugh! I wanted to try on a variety of styles in one place).... it was a ZOO there. My sales lady dropped me the second someone else more interesting walked in the door. I was *old* there - literally everyone around me was in high school. Tucked tail and went to the boutique a few blocks away and found my dress. I''m a bit freaked out still...

tlmd

Rough_Rock
Hey ladies cross me off the list because I am engaged! I am not a regular poster, but I have been lurking on this site daily since August. I am so glad I stumbled upon pricescope because it definitely helped him make the diamond decision. He bought it online at Dirt Cheap Diamonds. Apparently he had a wonderful experience. I don''t have pictures yet (I can''t get them to turn out), but FHs parents took pictures with their camera that worked so I should be able to post them by the end of the week. The diamond is a 1.24 G Si1 (eye clean) and I love it! I''m so glad he decided to buy online. The setting was purchased locally. I absolutely love it.

He proposed on Thursday night while we were doing our christmas before we headed to our hometown to celebrate with our families. He totally surprised me. I am thrilled. I''ll post more once I have ring pics!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, Croi
7.gif
, let me give you a very applicable quote from the Disney movie Mulan:

Right after Mulan has shamed her family by totally botching her meeting with the matchmaker, her father sits next to her on a bench under a (cherry?) tree heavily laden with blooms, and says, "My, what beautiful blossoms we have this year! But look!...this one''s late. I''ll bet, when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all."

All things come in our own perfect time.
1.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS tlmd!!! You better come back with pics!!
3.gif

gingerBcookie
goldengirl
cute330xigrl
1215n
LaurenThePartier
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
allycat0303
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110
Queenofhearts
Dodger Gurl
honeynut
stacy11101
Erin
Dani
flyerfan
appletini
lovey
LittleOne
Shay
Croi
happysnowbunny
dancinbaby
AMALEEKEL
razza21
Binki
NoonersMom
kasih
blue824
kellypooh24
ammayernyc

So far in the PS pool, we have 4.5 proposals! :) (I get the feeling I'm going to lose this bet, that's why I never play fantasy football, lol!!)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
rfath - I went dress shopping today too.. Went to try on my dress again really.. and look at some BM dresses. It was crazy even at the little place I go to. But I have definitely decided on my dress now.. am getting the now and forever all lace gown and I am going to get a GORGEOUS cathedral length veil to go with it. Its SOOO perfect.. I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! I didn''t really feel OLD but the other girls there were about my same age..

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
I am a lurker but I''m intrigued by the Mark Morell heart pronged ring...I''ve never seen one. Does anyone have a pic?

rfath

Shiny_Rock
My dress is not a whole lot like those that I''d marked in the bridal magazines... I didn''t want a long train, but ended up with chapel length. I can have it shortened of course. It looks awesome with a chapel-length veil, though. Just a tiny bit of embroidery on the sash (me? in a sash?!). It''s a mikaella gown that''s of course not listed on the website. It''s on The Knot, though, as style 1057. It looks SO different in real life, as most of them do.

Congrats on choosing your dress! It''s stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results