shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me about your small wins today!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
This is a spin off of the whiney, complainy thread. Tell me about the small things that made you smile today. I saw somewhere that they’re called “glimmers”, the opposite of triggers. Little things that made you smile and made you think that everything is going to be alright.

I’m gonna start with mine. We got our first set of quail pets today! They are so adorable, calm, and so relaxing to watch, that I propped up a chair to watch them do their thing. We have pet chickens, but dare I say I already like them more? They’re like forever babies!

A7AF0CBC-AEE4-41F9-8273-B6F3FB9B5FAF.jpeg

I was gonna name them like our pet chickens, but oh they all look the same. The neighbor suggested to name them the same name, so here is Mary, Queen of Scots 1-8! :lol:

ean

Brilliant_Rock
went looking for something I buy at the only store that carries it. got the last one!
That’s a win!!

Just back from dinner with good friends at a Lebanese restaurant. We were celebrating their 15th wedding anniversary. A great meal and a wonderful evening.
Aside from Lebanese always being good, spending time with friends always feels like your cup being filled again. I don’t know how to explain it. But a good time with friends just “fills your cup”.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a spin off of the whiney, complainy thread. Tell me about the small things that made you smile today. I saw somewhere that they’re called “glimmers”, the opposite of triggers. Little things that made you smile and made you think that everything is going to be alright.

I’m gonna start with mine. We got our first set of quail pets today! They are so adorable, calm, and so relaxing to watch, that I propped up a chair to watch them do their thing. We have pet chickens, but dare I say I already like them more? They’re like forever babies!

I was gonna name them like our pet chickens, but oh they all look the same. The neighbor suggested to name them the same name, so here is Mary, Queen of Scots 1-8! :lol:

They are adorable! What are quail personalities like? I hope to see more pics as they grow. :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from dinner with good friends at a Lebanese restaurant. We were celebrating their 15th wedding anniversary. A great meal and a wonderful evening.

Oh! I love Middle Eastern food!
Happy anniversary!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am watching this italian thing on netflex while also having a cuddle with borris so excuse lack of punuaction and capital letters
its called the law according to lidia poet
she was real. the first female lawyer in italy
some wonderful brooches and cameos are making me very happy

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Quails are gorgeous pets, seen them in a shop and they were pecking away around their enclosure without a care in the world.

DK :kiss2:

Reactions: ean

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toasted bacon sandwich for breakfast, yummy! :lickout:

Food and drink make me happy!

And the pets too - posting with my 19yo cat sitting on my lap purring away and the dog fast asleep next to me.

Life is good!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seeing all the good work rescue groups do for the homeless and unwanted unloved animals makes my heart sing. I am involved with animal rescue and while not as closely involved as I was in my younger days we are still behind the scenes doing what we can and every day an animal who was homeless and unloved is adopted by a wonderful family is a win. Every single day.

"
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make"

"Saving one animal won't change the world. But for that one animal, the world will change forever"

This is especially meaningful for us now because we are coming up on Tommy's 14th adopt a versary with us. He was a mouser in the basement where I worked and was kept under horrific conditions. Through patience and perseverance we were able to rescue him from a sure (shortened) life of misery and suffering. I thank goodness every single day we found out about him and were able to save him. I cry every single day about all those we cannot save :(

Here he was in 2009 in the basement of the building I worked in and when I found out about him we started working on a plan to get him out and we visited him every single day and on the weekends too

tommyinbasementasmouser.png

Here he is a few months after we rescued him

tommyandmecirca2010.png

And here he is more recently. What a love

tommywintermorninginbed.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-08-20 at 6.56.20 AM.png

ean

Brilliant_Rock
They are adorable! What are quail personalities like? I hope to see more pics as they grow. :)
I’d say they’re a more docile, calmer chicken. I have chickens as well and boy do they have a lot of personality. The ones I’ve raised as day old chicks are so sassy and demanding (They run up to me and do this little screaming sound when something displeases them.) I interpret it as wanting to talk to the manager lol The quail are just so calm and gentle. And this is them full grown! They reach maturity at 6 weeks. Isn’t it crazy?

Quails are gorgeous pets, seen them in a shop and they were pecking away around their enclosure without a care in the world.

I can totally see why some people keep them as indoor pets. They’re so calming to watch. I need to prop up a chair next to the enclosure when it gets a bit cooler today.

