shape
carat
color
clarity

Temp Check

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 degree in the southern USA this morning.
For me that means hauling 40 gallons of water to the barn, but right now the well is frozen, so no water to haul.
I will be happy to see temps above freezing on Monday :lol-2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our heat is set at 78 degrees. I went downstairs and the thermostat said the temperature in the living room was 69 degrees. All the drapes are drawn to keep in the warmth. It felt like 30 degrees. So I checked the computer. It is 1 degree F outside (-17 C). "Pretty nippy" as my father would have said.

Deb :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 my father's factory is at St Marys, about 15-20 mins from that school. The pic makes me think that it must have gotten up to 130 degrees farenheit inside his factory and it was only 124 when he happened to check the thermometer.

Occasionally I have gone up to Sydney to help him with work; I've been in his factory at 120 degrees and as long as a fan is nearby it makes things slightly more bearable. Because of the burn risk from hot metal slag everyone wears thick, full cover clothing. There has been days where I have untucked the shirt and sweat has started dripping off my shirt, today would have been the worst it's ever been.
Cold beers never taste so good...

That is why we have been told to say "global weirding" not "global warming". While we get bitter cold, you get boiling heat. And we both get horrible wildfires. It is not a pretty picture.

Deb :wavey:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 degree in the southern USA this morning.
For me that means hauling 40 gallons of water to the barn, but right now the well is frozen, so no water to haul.
I will be happy to see temps above freezing on Monday :lol-2:

You're not the only one with a frozen well. This is brutal. 0° F here this morning.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not freakin warm enough!

Where’s my summer? I’m dying over here?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told you guys that global warming is BS. Mother nature is gonna do what she's gonna do.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 my father's factory is at St Marys, about 15-20 mins from that school. The pic makes me think that it must have gotten up to 130 degrees farenheit inside his factory and it was only 124 when he happened to check the thermometer.

Occasionally I have gone up to Sydney to help him with work; I've been in his factory at 120 degrees and as long as a fan is nearby it makes things slightly more bearable. Because of the burn risk from hot metal slag everyone wears thick, full cover clothing. There has been days where I have untucked the shirt and sweat has started dripping off my shirt, today would have been the worst it's ever been.
Cold beers never taste so good...

How can people be expected to work in a room that's 124? :eek2:
Aren't there health and safety laws there?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be 60 degrees here by Thursday. Yesterday when I checked the weather around 8 a.m. it was -4.
This will be the last weekend DNR recommends ice fishing in Indiana.
In 2012 we had 80 degree temps in january and record highs all spring and summer.
DF, I don't know what you have against science, but I'm sure life is easier with your head stuck in the sand. The rest of the world's smartest people agree that climate change exists; and here is the US, woefully adrift in a sea of denial. It's ok, though. The rest of us will pick up your slack.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, I don't know what you have against science, but I'm sure life is easier with your head stuck in the sand. The rest of the world's smartest people agree that climate change exists; and here is the US, woefully adrift in a sea of denial. It's ok, though. The rest of us will pick up your slack.
Scientist can't change the course of Mother Nature.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday it was -25C or about -13F, BEFORE the wind chill factor. ( and it was very windy yesterday!). Probably around -30F with the wind chill.
Today it's a balmy -12C or 10F and hardly any wind. Feels like summer!!

Last edited:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Apparently yesterday temps got up to 57 celsius/135 farenheit out on the pitch at the SCG for a cricket test match between Australia and England, one of the pommes had to be hospitalized with severe dehydration.

@Dancing Fire what were you saying about global warming again? That's more like global roasting :lol:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
70ABCC3F-3254-432A-88C8-A90C7D699429.jpeg
Balmy 28C here with blue blue skies and a light wind. The pugs are sweltering so have been banished inside to lie under the air con and fan

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can people be expected to work in a room that's 124? :eek2:
Aren't there health and safety laws there?

My father is the same - he works in a non air conditioned metal shed that often has temperatures that are excessively high in summer (he is a metal artist) when the shed gets to around 150F he quits and goes back over the house inside when there is air conditioning.

When you get into your car in some of these places if it's been sitting in the sun the temps in there can be excessively hot too, I wasn't joking when I said you can fry food on your dashboard you literally can....

