shape
carat
color
clarity

The Alistair Kelsey collection

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
1BBC779C-E656-4C6B-93CD-8FC11C23CE8F.jpeg 4666A9E7-BA15-4BED-8ED7-A2BC582978C9.jpeg 69BD1DEB-FFF9-451A-AA4A-E2F7905A8BF5.jpeg 50B13326-ADBA-4025-92FA-9569C73148FA.jpeg Alistair Kelsey has created a men’s wedding band for @SeekingClarity as well as a stunning floret pendant with a heirloom diamond for his wife (with an open back to allow light and cleaning). More pics will be posted in his thread: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rloom-oec-floret-pendant.235182/#post-4237826

Alistair also created a diamond wedding band for his wife. Looking forward to see it!

Oh wow! That pendent is to die for! I love the almost liquid quality of the setting.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is superb! Do you have a separate thread on this? I’d love to know more

Gemobsessed - Thank you so much! I never did start a separate thread for this ring, though I did love it. I say "did" because it is temporarily (I hope!) lost with my other rings (engagement and wedding.) I am sure they were taken off together, so I'm hoping they will all turn up one day. It's probably been 6 months though. Sorry to share the sad fate of this lovely ring with you. If you have any questions, I will try to answer.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gemobsessed - Thank you so much! I never did start a separate thread for this ring, though I did love it. I say "did" because it is temporarily (I hope!) lost with my other rings (engagement and wedding.) I am sure they were taken off together, so I'm hoping they will all turn up one day. It's probably been 6 months though. Sorry to share the sad fate of this lovely ring with you. If you have any questions, I will try to answer.

Oh I’m so sorry to hear you lost your rings! I hope they do turn up!

I was curious to ask about the range that Alistair Kelsey charges for custom setting. I am looking for something similar for a squarish stone I have. I generally don’t do custom settings and try save up through readymade mounts but I have a special gem.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My purple garnet ring by Alstair Kelsey. The rounded shoulders are a true masterpiece.

_4548.jpeg

_4549.jpeg

_4550.jpeg

_4551.jpeg

Superb. Like the whole collection.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemobsessed - Definitely send him a quick note for an idea. From what I recall, the price was very reasonably, but there are so many variables, that it would be hard for me to suggest a range (variables like side diamonds or no, type of metal, and I think the exchange rate was favorable to me at the time.) So, definitely check with him. This was also my only custom piece (and really my only colored stone aside from a cheapie stone I picked up along the way) so it's hard for me to compare with others.

I think if you like his work and have a special piece in mind, that you should pursue it!!!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gemobsessed - Definitely send him a quick note for an idea. From what I recall, the price was very reasonably, but there are so many variables, that it would be hard for me to suggest a range (variables like side diamonds or no, type of metal, and I think the exchange rate was favorable to me at the time.) So, definitely check with him. This was also my only custom piece (and really my only colored stone aside from a cheapie stone I picked up along the way) so it's hard for me to compare with others.

I think if you like his work and have a special piece in mind, that you should pursue it!!!

Ok will do :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I contacted Alistair for a price quote for my blue Zircon to be set in unplated white gold. I showed him Acinom’s beautiful VC tourmaline ring as inspiration. Sadly his quote was way more than I can afford at the minute. He quoted me 2-3k. Just thought it might help anyone out who might be thinking of contacting him for a project.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That price was in Australian dollars! Not a bad price after all :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Maisie do you know if he carries insurance for setting customers' stones? (for non Australian customers)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That price was in Australian dollars! Not a bad price after all :)

2k AUD for that setting would be a almost steal I think.....3k still not bad considering the quality of his work. Also it seems like he is someone you can "trust" more in the artistic aspect, in the sense you know he won't create something ugly....or off in terms of proportions and architecture. That can't be said for a lot of jewelers I think. If he was based in north America, I would have gone to him many times already.​

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
2k AUD for that setting would be a almost steal I think.....3k still not bad considering the quality of his work. Also it seems like he is someone you can "trust" more in the artistic aspect, in the sense you know he won't create something ugly....or off in terms of proportions and architecture. That can't be said for a lot of jewelers I think. If he was based in north America, I would have gone to him many times already.​

I agree with you. His work is stunning. He is patiently answering all my questions - always a good sign!