Seeing all the good work rescue groups do for the homeless and unwanted unloved animals makes my heart sing. I am involved with animal rescue and while not as closely involved as I was in my younger days we are still behind the scenes doing what we can and every day an animal who was homeless and unloved is adopted by a wonderful family is a win. Every single day.

"
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make"

"Saving one animal won't change the world. But for that one animal, the world will change forever"

This is especially meaningful for us now because we are coming up on Tommy's 14th adopt a versary with us. He was a mouser in the basement where I worked and was kept under horrific conditions. Through patience and perseverance we were able to rescue him from a sure (shortened) life of misery and suffering. I thank goodness every single day we found out about him and were able to save him. I cry every single day about all those we cannot save :(

Here he was in 2009 in the basement of the building I worked in and when I found out about him we started working on a plan to get him out and we visited him every single day and on the weekends too

tommyinbasementasmouser.png

Here he is a few months after we rescued him

tommyandmecirca2010.png

And here he is more recently. What a love

tommywintermorninginbed.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-08-20 at 6.56.20 AM.png

Thank you so much for all that you do! We work with a lot of rescues and the heart that you guys have is absolutely amazing. We recently started fostering and had to let her go last week and that was such a bittersweet experience.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re-balanced out of the last medium-high expense-ratio fund in spouse's 401k today (but will not execute until end-of-day tomorrow). Definitely a "win" -- and definitely small at ~ 0.4% cost savings -- but will add up over decades if we last that long.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
My microwave eggs at work were less rubbery today. They almost tasted good.

What??? You said small.

So how does microwave eggs work? Hmmm.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I made my favorite soup and I did not have to buy a single vegetable! Everything came out from my backyard garden! Couldn’t get any fresher than that.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My microwave eggs at work were less rubbery today. They almost tasted good.

What??? You said small.

I got the cutest little egg maker—you can make soft, medium, hard boiled eggs in it AND little omelettes. It was around $20, it’s small enough that you could keep it in your desk drawer (if you have a desk at work) and just uses water and electricity.

DASH Rapid Egg Cooker: https://a.co/d/cHTOeQ7

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 3 ft long 25 lb cat had to go to the vet early this morning for his annual exam. He is a terror at the vets. They have to anesthetize him to even make eye contact. In order to anesthetize him he has to be in a carrier small enough to bag and gas him so they can pull him out and actually give him the good sleepy time drugs. My small win today was getting the fasted hangry beast into the carrier easily due to his curiosity- killed-the cat syndrome. When I walked in the door of the vet's, 5 vet techs yelled "Atticus is here" and it wasn't with joy in their hearts :bigsmile:

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Very technical. Very.
Scramble with fork, cover and nuke twice @ 30 secs each time, stirring in between. They'll keep you alive for another 4 hours, but not much else.
Bon Appétit

I need to do this with my excess of eggs.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
My 3 ft long 25 lb cat had to go to the vet early this morning for his annual exam. He is a terror at the vets. They have to anesthetize him to even make eye contact. In order to anesthetize him he has to be in a carrier small enough to bag and gas him so they can pull him out and actually give him the good sleepy time drugs. My small win today was getting the fasted hangry beast into the carrier easily due to his curiosity- killed-the cat syndrome. When I walked in the door of the vet's, 5 vet techs yelled "Atticus is here" and it wasn't with joy in their hearts :bigsmile:

Cats always intimidate me. I’d rather deal with a 200 Lb mastiff than an angry cat any day!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was talking to my boss today (not working just visiting) and she commented about my ring, how beautiful it was etc.

Made my day :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was talking to my boss today (not working just visiting) and she commented about my ring, how beautiful it was etc.

She's not wrong!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My service charity club had a cheese and bread evening, and the selection of cheeses I bought went down well, some of the members even came up and thanked me personally, that made me happy.

DK :))

ean

Brilliant_Rock

I’m a naturally shy person, so while I find it a little awkward when people compliment my jewelry, it’s always so sweet when they do!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
My service charity club had a cheese and bread evening, and the selection of cheeses I bought went down well, some of the members even came up and thanked me personally, that made me happy.

DK :))

Cheese and bread sounds like a wonderful night! What’s your favorite cheeses?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really stressed out right now (mom's surgery, travel plans) and I feel so distracted that it's been hard to address the little things. Yesterday I gave my house a deep clean and today I split and transplanted Joe Pye weed, and planted some mums and echinacea that were in pots.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results