shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori 2510 vs 2620

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
I can sympathize with you, these were two of my favorites when I was shopping recently. I (really we, since gf was involved in shopping too) chose the 2620, which I posted pics of here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tacori-ring-finally-arrived.110981/

What I really like about the 2620 is the way it shows off the center stone in a couple of ways. First, the band gets thinner toward the diamond, making it more of a focal point. Second, the thin halo makes it look bigger and brighter, without detracting from the stone at all (like some halos can, I think).

I also really love the profile of the 2620. It has such intricate detail work, giving it an antique look that we were really drawn to.

I proposed a few weeks ago, and am now engaged. My fiancee reminds me regularly about how much she loves the ring, and all the compliments she gets. She is thrilled with it, so I am too.

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 2:42:33 PM
Author: cleve-rocks
I just found out that my grandmother''s diamond is available to set instead of the WF ACA. It is about the same size, but I need to see it to make sure it is of similar quality. How many of you all do sentimental diamonds in newer mountings? I think this could be pretty cool - except I will have to return the diamond to WF - I am sure they won''t be too happy about that.

i don''t think it''s uncommon to take the diamond and put it in a new mounting. ff and i used his great grandmothers diamonds as the side diamonds the my e-ring (the setting was this HUGE yellow gold twisting design and was too small for my fingers anyway). i think it''s great to incorporate something old and sentimental into something new that reflects your own SO''s tastes and will be something she definitely will love

agirlcalledchuck

Rough_Rock
My engagement ring is a 2620 with an oval diamond - the center stone is a family stone and has a ton of sentimental value to me, and I think that makes the ring twice as special - I think its really neat to take a stone and put it in a new setting because it makes it "yours" - it was a total shock to me that this particular stone ended up in my ring, because it belonged to my grandmother (who i was VERY close to) and when my fiance went to ask for my fathers blessing, he and my mother gave him this stone to put in my ring - the stone was originally just set as a solitaire, and it was GORGEOUS as it was, but putting it in the 2620 setting just really turned it into something breathtaking - and every time I look down at it, I''m not only reminded of the love between my fiance and I, but of the years of love it symbolizes that my grandmother and grandfather shared!!!! I fully intend on passing my ring down to a grandchild someday, and hopefully it will become a family heirloom! I love the idea of incorporating something sentimental into something new! it makes it totally priceless, and completely unique!

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I love halos, but I have to say I love the 2510! It's so antique-looking...and I agree with what another PS'er said... There's something special about that setting!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:59:27 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM
Author: motownmama
2510 made my heart skip a beat, but that's just ME.

ditto. I think there is something very special about that setting.
I've seen this in person, tried it on, and drolled over it. Hands down, this one.

And I'm a halo fan.

BUT I would not take a gamble on an expensive setting. I would just ask her, or find a way a family member (sister, mother) or friend can find out. It's a price setting not to get right.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 2:07:02 PM
Author: cushionladyESQ
I like the 2620...
I agree. The first would be most appropriate for an older style cut, whereas the 2620 gives your significantly large diamond an even larger presence.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results