shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, girls, here''s the new pre-e thread for all you anxious ladies! In keeping with tradition, I have included all past members as well as current and new additions, so we can be encouraged by all those lovely women who have fallen before us! Buck up, girls, and if you doubt you''ll make it through PM one of our Alumni!
5.gif

Jean
lsmathis1
Mari
mostlywatching
Audrey Hepburn
ChooChoo
MelissaSue
msbennie
Bethanying
JennaJ
sparkler29
gingerBcookie
goldengirl
chialea
cute330xigrl (has disappeared?)
reena
stellamarina
1215n
JCJD
JKohio
tlmd
kaya
njc
ivanadiamond
rfath
Tybee
LaurenThePartier
firerock
tulipcloud
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
yanekie25
sciencegeek
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
Brocksgirl24
allycat0303
dietvanillacoke
aeli
Morticia

Welcome ladies and I hope we''re all gone soon!!!
2.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
Glad to finally be on the list!!! I''ve been reading for a while, but didn''t want to post until we actually had the ring picked out. Not that I''m going to get it soon, because he wants to wait until after the holidays just to torture me (at least it seems like that
emteeth.gif
). But I definately have the fever and wanted to talk about it with people who understand that I''m not actually crazy, I just would love to see that ring on my finger!!!!!!!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
njc, how exciting that he's picking up your ring, but I don't think I could NOT snoop......in fact, I'm pretty sure I couldn't, and even fi2b knows because he just told me he's keeping all my Christmas presents in the trunk of his car!!
9.gif

So fi2b was talking with his best friend (whom he owes money)... He'd told the friend that he was saving a ton of money by moving in with me but still wasn't going to be rich anytime soon, since he would be paying off the friend by the end of the year ($1000) and then would be buying The Ring. The friend (who, I believe, has never actually dated ANYone and is still kinda in the girls-are-icky stage) kinda freaked a little and was like, what, THE ring??? Why would you do that??? So fi2b explains that sometimes, when a man and a woman are in love... lol... just teasing him. He said, "Well, it's going to happen. I can either do it now and we can start our lives together or I can date her for four more years and do it then. What's the point of that?"

AWWW
30.gif

I like this friend a lot, but I swear if he gives my fi2b any crap about us moving too fast I'm going to jump him in a dark alley!!

29.gif
This is his local best friend... his best friend from back home is happy for us, so at least he's not getting it from all ends. And since now I've got Mom on my side....
31.gif
!!

Madarski--don't worry about jumping on the list too early, we're all pre-e-ers, here!
2.gif
I guess technically we haven't picked out my ring, either, but that doesn't mean I don't know what I want!
9.gif
Do you know what you're looking for? Or is it supposed to be a complete surprise?

Oh, and do I think my bf's one of the guys in the proposal section? Well, once a long, long time ago he saw me poking around and was very upset--told me that wasn't "my" area and I had to stay out.

YEAH, RIGHT!!! LOL...

But if he is on here, I think he'd change any identifying details. like, he's say he lived in Chicago or something. But I have read a few and HOPED they were him. There are some rockin' ideas on that board!!
30.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for adding me to the list! You''re so sweet.

I do hope that I can scratch my name off sometime soon.
2.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
I have the ring picked out but i don''t know how to put the picture on here. It''s from a website, so if you could tell me I''d be more than happy to show it to you.(trust me, I want to tatoo it on my forehead at this point!!!)

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goldengirl, it looks like it is coming together. You will be crossed off no time soon. You will be missed.
8.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
How To Post Pictures!
(MANDATORY, when you get to cross your name off!!
31.gif
)

If the picture is on your computer, click the "attach file" button above the box where you compose your reply. Make sure the file has a unique name and is a jpg or bmp and meets the size limitations. Browse your computer for the correct file and click "upload". Voila!

If the picture is on the internet, some people have had luck with a copy-and-paste technique but I believe the easiest thing to do is find the URL for the photo (left-click on the photo, select "properties", and copy the HTTP:// address listed), then click the little button that looks like a mountain above where you compose a reply. Paste the URL into the appropriate line (you''ll see it) and click OK.

You can only upload one photo at a time from your computer, so if you want to put more than one image per reply you''ll have to use the second method.

