shape
carat
color
clarity

Temp Check

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy, you may be right about this one. As the storm approaches, the local on-line paper is doubling their predictions for how much snow we are supposed to get and the maps seem to be showing that our area (the coast) will get more than inland. (That is the opposite of the usual.) Right now the prediction for this area is 11 to 15 inches.

Is the area where your New Jersey home is supposed to get flooded?

I don't think so fingers crossed Deb! We are getting lots of snow in both places however. Over 12 inches easy as the prediction goes now. It is more the wind I am concerned about but I guess it's just another adventure for all of us located in the Northeast. I am with @Sandeek in that I am ready for winter to go bye bye. In the words of Dolly Parton aka Barbra Streisand... "So long dearie, dearie should have said so long so long ago.."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Asscherhalo_lover! You have the day off! You can join those of us who planned to read for the book thread. ;))

Yes I am looking forward to reading a book tomorrow that I have been wanting to read for a while now. Though my dh just informed me he might be able to play cards or board games with me for some of the day depending on how busy work is so we will see how much reading I get done.:read:

Last edited:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Asscherhalo_lover! You have the day off! You can join those of us who planned to read for the book thread. ;))
Haha I wish! I'll be home with my two year old, no time to read! I'll be busy with puzzles, block towers, hot coco, and shoveling ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I wish! I'll be home with my two year old, no time to read! I'll be busy with puzzles, block towers, hot coco, and shoveling ❤️

Sounds pretty good except for the shoveling part.
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif
east%20coast%20psers.gif

Please hug your sweet 2 year old for me. What fun seeing the snowstorm through their eyes.:appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys up north please take care. It looks like it might be dicey but I think for some locations snow amounts did fall off.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys up north please take care. It looks like it might be dicey but I think for some locations snow amounts did fall off.

Thanks @Arcadian. It looks like our projected totals have increased. I am mainly concerned for our poor feral kitties at the beach house. They have had such a tough winter poor babies. I am heartsick for them. I hope they can make it through this one (hopefully) last winter/spring storm. Fingers and toes crossed for them.

And everyone please stay safe and warm and inside if you are where the weather is storming out. Hang in there. This is (hopefully) Winter's last hurrah. :pray:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds pretty good except for the shoveling part.
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif
east%20coast%20psers.gif

Please hug your sweet 2 year old for me. What fun seeing the snowstorm through their eyes.:appl:

It's started here and we are expecting quite a bit of snow!!
@missy please direct me to where you find those adorable emojis!! Love them and can't, for the life of me, find them! Thanks and stay warm and cozy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's started here and we are expecting quite a bit of snow!!
@missy please direct me to where you find those adorable emojis!! Love them and can't, for the life of me, find them! Thanks and stay warm and cozy!

Hi Sandeek! The emojis are at the top of the hangout section under the title emoticons click onto that thread and they are all there. I copy and paste to add to posts. Let me know if that’s not clear. Enjoy.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons.116324/

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sandeek! The emojis are at the top of the hangout section under the title emoticons click onto that thread and they are all there. I copy and paste to add to posts. Let me know if that’s not clear. Enjoy.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emoticons.116324/
Hi @missy Thank you so much. I'll try it on my MacBook Pro because I wonder if it just won't work on my beloved iPad. I may be limited to the ones here, but a great big :kiss2: for your assistance!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Same situation here in Connecticut that missy has. Now that the snow is falling, accumulation totals have increased. Instead of 11 to 15 inches now the prediction is up to 18 inches. But one never knows! In the old days 18 inches to 2 feet was fairly usual.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same situation here in Connecticut that missy has. Now that the snow is falling, accumulation totals have increased. Instead of 11 to 15 inches now the prediction is up to 18 inches. But one never knows! In the old days 18 inches to 2 feet was fairly usual.

Ha yes I remember those “good”old days. Old enough to remember it well. I’m just hoping it’s over soon and that the wind and heavy snow doesn’t cause damage and that everyone including all the feral animals out there remain safe.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @missy Thank you so much. I'll try it on my MacBook Pro because I wonder if it just won't work on my beloved iPad. I may be limited to the ones here, but a great big :kiss2: for your assistance!