Every year morons here still manage to leave small children and pets in cars in temps like these frequently with fatal consequences. That is when it is both sad and dangerous.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkie, same here re people leaving animals and children to perish in hot cars, left to their own devices. It hasn’t ever stopped and it makes me so upset when it happens each time. I imagine the crew who deals with the body(ies) feels worse. Terrible. Just...terrible. I’m

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cold, House Cat?

It is hovering around 55 degrees. It is a gray, damp, stick to your bones kind of coolness that bothers me. Plus, I only thrive when the weather is above 90 degrees. I have a theory that you feel best in the season you were born. I was born in summer which means I love when the temperatures are above 100. :mrgreen2: I go into mourning in late October when I realize the last days of warmth are upon us.

Ok, that was a really long explanation to tell you that I am living in 55 degree weather. :oops2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is hovering around 55 degrees. It is a gray, damp, stick to your bones kind of coolness that bothers me. Plus, I only thrive when the weather is above 90 degrees. I have a theory that you feel best in the season you were born. I was born in summer which means I love when the temperatures are above 100. :mrgreen2: I go into mourning in late October when I realize the last days of warmth are upon us.

Ok, that was a really long explanation to tell you that I am living in 55 degree weather. :oops2:

Ooh 55 sounds amazing to me! I wish your theory was correct for me. I am an August baby and I do terribly in the August heat. My body also rebels in the freezing cold. LOL. But bring me a temperate climate in the 60s/70s and on the less humid side but not too dry and I am in heaven.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooh 55 sounds amazing to me! I wish your theory was correct for me. I am an August baby and I do terribly in the August heat. My body also rebels in the freezing cold. LOL. But bring me a temperate climate in the 60s/70s and on the less humid side but not too dry and I am in heaven.

You'd love Melbourne, most of the fall/spring/summer it's usually in that range with some days 80s/90s and the odd 100+ stinker that usually gets a cool change at night. Winter it can get down into the high 20s but that's about as cold as it gets.
@PintoBean reckons it's like California here, my father lives in Sydney and thinks Melbourne is a frozen s***heap :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'd love Melbourne, most of the fall/spring/summer it's usually in that range with some days 80s/90s and the odd 100+ stinker that usually gets a cool change at night. Winter it can get down into the high 20s but that's about as cold as it gets.
@PintoBean reckons it's like California here, my father lives in Sydney and thinks Melbourne is a frozen s***heap :lol:

Jordy you sold me. Now the question remains will your country allow us in? We are old and not sure what skills we have to offer but maybe you can put in a good word for us and our 4 kitties?:wavey:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jordy you sold me. Now the question remains will your country allow us in? We are old and not sure what skills we have to offer but maybe you can put in a good word for us and our 4 kitties?:wavey:

I can try put a good word in, but unfortunately it's not like the old Simpsons episode here and I can't find our Prime Minister floating on a truck tyre in a pond, drinking a tinnie :lol::lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can try put a good word in, but unfortunately it's not like the old Simpsons episode here and I can't find our Prime Minister floating on a truck tyre in a pond, drinking a tinnie :lol::lol:

Jordy!

The only "pomme" I know is an apple. And what is a "tinnie"? This common language of ours is dividing us more and more!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jordy!

The only "pomme" I know is an apple. And what is a "tinnie"? This common language of ours is dividing us more and more!

Hey Deb I'm not Jordy but I think I know what a "tinnie" is...it's cans of beer...am I right Jordy? That's also what I get from the context.

And I just googled "Pomme" for you but I don't want to say in case I am wrong and because I don't want to offend anyone...
so I will share the link with you.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pommes&defid=1645555

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is correct @missy, a can of beer! You're doing well to pick up on our slang and idioms because almost ALL of it is about context!! Nearly ready for the big move :mrgreen2:

@AGBF a pomme is anyone from England :lol:

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is correct @missy, a can of beer! You're doing well to pick up on our slang and idioms because almost ALL of it is about context!! Nearly ready for the big move :mrgreen2:

@AGBF a pomme is anyone from England :lol:

"Tinny" is a can of beer AND one of those small metal tin boats with a motor on the back or - thats what they call them up here in QLD..... and you can also be "tinny" meaning you can win things or be lucky, which is an older way the word used to be used here. I believe all 3 are Aussie slang.
24991404_1835210819884849_4014814977384154087_n.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results