shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me something good

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter ran off last night, we had taken her to the shops next to our house and when we tried to pass through the door they stopped us so they could register us as visiting the mall (standard covid protocol) but they didn't stop her. She ran right through. By the time we got through the door she was nowhere in sight. We started to comb the place, and had several security guards and the staff of a shop looking for her to no avail.

She normally chats to everyone she passes. I swear half the mall knows her by sight. So at this stage we're following a cookie crumb trail of various 'sightings', but she was apparently running full speed and its a large multi building mall strip so still no where in sight.

Anyway it turns out she had decided to go home by herself, she got as far as the road outside and someone from our condo recognised her. They picked her up and bought her back into the shops and walked arround with her till they found us.

Omg..Thank goodness someone you know found her!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's snowing!!
First snow of the year for us!! ❤️

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg..Thank goodness someone you know found her!

Yes was super relieved when they brought her back to me. Today she told me it was all 'her shoes fault, cause them make me super speedy'. It's impossible to be mad at her so ofcourse now my husband and I are scouring the internet for a GPS tracker (which she'll probably refuse to wear as she is going through a pink phase, and it's unlikely to be pink).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's snowing!!
First snow of the year for us!! ❤️

Haha same. Well not the first flurry of the year. We had one a few weeks ago.
And then again last night.
Tis the season!

Last February for the first time that we can remember we got snow on the beach!
That rarely happens due to the temperate climate on the water.
It was beautiful.

snowonbeachfebruary2021.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday, my dad was finally able to get his hip replacement surgery that he has needed for 2 years! Between Covid, chemo for
multiple myloma, reduced kidney function, and blood issues it has been impossible to schedule but the planets finally all aligned
and the surgeon was able to pull it off yesterday! The surgery went well. He is having to deal with a lot of pain because he cant
have regular pain killers due to reduced kidney function. Needless to say, I'm pleased as punch for him! He's 83 and still has it
all upstairs so I'm hoping he will finally be able to get out and do things once he heals!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw snow for the 3rd time ever this year, and it was over 50 miles away on top of a mountain. This just seems so alien to me :lol:

I wish it were alien for me!!!! :lol-2:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
My boss for the project I started this week is the same as previous project a few months back. She requested a meeting out of the blue today and told me point blank, "Raise your rate. You're working way too cheap. You're worth much more."

I was flabbergasted. I'm already billing much more than ever before, and was feeling quite excited about it. I'm walking on air now...

(... and remembering that old jerk of a boss who told me I wasn't worth $9/hour. If he could see my current invoices, he'd lose his mind. He was cruel and heartless. But the worst part was, I believed him.)

Now, it must be said, I'm no Vanderbilt or Carnegie. But in that meeting today, my current boss made me feel like a million bucks!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes was super relieved when they brought her back to me. Today she told me it was all 'her shoes fault, cause them make me super speedy'. It's impossible to be mad at her so ofcourse now my husband and I are scouring the internet for a GPS tracker (which she'll probably refuse to wear as she is going through a pink phase, and it's unlikely to be pink).

Unconventional, but pink! The Whistle Go! tracker is pink. Not sure how you would get it to stay on her. Maybe a belt or bracelet?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My boss for the project I started this week is the same as previous project a few months back. She requested a meeting out of the blue today and told me point blank, "Raise your rate. You're working way too cheap. You're worth much more."

I was flabbergasted. I'm already billing much more than ever before, and was feeling quite excited about it. I'm walking on air now...

(... and remembering that old jerk of a boss who told me I wasn't worth $9/hour. If he could see my current invoices, he'd lose his mind. He was cruel and heartless. But the worst part was, I believed him.)

Now, it must be said, I'm no Vanderbilt or Carnegie. But in that meeting today, my current boss made me feel like a million bucks!
You got this girl, right on :appl: ❤️

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unconventional, but pink! The Whistle Go! tracker is pink. Not sure how you would get it to stay on her. Maybe a belt or bracelet?

Thank you, that's quite ingenuitive.

I think we may need to look arround a little more though as we're not in North America and it seems to piggy back of at&ts telecom network. I also think it might be too heavy for her. She's actually barely over 25 pounds (she's tiny in stature and big on mayhem and mischief :lol-2:), and it would have a lot of torque on her wrist or a lot of weight on her neck.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think we may need to look arround a little more though as we're not in North America and it seems to piggy back of at&ts telecom network. I also think it might be too heavy for her. She's actually barely over 25 pounds (she's tiny in stature and big on mayhem and mischief :lol-2:), and it would have a lot of torque on her wrist or a lot of weight on her neck.