You’re very welcome. I’m posting on my iPad right now. Works from my iPad and my laptop. Hope it works for you too.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re very welcome. I’m posting on my iPad right now. Works from my iPad and my laptop. Hope it works for you too.

I must be really technologically challenged :oops: because even with those precise directions, I cannot do it. Are you copying the emoji from that page and just pasting it in the text box?
It's not working for me, maybe my IPad is too old. Oh well...thanks anyway...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be really technologically challenged :oops: because even with those precise directions, I cannot do it. Are you copying the emoji from that page and just pasting it in the text box?
It's not working for me, maybe my IPad is too old. Oh well...thanks anyway...

No worries I get it because I am technologically challenged too! So I copy directly from the emoji (By hitting command and then C on my laptop keyboard) and paste directly into the post I want to insert it (by hitting Command then V from my keyboard). So yes-try copying the exact emoji you want from that page of emojis and then paste it directly in the post you want it in...I'm sorry because I know my explanation sucks. I don't know how to phrase it precisely.

If that doesn't let me know and we will ask for help from a more technically savvy PSer.

427842brwiji848d.gif

1899472kzungnrber.gif

cmon spring flowers
481876qojaq5ujfk.gif

742469s3709nw4fb.gif

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nevermind the link. It's cold! 31 degrees, it's been snowing all day. At least six inches, but probably more. I just don't want to go out to measure!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in with everyone here. Everyone ok?

@Sandeek how much snow did you end up getting?

@Asscherhalo_lover did you guys enjoy the snow yesterday?

@KaeKae it was still snowing when I went to bed last night. It just wouldn’t quit.

@AGBF how did you fare? I think you were getting more snow than many of us. We ended up with about 12” here and about 6” at the beach.

Sun is out today and it’s a bright albeit cold day. Hope everyone is safe and well.

grandarmyplazamarchsnow.jpg

beachhouse2018snowmarch.jpg

C’mon Spring. We are all ready for you. Don’t be shy.:appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I got lots of facebook crap from my friends up north especailly when I posted a picture of the beach down here:lol:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thank you for checking in! Yesterdays storm was a great big dud! Not that I'm complaining too much, I hate the shoveling! But, we had no school and it didn't even start until dinnertime. We burned another spring break day :x2 We did have a three hour delay today, so that's always nice...get the day in, albeit short!
I spoke to dd and she said it was snowing all day in NYC and she even got to leave work in Brooklyn early. Your pictures of the snow and your views are so lovely. Hoping we are done now? Can spring be far?
Haha @Arcadian I do get a little annoyed when my brother gloats about his Floridian temperatures! o_O
IMG_6392.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that pic is hysterical and adorable at the same time Sandeek. LOVE it.:lol:

Yes it was snowing all day in Brooklyn yesterday and I am sorry your DD's had to go in to work. You're right of course. As far as storms go it wasn't a big deal though for late March and so much snow this winter already it was a PITA. I am sorry the school year is being dragged out now for all the kids and teachers. That sucks.

And re Florida temps don't worry @Sandeek...bwahaha @Arcadian revenge will be ours when the temps there reach the 90s with high humidity though I do have to say sometimes it can be brutally hot and humid here too...can someone remind me why we live here again?;(:confused::P2

meltingdogs.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that pic is hysterical and adorable at the same time Sandeek. LOVE it.:lol:

Yes it was snowing all day in Brooklyn yesterday and I am sorry your DD's had to go in to work. You're right of course. As far as storms go it wasn't a big deal though for late March and so much snow this winter already it was a PITA. I am sorry the school year is being dragged out now for all the kids and teachers. That sucks.

And re Florida temps don't worry @Sandeek...bwahaha @Arcadian revenge will be ours when the temps there reach the 90s with high humidity though I do have to say sometimes it can be brutally hot and humid here too...can someone remind me why we live here again?;(:confused::P2

meltingdogs.gif

All true. Someone called Florida an Armpit in summer. They were not wrong:lol: I'm thankful that I've finally acclimated enough that 80 no longer seems so hot anymore.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results