shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me something good

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH’s cousin has hosted holidays Easter, Halloween and Christmas, for as many years as I can remember. We don’t usually exchange gifts but I wanted to get her something that would make her life easier and as a token of thanks. So we got her an Instapot because I love mine so much, hope she finds it equally useful.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH’s cousin has hosted holidays Easter, Halloween and Christmas, for as many years as I can remember. We don’t usually exchange gifts but I wanted to get her something that would make her life easier and as a token of thanks. So we got her an Instapot because I love mine so much, hope she finds it equally useful.

You are so thoughtful, Yada:)

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I literally use it for EVERYTHING.. rice, hard boiled eggs, fish and veggies, frozen chicken, meatloaf, frozen premade freezer marinade meals for the weekly prep.. EVERYTHING and they aren't cheap.. you're a wonderful person she will love it <3

Dry winter house tip: after making breakfast save your orange/citrus peels: fill your instant pot and hit sauté. Add vanilla cinnamon nutmeg cranberries allspice and fennel or whatever yummies you have laying around and let that baby brew. Your house will smell amazing and dry air be gone <3

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 9.07.53 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 9.07.53 AM.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going on a cruise on the day after Thanksgiving. Everyone has to be vaccinated . I will be so happy to see the ocean after 2 years!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@blingmeupscotty, thank you’d for that air freshener recipe, definitely going to try that to ring in the holiday season!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@stracci2000, if I could I would gift everyone an Instapot, like Oprah:

You get an Instapot
And you get an Instapot….:)

@YadaYadaYada I’m intimidated by them. I bought one but it sat in my storage room for over a year. I sold it on Nextdoor. I would like to try it again but I’m afraid I’ll blow up the house. :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada I’m intimidated by them. I bought one but it sat in my storage room for over a year. I sold it on Nextdoor. I would like to try it again but I’m afraid I’ll blow up the house. :lol:

This was my exact fear too! I didn’t touch mine for a whole year after buying it but it’s just intimidating, it’s a lot easier and safer than it seems ;-)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was my exact fear too! I didn’t touch mine for a whole year after buying it but it’s just intimidating, it’s a lot easier and safer than it seems ;-)

If you can recommend a cookbook I would be grateful. If you have any favorite recipes they would be very much appreciated!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can recommend a cookbook I would be grateful. If you have any favorite recipes they would be very much appreciated!
Look in this thread, I have posted most of my Instapot recipes there:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look in this thread, I have posted most of my Instapot recipes there:

Thank you!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I literally use it for EVERYTHING.. rice, hard boiled eggs, fish and veggies, frozen chicken, meatloaf, frozen premade freezer marinade meals for the weekly prep.. EVERYTHING and they aren't cheap.. you're a wonderful person she will love it <3

Dry winter house tip: after making breakfast save your orange/citrus peels: fill your instant pot and hit sauté. Add vanilla cinnamon nutmeg cranberries allspice and fennel or whatever yummies you have laying around and let that baby brew. Your house will smell amazing and dry air be gone <3

Wow, you do use it for everything. I have the smaller one but have only used it to make egg bites and yogurt. I've never actually cooked a meal in it. I would have never thought you could use it to cook fish. I guess I should get an Instapot cookbook and try to expand my horizons! By the way, is it Instapot or Instant Pot? I always say instapot, but I think it's actually Instant Pot.....oh well.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, you do use it for everything. I have the smaller one but have only used it to make egg bites and yogurt. I've never actually cooked a meal in it. I would have never thought you could use it to cook fish. I guess I should get an Instapot cookbook and try to expand my horizons! By the way, is it Instapot or Instant Pot? I always say instapot, but I think it's actually Instant Pot.....oh well.

I think its both lol.. people call it both anyway :D all you need is youtube and google to show you what to do with whatever it is you want to cook. They make these special round pans that stack. I can use one for veggies and one for the protein. Some require foil, some dont. The trick is in the liquid. I've also made ribs, stew, soups and baby foods!

Pro tip of the day if you like egg salad: No peel egg salad

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just picked up a ring today that was "fixed" by Ivy and Rose and I COULD NOT be happier! They took something that I absolutely didn't want to look at and turned it into a piece that I can't stop staring at. And I am SO relieved because I paid too much for it (impulsiveness!) so when it went south I was kicking myself.

:appl:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just picked up a ring today that was "fixed" by Ivy and Rose and I COULD NOT be happier! They took something that I absolutely didn't want to look at and turned it into a piece that I can't stop staring at. And I am SO relieved because I paid too much for it (impulsiveness!) so when it went south I was kicking myself.