Sooo cute! :kiss2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The smell of coffee in the morning.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just picked up a ring today that was "fixed" by Ivy and Rose and I COULD NOT be happier! They took something that I absolutely didn't want to look at and turned it into a piece that I can't stop staring at. And I am SO relieved because I paid too much for it (impulsiveness!) so when it went south I was kicking myself.

:appl:

And more pics of your new AWESOME emerald and sapphire rings!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi, ai think I lost my first post in reply to this. There are trackers to put in their shoes. Look around for really reall flat ones.
There are also some that look like a keychain ornament. I put those in zippers and say it's a jewelry to make it prettier

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH had a conversation with our seven year old son about getting me something for Christmas:

DH: What did you get Mom for Christmas?

Son: Um, we could get her chocolate.

DH: It’s close to Christmas so they might be all sold out of chocolate.

Son: Okay, how about jewelry?

DH: I don’t think you have enough money in your bank for jewelry buddy.

Son: I know! Chocolate jewelry!! :lol:

He is on to something that kid!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of our neighbors drove by to get their mail today. They stopped on the way by because they saw me outside. Couldn't stay to visit since they had cookies in the oven, but wanted to stop to give us a Christmas present and a big hug.

So many good things here!

1. We are spread out enough to need to drive to get the mail! (We are closest to the mailboxes at 1/4 mile each way. All other neighbors are even further.)
2. Neighbors care about each other even with being too far spread out to walk over for a visit.
3. Husband and wife get the mail together every day.
4. They brought.us homemade goodies as a present.
5. People still bake goodies!
6. All this happened with a beautiful, freshly snowed on mountain in view! OMG, I live next to a mountain!!!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So I've become completely hooked on Tik Tok this past 4 months. I've also been obsessed with the cooking/shopping hacks and been swindled by a few of the more expensive looking marketing adds. Here is the good news:

1. The cleaning tiktok recipe? have you seen the videos of that woman mopping everything in sight from her walls to her doors/cabinets/floors? It works!!!! I did 1300 SF including the face of all stainless steel appliances in 1.5 hours from the walls/down. Including all kitchen counters/cabinets/baseboards and appliances [laundry room included] and the tops of all cabinets as well. 2 gallons of boiling water [this allows everything to dry stat], 1/2 cup of mr clean [any scent you want], and 1 dishwasher pod [with 1 squirt of dawn]. Google any combination you want. I do not recommend using any laundry liquid soap-its too tacky. Yes-get yourself one of those spinning $30 mops-they are the $hit.

2. Waiting on the $75 returned amazon palate [don't fall for the 1k-2k-3k ones].

3. bloom chic clothing is true to size

I'll update if I geek out on more :p

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I went for a walk a few days ago and noticed one of my bracelets was not on my wrist. I spent 30 mins looking for it, gave up and went to grab my sheets to wash and it was on my pillow. It wasn't a lot of money but my husband bought me 3 bracelets over 21 years and I've lost 2 of them :roll:

An hour ago, 2 officers brought a package for me. Turns out one of my neighbors was stealing packages and another neighbor saw them and called the cops. Every year I would order philosophy amazing grace soap and perfume and for the past 3 years someone kept stealing it. It makes sense now that it was someone in my apartment building, over the last 3 years, an 80 lb shelf was stolen, a desk, shoes, clothing, groceries, etc... Makes me so mad to know my neighbor was stealing from me and was saying hi to me everytime I saw him. And note to self to check before opening my doors and wear my glasses. I thought the officers in full swat gear were ups drivers in new uniforms. Anyway, I got my soap!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went for a walk a few days ago and noticed one of my bracelets was not on my wrist. I spent 30 mins looking for it, gave up and went to grab my sheets to wash and it was on my pillow. It wasn't a lot of money but my husband bought me 3 bracelets over 21 years and I've lost 2 of them :roll:

An hour ago, 2 officers brought a package for me. Turns out one of my neighbors was stealing packages and another neighbor saw them and called the cops. Every year I would order philosophy amazing grace soap and perfume and for the past 3 years someone kept stealing it. It makes sense now that it was someone in my apartment building, over the last 3 years, an 80 lb shelf was stolen, a desk, shoes, clothing, groceries, etc... Makes me so mad to know my neighbor was stealing from me and was saying hi to me everytime I saw him. And note to self to check before opening my doors and wear my glasses. I thought the officers in full swat gear were ups drivers in new uniforms. Anyway, I got my soap!!!

This is awful! I hope he is currently behind bars.
'Cause if he is home, I would be reaching for his throat.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results