Hope this helps!
1.gif

NOW LET''S SEE SOME BLINGAGE!!
31.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2004 2:29:15 PM
Author: yanekie25
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goldengirl, it looks like it is coming together. You will be crossed off no time soon. You will be missed.
8.gif

What, are you kidding? I''m not going ANYWHERE!! You guys ROCK!!
9.gif

But man oh man, will it feel good to scratch my name off!!!!
30.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Doesnt look like we are going to get those other girls in here GG!
7.gif
They dont like us!
39.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
oh..oh.. let me do the honor to SCRATCH your name off, goldengirl......
31.gif
9.gif
31.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
DM15500600_RD_100_zoom.jpg

YAY!!!! It worked. Here is the ring that we picked!!!

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Madarski - WOW.... it''s s oooo purdy!! Got a matching band to go with it...?!?
31.gif
2.gif
16.gif
9.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
Actually, there is a matching band. But I am a bit of a simple girl. I am just going to wear a plain platinum band. I want the focus to be on the e-ring. (what am i , crazy???)
emwink.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is nice! That setting will really make the center stone pop! I think it's great you want to keep the focus on the e-ring. I like it both ways....simple solitaires so we can all admire the rock, and overall blingy can't-look-directly-at-your-left-hand brilliance. You can imagine my bf's confusion!
1.gif

njc... I'm sure it's just some confusion about where to post. I'd love for us all to be one big happy family again!!
9.gif
I think it might just take a little bit for everyone to wander over here, but I hope they do, because I like to be able to keep up with everyone and I'm too scatterbrained to be able to do it if they're on more than one thread!!
9.gif

Ladies, I truly think I have found "the one". No, not the bf, but he's great too...
2.gif
I mean the ring. You know how, while looking at settings, you like this one then you like that one but the feeling is always that of "Oh, that's pretty, I like that! Oh, that's nice too, look at that!" Well, I went through many settings like this, but the latest love of mine--the graduated pave--has been eating at me. I think about it all the time. I imagine what it would look like on my hand. I doodle it. I look it up on the internet and swoon. I imagine what my first name and its last....oh, wait, wrong love object!
28.gif
But seriously, everytime I look at it my heart jumps a little. I just want to reach through the screen and touch it. It's been terribly frustrating that I've been unable to find anything remotely resembling it at any local jewelers so I might try it on. I am mesmerized.

madarski, mine's from BN, too, although I'm toying with the option of getting it done locally because there are just a few, itty bitty, tiny little anal-retentive changes I'd like to make.

My preciousssssss:

DM15502000_zoom.jpg

DM15502000_RD_100_275x250.jpg

So graceful!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m waiting too. There should be a prize to the one who gets crossed off last.

That would be me, thank you.
14.gif

9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Morticia....added! I''ve seen you around the site, I feel so bad it took so long to get you on the list!
7.gif
And don''t worry....for a while there (I think, pages 3-25 of the old thread, lol) I was sure *I* was going to be the last soldier standing. Maybe I''m just getting worked up over nothing now, but I''m sure hoping I''m reading the signs right!!
10.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, no need to feel bad for just getting me on the list. I could have asked! Hey, good luck! I hope your reading the signs right too and we see you crossed off in no time!
35.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
that is very pretty goldengirl!!! I really like it. Do you have a stone already?

I have to leave you for today girls. Pray that I can get my mind off this ring enough to function at work tonight!!!! haha. Until tomorrow............. or later tonight when i have to look at my ring just one more time before i go to bed. hahah.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
can i join too? i don''t know how long it''s going to be though! we just started looking at rings about a week ago. he keeps telling me that HE is going to pick it so it will be a surprise, but of course i''ve already informed him that i know that i want a cushion cut! and i put a new ring as desktop background everyday though so hopefully he''ll figure out what i want
9.gif
i''m sure he really enjoys that! but i''d love to be in the club too hehe

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
hey ladies, thanks for adding me to the list! If my suspicions are correct, I should be able to cross my name off in about 1 month!! YAY!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
<------------look what I turned into

Evil Baginses are keeping me from my ring, I am sure of it

njc

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome to all the new ladies!

