shape
carat
color
clarity

Temp Check

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same as Jordy it's been 100 to 115 over the last week or so, less on the more pleasant days. Every US summer when Americans post "it's so hot how do you stay cool", Aussies are like come over and do a summer travelling around here and get to experience what its so hot you can literally fry and egg on the inside dashboard of your car really looks like :) But most of Australia doesn't see the cold temperatures you guys do.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@arkieb1 it is supposed to hit 110 here tomorrow, I plan on cranking the air con all day and staying inside. Too hot to hit the water or do anything outside in that kinda warmth.

Anothee 86 degree day on the water today, no pics unfortunately due to hot fishing! The overcast conditions and slight breeze made it feel more like mid 70s

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jordy, yep - we spent Christmas out near Dubbo it was as hot as s@#*.......

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
10, feels like -3
Dogs just went out. One refused to do her business. Oh, joy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10, feels like -3
Dogs just went out. One refused to do her business. Oh, joy.

I dont blame your dog one bit. I don't want to go out there and attend to business as usual either. LOL it is too cold. Groceries and errands etc can just wait...though with the way this winter is going I am going to run out of supplies before this weather warms up.;(

Hope everyone is staying comfy cozy while this weather is behaving so badly. Stay safe!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5962.jpg
Temps in Fahrenheit.

Well, at least it's sunny ...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha LOVE that caption @ringo865 ...ain't that the truth! "Dickwad" indeed.:lol:

east%20coast%20psers.gif

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
-35 degrees Celsius (roughly the same in f)
The wind is bitterly cold today.
My heated bird bath had a layer of ice on the top of the water!
Chipped it off, dumped the water, filled it with fresh water, and have been watching a new layer of ice form.
I need to try that trick of floating a ping pong ball on top to try and prevent the ice forming.

Hoping those of you in cold temps stay warm, and those of you in hot temps stay cool! =)2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
13 degrees in the heat of the day. That really gets me! I don't mind that for a morning temperature. Or even 6 degrees. I mean I'm in New England. But it's supposed to go down to 0 tonight. Fahrenheit. Cut it out already! And stupid Trump is tweeting that there is no global warming.

Well, now we know he cannot read a book. Or does being semi-literate mean he can read half a book? Or is that half of each page? Or half of each sentence? And does he comprehend what he reads?

Deb
:read:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
-35 degrees Celsius (roughly the same in f)
The wind is bitterly cold today.
My heated bird bath had a layer of ice on the top of the water!
Chipped it off, dumped the water, filled it with fresh water, and have been watching a new layer of ice form.
I need to try that trick of floating a ping pong ball on top to try and prevent the ice forming.

Hoping those of you in cold temps stay warm, and those of you in hot temps stay cool! =)2

Sorry for your trouble--but that was us last week. Today's temp is 6C. Bright and sunny. Slush fest outside!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for your trouble--but that was us last week. Today's temp is 6C. Bright and sunny. Slush fest outside!

Thanks, Sharon.

What goes around comes around. We'll have our turn at some balmy weather, too. :))

Your friend, Deb :wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo! It’s up to 9 here in Chicago! Time for shorts! Will be -8 overnight.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo! It’s up to 9 here in Chicago! Time for shorts! Will be -8 overnight.

Saw someone running outside today in those mini track shorts. And I don't need Monnies WTForecast weather app to say WTF..............................:tongue:

cheers--Sfharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cleared the porch and then the walk today. I had to go out twice because although I was covered in warm enough layers everywhere else, my gloves were inadequate and my hands got cold to the point of real pain after 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure how much snow was on the ground; it was 6 to 8 inches. It was so cold that it was dry, however, so it was very easy to shovel as long as I hadn't made a mistake and stood on it before shoveling there! I felt good that I did it without help.

It is now 11 degrees F here (-11C) going down to 4 degrees F tonight (-15.5 C).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
13 degrees in the heat of the day. That really gets me! I don't mind that for a morning temperature. Or even 6 degrees. I mean I'm in New England. But it's supposed to go down to 0 tonight. Fahrenheit. Cut it out already! And stupid Trump is tweeting that there is no global warming.

Deb
:read:
Deb, what global warming???:confused2:...still not cold enough for you?..:P2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6 degrees here. I am still happy not to be where you are, Jordy. Not that I would mind seeing you without your clothes. ;))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how much snow was on the ground; it was 6 to 8 inches.

I looked up our snow total in the local paper. I was off. It was 11 inches. ;))

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Another Aussie here - 108 F ( or 41 C today) so staying inside and trying to do all the houswork before it gets too hot

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
UK news is reporting that tonight will be the coldest in US history. Temp is predicted to be as low as -35 in some places. I hope people will be safe, especially the elderly.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UK news is reporting that tonight will be the coldest in US history. Temp is predicted to be as low as -35 in some places. I hope people will be safe, especially the elderly.

Yes, our ubiquitous weather people are getting quite excited. They are showing charts of the lowest former high temperatures in recorded history on the next days (today and the next few days). If forecasts are what has been predicted, apparently, we will have the lowest high temperatures on record ever for several dates. What could be more exquisite if one is a weather person? I mean even we are obsessed with the weather here on Pricescope!

"Everyone talks about the weather but no one does anything about it"

Deb :wavey:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just spoke with my father - 117 degrees where his factory is right now, he had been doing welding in full protective gear for hours and said he was starting to get a bit warm so decided to check the thermometer, 124 degrees in the factory!

Still working as the order has to go out on Tuesday, he is 61 years old I don't know anyone who works harder to this day. It's Sunday for crying out loud!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They recorded temps of 47.1C (116.78F) to 52C (125.6F) in parts of Sydney today this was at a school in Sydney so while you guys are freezing Aussies are cooking;

BLIGH-PARK-773x1030.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@arkieb1 my father's factory is at St Marys, about 15-20 mins from that school. The pic makes me think that it must have gotten up to 130 degrees farenheit inside his factory and it was only 124 when he happened to check the thermometer.

Occasionally I have gone up to Sydney to help him with work; I've been in his factory at 120 degrees and as long as a fan is nearby it makes things slightly more bearable. Because of the burn risk from hot metal slag everyone wears thick, full cover clothing. There has been days where I have untucked the shirt and sweat has started dripping off my shirt, today would have been the worst it's ever been.
Cold beers never taste so good...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results