carat
color
clarity

Tell me about your small wins today!

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
I should have posted this last week

My small win…

I scored a contract position in addition to my full time job… through spring, and possibly longer if I want! My Friday job will pay me twice my regular pay… and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job❤️

Best part… every cent is going in my jewelry fund! :lol-2:

To my dear future dream antique 3.5-4ct OEC, mama is coming in hot! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Reviving this thread. I know this year has been hard for a lot of people. But after years and years of not knowing “what I want to be when I grow up”, I went back to school. It’s been a month so far and though it’s hard with a full time job (which is still in the field), I am so happy I finally took a leap to further my career. Now that I’m in the program, all I can think of is how did I not start this sooner???

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reviving this thread. I know this year has been hard for a lot of people. But after years and years of not knowing “what I want to be when I grow up”, I went back to school. It’s been a month so far and though it’s hard with a full time job (which is still in the field), I am so happy I finally took a leap to further my career. Now that I’m in the program, all I can think of is how did I not start this sooner???

congradulations and god luck
good on you
and good for you
you will make us all proud

• Love
Reactions: ean

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our "small win" is hitting over 8,000 miles on the bike so far for this cycling year (our cycling year goes from April 2023 to March 2024). This year has been especially challenging so the fact we hit 8,000 miles on our bike yesterday (8,033 miles to be exact) is nothing short of amazing considering all our other commitments and health challenges this year.

Screen Shot 2023-12-16 at 6.36.16 AM.png

And considering my DH has a knee that desperately needs replacement. He is a trooper

Screen Shot 2023-12-16 at 6.49.56 AM.png

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I bought clothes whoop whoop! To me, unlike jewelry and perfume, clothes are not fun to buy and I needed them, so it seems like an accomplishment.

I ordered ten pieces online to fill in the most "urgent" gaps. :)

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve got through a particularly sh*tty year!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great thread. I got all my first of the year things done today. Dog licenses, professional recertification renewed, Christmas decorations, and outdoor lights taken down and stored, plus some other things. House is clean, linens done, hair fixed and now I feel dangerous. Like I might buy something diamond! :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH just brought home the most DELISH poke bowl for me. Most perfect combo of items, just YUM!

cheers--Sharon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I managed to drive home safe and sound in horrendous weather conditions, still don't quite know how I managed to get through all the flooded areas to be entirely honest!

Something up there was looking after me and my car for certain!

DK =)2

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo, we’ve been in this house for well over 2.5 years, approaching three years. The previous owners still have occasional mail coming to our place…like from the husband’s bank. Bank statements, etc.! Investment info. I don't open the envelopes. This annoys me to no end. I just dump ‘em in the recycle now. My DH prefers to do a “return to sender” mode. A friend who works for Canada Post said that their job is to deliver to the address, not the “person”, and that once it’s delivered, the current residents can do as do as they wish with repeat mail. Tah-daaaah! Recycle.

My point is?

Yesterday, we had a HelloFresh box o’ food/meal prep delivered to the door in the previous home owner’s name…with no way to return it, and no way to contact them to come pick it up. The delivery person was long gone when I found it at the door. Heh. Last night we dined on a delicious turkey larb salad with very nice use of spices and condiments! Yum!

Tonight will be pork meatballs with roasted potatoes and green beans. Tomorrow will be a spicy shrimp dish.

It was really fun to cook the meal last night!

Guessing that the dude will now update his address at least with HelloFresh. :lol: And if not, we will continue to accept more tasty selections sent our way.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo, we’ve been in this house for well over 2.5 years, approaching three years. The previous owners still have occasional mail coming to our place…like from the husband’s bank. Bank statements, etc.! Investment info. I don't open the envelopes. This annoys me to no end. I just dump ‘em in the recycle now. My DH prefers to do a “return to sender” mode. A friend who works for Canada Post said that their job is to deliver to the address, not the “person”, and that once it’s delivered, the current residents can do as do as they wish with repeat mail. Tah-daaaah! Recycle.

My point is?

Yesterday, we had a HelloFresh box o’ food/meal prep delivered to the door in the previous home owner’s name…with no way to return it, and no way to contact them to come pick it up. The delivery person was long gone when I found it at the door. Heh. Last night we dined on a delicious turkey larb salad with very nice use of spices and condiments! Yum!

Tonight will be pork meatballs with roasted potatoes and green beans. Tomorrow will be a spicy shrimp dish.

It was really fun to cook the meal last night!

Guessing that the dude will now update his address at least with HelloFresh. :lol: And if not, we will continue to accept more tasty selections sent our way.

What a tasty error! Enjoy!
After living in our house for 23 years we still occasionally get mail for the people that lived in our house before the people we bought from! So a 26 year gap!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, sheesh! Twenty-six years! That's wacky! :???:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Got most of our (very small) yard aerated today! I use a manual aerator, and while it's kind of slow going, it's like eating popcorn or peanuts..."Just one more..." :D And then I've done another row!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t normally get on the scale but my clothes have been looser so I said why not?

I’ve lost 24lbs! So that’s a win

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walked into the post office today to mail some packages and the woman in front of me was so nice, she said “isn’t the weather beautiful? I can’t wait to finish my errands and get outside and play!” She was probably close to 80. I went to leave and there she was up in this gigantic pickup truck, gray bob haircut, crisp white blouse, flowered pants, visor and all, just smiling. I can only hope to be that happy when I’m her age!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fluffy used her dirt box
she has been doing her bussiness in very inaproperate places since poor Borris got really sick and passed on
Fluffy is sad or upsetas she really idolized Borris and i tell Gary we can not growl

so i took the higher sides off the dirt box yesterday
and then shifted it into another room

then after way too long i think i am almost finished with that really annoying and tragic whitby jet necklace, honestly i cant stop thinking about it
i brought some Carnelian beads for $11 and some change
im so excitted !!
half a strand
there is no one else to share this with other than my PS friends
1712477924754.png
im hoping its a real nice orange

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluffy used her dirt box
she has been doing her bussiness in very inaproperate places since poor Borris got really sick and passed on
Fluffy is sad or upsetas she really idolized Borris and i tell Gary we can not growl

so i took the higher sides off the dirt box yesterday
and then shifted it into another room

then after way too long i think i am almost finished with that really annoying and tragic whitby jet necklace, honestly i cant stop thinking about it
i brought some Carnelian beads for $11 and some change
im so excitted !!
half a strand
there is no one else to share this with other than my PS friends
1712477924754.png
im hoping its a real nice orange

Poor fluffy. Animals become depressed after a death, too.
Those beads are really beautiful!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started a new diet today. It's almost 9:30 and I haven't f'd it up yet!:lol:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I got up today and went to Kohls.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I felt dizzy today so I stayed home from work.

It is always hard for me to allow myself to miss work and take care of myself, so this is a big win!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I spent 4 hours digging in the dirt and gardening. Finally reduced the size of the oregano patch that had taken over a section of the wildflower/vegetable garden. Those have roots like cement.

Hubby came home and gave me high praise because he was planning on doing it himself and dreading it.

Uncovered 2 of the 4 banana tree areas. These are mulched with 2 feet of leaves to protect them during the winter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results