35.gif

I have been exceptionaly good at avoiding doing ANY work today (even though i really do have something i need to finish before i leave!) i came up with this... its silly really, but at one point i told Yanekie to "embrace the bling" and out of boredom/avoiding work/craving my ring NOW! i created this. Kinda dorky.

So i talked to the b/f a little while ago... was sure he was going to rub it in that he had my ring and that i wasnt getting it (

29.gif
) but he didnt even mention it. He said that he was trying to take a nap because he wasnt able to sleep at all last night (hmmm... a little nervous???). Then he asked what time i expected to leave work and i told him and he said, "good, so ill have a little time." WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!! I think this is going to be the hardest part! He has it and now everytime i come home or leave i know i am going to think, is this it? is this it?!?! I''m even afraid to leave work because i know (at least hes told me) im not getting it today... "it will be a while". NOT FAIR! It was supposed to be my b-day present and that was over a month ago!!!

GG - Im *totally* fighting ripping through the closets. We do spend most of the time together, so not many chances to snoop except when hes in the shower or leaves for work! OH GOOD GRIEF!!!

Madarski - i LOVE that setting!!!

embrace.jpg

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
welcome to all the new "ladies in waiting" i hope your stay isn''t very long.

goldengirl - it seems like the hints are coming more frequently, that could be a very good thing.

I feel kinda left out cuz I at least know what week I''ll be getting my ring, it would have been nice to be completely suprised but then again, I would probably be more stressed than everyone here put together!!!! At least I don''t know what the ring looks like - wait a minute though, i could guess cuz my bf bought it from my jeweler up here (he hasn''t seen it yet either but it is enroute to him) anyhow I told him that i would really like to have a princess cut in a tulip setting w/platnium prongs and yellow gold, but then after becoming addicted to PS I thought that i would like to have a rb but i knew all along that i would like to have a solitaire so i guess i know it will be a solitaire, it''s just trying to figure out which one!!!! but i will find out soon, it will be anytime between 38-42 days!

Good luck to everybody this weekend, I hope to see lots of names crossed of the list by monday
35.gif

LuvthatSparkle

Shiny_Rock
I hate to say it, add me to the list, I gotta looooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg wait!
7.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
ladies,

I haven''t really said anything for awhile because I am still waiting for my ring, well actually setting to be made. But my bf proposed several weeks ago and it has been a whirlwind ever since. I have been waiting to share the story and pics for when my ring is done, but I just can''t wait anymore!!! My fiance gave me the diamond and I got to pick my own setting. So we ordered the Michael B. Petit princess about three weeks ago and it could be ready as soon as next week or the following week, EEK!!!

Anyway, i will followup with the story soon, it was amazing and super romantic and the diamond is the most sparkly gorgeous thing I have ever seen!!!!

so cross me off the list and I hope a lot more of you will be crossed off by monday!!!!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
ivanadiamond - That is going to be one beautiful ring. I love that Michael B setting and have had my eye on it for quite sometime! Congrats. Can''t wait for you to get it so we can see some pics!
30.gif
35.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
i think we may be going ring shopping for the first time tomorrow afternoon! i''m really excited about the fact that i can try on a multitude of rings to see what styles and shapes i like on my finger. i know what i like on paper and in pictures, but i have no idea what they''ll look like on my hand! we''ll most likely go to robbin''s brothers because it''s close by and they supposedly have a large selection of rings. yay!

i should add that we''re just going to browse. window shopping of sorts i guess. LOL

my dream ring is the one on the right. i posted this elsewhere, but maybe this new thread is a better place for it. i want something delicate and feminine with four prongs on a cushion cut stone - for now. LOL i keep changing my mind about what i like, but this one ring is the one i love always.

ringsilove.jpg

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
omg congratulations!!! ... how do you girls keep such exciting news a secret? i can''t wait to see your ring! i love that setting by michael b as well, but i have yet to try it on! can''t wait to see it on your hand! do you know when you''ll have it by??

how about a list of grooms-in-waiting? it is going to be pretty much a year
39.gif
til I am able to get the ring, but I am willing to wait til I can afford the perfect ring. it will be one carat, h&a, F, VS2, setting will be platinum, pretty and classic, preferrably with the diamond set fairly low.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results