shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me about your small wins today!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
This is a bit too personal but I’m finally doing well enough in life to pay for my mothers life altering surgery (ya’ll buy what’s for sale because I’m feeling so broke lol) . It’s currently going on right now and I have been crying off and on wishing she’d be safe and everything turns out okay. She’s 9000 miles away from me and the last message she sent me was that she would message me before she gets wheeled out into the operating room… she’s probably all drugged up and she never did. I’m hoping everything is okay and she will not be bleeding for extended periods of time and in pain ever again.

How is she faring @ean???

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My son turns 2 tomorrow! He is really lovely. He snuggles and cuddles up to me whenever I am arround and has a big smile on his face all the time.

Most other things could be going better, despite how well they are going I'm still feeling like its all a bit much. But my kids make me happy every day.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My college kids who came home for the summer, have both returned to their respective campuses for Fall quarter....Dh and I can take off our "parenting" hat for a couple months and hangout with our other empty-nester friends!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son turns 2 tomorrow! He is really lovely. He snuggles and cuddles up to me whenever I am arround and has a big smile on his face all the time.

Most other things could be going better, despite how well they are going I'm still feeling like its all a bit much. But my kids make me happy every day.

So sweet. I miss the threads over in Family/Home/Health about ttc and babies and parenting. I’m glad that you’re enjoying this time even though it’s overwhelming. I hope you get enough time for yourself. I’d send you out for a glass of champagne and a massage while I watched your kids for an afternoon if we were friends irl. Take care!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
After my mom’s health debacle, it’s my FILs turn literally the day after my mom got discharged. So for right now, my life is literally working then straight to the hospital to spend time with him.

I accidentally met another Asian while looking around the cafeteria today. It’s been hard trying to find a community here being in a small town. We got to talking and an hour later after going back to the room, she called and said there’s plenty of food and I should come down and have lunch with them. I met 2 others and it’s been so refreshing speaking my native language again. It’s been almost 10 years!! I already got invited to the Christmas party and a few other things! That made today’s visit so much smoother and hey, I may have already found a community.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is very windy here
over most of the country
its not so bad here just unpleasent
but damage elsewhere and power out in places, trees down

our wheelie bin got blown over in the night
one of our teaspoons had been thrown out my mistake
it was one of the only things i have from 'home' from our family home at Moeraki
it is in the sink ready for a nice soapy wash

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is very windy here
over most of the country
its not so bad here just unpleasent
but damage elsewhere and power out in places, trees down

our wheelie bin got blown over in the night
one of our teaspoons had been thrown out my mistake
it was one of the only things i have from 'home' from our family home at Moeraki
it is in the sink ready for a nice soapy wash

Don't you hate that? I'm glad you found it.

I once threw away my favorite paring knife with all the potato peels.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

yes very annoying
im pretty sure i threw out several rings (id rather not think about how many) in a big spring clean, they were in a padded postage bag for safe keeping, it was when we were doing a big clean up of packing and moving boxes, but i didnt notice they were missing for too long

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And I must have accidently thrown our my relatively new dental /guard. It's gone. Cha ching. :rolleyes: Glad you found your spoon!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Went for an eye exam (optometrist) yesterday. First time in...decades. Heh. Always had excellent vision, and started wearing "cheater" glasses in the last couple years. I have 1.25 for computer; 1.0 for cooking; 1.50 for reading books/iPad on my lap. I expected to have to wear glasses.

After a very thorough examination, the doc said I could just keep wearing the cheaters until my vision changed substantially! No sign of anything out of the ordinary other than typical changes for my age. He also suggested an exam once a year. Haha! Will do!

So I'm evaluating which cheaters I like best, and will happily carry on! Such a happy surprise! :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A car was stolen recently here in CT, the owner was delivering food and apparently had his dog with him who is an emotional support animal. The car thief dumped the dog at an apartment complex, mind you it’s been raining all weekend, poor dog probably scared out of his mind.

They found him this morning, so glad they got their dog back.

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was able to get a very tight knot out of the very fine chain attached to my fixed solitaire. Took me forever but I finally did it!
(If it had been a slide pendant I would have just changed out the chain and given up on the knot).

