shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me about your small wins today!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really stressed out right now (mom's surgery, travel plans) and I feel so distracted that it's been hard to address the little things. Yesterday I gave my house a deep clean and today I split and transplanted Joe Pye weed, and planted some mums and echinacea that were in pots.

Props to you for being able to do all that especially in this heat! I hope you feel accomplished and that it brightened your day even just a little.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really stressed out right now (mom's surgery, travel plans) and I feel so distracted that it's been hard to address the little things. Yesterday I gave my house a deep clean and today I split and transplanted Joe Pye weed, and planted some mums and echinacea that were in pots.

I hope your mom is okay. One random thought, I wonder what people consider a "deep clean"? Maybe a subject for another thread. I bet it's all over the place.

clarity1264

Rough_Rock

I hope your moms surgery goes well. I can’t imagine how scary that is and what you are feeling. The love and connection between a mom and their child is like nothing else, and I’m hoping for good outcome.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheese and bread sounds like a wonderful night! What’s your favorite cheeses?

There is a new to me German semi-soft (as in not as soft as a brie) blue cheese called Montagnolo Blue Veined, and I got the leftovers!

DK :lol-2:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
A 15 hour day traveling from one end of the country to the other for a one hour in person chit chat that went well. (Well enough that it could result in a Really big win, but I can't let my mind go there yet). For now I'll take the little win of the chat that went well.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My hairdresser cut a little more hair off than I wanted this past weekend....went from long hair to medium length hair, but now 2 days later, I'm loving it, and have been getting compliments on my new cut at work.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
My 3 ft long 25 lb cat had to go to the vet early this morning for his annual exam. He is a terror at the vets. They have to anesthetize him to even make eye contact. In order to anesthetize him he has to be in a carrier small enough to bag and gas him so they can pull him out and actually give him the good sleepy time drugs. My small win today was getting the fasted hangry beast into the carrier easily due to his curiosity- killed-the cat syndrome. When I walked in the door of the vet's, 5 vet techs yelled "Atticus is here" and it wasn't with joy in their hearts :bigsmile:
My sweet rescue dog, Coconut, was good at the vets for 3 years but now has to be doped up and muzzled.
But back when she was still fine at the vet, we had to make a quick tech visit for a Lyme vaccine and the techs brought her out singing “We put da lime in da Coconut!” and it filled my heart with joy!

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I caught a summer cold from my DIL and am kind of wiped out. But Mother Nature smiled on me today and it’s been perfect weather in SE PA. So, I am sitting on my patio and it is pure bliss.
Though the damn dogs just ruined my peace by barking at the neighbors barking dog. For context, we each have 8 acres so they are NOT right next door.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hairdresser cut a little more hair off than I wanted this past weekend....went from long hair to medium length hair, but now 2 days later, I'm loving it, and have been getting compliments on my new cut at work.

And it is always feels so much lighter!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Also got a dilly bar from DQ that I haven’t had for over 10 years. I used to eat it when I was in college and I was too broke to afford a blizzard.

The clam and vanilla ice cream burp after… that wasn’t fun

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mowed the lawn in 101 degree heat today. Don’t know what possessed me to do that, but it will be worse the coming days. Got it done!

I used to do yard care all the time, this reminds me of when I was 8 months pregnant and decided I had to get the bushes trimmed in 90 degree heat. I had quite the garden that year, too. It was my era of growing things, haha.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not today, but last week I bought a package of three good sized chicken breasts from Aldi. Those got us through two dinners for four people and two lunches for two people.

Felt like I was definitely winning with the increased cost of food!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I have delivered my progeny back to campus. He didn't even put his back into shoving us out the door, this time:lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a very very small win.

t.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found Easy Peel oranges at the shop! They are very popular with the kids at my son's school so I'm thrilled we're contributing a few! Apparently they all descend on whichever child has an Easy Peel at school and the poor kid has to share it.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not today, but last week I bought a package of three good sized chicken breasts from Aldi. Those got us through two dinners for four people and two lunches for two people.

Felt like I was definitely winning with the increased cost of food!

OMG I love it when I pick a pack of avocados or a melon so big that the automatic check out thinks I'm shoplifting and calls the helper over. They're always very amused when they override the machine and I'm standing there looking victorious because I'm getting value for my money!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dinner is already made! Mexican casserole, and I’ll have just enough time to have some before heading off to work where I get to work with my favorite co-worker.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so stoked on the great deals I got at our local plant nursery! I was able to replace an arborvitae, and get three 1 gallon perennials for $57! Trees and shrubs were half off and it was buy 2 and get one free on the perennials. I was hoping for more fall blooms for the pollinators and am happy with my purchases. Hopefully the deer and rabbits won't be happier than me.

And I ordered the replacement part for my leaking water spigot (the handle was just cracked inside) and should be able to replace it tomorrow without needing a plumber. :)

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Dinner is already made! Mexican casserole, and I’ll have just enough time to have some before heading off to work where I get to work with my favorite co-worker.
Ohhh! Nothing beats knowing you have dinner waiting for you when you get home and working with a favorite co worker is the best! No drama! Everything is efficient and stress free!
I just got an overdue haircut and a new, big fat delicious book and tonight is my favorite junk TV. :)
You’re doing better than me. I gave myself a rough chop the other day (took off about 6 inches) by myself with kitchen shears because I was so done with all my hair. Luckily I have super thick hair, the unevenness doesn’t matter and I feel lighter. Enjoy the book and the “trash tv”. Such a guilty pleasure lol

I am so stoked on the great deals I got at our local plant nursery! I was able to replace an arborvitae, and get three 1 gallon perennials for $57! Trees and shrubs were half off and it was buy 2 and get one free on the perennials. I was hoping for more fall blooms for the pollinators and am happy with my purchases. Hopefully the deer and rabbits won't be happier than me.

And I ordered the replacement part for my leaking water spigot (the handle was just cracked inside) and should be able to replace it tomorrow without needing a plumber. :)

That reminded me it’s time to look out for some garden deals. It’s getting a little bit cooler too. It wouldn’t be such a pain to plant them all! Note to myself when I get over zealous filling in empty spots during early summer!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I was verbally and emotionally abused by a coworker at work on Sunday over a period of 9.5 hours. I've been bullied and harassed before (my workplace harbors predators), so this isn't my first rodeo. I put in a formal complaint within 24 hours.

She f*ckd with the wrong person.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I was verbally and emotionally abused by a coworker at work on Sunday over a period of 9.5 hours. I've been bullied and harassed before (my workplace harbors predators), so this isn't my first rodeo. I put in a formal complaint within 24 hours.

Jesus!! Why are people making it even harder to go to work!! It’s already hard enough as it is! Go get that person fired!!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Jesus!! Why are people making it even harder to go to work!! It’s already hard enough as it is! Go get that person fired!!!

Thanks friend :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is terrible and you should not have to go through this! Sending hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results