He said he is insured to work with my stone. Happy days!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

voce

Ideal_Rock

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new piece by Alistair. Awaiting its arrival, hopefully this week!

D93DB262-710C-4C83-9FF8-8846874F22E2.jpeg
Such a refined design!! Can’t wait to hear what you think when you see it in real life.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I finally have one to share!!

Got these photos from Alistair last night. The man IS a magician- he pulled this off in under 2 weeks.

It’s an Oregon sunstone set in rose gold in the Floret pendant, with yellow gold claws and basket. The yellow gold claws are slightly burnt at the tips. The back of the setting has been modified to allow a chain to pass through and allow more light in.

806CBB88-9843-47F3-8F1F-672959BA06AA.jpeg -

voce

Ideal_Rock

Got these photos from Alistair last night. The man IS a magician- he pulled this off in under 2 weeks.

It’s an Oregon sunstone set in rose gold in the Floret pendant, with yellow gold claws and basket. The yellow gold claws are slightly burnt at the tips. The back of the setting has been modified to allow a chain to pass through and allow more light in.

Wow, what a beautiful setting for your sunstone; it's exquisite! :geek2:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Woohaa! What a stunning pendant! I love the subtle and refined detailing and the pure and feminin shape. A gorgeous piece for you Oregon sunstone. Looking forward to see more pics

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
684C4F8E-C2B0-4B7F-815C-0C0CC4FC800B.jpeg BC32CFB2-99C8-4E8E-9101-C441D606DB8D.jpeg 2AE2F9FA-8757-4ACD-B0AC-FD21FFD7A159.jpeg

Some real life pics
This is true elegance! Both the diamond and the setting are top notch. Did it meet you expectations when you saw it for the first time?

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@crystaldreams, that sunstone pendant is gorgeous, can wait to see neck shots!!

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
My Floret ring by Alistair Keslsey in 18 kt white gold. Green emerald cut bi-colour tourmaline by Doug Menadue.
The ring will be shipped on Monday and I am looking forward to wear it!!
Alistair made a translation from his Floret pendant to a ring design. I love the shank he designed.

Hi @Acinom , perhaps a silly question (or questions) as part of my first foray into colored stones with another AK project potentially on the horizon. I was wondering if you purchase your colored stones directly from Doug or do you let Alistair source them directly (like with melee)? The two of them are both Sydney (approximately) based, so I was assuming they'd have a working relationship. Would there be any financial benefit of sourcing it through AK, similar to the way one gets a small discount by sourcing a diamond and setting for an engagement ring works?

(Apologies if this is hijacking the thread, it didn't seem worthwhile as a separate topic with such a specific question, but happy for it to be moved!)

Cheers,
SC

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SeekingClarity I'm not Acinom, but have worked with AK and Doug. They know each other, so I don't think it would be an issue for doug to send stones directly to AK. Just FYI!

I'd always recommend working with Doug for stones, he's incredibly talented and prices are always fair!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @SeekingClarity ! How exciting that you are moving into the world of coloured stones!

As @lovedogs mentioned: Doug Menadue and Alistair work together often. They admire each others work. Alistair sources a lot of stones from Doug to set them for clients and for his own collection. I don’g think there is a finsncial benefit to source directly from AK, but it never hurts to ask.

Personally I have sourced from Doug (and from other cutters/vendors as well) and have them sent to Alistair.
As Alistair has a great eye, I would not hesitate to do the sourcing via AK.

Enjoy the process, and please share a lot of pics of the rings and pendant Alistair created for you

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, @lovedogs and @Acinom ! Great to hear Doug being vouched for on these boards and see that he has a working relationship with AK as well. Will have to stop in to see some of his stones in person.

I've also been meaning to get more photos of the jewellery, thanks for the reminder.

Cheers,
SC

AmethystHope

Rough_Rock
@Acinom - Thank you for this thread! I love Alistair's work and I highly doubt that I would have stumbled upon him on my own. I have an octagon cut aquamarine that he's going to set in a white 18 kt Floret ring. I'm also sending a square step cut purple sapphire that I want to be taken out of a setting that is "meh" to me and transformed into a pendant/necklace. I'm excited about the process for both stones and just wanted to say thanks for posting about Alistair. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results