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A car was stolen recently here in CT, the owner was delivering food and apparently had his dog with him who is an emotional support animal. The car thief dumped the dog at an apartment complex, mind you it’s been raining all weekend, poor dog probably scared out of his mind.

They found him this morning, so glad they got their dog back.

That's a BIG WIN!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I just saw a small child spank his mother. I was in line waiting to get a vaccination and trying not to crack up. The little boy looked about three years old and gave the old girl a couple of great big whacks on the behind, while she said, "Stop it" "stop it," in a bored tone.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had the first sale on my newly created website! I am SO thrilled! Not a big amount by any stretch, but it means a lot to me. :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 19yo kitty is not well in that she has dental issues.

She is happier now that she is on pain relief and is eating better.

She has full blood work done and she is very good for her age and the vets are happy to put her under a general anaesthetic to get her teeth sorted.

The initial quote was between 500 to 2k GBP!!!

Today, I went in to have her pre-op checked by one of the surgical vets, and the more accurate estimate is about 1k GBP.

She too agrees that given her age and excellent health except for her teeth, it is worth having them sorted to improve her quality of life in her final years.

Managed to get her squeezed in for next Thursday as I have an eye appointment on Tuesday.

However, after I booked her in, I thought my eye test can wait as I know I am going to be OK, whereas she is worse off than me!

So I quickly rang the vets and asked if I could change my mind and book her in on Tuesday instead, and they said yes, woo hoo!

Then off to ring the eye test clinic to have my appointment changed, and they gave me an appointment on the date that suited me well, as I can't drive for at least 6h after the test, so no work or other appointments as I shan't be able to see much!

Really happy about the outcome so far. I hope the cat's dental surgery will go well and she will by bouncy like her normal self.

Thank goodness for pet insurance! She has never claimed for anything, so time for pay back for all the insurance payments I have made since I had her in September 2009!!!

One very relieved cat (and dog) mum!

DK :))

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I haven’t even been able to look at this thread for a good while because of everything that’s been happening in my life, but FIL got discharged today and mom JUST messaged me to tell me her biopsy results are benign! My dog also got an IVDD a flare up but he’s good after a few days!!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
My 19yo kitty is not well in that she has dental issues.

She is happier now that she is on pain relief and is eating better.

She has full blood work done and she is very good for her age and the vets are happy to put her under a general anaesthetic to get her teeth sorted.

The initial quote was between 500 to 2k GBP!!!

Today, I went in to have her pre-op checked by one of the surgical vets, and the more accurate estimate is about 1k GBP.

She too agrees that given her age and excellent health except for her teeth, it is worth having them sorted to improve her quality of life in her final years.

Managed to get her squeezed in for next Thursday as I have an eye appointment on Tuesday.

However, after I booked her in, I thought my eye test can wait as I know I am going to be OK, whereas she is worse off than me!

So I quickly rang the vets and asked if I could change my mind and book her in on Tuesday instead, and they said yes, woo hoo!

Then off to ring the eye test clinic to have my appointment changed, and they gave me an appointment on the date that suited me well, as I can't drive for at least 6h after the test, so no work or other appointments as I shan't be able to see much!

Really happy about the outcome so far. I hope the cat's dental surgery will go well and she will by bouncy like her normal self.

Thank goodness for pet insurance! She has never claimed for anything, so time for pay back for all the insurance payments I have made since I had her in September 2009!!!

One very relieved cat (and dog) mum!

Hoping your kitty is doing well and glad you have pet insurance! But as someone who works in vet med, dental procedures in my practice cost $150-250! That’s insane!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping your kitty is doing well and glad you have pet insurance! But as someone who works in vet med, dental procedures in my practice cost $150-250! That’s insane!

Thanks!

The vet practice charges per item and per tooth extraction.

My old dog had a few dental procedures throughout his like and cost me a small fortune, however, he was worth it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I turned my alarm off and ended up oversleeping 1/2 an hour and I have to work today.

The small win was finding ONE lone K-cup in the drawer, way in the back. Since there was not enough time to grab a coffee out, this was a lifesaver.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results