shape
carat
color
clarity

Temp Check

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're finally semi normal here in south florida, though its been raining most of the day. And I did find some dead lizards from last week's 'deep freeze'. Yuck.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is correct @missy, a can of beer! You're doing well to pick up on our slang and idioms because almost ALL of it is about context!! Nearly ready for the big move :mrgreen2:

@AGBF a pomme is anyone from England :lol:

Ready willing and able.:cool2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're finally semi normal here in south florida, though its been raining most of the day. And I did find some dead lizards from last week's 'deep freeze'. Yuck.

The guy on TV said they are not dead; they just need to unfreeze.

Deb :wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for your trouble--but that was us last week. Today's temp is 6C. Bright and sunny. Slush fest outside!

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal , no apology required! Your weather comes my way and the warmer temperatures have arrived! :dance:
Its going up to 0 c today and +6 c on Thursday! :appl:
Lots of beautiful snow fell yesterday. Although, its beauty was fading a wee bit the longer I shoveled it. :lol-2:
Not really complaining. I hire a snow removal company to keep my driveway clear, so all I have to shovel is the front walk and the backyard path to the bird bath and feeders. Confession time - I don't shovel the back path, I just shuffle through the snow and brush the snow off the back steps using my boots. :mrgreen2:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Up to 33 this morning :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I no longer care for this thread.:lol-2: Temps back down to -21C. Wind chill - a million.

Down right creepy.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I no longer care for this thread.:lol-2: Temps back down to -21C. Wind chill - a million.

Down right creepy.

There's a house for sale down the street. :dance:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course.
Surely, you've admired the huge bulge in my Speedos?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-huge-bulge-in-my-speedos.145918/

Funny thing. I commented on the photos when kenny first posted this thread back in 2010. (I don't recall doing so, but I saw what I wrote.) When I just looked at the thread again now I had a totally different reaction from the one I did 8 years ago. This time my reaction was, "kenny has the same swim gloves as my daughter!". We just bought them for her a few months ago because she does a water aerobics class at the YMCA and she saw some other members using them. Until we got to the sports store, I didn't have a clue what she was describing (despite having seen this thread).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Down right creepy.

Being a Canuk, you mean minus a million celsius.
That is cold.
-1,000,000 fahrenheit would only be -555,573.33 celsius.

Maybe we can switch back to fahrenheit and it won't seem so cold. :think:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
50 degrees this morning...will be 60 tomorrow. (Sunday it was -4.) It’s rainy, but so what? When I walk outside my face doesn’t nearly freeze over and fall off. Temps will dip back down to the twenties and thirties next week, but this area historically experiences some “warm spells” during the winter months. I can never decide if it’s nice to have several reprieves from the brutal cold, or if it’s just a cruel tease. No matter; I’ll take whatever warmth I can get!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's 30 here. I felt a rush of excitement at the heat and only later realized that it was still below freezing. I don't care. It will feel like summer!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The guy on TV said they are not dead; they just need to unfreeze.

some did unthaw, and some didn't. its pretty damn icky as I hate the things.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some did unthaw, and some didn't.

This made me laugh!!! I bet only Pricescope has an update on the well-being of the frozen lizards. Thanks for being such a great sport, Arcadian. I love you!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You need to visit Australia Jordy and myself can teach you what a real pair of budgie smugglers looks like....

Wait.....are you planning on parading me around in budgie smugglers? :angryfire::lol:

I nearly had to strip down to mine today, got up around the 100 degree mark at Bacchus Marsh where I had some jobs and no shade unless I got back in the truck :eek2:
The views were nice though, just ask @PintoBean!! I should be looking out for snakes instead of video calling her to show her some of our beautiful locations :rolleyes:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait.....are you planning on parading me around in budgie smugglers? :angryfire::lol:

I nearly had to strip down to mine today, got up around the 100 degree mark at Bacchus Marsh where I had some jobs and no shade unless I got back in the truck :eek2:
The views were nice though, just ask @PintoBean!! I should be looking out for snakes instead of video calling her to show her some of our beautiful locations :rolleyes:

If we walked him down to any Aussie beach he would see a number of guys wearing them, but if you are volunteering I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be a no from any of this lot.......

Last edited:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If we walked him down to any Aussie beach he would see a number of guys wearing them, but if you are volunteering I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be a no from any of this lot.......

LOL I do not think the PS world wants to see this two-tone rig :lol::lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jordyonbass wears a fur coat in the Australian summer. Take a pic for our friends with the fur coat and the budgie smuggler.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heatwave in Chicago tonight! At 11 pm it’s 54!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
59 degrees currently with a huge storm on the way. Rain all night as temps dip down below freezing...oh what fun tomorrow will be. I’m going out for gas and groceries right now. :sick:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's in the 50's here right now, although the temps will be plummeting down to 12 degrees and the 20's in the next few days. Our yard is a soggy lake from the current rain and the melted snow. I guess we get what the Midwest got about a day later. But I should know that. The direction of the winds over North America is West to East, after all. ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nothing good to report other than Environment Canada removing the "extreme cold" weather warning from their website. -19C. Wind chill -27C. My DH and I didn't leave the house for the last 2 days given the COLD weather (high of -27 C) and icy conditions.

Tomorrow 4C. Whatever!!!

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Dems. should give Trump some credit for fixing global warming...:bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results