:appl:

How about some before and after photos?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I had a terrible scare with my sweet kitty Hobbes. Our pet sitter had to rush him to the emergency vet, and we had to turn around and come back home after 5 hours of driving in LA rush hour to get out of town. But GOOD NEWS is that my sweet baby is OKAY and spunky as ever. God bless 24/7 veterinarians and vet techs!!!!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I have been trying to get this advent calendar for my daughter since before Halloween. It's been price gouged by resellers since day 1.

Well, today it arrived and I had gotten it for MSRP! What's better is that my daughter sat there and gushed over it for 10 minutes straight! I'm a happy Mama!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
One of my cats just had 2 of her teeth taken out. They'd caused an infection and she was miserable! She's now very happy and running around making trouble! haha

My cat just had a dental too! My poor girl needed 6 teeth removed…I’m sure she’s feeling a whole lot better!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cat just had a dental too! My poor girl needed 6 teeth removed…I’m sure she’s feeling a whole lot better!

OMG! 6!

Glad she's got them out and she's feeling better.

Cats are the best. :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wasn’t really sure where to put this but I know you guys will appreciate it. For reference my husband’s ring has good size diamonds in it.

Yesterday DH and I were getting ready to go to the store and I was boiling water to clean my rings. I asked him to take his ring off so I can clean it and he responded with…..but you just cleaned it last week.

:shock:

Last week?! I clean my rings every day, oh and he wears this ring 24/7. Anyways I got a kick out of that, he probably thinks I have OCD now :lol:

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wasn’t really sure where to put this but I know you guys will appreciate it. For reference my husband’s ring has good size diamonds in it.

Yesterday DH and I were getting ready to go to the store and I was boiling water to clean my rings. I asked him to take his ring off so I can clean it and he responded with…..but you just cleaned it last week.

Last week?! I clean my rings every day, oh and he wears this ring 24/7. Anyways I got a kick out of that, he probably things I have OCD now :lol:

We all have OCD. That's why I clean my rings after every wearing........:lol-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all have OCD. That's why I clean my rings after every wearing........:lol-2:

No we are just good decent people ;)2

This should be a standard of decency, clean underwear, clean teeth and a clean ring. Of course some people are running around with no underwear, so maybe that’s expecting too much :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Last week?! I clean my rings every day, oh and he wears this ring 24/7. Anyways I got a kick out of that, he probably thinks I have OCD now :lol:

My friend has a diamond band that had a huge black spot that you could see on the pavilion of one of the diamonds. She was so mad that they gave her a band with a huge inclusion in it. I wanted to loupe it..but decided to throw it in my ultrasonic. The inclusion started shrinking in size after every run…It was a big gummy black dirt blob…:sick: She NEVER cleaned it because she said she always washed her dishes so it got clean that way…Obviously it didn’t. I scrubbed the heck out of my ultrasonic when she left. I even let alcohol sit in it overnight. Yuck!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The package containing a few of my nicer stones from Jeff White plus a pair of OEC Moissanites for earring drops that I sent to the usual bench I use in China in early May 2021 has finally been returned to me nearly 7 months after posting.

I was about to give up hope of the package being returned to me, and had started to make enquiries about a pair of pear shaped Moissanite.

I was planning to start replacing the CSs from early next year.

Good job I waited and kept my faith in the postal services. So happy! :appl:

In addition, I shall have more work coming my way in the day job, bumping my capacity from a third to two-thirds. I had only worked a third of my capacity since September 2019 and had been filling up some of the spare time with voluntary work.

As soon as I applied for a part time role with one of the charities that I currently volunteer for, my day job picks up! Sod's Law! Not complaining, as the day job pays a lot better!

Life is good.

DK :))

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My daughter ran off last night, we had taken her to the shops next to our house and when we tried to pass through the door they stopped us so they could register us as visiting the mall (standard covid protocol) but they didn't stop her. She ran right through. By the time we got through the door she was nowhere in sight. We started to comb the place, and had several security guards and the staff of a shop looking for her to no avail.

She normally chats to everyone she passes. I swear half the mall knows her by sight. So at this stage we're following a cookie crumb trail of various 'sightings', but she was apparently running full speed and its a large multi building mall strip so still no where in sight.

Anyway it turns out she had decided to go home by herself, she got as far as the road outside and someone from our condo recognised her. They picked her up and bought her back into the shops and walked arround with her till they found us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results